• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 338 Views, 0 Comments

The Far Side of Home - DashieLives



It was just a relaxing day until somepony woke up and a place where she didn't knew she'd belong. With the help of a stranger she didn't know who, they set an adventure back home, but what awaits them... is a mystery.

  • ...
 0
 338

Chapter 1: Where am I?

I was walking on my way home, which is obviously miles away. The scenery looks nice from here, since I'm living far away from Ponyville, they'll never find my home. Probably nopony will. As I entered the dark forest where it looks like an abandoned place, but a clearing on the far side, which is where my home was, I took a short break from walking and sat down on a log not too far from where I was. I took my saddlebag out and started to eat an apple that I had.

"Mhm, this apple is tasty, I should've bring more though..." I said to myself, eating it slowly to savouring the taste. I put my hat down, letting the wind breeze through my mane. As I lay back down, I took out my clothes to feel comfortable and find some woods to build a fire. I took another thing off of my saddlebag and read my first book in the 'Daring Do' series, which was written by myself. As I open the book, I noticed all of the pages were scribbled and torn apart. I looked around and saw nopony.

Odd... how did this happen?

I decided to throw the book away since there's nothing to do about it. I put back my clothes and wrap my saddlebag around me and continued walking. I was closing my eyes but I shook my head to focus walking.

Come on Daring Do, you can't sleep just now!

To keep myself awake, I decided to sprint towards my house, avoiding everything I see, just keep going forward. I could see my house from the distance away, and I slowly walked. I flipped my hat and walked to the entrance of my house, which is clearly know as a treehouse.

"I miss you home. It's great to be back!" I yelled happily and dashed to my room. There I see the same things as before, figurines, posters, accessories, and other treasures I collected last time. I opened my window for the fresh air to come inside. As I went to bed, I placed my saddlebag and my hat aside.

Finally, a comfortable place to lay down on...

While looking at the ceiling for how many minutes, I slowly drifted of to a deep sleep, not feeling anything except for the sound of myself snoring.

* * *

I woke up by hitting a ground, that was unexpected. I woke and take a look, not knowing where I was. I got up and noticed I was standing on two hooves.

Wha... What's going on?!

"What... what am I? What are these?!" I yelled as I looked at my other two 'hooves'. I tried to move them, and it did. I squeaked in shock. Slowly backing up until I hit a wall.

"Who's there?!" I quickly turned back, but tripped by accident. I noticed I was wearing a khaki shorts and a long boot as well.

I need to get myself a mirror.

"I-I don't even know what was going on..." I was wearing khaki shirts as well with the sleeves short to it, and I noticed I was also the coat color like last time. Even my wings are still here, thank Celestia I have them. I slowly walked around, investigating the place.

"Hello, anypony here?" I asked, getting used by walking on two foot. I have to admit the view is nice, but I didn't have anything with me.

* * *

I spent the last few hours finding my home, which was not a good thing at all. I was slowing down, feeling dehydrated.

"Need... water..." I was reaching my hand out, seeing if I'm going to bump into something, unfortunately, I didn't. I slowly fell to the ground, gasping for air, until I saw a shadow above me. He picked me up gently, and walked to the opposite direction.

"Don't worry, you're safe for now," He said, looking down at me and used my hat for cover in my face. I slowly closed my eyes, breathing heavily.

All I could feel was my hand hanging down and my own wings closed. He was taking his time walking, which was kinda slow. He set me down and looked through his bag of whatever he has in it.

"Drink this up..." He put my head up and he slowly made me drink it. I could taste the water and coughed a little. I slowly opened my eyes and saw him completely.

"T-Thanks..." I said before closing my eyes one last time. The stranger quickly picked me up and he dashed to a place I don't even know of. He set me down on a bed and placed my hat on the other side of the room. As I slowly woke up, I saw him writing on his own memo pad.

"Hey... where am I?" *I ask as I sat up, looking around this small room and I saw myself covered in blanket.

"Somewhere safe, take a rest," He replied, putting a warm towel on top me. "I gotta say, I never seen you around before."

"First, I got three questions. Who are you, where am I, and why do I look like this? Am I an alien... I don't even know what I am!" I yelled as I looked at him.

He chuckled and he continued. "I'll talk to you about later, and where are we you ask? Absolutely no idea, I've been stuck here for a long time and I'm used to this place, but no clue of it's name, and answer number three, it's sort of a long story."

Smartypants.

"I guess you had the same problem as me. But I need to get back home, this isn't what I look like, or at least I don't even look like this," I looked at my hands again, the my boots, which is... gone.

"Quick question, who are you?" He asked me and he was still writing.

"Me? I am..." I stopped for a moment, trying to figure out who I was. "...I-I can't remember." I laid down, trying to remember who I was.

"You can't? Sucks, I look like about your age you know," He chuckled and put his memo pad away. "Name's White Cobalt," He was wearing an adventures shoe with a brown T-shirt and a jacket too. His hair was red with a few shades of light along with it, and he brushed it up. "I've been finding my home too like you. Hey.. we could be partners from now on!"

I just met you...

I chuckled nervously, taking the towel on my forehead away. "I... I guess, so it could be easier you know," I got off and put my boots back on and searched for my hat, which was just near the window.

"I don't want to be stuck here forever, Cobalt. I really need to get back home...." I looked down at the ground.

"Stranger, a promise is a promise okay? We'll get out of here, let's just believe in it..." He got up and went outside.

I hope things go well between us...

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment