• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 716 Views, 21 Comments

Swing, Tavi, Swing. - LikeaBaws



When a Sax player stays in Ponyville for special occasions, somepony doesn't completely trust you. And she completely disagree with Jazz, because she can't swing. Will you be able to get the pony swinging by the time you leave?

  • ...
0
 21
 716

You Plus Vinyl Equals Issues

You approach your house in Ponyville. You sigh, open the door, walk in, close the door, and flopped onto the couch. "Thif if fha worth day of my life." You mumble through the couch. The door bell rings and you go near it. "Coming." You say. You open the door to see Vinyl.

"Sup?" She says. She barges into your house before you can say a word. "This is your place, huh? Looks nice." She says as she sits on your couch.

"Why'd you come?" You asked.

"Blueblood came into the house, gave up afterwards." Vinyl says, now slouching.

"Yeah...my brother can be a real pain." You say.

"Woah, woah, hold up. You say he's your brother?"

"Yeah, why?"

"That guy kicked me from a gig in Canterlot! Was gonna get paid too..."

"He hates anything that can move his hoofs. I know because I heard that...um...a Base Cannon was shot out? I think?"

"Really?! That was me!"

"No way! Yeah!" You high hoof the girl and she smirks. You sit on the couch as well, but surprised when she rests her head on your shoulder. "Yeah...he totally deserved that." Vinyl says.

"Just a pain in the flank." You say.

"Hey...is it alright if I can stay at your place for tonight? I can't trust the time, knowing how long Bluebutt is going to be there." She says.

"If Octavia get's jealous-"

"She's with Bluebutt. Nothing to worry about." Vinyl says, motioning her hoof. She now got comfortable as she rest her hooves on the couch.

"Hey...remember how I said that, if you played the DJ, I find you cute?" She asked.



Oh...crap. Don't tell me.



"You gonna be a DJ someday?" She asked.



You...was...SAVED!!



"Probably not. Gotta follow my father's promise. Play the Sax, and teach it to the colts and fillies. That's really it." You say.

"Oh..." She says. It was quiet, and it kind of looked liked she zoned out. But a few minutes later, she straightens her back and quickly gets off the couch. "Um...anything to eat?" She asked.

"Nope...broke. Wanna grab something to bite?" You asked.

"Nah, just wondering for t'morrow." She says.

"Yeah...got a show coming up tommorow at the Wonderbolts Academy. Their going to battle it out at the flying race.. Wanna come?" You asked.

"Sure, why not? Where is it?" She asked.

"Cloudsdale. Celestia is going to use a spell for me to walk on clouds." You say, getting from the couch.

"Alright, gotta take a shower." She says. She heads upstairs, and you stare at you case. Your Sax is still in there, nothing wrong. But...the more you stare at your case, the more you find it...weird. Oh well, you'll find it later.


You sit at the bench, polishing your Sax. Somehow, you got yourself in a marching band. "How...?" You ask. You see a random pony trot up, and he gives you a slight punch to the side. "Aw, don't worreh, mate! Y'all just gotta overcome dat fear of yours!" He says.

"It's not fear...just..." You sigh unwanted. "...what song are we singing?"

"Singing? You sure you okay?" He asked again. You realize your mistake and you look at your Sax. "Just been off. Just tell me the song." You say.

"Goran Bregovic - Black cat White cat." He says. You smile at this. The easiest role in the band. All you have to do is keep the beat at a certain momentum. Think of it as...you are the drum. You have to make sure no one speeds up, no one slows down, and it goes perfectly, or be prepared to see music collapse. "Heh...alright then. Let's get this over with." You say.

You bring the Sax out, and you get into your Saxophone line.

It was silent at first, but as you march, the music began to play. Trombones were the important suckers in this song. Off beat and the entire band is thrown off. But it goes perfectly. The funny thing is, however, you see a stallion...holding hard cider...in the field. He says mumbo jumbo, but it's the perfect way to start the song. You blast, they blast. It goes on like that, until the music finally goes into.

The hard part is moving around in your black suit, followed by the others. You follow them in line, and you keep your smile intact. You follow your row, and you look at your white line. They have springs, bouncing up and down, and that's when it get's weirder. You start yelling 'Black Cat' while they yell 'White Cat'. This went on and on, but in the end, it was all over.

(You can finish the song if you like.)

You leave the marching band and you meet up with Vinyl at the bleachers. Her getting comfortable in a cloud, and preparing popcorn. "That was awesome, man." She says, her face stuff with popcorn.

"You gonna share those?" You asked. You aren't always polite, you know. You like to be free, have fun, not be Blueblood. Vinyl hands you over a hoof full of popcorn and you set it in your bag...that you somehow grabbed through thin air. "Never hung out with a stallion before. I-I mean, I've hanged out with guys before, but not a stallion who's awesome, just like me!" She says.

"Had a lot of comments like that. But I'm way to awesome for popcorn." You joke.

"Then hand me over the popcorn." Vinyl jokes.

"No way! I'm starving! Don't want me to be a hobo, do you?" You ask.

"Much better for me surviving than it is for you."

"Forget you."

You both laugh, but she scoots over to you. "Need something?" You ask.

"Huh? Oh...yeah. Wanna...come over to our place?" Vinyl asked.

"How do you know Bluebutt is still there?"

"Good point. Hm...alright then, guess I'll just give you the present then." She says.

"Huh? What present-?"

You was cut off with a kiss to the cheek. You really didn't expect this, but a mare who ticked off your bro, definite friend. The friend who kissed you for Celestia-knows-what? How ticked do you think Octavia would be? Jealous, or to the point where the roof falls down? "What? Didn't expect someone awesome as muah, to give you a smooch?" She teased.

Your blush comes into view, but you do regret it. "Shut up..." You say shyly.

Wonder how you gonna get out of this.

Author's Note:

I know what your thinking, yes...I made Vinyl fall for you...kinda. But it still follows the path for Octy. Just...be...patient. See ya later!

Comments ( 5 )

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

3307825 Something wrong, or are you surprised at the fact that this happened?

3307843

neither for one i just felt like saying that cause im HIGHHHHHHHHH

3307846 Oh crap...how much?

Login or register to comment