• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 716 Views, 21 Comments

Swing, Tavi, Swing. - LikeaBaws



When a Sax player stays in Ponyville for special occasions, somepony doesn't completely trust you. And she completely disagree with Jazz, because she can't swing. Will you be able to get the pony swinging by the time you leave?

  • ...
0
 21
 716

It's A Date Gone Wrong

You stand in front of...Octavia's house, but...you feel...nervous. I'm mean, you been on a lot of concerts, stages, heck, even a few mares actually tried to get your attention, but this one just makes you feel...weird. You take a deep breath, and you slowly let it out. You knock on the door..."OCTY, YOUR BOYFRIEND IS AT THE DOOR!!" You hear.

"I'M BUSY DOING MY HAIR!! YOU GET IT!!" You hear. The door starts to unlock, and you see a white mare. She had a razor and rad blue and cyan hair. She wore pink/purple glasses, and you couldn't see her eyes. Her cutie mark was a two-note and she obviously had a smirk on her face. "Hey, names Vinyl Scratch." She says, holding out a hoof.

You shake the hoof, and she lets you in. "Is Octy your boyfriend?" Vinyl asked. You look at her at first as she gives a small 'squee'. "Actually, were only going to dinner to introduce ourselves. Nothing like that." You say.

Vinyl stares as you as you stare back. "Sounds boring." Vinyl says. You smirk as she stares at you in confusion. "I do plan on...teasing with her. Just to peeve her off." You add.

"Now your talking!" She says as she gives you a slight punch to the shoulder. She goes into the kitchen as You follow. "You know...you don't look half bad. If you didn't play the Sax and listen to modern music, we could be in...'business'." Vinyl says as she winks at You.

"Sorry, but Octavia may be a little jealous." You joke. You share a laugh with her...until Octavia comes from behind. "You ready?" She asks.

You turn, and you pick up your case. "Yeah. Got a gig at Ponies La Vida. They showed up just before I arrived, so I may be a little busy." You say awkwardly.

Octavia, however, seemed a little upset. Her eyes fell and her smile changed. "Oh...really?" She asks.

"Yo, Octy, you okay?" Vinyl asks. Octavia sat still for a moment, but she shook her head into reality. "Y-yeah. Just...let's go." She says as she pulls you by the collar.


You get to the restraunt with your case as they check the list. "Hmm...Jazzy...yes?" The agent says.

"Yeah. As a matter of fact, could you...hold my performance? I got to take a break." You ask.

"Can be no longer than be 30 minutes." the agent says.

"Alright then. 30 minutes it is."

"Alright, go in please. Table 5. Head left and you'll see it."

You and Octavia enter and see the place. The place was dim, and it smelled fresh. The food was properly made, the restraunt was loud, and yet, soft. Forks, spoons, and knifes clank to the plate left to right, the candles were the only things that lit the place, and everyone was dressed properly. You and Octavia head to Table 5 and you take a seat. "You like? First time coming here, being honest." You admit.

"Well then, you have a good taste in fashion then." Octavia says, taking a sip from her wine. You spin your glass, and she just wanders off into space. "Ever been here before?" You ask, breaking the silence.

Octavia hums...but she shrugs. "Not really. Was never brought here because you need a guest to come in here. I would bring Vinyl...but...you've met her, right?" Octavia asked.

"She seems okay. I don't see the problem." You say.

"She's unorganized, doesn't take anything seriously, and parties a lot. I find that revolting." She says.

"And you still live with her?"

"She cleans the dishes."

"With what? Wubs?"

"Yes. How did you know?"

"I was joking!"

"Then you were dead on."

"Excuse me, what would you like to order?"

You both turn to see a waitress standing there with a notepad and a pen. "Uh, yeah. Can I have a salad with a bit of hay?" You asked.

"Certainly. And you, madam?"

"Same." Octavia replies weakly and with anger. The waitress nods and leaves, but when she left, you got curious on what happened before. "Octavia...why were you so upset that I would be busy?" You asked.

Octavia's cheeks burned as she looks out the window with anger. She growls a little as she crosses her hooves and legs. "None of your business." She says.

"But you seem so upset. You can at least give me a try." You say.

"You don't u-understand."

"Then help me understand. Explain where I can understand. Help me understand, Octavia. I want to know."

The table was quiet, but the noise level wasn't. She seemed off guard as she stared at the window, and her anger slowly turned into her biting her own lip. Her cheeks turned pink to red, and her legs shifted uncomfortably. You wait for her to answer, and the more she refused to answer, the more she wanted to look away from you with embarrassment. "F-fine. It's just...I didn't want to lose you." She says.

"Huh?"

"I was afraid I would lose you. Sometimes...Vinyl would hook me up with a modest person, but it usually ends up w-wrong. Your the first that didn't leave me, like...after an hour." She explains.



Whoever she hook up with...they must've been jerks.



"I-I needed a stallion, so ponies would stop bugging me if I was single. And this pony makes me f-feel special. A little bit immature, but he's fine in my book."

"Who is he?"

"Sorry I'm late. Had to dress properly." You hear.

You turn to see...Blueblood. As he takes a seat and gets a good look at you, he scowls. "Jazzy..." He says angrily.

"Blueblood..." You say with a anger tone.

"You two know each other?" Octavia asks.

"Yeah...I hate to say this...but he's my...brother-in-law." You admit.

This was true. You was born first, but after your mother had some issues with your father, he went with a other mare...and that's how Blueblood came into view. At first, you thought this guy was your best little brother...but...he's one heck of a trouble maker. First, blames you for everything. School, home, work, messing with Auntie Tia's hair, EVERYTHING!!! You moved into Fillydelphia after that, but either way, you were going to be forced to move until you hit a certain age to come back. Though, he did tell you he was dating a mare, but you thought he would taste his own medicine...but...this was much worse. "Why is here here?" You asked.

"He's...the one I'm dating." Octavia said weakly. Blueblood looked at your case and smirks. "Still playing with your daddy's toy?" Blueblood taunted.

"Like you playing with your baby doll?" You truthfully asked. Blueblood gasped in shock, then went into peeved-off mode. "We told each other to never explain this to public!" He yelled.

"Your the one who started it!" You yelled back.

"Look! I brought him here so we can talk peacefully. Not to get into a feud." Octavia said.

"You better watch out for this one, Octavia, he's only using you." You say.

"And you better not trust him, Octavia. He is the same person who uses mares to get where he wants." Blueblood lied.

"Not true." You say with calm anger.

"So true. Come on, Ms. Octavia, we are leaving. Pay the bill." Blueblood says. They both leave, but before they leave out of your sight, Octavia looks at you with hurt-ful trust. You sigh as you stare at the half eaten food. The waitress comes back with the bill...

Oh Celestia...

...You have 121.34 bits in change?

Author's Note:

Their...finished. Have you good chapter my friends, and hope to see the next chapter.