• Published 27th Feb 2012
  • 3,227 Views, 34 Comments

The Cyborg Colt - Huntermjiolnir



A cyborg is transported to Equestria through a mechanical accident.

  • ...
11
 34
 3,227

The happy mistake

Chapter 2: The happy mistake.
(AN: If you don't like that, skip past that part, but it is chained as part of the story so I suggest you read it.)

Four days later

Nexus is in the hologram room meddling with various outputs and designs and has discovered, to his delight, a way to build three dimensional blueprints.

Currently he is modifying a section of his arm, finding flaws and fixing them, storing the information for later.

Batman walks in to find Nexus standing in the gigantic blueprints of his own arms twisting and rotating the schematics, highlighting and modifying parts of it at a moments notice.

“Nexus?” Batman asks.

Nexus turns and spots Batman.

“Computer save all changes under Nexus arm modifications, then exit program.” Nexus says.

The computer beeps, then the blueprints disappear.

“So, what's going on?” Nexus asked.

“The president has agreed to see you today.” Batman says.

“Cool, we teleporting there?”

“Yes, are your weapons with you?”

“No I don't think I need to keep them on me all the time in the watchtower, so I leave them in my room most of the time.”

“Good, lets go then.” Batman says as he exits the hologram chamber.

Nexus follows Batman towards the transporter room.

The pair arrive a few moments later and Batman motions for Nexus to stand beside him on the transporter pad.

With a flash of light they are teleported to the White House.

“You know I could improve that technology if you let me look at the blueprints.” Nexus ventures.

“Maybe when we get back.” Batman replies.

Nexus looks around to see that they are in a featureless white room.

“So where in the White House are we?” Nexus asks.

“Designated teleport zone, we're only allowed to teleport to here when we come.”

After a few moments of silence a section of the wall opens to reveal two secret service agents.

“Come with us please.” One of the two agents says.

The four strong group exit the room walking quickly.

After a moment they enter the oval office, as they enter they spot the president talking to a man in military garb.

“Gentlemen, I see you have arrived.” The president says.

“May I introduce the Director of Defense?” The president says as he points to the man in military garb.

“General Zion.” The man says.

“Hello.” Nexus replies, waving with his left hand.

“So I hear you made that arm and eye yourself.” Zion says.

“Yup, sure did, also made my weapons, which I left in my room on the Watchtower.” Nexus replies.

“What sort of weapons?” The president asks.

“An unrestricted Portal gun, and a Focus rifle, modified.” Nexus replies.

“Having played the game myself, I know what the Portal gun does, but what does the Focus rifle do?” The president asks.

“It shoots a beam of concentrated plasma that can be adjusted to do certain levels of damage. I only have four modes for it currently.”

“And what would those modes be?” The general asks.

“Stun, Singe, Char, and Slag. You can guess what those modes do thanks to their names.” Nexus replies.

“We could use a weapon like that in the military, with that kind of power we'd be unstoppable.” The general replies.

“Sorry, but I'm not willing to give that kind of power to just anyone. You know what they say about power, it corrupts.” Nexus says.

“I understand, but we could still use some expertise with improving our military technology, would you be willing to take a look at some schematics ad helping us out?” The General asks.

“I wouldn't mind doing that on the side, but I'm still part of the league, so league business comes first.”

“Understood, but if you're free let us know and we'll be sure to give you a call.” The general replies.

“Sounds good, is that everything then?” Nexus asks.

“Indeed I don't see any reason that would prevent you from being a good league member, therefore I approve.” The president says.

Nexus smiles. “Awesome. Lets go back to the watchtower Batman.”

Batman nods and pulls out a small cylinder, and presses the button on top, with a flash of light the pair are teleported to the Watchtower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four years have passed, and Nexus is a valuable addition to the League. During his time off from missions and when not improving his own gear, Nexus has helped the US military improve various schematics given to him, catapulting military technology decades ahead.

Currently Nexus is working on making an improved version of his Portal gun, for use in military and civilian applications.

“Are you sure about this Nexus?” Batman asks.

“Yeah, I'm going to try and enlarge the miniature black hole standard in the Portal gun, I want you here in case something goes wrong. If this explodes, I know you can get me to the infirmary fairly fast.” Nexus replies.

“All right.” Batman says, standing back from the inventor by several feet.

Using the hologram chamber's built in robotic arms, Nexus moves the pre-built black hole holding chamber of the portal gun closer to him.

Nexus then holds up his left arm, a small section of it opening to reveal the Cold-fusion reactor.

Nexus' right arm places a large piece of diamond in the middle of the black hole chamber.

A beam of bluish light lances from the reactor into the diamond, which begins to glow.

“Beginning black hole formation sequence.” Nexus says, Batman watching carefully from behind.

The diamond glow brighter, then suddenly shrinks and collapses upon itself forming a small, inconceivably black dot about the size of a quarter.

Nexus smiles. “Formation successful, beginning enlargement sequence.”

The beam of bluish light widens slightly, disappearing into the tiny black hole's maw.

Slowly the tiny black dot begins to grow. As it reaches the size of a golf ball, it suddenly fluctuates and wobbles.

Nexus frowns, and turns off the beam, the section of arm sliding back into place.

Nexus then reaches behind him patting both his weapons for reassurance.

“Something's not right, it's not supposed to wobble like that.”

“Is it stable?” batman asks.

“Possibly I'll wait a few moments before resuming widening.” Nexus replies.

The black dot wobbles more, a small sliver of blackness reaches out like a hungry tentacle before retreating back into the space hole.

After a few more instances like this the black dot stabilizes.

“Good it's stable, resuming enlargement.” Nexus says, the section of his arm sliding open once more.

The beam of bluish light lances into the black dot again, and the black hole slowly grows larger. The black hole reaches the size of a small lemon and wobbles again, this time more violently.

Nexus turns off the beam, the armor sliding into place once more.

Nexus backs away as the black hole spikes upwards consuming a part of the holding chamber in the process.

“I don't think I should make it any larger. It's barely holding stability.” Nexus says.

“I agree, we should get Starman to come take care of this.” Batman replies.

“Yeah that might be a good idea.” Nexus says.

Batman nods and presses a finger to the side of his head opening communication to the Watchtower.

The Black hole wobbles sending a spike of darkness through another part of the chamber. Upon 'eating' this section of metal and plastic, the black hole sparks and grows larger in an instant.

“WHOAH!” Nexus says, backing up again, staring at the four foot wide black hole.

The black hole flickers violently, then suddenly something within the hole snaps, and it begins to violently suck everything near it towards itself.

“Oh crap!” Nexus says, sliding inexorably towards the hole.

Suddenly a grappling hook wraps around his left arm, and Nexus looks back to see Batman firing another grappling hook into the side of the hologram chamber, connecting the two wires of reinforced steel together.

Batman then attaches himself to the wire using a hook from his utility belt.

Nexus takes the lifeline as his feet slip out from under him pointing towards the black hole.

“Hold on!” Batman yells over the roaring of air being sucked into the hungry maw of the black hole.

“BATMAN! I don't think this wire is going to hold!” Nexus says. Indeed a part of the wrapped around Nexus' metal arm is beginning to fray, the metal rubbing against metal wearing down on the wire.

“Damn it Starman! Hurry up!” Batman says to himself.

“I don't think he's gonna make it!” Nexus replies as another strand of wire snaps, sending him closer to the black hole by a few inches.

“Batman I want you to know I've had lots of fun with the league, but I'm fairly certain I'm not gonna make it.” Nexus says.

“Don't say that we're....” Batman's sentence is stopped by the last strand of wire snapping, Batman watches horrified as Nexus hangs there for a millisecond before flying backwards into the black hole. The last thing Batman sees is a flash of light before seeing the red shifted image of Nexus frozen on the very edge of the black hole.

Seconds later Starman runs through the doors and with a wave of his hands dispells the Black hole.

The roaring of wind stops instantly and the image of Nexus fades along with the black hole.

“I'm sorry batman, but I searched the universe for him, he is gone, I cannot bring him back.” Starman says, sorrow evident in his voice.

Batman numbly disconnect himself from the grappling wire and walks over to where the image of Nexus faded moments before.

“He's gone. But he won't be forgotten, I'll honor his memory, I'll never forget his eccentric inventor ways.” Batman says.

Starman walks next to his friend and places a comforting hand upon the dark knight's shoulder.

“Neither will I my friend, neither will I.”

(AN: Done. Know I know you can't actually see a black hole as it doesn't reflect light, however I feel, for the sake of drama, it would make the story better if you could see it and get a feel for what's happening. Also, the portal gun uses black holes to make the portals, so I used that to make a 'bridge' to another universe to send Nexus to Equestria. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, the next one should be coming fairly soon.)