• Published 27th Feb 2012
  • 3,227 Views, 34 Comments

The Cyborg Colt - Huntermjiolnir



A cyborg is transported to Equestria through a mechanical accident.

  • ...
11
 34
 3,227

That necklace looks good on you

Chapter 7: That necklace looks good on you.
(An: Sorry to say this is the last chapter of CC. Worry not a new story will be coming soon. Also the title gives away what happens in this chapter. Spoiler alert)

It has been four months since the episode involving Nightmare moon. Trixie has happily moved into town and much to the surprise of the friends has expressed her love for a certain animal loving pegasus, the pair have begun dating and the friends find the couple very cute. Nexus has expanded his business slightly and is now making enough money to find himself with more than enough to support himself and Twilight.

To that end Nexus has decided he has waited long enough and is currently planning something special for his marefriend.

Nexus looks around shiftily before bolting inside the jewelry store recommended to him by Rarity.

Nexus curses as he spots Trixie browsing the goods nearby.

Trixie turns and smiles as she spots the cyborg.

“Trixie believes her eyes are mistaken, for she sees Nexus in a jewelry store.”

Nexus sighs and sits down near Trixie. “Listen, you probably can guess why i'm here can't you?”

Trixie nods. “Trixie can guess, and Trixie believes you have waited long enough for what you are planning.”

Nexus turns towards the ex-show mare and glares at her grumpily.

“I swear, if a WORD of this gets out to Twilight I will tie you upside down to one of AJ's trees.” Nexus says with a growl.

Trixie smirks. “You do not have to worry, Trixie would not THINK of spoiling your surprise.”

“So why are YOU here?” Nexus asks.

Trixie blushes, hints of red showing through her azure coat. “Trixie merely wanted to buy something wonderful for the kind and gentle Fluttershy.”

“Well I'm going to repeat what I told you a few months ago when you two started dating. If I hear ONE WORD that you have hurt Fluttershy in ANY way, I swear by Luna I will destroy you.”

Trixie scoffs. “Trixie would not DARE to hurt the graceful and kind Fluttershy. Trixie truly loves that gentle pegasus.”

Nexus nods. “Good. Now I admit I need your help, you know what I'm planning and unfortunately I'm not that great of a judge when it comes to what looks good on a pony. So if you don't mind would you help me pick out an engagement necklace?”

“Trixie would be happy to help further the relationship between Nexus and Twilight.”

“Good.” Nexus walks over to the display case and begins browsing, Trixie beside him, pointing various necklaces out.

Trixie thinks this one might be good.”

Nexus glances at the extravagant necklace before shaking his head. “Too fancy, I want something simple yet beautiful.”

Trixie hums lightly scratching her chin thoughtfully. Trixie points to another Necklace. “What about this?”

Nexus looks at the necklace briefly before trotting over and giving it a more thorough look.

“Hmmm, pretty. Elegant, yet simple. Beautiful, yet plain. This is perfect.” Nexus taps on the glass to get the attention of the clerk.

“May I see this necklace closer?”

The clerk nods and unlocks the case, hoofing the selected necklace towards Nexus.

Nexus scrutinizes every inch of the necklace picking it up and turning it this way and that before replacing it.

“This necklace is perfect! I'll take it.” Nexus says to the clerk with a smile.

The clerk nods. “Would you like this in a box?”

“Preferably one that would allow me to open easily, i'm using that to propose to my marefriend.”

“Well congratulations. I'm sure she'll be ecstatic.”

Nexus chuckles. “I'll bet she will.”

Nexus follows the clerk over to the register leaving Trixie to continue browsing for her marefriend.

“So, how much do I owe you?” Nexus asks already rummaging in his saddle bag for his bit pouch.

“Well, the necklace itself is five hundred bits, the box is included in the price. Sales tax brings the total up to five hundred forty-seven bits.” The clerk replies.

Nexus nods and hoofs over the required amount.

The clerk passes him a long velvet box containing the necklace.

Nexus grabs the box and places it in his left saddle bag, nodding his thanks to the clerk as he leaves.

In his mind, Nexus checks off a bullet point on a mental list.

'Necklace, check. Next item: Visit Pinkie to arrange a party to Propose to Twilight at.'

Nexus turns and trots towards the bakery a smile on his face.

Nexus frowns nervously hesitating outside the entrance to the bakery. He reaches on his back and taps his focus rifle for comfort. Having steeled his nerves, Nexus enters.

Nexus curses silently as he spots Twilight chatting with Fluttershy at a table in the corner.

Nexus waves at the pair, and smiles as they wave back, then he continues walking swiftly arriving at the counter and rings the bell.

Mrs. Cake walks over to the counter smiling as she sees the cyborg.

“Nexus! How can I help you today, cupcake? Pie?” The baker asks.

“Actually, I'm looking for Pinkie, is she here?” Nexus says while nervously glancing at Twilight, sighing in relief as he realizes she has heard nothing.

Mrs. Cake notices the colt's strange behavior and smiles at him knowingly. “I'm sure she's here somewhere, and yes I figured it out. Don't worry your secret is safe with me.”

Nexus frowns at the baker but smiles as the pink pony hops over to the pair.

“OOOOO! Nexie Wexie! My Pinkie senses told me I'd be needed for something important today!” Pinkie says happily.

“Pinkie sense? What... never mind” Nexus says shaking his head.

“Yeah I need your help, but I can't tell you here, Twilight might find out and that would ruin the surprise.” Nexus says.

Pinkie Pie winks at him conspiratorially. “Okie Dokie Loki. Tell you what, I go on lunch in a few minutes I'll meet you by the park. I can help you there.”

Nexus nods trotting over to his marefriend.

Twilight lifts one eyebrow at him. “Why were you talking to Pinkie?” She asks.

“Oh, I just wanted her help in planning a party.” Nexus replies.

Twilight smiles and nods sagely. “Well, Pinkie's the one to ask. I hope your party plans go well!”

“Me too Twi, Me too.” Nexus says nervously before walking out the door, heading towards the park.

He lies down near the bush and sighs trying to calm his nerves. He jumps slightly as the bush rustles and Pinkie pie hops out from it sitting herself down next to him.

“Goodness Pinkie please don't scare me like that, I'm nervous enough as it is!” Nexus says.

“Sorry, so what kind of party are we planning, I know it's supposed to be secret!” Pinkie asks.

“Listen, before I tell you I want you to Pinkie promise me that not a word of this gets out to Twilight, you can tell the cakes, mostly cause im having the party there, but nopony else.”

Pinkie nods and makes the promise.

Nexus smiles. “Thanks. I'm throwing this party merely as a cover. The real reason I'm doing this is to propose to Twilight, so I want you to help with the decorations. Make the party seem real, but you can only invite our friends.” Nexus says.

Pinkies smile gets bigger, and her eyes grow huge. “Proposing to Twilight!?” She squeals. Pinkie Pie salutes. “You got my help!” The party pony says.

“Good, how soon do you think you can have the party ready?”

“Hmm. If I make a cake, write the invitations, custom made of course to be from you. I can have the party things ready by tomorrow afternoon.”

Nexus smiles and nods. “Good, have the invitations made for the date to be three days from now. Around six in the evening.”

Pinkie nods. “Okie Dokie Loki!”

“Thanks pinks, I knew I could rely on you.” Nexus replies as he gets up.

Pinkie nods again and hops back towards the bakery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three days later.

Nexus is trotting back and forth nervously pacing the floor of the library.

“Nexus, if you keep doing that you're going to burn a hole in the floor.” Spike says with a chuckle.

“I know, I'm just so nervous.” Nexus said to the dragon, who was in on the real reason for the party.

“Listen, I know you're nervous but I'm sure she'll say yes. She loves you and you know it.” Spike replies.

“Thanks bro.” Nexus says smiling at the dragon.

Twilight trots downstairs, and Nexus' jaws drops as he spies her dress. (the gala dress)

“You look amazing!” He says.

Twilight giggles and blushes. “Why thank you Nexus! Are you ready to go, the party can't begin without the host after all.”

Nexus nods, grabbing his saddle bags, swiftly patting the side to ensure the felt box in still there.

“Got everything I need in here.” Nexus replies.

Twilight nods and the trio walk out of the library heading towards the bakery.

They enter the bakery to see Pinkie setting up a small phonograph, as they enter Pinkie smiles and moves the needle onto the record starting the music.

Twilight and their friends begin to dance, Trixie softly gazing into Fluttershy's eyes.

After about an hour, Nexus nods at Pinkie who stops the phonograph.

The party grinds to a halt and the gathered friends pause to stare at the Colt as he clears his throat.

“Everypony, I have an announcement to make. This party is a sham.”

The friends look at each other in confusion.

“Please let me speak.” Nexus says forestalling any questions.

“The real reason I did this party was for a specific reason, Twilight, would you mind coming over here for a moment?” Nexus says.

Twilight walks over to her coltfriend confusion evident on her face.

Nexus turns to his friends and speaks. “To be honest I've wanted to do this for a about a month now, but I needed time to get everything ready, large thanks to Pinkie for helping set this party up, also to Trixie for helping me select what's in my saddle bag.”

“Nexus, what's going on?” Twilight asks still confused.

In reply Nexus kneels before her reaching into his saddle bag, bringing out the velveteen box and opening it before her. He smiles ta her gasp and says the words she's aching to hear.

“Twilight Sparkle, would you do the great honor of becoming my wife?” Nexus asks.

The friends gasp, and Rarity faints dramatically.

Twilight's eyes glimmer with unshed tears and she tackles her coltfriend screaming. “YES! YES! YES! YES!”

Nexus chuckles. “Thanks Twilight.” HE places the necklace around her and she kisses him deeply, tears of joy flowing freely down her cheeks.

Nearby the girls cheer.

“Uhm, Twi, you mind getting off me, we still have a party to finish.” Nexus says.

Twilight gets up, practically beaming happiness.

“YAY! Now we can party for real!” Pinkie squeals.

“Indeed, congratulations to the both of you.” Rarity says.

The couple accept the thanks of their friends and resume the party well into the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seven years later.

“But mom! I don't want to go to school, can't I stay home with you and daddy?!” A small unicorn filly asks, pouting her lips and making her emerald eyes huge.

Twilight Sparkle ruffled the platinum hair of the filly smiling at the orange coated unicorn

“Sorry Sweetie, but you have to go to school. Don't you want to learn something exciting?” Twilight says.

The orange filly looks down. “Yes mommy, but I don't know anypony there! I'm scared!”

Nexus walks in and smiles at his daughter. “Don't worry Verity, I'm certain you'll make some friends in school.”

“But daddy! I'm still a blank flank! What if the other ponies make fun of me!” Verity asks.

“Heh, I remember Three fillies saying the same thing when they were your age. What did they call their group now?” Ponders Nexus.

“The Cutie Mark Crusader.” Twilight helpfully inputs with a giggle, clearly remembering the antics of the troublesome trio.

“OK daddy.” Verity says and she levitates her tiny saddle bag over her body and she trots out the door heading towards the school.

After the door closes behind the filly Twilight sighs. “She's such a cutie, but she should know to not be afraid.”

Nexus kisses his wife and glances at the necklace around her neck, smiling.

Twilight giggles at his kiss, then speaks to him.

“Yah know, I was thinking of having something rather special for dessert tonight.” Twilight says, smiling.

“Really, and what's that.” Nexus asks.

“Well, I had to talk to Fluttershy and Trixie first, but I think they agreed with me on this.”

“And how are they doing?”

“Well Trixie is loving everyday being married to Fluttershy and I must say she has taken rather well to Fluttershy's teachings she doesn't even use third person anymore unless she's stressed.” Twilight responds.

“Good. Now you were saying something about a special dessert?”

“Oh right. Well I think we should have something well... strange.” Twilight replies, her grin growing larger, her eyes twinkling with mischief.

“Like what?” Nexus asks now curious.

“I was thinking maybe Something like, oh I don't know Ice cream, with pickles.” Twilight says, practically beaming with mischief.

“Pickles that doesn't sound very good to go…. With.....” Nexus blinks as the realization hits him like a fully loaded freight train.

“You're not....” He begins his jaw dropping.

Twilight giggles and nods. “I am....”

Nexus smiles hugely, hugging his wife.

“That's great babe. Now Verity can have a brother or sister. But uh, how are we going to explain this to her?” Nexus asks.

“Let ME handle that. No offense but you're not exactly subtle.” Twilight says with a frown.

“None taken.” Nexus trots off towards the kitchen humming happily.

“I believe this calls for a celebration.” Nexus says.

“Oh?” Twilight asks.

Nexus returns holding a small bottle of wine, Twilight takes the two glasses from him with her magic. Nexus pours the drink and replaces the cork holding up his glass.

“A toast. To the future of our wonderful family.” Nexus says.

Twilight clinks her glass against his, and they drain their drinks.

“I love you.” Nexus says to his wife, nuzzling against her.

“I love you too.” Twilight replies back. Their eyes close smiles on their faces reveling in each others warmth.

The end

(AN: Finally done. Apologies if you didn't like the ending, but at least I finished on a happy note. As you're reading this I have decided to make an audio book of this story, when finished I will write a in a blog with the link to the audio book. Be sure to be on the look out for my next story Heart of Pony, Wings of Dragon.)

Comments ( 8 )

Oh wow. Awesome chapter.

Great chapter... But I now have the EXTREME urge to cut myself with the recurring thoughts of Trixie :pinkiesick: being with Fluttershy :pinkiesick::raritycry::raritydespair: But in the end, it was a great story and I'm glad I got a chance to read it.

...ice cream with pickles... i don't get it -_-

277937 wait, the giant portal gun was destroyed?!?! (eenope, they still have the origional) {seems like they could still follow them, he never actually mentioned the giant portal gun being destroyed...} so it seems like they could still follow (also, he may have saved a copy of the schematics in the computer if somehow the giant one were destroyed)

1361880 i more stories if you want to read them. Try The Guardian Shape-shifter

This NEEDS a sequel badly

it feels so weird and nostalgic to come back and read a story from way back when.

Login or register to comment