• Published 26th Dec 2013
  • 546 Views, 10 Comments

Sweet Music - SparklingVynegar



Beauty Brass visits Fluttershy after a difficult rehearsal.

  • ...
3
 10
 546

The promised continuation

Attention! To those of you who I can already here complaining about a certain element of this story, I want you to carefully read the entire thing before you post an angry comment pointing out something that I already know about and making an Idiot of yourself, okay? Cool.

As her eyes drifted open, she felt that something was...different. Her eyes drifted from the wooden floors to the cross-timber, cottagesque walls and ceiling, and resting on the green and pink quilt that kept her pleasantly warm.

Yep, not her house.

Despite not knowing exactly where she was, Beauty Brass remained rather calm. Her memory last night was rather clear. She never drank Alcohol, so it wasn't as if she had been intoxicated. She hadn't been in a situation where she could make extremely regrettable decisions. And along with all that, she had a pretty good Idea of whose house she was in, too.

With that the blue mare sat up in the bed, stretching her forelegs, arching her back and yawning. While trying to rub the sleepiness out of her eye with one hoof, she suddenly caught whiff of something...amazing.

It was like smoke, though not as harsh, and it left a pleasant warmth at the back of her throat. Oh please please don't be mistaken.

Beauty followed the heavenly aroma. She traveled down a flight of stairs to the left into a kitchen...yes it is! It Is! Sweet Cadenza, it's bacon!

“Um...Beauty Brass, you’re drooling…” a timid voice said, snapping her out of her bacon-induced daydream.

Looking up, Beauty saw the same beautiful mare from last night, Fluttershy.

Shaking her head rapidly in order to break whatever chains she still had from spacing out.

“Good Morning, Fluttershy,” Beauty Brass responded with a sleepy smile.

“Good Morning to you to, sleepyhead,” Fluttershy replied, ruffling Beauty’s unruly mane with her hoof. She gestured back over to the frying pan that rested on a simple wood stove, “Here, I made Breakfast.”

“Yes,” said Beauty, once again returning her attention to the sizzling strips of tofu, “I noticed.”

Fluttershy put a hoof to her mouth and giggled softly. The pegasus then went about distributing the bacon between herself and her guest, giving a considerably larger portion on Beauty’s plate.
The two mares sat down and immediately began to dig into their breakfast.

As Beauty was midway through her third strip, a question came to her mind, putting down her bacon, she cleared her throat.

“Um…,” well that was a great start, “sorry, but my memory is a bit…nonexistent, what exactly am I doing here?”

Fluttershy looked up at Beauty Brass, a hint of worry-okay, a bit more than a hint-showing on her face. Beauty suddenly realised how that must have sounded and immediately attempted to redeem that statement.

“I-I mean, n-n-not that I mind,” the brunette mare sputtered, her face flushing in embarrassment, “It’s just- well…how did I get here, exactly?”

“Um…well, how about you tell me what you do remember from last night?” Fluttershy asked.

Nodding, Beauty closed her eyes in thought, “Let’s see, I remember walking to the clearing, seeing you, the rant, and then…” A deep scarlet blush spread across her muzzle, “I remember um…uh…”

Fluttershy was likewise blushing, when Beauty’s eyes meet hers, she flipped her head so her pink mane hid her face as she involuntarily made a squeaking noise.

That was so cute!

Driven by some unknown force, Beauty rose from her seat and walked over to her host. Raising a hoof to the pegasus’ shoulder, she brushed the pink curtain out of Fluttershy’s face and leaned in, kissing her passionately on the lips.

When the two finally broke, Beauty gave a sweet smile, “I think I remember something like that.”

The two mares wrapped their forelegs around one another, content on simply remaining in each other’s embrace. But it had to end, and so Beauty slowly and reluctantly pulled herself back down on all fours.

“After that…I woke up in your guest room.”

Fluttershy nodded, her cheeks still flushed from the kiss.

“Well, after we…um…we…uh,” Fluttershy stuttered over herself.

Beauty leaned in once more, this time just planting a light peck on the pegasus’ cheek.

“After we kissed…” the blue mare encouraged.

“Right, after we…kissed…we just hugged each other watching the night sky, by the time I thought to walk back home, you were…asleep in my hooves. I didn’t want to wake you up, so I carried you over to my house and gave you my bedroom for the night.”

“That was your room?” Beauty was shocked that Fluttershy was willing to give up her bed for somepony she had met that day, “But then, where did you sleep?”

“Oh…well…actually,” Fluttershy’s eyes drifted down to her empty plate, finding the white surface of nothing to be particularly interesting, “I actually…um…didn’t sleep…”

“What?!” Beauty was utterly shocked, she suddenly noticed the bags under Fluttershy’s gorgeous eyes and the slight stoop in her shoulders from fatigue, “Why you poor dear, you must be exhausted!”

“Oh well, actually, it’s not that difficult, I have to stay up late usually anyways, in order to take care of the nocturnal creatures,”

Beauty Brass still felt bad that she was the reason that this poor mare had to spend the entire night awake, even with animals that must be lonely. Reaching forward Beauty grasped Fluttershy’s hoof with her own.

“Come on, you need to get some rest,”

“Oh, but, it’s fine, really.”

“No ‘but’s, you need to get to bed, now,” Beauty was not going to let up.

The yellow mare sighed, “Oh, okay, if you insist.”

“I do, now let’s go.”

Beauty Brass lead the timid pegasus up the stairs and into the bedroom lifting up the quilt with one hoof, she guided the yellow mare onto the mattress and gently laid the blanket over her.

“Beauty, I’m really not-” Fluttershy began to protest but was interrupted by a low, high-pitched yawn. Beauty stared amazed, even her yawns were adorable.

Still chuckling at the fact she had been right she simply patted Fluttershy’s head, “I thought so,”

Beauty turned around, about ready to leave, but before she was halfway out the door she suddenly heard a faint plea, “wait.”

Turning around Beauty looked back over to see the yellow mare staring back at her with those gorgeous turquoise eyes.

“Um…do you think- I mean, if you don’t have anything else to do-um maybe um…you could uh…” Fluttershy struggled to get the words out, “Would you um, be here, with me.”

Beauty was stunned. Had Fluttershy really asked her to lie in bed with her. Well, Beauty wasn’t one to deny a pretty mare.

Slowly working her way over to the bed, Beauty slid herself under the quilt, feeling the warmth of both her own, and now her bedmates bodies. Slowly to two mares wrapped their hooves around each other.

“Mmm, you’re warm,” Fluttershy murmured, sleepiness already starting to intoxicate her mind.

Beauty didn’t mind at all, as she snuggled closer, Fluttershy’s head resting on her chest. Fluttershy’s breath, which was coming slower and softer every passing second, slowly blew against her chest, warming her heart, literally and emotionally.

“Hey…Brassy?”

Beauty was surprised by this new nickname, but, she kind of liked it.

“Yes, Fluttershy?”
“Are you my marefriend now?”

That took Beauty by surprise, but then again, maybe that’s what she wanted. This beautiful, timid mare with gorgeous eyes and the sweetest heart.

“Yes…yes I am.”

“That’s…good.”

Just as Fluttershy had almost reached a land of sweet dreams and quiet rest, three more words left her mouth:

“I love you.”

Beauty felt a single tear of happiness roll from her pink eyes, slowly she placed a gentle kiss on Fluttershy’s forehead.

“I love you, too.”

Author's Note:

I'm really proud of how well this story turned out.

On the subject of bacon:

Yes, I am aware that ponies are vegetarian, thank you for paying attention, but if you payed more attention you'd notice that what they were eating was TOFU.

The reason for this, as far as I've come to create it, is that when other carnivorous or omnivorous creatures, for instance, minotaurs, came to Equestria, they attempted to sell their meat products as food, but this appalled the ponies, and there were no sources of meat for them to eat, so in a strike of ingenuity they began to make fauxe-meat items from tofu, a fleshy substance made of plant material. The ponies began to eat the tofu products and they are now considered ethnic foods, which is why BB found it odd Fluttershy had some. The reason that it is not referred to as "Tofu" Bacon is because the ponies don't eat it out of the actual meat, so the material prefix isn't important.

Thank you for reading and please comment on this story. Tips, quips, wit, spit, or smiley faces, whatever you want, I just want feedback.

-E

Comments ( 4 )

An unusual pair, a rare Brass fic, and an enjoyable little read. Thanks for writing it. :twilightsmile:

4537855 Why, thank you:twilightsmile:. I thought people had forgotten about this fic.

Comment posted by Mr mustash deleted Jan 31st, 2015

Just reread this for the first time in a couple years. I think it's still cute, but man is this cringey for me to read. You can tell this was only my third attempted story, and the only one with actual direction at that.

I'm glad anypony read this, and astounded so many liked it.

Login or register to comment