• Published 24th Feb 2012
  • 1,588 Views, 18 Comments

The Wrong Pair of Shades - Countpony



Vinyl Scratches has a mix up with a very interesting DJ. Shipping ensues.

  • ...
3
 18
 1,588

Chapter 1

The Wrong Pair of Shades

by countpony


It was never easy to get a gig. Some nights were more complicated than others. Fights arose when Synth Sense tried to book the night at the same place as somepony else. Pon-n-Pon was on of the first, he was more popular than Synth, and used his experience to get the deal before Synth. Another gig was take by Deadhors3. He was a little more gracious to Synth and politely asked him to back of the deal. Synth, having been an amateur, was forced to do so.

Synth Sense was a grey-white unicorn with a fiery, green mane and a tail to match, which never seemed to stop swishing as he pumped up the jams at clubs and any other gig he could get his hooves on. He wore shades that hid his eyes, there were green no doubt but the green of his irises heavily outweighed his pupils. When he was a young colt he was made fun of, so he wore shades to hide. His name fit him well, as did his cutie mark which was a ripple of sound. He always had a knack for music, almost to the point that he could see and hear music all around him at anytime. He chose the stage name Tecapon3 he wanted everypony to think he was good with his setup. But he still lacked recognition.

That all changed when he got a call to DJ a party, in Ponyville. Knowing that the party planner had probably asked somepony else to come also, and Synth was just a back up in case the first choice couldn’t show. But he went anyway, bringing all his necessary equipment. And when he arrived at the Ponyville train station he was greeted by the party planner.

“Hi there, I’m Pinkie Pie.” said the pink, bubbly pony to Synth as he got off the train. “And you must be Tecapon3.”

Synth knew he would have some trouble working with the excited mare, she was to outspoken for his style, but he tried to fake a smile. “Hi, yeah I’m Tecapon3, but my real name is Synth Sense.”

“Okie Dokie, Synth, I’m gonna show you around Ponyville while we head for Sugarcube Corner. Which is where the party is going to be. It’s going to be a-maaaaazing.”

“Wait, in your letter you said it was a ‘two-part-er’, so what the hay does that mean?”

“It means the party starts tomorrow at breakfast and goes all night, then we start up again the next morning and go all night one more time.”

“I don’t think i could work that long.” said Synth as the two turned a corner and Sugarcube Corner came into view.

“No silly, that’s why I got two DJs for this party.”

“Oh really, and who perchance is the other pony I will be working with?”

“It’s a surprise.” Said the pink mare as the entered the bakery shop.

“Of course it is.” muttered Synth under his breath as his pale green magic aura appeared around his equipment and he began to set up.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

That night was a blur to Synth as he watched what seemed like the whole town setting up for the party. “Um, excuse me, could somepony tell me what this party is about?”

“Whay, it’s to celebrate the grand reopening of the town hall after, an incident with a certain cross-eyed Pegasus.” Said an orange mare who happened to be going by, and pushing what looked to be an apple cart.

“Oh is that so, then i guess i should go look for the pony who got me this gig, and who was it that caused the damage?”

“Her name is Derpy Hooves, and she happens to be over by the library, probably trying to hang some streamers.”

“Thanks” said Synth Sense as he headed off to the library.

On the way there he talked to the other ponies, he asked about the ones he had met and found out that the orange mare, who was apparently named Applejack, and Pinkie Pie, whom had been seen by Synth all over the town helping prepare, were two of the six Elements of Harmony and had saved Equestria from certain doom, twice.

When he got to the library he saw who he was looking for, and went to say hi to Derpy.

“Uh, Hello there, um, Derpy is it?” he got out.

“Yep, that's me, the somewhat most reliable mailmare in Ponyville.”

“Well i just came to say hi and to thank you for indirectly getting me this gig.”

“that’s nice, have fun.” said the gray Pegasus who was looking at and slightly to the left and above him.

“Okay, I will.” He responded and turned to leave. As he turned he bumped into another unicorn and his shades fell off. “oh, I'm so sorry.”

“That's fine” said the other mare.

Not realizing that she was looking on the ground for something also, Synth Sense saw some shades on the ground, so he grabbed them and left.

As he put them on he stopped and realized what had happened, his vision was tinted reddish instead of the usual green. Then he slowly took them off and said to himself.
“these aren’t mine, i must have grabbed the wrong pair when I bumped into the other Unicorn, which means these are hers, and she has my shades.”

Somewhere on the other side of Ponyville, Vinyl Scratch was coming to the same conclusion.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

All across Ponyville, Vinyl Scratch was searching, she remained in the shadows, still trying to hid her radiant, piercing red eyes. She was looking for the stupid pony who had her favorite glasses, yes the were her only glasses, but still her favorite. She had travelled all over the place, and never before had she lost her glasses. Then she glanced down at the pair around her neck and saw that there was an inscription on the left side. It read: “Synth Sense” and next to it was what looked like a shock-wave.

“Hm, maybe I could track him using a possession-locating spell. That is, if I knew such a spell.”
Said the disgruntled DJ as she passed by the town hall for the fourth time. “Now what? Oh wait, if I go back to where I bumped into that guy, maybe he got the same idea and we can trade off there.” She galloped off to do so.

Synth had the same idea but he decided to try a couple more places before he headed back to the library. He checked the town hall, Sweet Apple Acres, cliff road, the old pony retirement home, he even checked the hotel he was staying. When he finally got to the library it was late and he didn’t see anypony. He waited in the shadows for about an hour. Still nopony that looked like her. So he decided to wait until the morning to look again.

Vinyl had been waiting in the shadows and still couldn’t see the little thief. She had looked every where, checked everypony, and still nopony looked like him. She also decided to head back to the hotel and wait until the next day. “I guess I’ll have to use this pair of shades.” She muttered to herself as she entered her room. She hadn’t wanted to do this gig, after what had happened, but Pinkie Pie was an old friend.

In the room across the hall, Synth Sense was getting back an hour later than he wanted too so he headed off to bed. “I guess I could always got out with the wrong pair of shades.” was all he could think of as he drifted off to sleep.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-


It was another beautiful day in Equestria. Actually, Synth Sense hated mornings, and the sun in his face made it all the harder to get up from his bed. “well, time to go.” He floated over the other pony’s glasses, put them on and headed out the door.

Vinyl, on the other hand, was very much a morning person and had left to get some breakfast. She had a hard time seeing certain things with the green tint of that other colts glasses. Synth was having similar trouble with his “rented pair” and almost ran into Pinkie Pie when he walked into Sugarcube Corner. “Oh, hello Pinkie Pie.”

“Hi there Tecapon3. Nice new shades.”

“Um, thanks,but uh these are the wrong pair, dear Celestia, just let her leave me alone, by chance do you have anything I could eat for breakfast?”

“Yeah, I set aside some Wheat-Stax and some milk next to your equipment.”

“please tell me she didn’t spill any, why how thought full of you, I’ll go eat right away, now please don’t follow me.”
Synth trotted over to the back patio where his stuff was set up. “well at least it survived the night.”
He began going through a quick check-up on all his equipment to make sure it was ready for that night’s music. All was going normally until he heard a cough from behind him.

“Ahem, could you explain why you have DJ equipment set up here across from my stuff?” Said an obviously annoyed white unicorn with a fiery blue mane.

“I’m sorry, but I was hired for tonight,” The grey-white pony started to say as he turned around. “And I’m setting up, for, my... YOU!”

“YOU!”

“I’ve been trying to find you this whole time.”

“that’s what I’ve been doing.”

“well in that case can I have my glasses back.”

“Sure.” Said Vinyl Scratch. She closed her eyes and used her magic to switch her pair of shades with his. “Now that that’s over, do you mind telling me who the hay you are.”

“I’m Tecapon3 and I supposedly have the first night here. And you have the second night, and you are... Oh I’ve got it your that one DJ , that got all famous for your techno beats.”

“Yeah the name is DJ-pon3. I’ve never heard of you, are you new at this?”

“Of course not, I’m just not that famous.”

“Well I guess I’ll see you tonight. You better bring out some epic jams to set the mood for tomorrow night.” The mare said as she turned and headed out the door.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Synth Sense loved his special talent, not only did he remember every bit of music he had ever heard, he could replicate it in his voice. He always had new material to input into his setup. “alright, tonight I'll start with my City Sounds loop and then maybe my guitarist anthem bit. Then I'll see what the crowd feels like.” So he did.

To Vinyl it was like any other night sitting at a party she didn’t have to DJ at. The glances from fans, the autographs to sign, she finally decoded just to hang back in the dressing room she had been given. There she was , picking the records she would use for the finale the next night. That’s when she heard it, the music, it was classical. Cellos and violins, harps and horns, all of it brought back what she had experienced not to long ago, and she began to cry.

Synth loved it when the crowd chose the songs, and when they asked for a classical mash-up, he couldn’t help but smile. “It’s a good thing I went to that recital in Canterlot last week.” He said to himself as he brought the mic to up closer. “Alright, lets get classical all up in here.”
He started with the string section, adding the horns, raising the drums, he created a symphony, an orchestra, a carefully controlled musical endeavor, as effortlessly as speaking to his friends. Sometimes, it helped to concentrate, so he did, and the crowd loved it. Some time later, as the night wound down and the ravers left, he decided to take a break and let an older recording play. As he walked to his break room, he heard a muffled sound from across the hall. He went to investigate and found himself in front of Vinyl Scratch’s door. He knocked and asked, “can I come in?”

“Not right now, I need a moment.”

“Are you sure you need that moment alone, or with somepony to talk to?”

“I guess you can come in.”

Synth entered the room to find a saddened pony, with tears spilling out of her glasses. He went closer and sat next to her. “So, what could be bothering you?”

“Well, last week, while i was away doing a week DJ tournament, I, my, she, it, well.”

“Calm down and speak slowly.”

“My, Fillyfriend, Octavia, was crushed, by a, pile of chariots, when they, rolled off a parking lot, at the top, of the hill.” She got out as the tears began to flow again.

“Hey, hey, don’t cry. You’ll fill up your glasses. In fact, why don’t you take those off now, you could see better.”
“No way, I can’t, I won’t, I...”

“Here if I take off my shades will you take off yours?”

“Well, oh fine.”

As Vinyl floated off her glasses and began to look at Synth she saw something, a hesitation as he followed suit. “Is he hiding something with those glasses?” she asked herself. She didn’t have time to answer that question as she found herself gazing into the deepest green eyes she had ever seen. And Synth saw the most beautiful, vibrant red eyes in the whole of Equestria. They stared for a while , and Synth floated over a tissue and used it to wipe the tears on Vinyl’s face.

“Thanks.” was all she could manage.

“Hey, no problem. If you ever need anypony to talk to, I’m your colt.” He said with a look of assurance and a twinkle of hope.

“I guess it wouldn’t hurt to talk for awhile. But could you start?” she asked as she used another tissue to wipe her shades. She felt comforted by his eyes, for some reason. But she still felt defensive of her past.

“Alright, well it’s a sad tale, of woe and shame. You know, the usual school crap.” He said as a smirk crept up the saddened DJ’s face. “Yeah, I went through that crap, too.”

“I was born to a nice family, caring father and loving mother; we happily lived in Manehatten. Both were musicians. My father, Bass Clef, was a wonderful classical guitarist. He taught me everything I know about rock. My mother Soprano Forte, was a beautiful singer. She always taught me to follow my dreams and gave me the voice lessons that helped me out. But that’s just my family. I was alone at school, no friends, no siblings, nopony really liked me. In fact, everypony would always stare at my abnormal eyes. But one day was worse. It had been a long day, and I was late leaving the classroom. These three angry earth ponies from across the street that didn’t like me came and shoved me in an alley. Then the started to beat me up, each taking turns giving me hooves to the stomach, and worse. That went on for what seemed like forever. I was in massive pain. Then the weirdest thing happened, my throat was aching in a way that had never occurred before. It burned and it scratched. I finally yelled out, only to hear the sound of, a cooing pigeon. It was sad, they laughed at me. Then the beat me up some more. That is when the full extent of my ability came out. A wave of sound, so powerful, that it could move solid rock. And that is when my cutie-mark appeared. Once I had arrived back at my house, my dad returned and gave me a gift,” He ended as he glanced at shades around his neck. “He gave me, these glasses.”

“Well, that was a story, if I ever heard one.” Said a now calm Vinyl Scratch. Getting up, she put on her glasses and turned to Synth. “Maybe I’ll tell you my story later. How about tomorrow, at breakfast?”

“Okay, did you want to meet here.”

“Sure.” She responded. And she leaned down, gave him a quick peck on the cheek, and left as the door slowly closed behind her.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Synth woke up the next morning more tired than he had ever been. “Wow, that night’s sleep was worse than the time i tried that one colt’s special Applejack Daniels. And i woke up on the floor with a nail the size of my head jabbed into my hoof. Still don’t know how that happen.” He said as he grabbed his glasses and headed out of his room. As he exited his temporary residence he looked across the hall and was surprised to see a very familiar pony trotting out of her room.
“Hey, DJ-pon3, I didn’t know you were staying here also.”

“Oh, hey there. By the way my name is actually Vinyl Scratch.”

“Cool, my name is Synth Sense, if I hadn’t already mentioned it to you.”

“No, I don’t thunk you did.” She thought out loud. “It has a nice ring to it. Synth Sense, syyynth sense, synth seeeeennnnnssssee. Cool! Well, shall we head to breakfast.”

“Why, yes m’lady. Would m’lady like me to carry anything for her.”

“Wow, going a little to close to Colteo and Filliette.”

“Yeah, Okay. Well then, after you.” Said Synth as he bowed his head and motioned for the door leading into the streets. And the two entertainers trotted side by side to Sugarcube Corner.

As the went they got to chatting about the party which was already back in full swing. They noticed Pinkie Pie still seemed to be omnipresent even if she just was really fast at getting around. They talked of the friendly ponies in Ponyville and how they compared to other cities. On the way, Synth decided to try something to distract Vinyl from remembering last night’s events. “So, wanna see me do some ventriloquism?”

“I’d like to see that.” The obviously grateful mare responded.

“Okay, here goes.” He responded. He then looked around and saw a vase with flowers on it that Lily and rose were attending to. “Alright, watch the vase.” He said as he began to direct a higher pitched, but somewhat familiar voice through the vase.
“Hi, hey, anypony there? It’s me Pinkie Pie. I’m stuck in this vase. A little help here. Hello. Kinda stuck here.”

Vinyl Scratch couldn’t help herself from laughing as Rose stared at the vase with a look of shock, surprise, and horror on her face.

“Uh, still here. Anypony, anypony at all. Just pull me out.”

Synth continued to talk in Pinkie Pie’s voice, obviously with a bit exaggeration. Then he stopped and turned to his observer. “So, what did you think?”

“I thought, that, was, HILARIOUS!! Did you see the look on their faces. It was priceless.” The still laughing mare responded.

So the two went on their way both being cheered up after the early morning shenanigans. And the soon found themselves at Sugarcube Corner. They sat down and ordered the pancakes and coffee. As the two ate they found the silence foreboding, as if something large and ominous was going to happen. “So, Vinyl, you were going to tell me about your life?”

“Oh, right. It isn’t as simple as yours.” She began. “I was born to a family in the more poor neighborhoods in Fillydelphia. My mom I never knew, and my dad was my only friend. He was a great guy, so what if he was a Robin-Hoof kind of person. Corsair Colton was his name. He always went out at night, I had no idea where. And in the morning he would return and send me off to the school around the corner. It was a nice life, but I was missing out. The other fillies and colts laughed at me for being poor, not to mention how weird my eyes were. It was hard to get through. My dad was my only comfort in life. He is the one who got me my glasses. But he left me too. It was the first day of summer break, I found him. He was in his bedroom with a hoof blade firmly stuck in his side. I had to move out. I found a good foster home to live in, but I never told anypony about my dad. Until now, with you.”

Synth, in an effort to comfort the mare in front of him, got up and went around the table to hug her. “Hey, listen, it’s alright. I’m still here for you.”

“Thanks, I’m glad to get it out.”

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

They decided to meet for lunch in a small clearing just inside the Everfree Forest. It was a nice day. That is, until Vinyl got to the actual Everfree Forest. The path was dark, there were mud puddles, the sound of strange creatures all around. It was not a friendly place to be in. She followed the path all the way into a clearing where she found a picnic blanket and basket. It was an open place. As Vinyl stared at the lovely scene, she noticed that something was missing. “HEY, SYNTH SENSE, WHERE ARE YOU?” She yelled. “Uh, Synth Sense. Come out, come out wherever you are. Seriously it’s not funny.”

A faint shout in the distance responded to her. “I’M OVER HERE. GET HELP. QUICK.”

“I’LL BE THERE IN A SEC.” She yelled and broke into a gallop and headed in the direction she heard his voice coming from. She heard grunts of pain as she got closer to Synth.

“Oh, ouch, pain, jeez you squeeze hard.” Said the captured colt.

“Hey, Synth, there you are. Whats the problem?”

“The problem, dear Vinyl, is the Pyrobus that is trying to bite my face off.”

What stood before her was evil. It was horrible. It was deadly. It was a pony on fire. Similar to the Windigoes. Then creepy thing had Synth pinned to the ground between its flaming hooves. Vinyl had no idea what to do. Synth on the other hoof, knew exactly what the Pyrobus was after. “Vinyl, Run. He wants a mate.”

“A what?”

“A mate. And he thinks that by besting me, it will bring him enough honor to get one.”

The Pyrobus realized that going for the colt had no purpose if there was a mare right there. It decided to seize the opportunity and tossed Synth away. He flew into a tree where he fractured his front right hoof. But to him, it didn’t matter. “Run. Vinyl. While you. can.” he managed to get out before blacking out. What he heard as he slipped in and out of consciousness was not promising.

“Hey you.......I said to.....no back..... Oh Synth please wake up.”

It was all he could do to get up. He turned to face the Pyrobus, still in a daze, and let up the most resounding guitar strum he could muster, and it rang throughout the entire Everfree forest. The blast knocked back the fiery creature. But that wasn’t all, it blew out the fires that raged across it. And better yet, the pilot light in the inside of its bare skull. Then, as he saw the Pyrobus beginning to dissipate, due to its lack of fire, Synth drifted off to the land of dreams and rest.

“Hey, Synth. Wake up, come on. Please.” Synth could hear Vinyl talking directly above him, but he couldn’t see her. Why couldn't he see her? If only he could open his eyes. Wait, that was it, his eyes were closed! Bit by bit he cracked them open and found himself staring into those beautiful red eyes that had fascinated him so many time before. He coughed as he trie to get up. “Ack, gack. Uh, what happened?”

“Hey, don’t get up. You need to keep off that hoof.”
“I’m fine, really.”

“well, lets at least enjoy the picnic.” Vinyl replied as she floated out the sandwiches that Synth had brought. “So, you were mumbling while you were conked out. What was going through that head of yours?”

“Well.”

“Yes.”

“Not much.”

“Oh, come on. You looked like you were really going back there.”

“I was thinking about... about your eyes.”

“Oh, is that so. And what about them?”

“That, well, there beautiful.”

“Wait, what?” The shocked DJ asked. “what did you say?”

“I said, you have the most amazing, most vibrant, most beautiful eyes I have ever seen.”

“Well, Synth, you are something else.” And she leaned over and kissed him, full on. It was like lightning was passing through his body, every fiber of his being was rearranged, and he loved every bit of it. As the two separated, the sound of a joyous choir released from deep within Synth and echoed all around the clearing. “Wow, that was, amazing.”

“Your not too bad yourself, although the choir may have been a bit much.”

“You really think so?” The saddened colt asked.

“No, of course not. It was perfect.”

And the mare with the fiery blue mane, with blanket and basket afloat, lead the limping pony back to Ponyville and into his room.

AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

That night was the most lively gig that DJ-Pon3 had ever done. The crowd could tell that something that day had got her spirits up, but nopony wanted to ask her about it. Then, halfway through, Tecapon3 came by and they together made beautiful music. Rocking techno beats of course, but it was beautiful.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Seven months later, as the sun rose over a clear sky, courtesy of Rainbow Dash. At the lovely Sweet Apple Acres, and as the guests sampled the refreshment made by the Apple and Cake families, and the woodland creatures brought all the kinds of flowers imaginable. As the groom, and the bride, both of which in clothes designed personally by Rarity, and the CMC ring-bearer Scootaloo and the CMC brides-maids, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Bell all stood around anxiously.
The Bridle March Remix began to play, as recorded by the bride and groom. And Vinyl Scratch Trotted down the isle, lead by her “uncle” Bass Clef, to where Synth Sense and Twilight Sparkle were.

“You ready for the life of your life?” Asked Vinyl as the song finished.

“The real question is if the rest of Equestria can handle it.” Responded the excited Synth.

“Were are gathered here...” Started Twilight. Looking at the two DJs. “In the sight of Celestia and Luna, to bind together this mare, and this stallion together.”

“alright, it’s almost my part.” Whispered an enthusiastic Scootaloo to the rest of her team.

The ceremony continued, many of the ponies cried. When it was time for Scootaloo to give the rings, they almost flew off the pillow as she tripped on a stone, but she was able to catch it.

As the ceremony continued to the vows, anxious glances were exchanged by the glasses-wearing couple.

“I do.” said Vinyl in acceptance of the vows.


“And you Synth Sense. Do you....” Continued Twilight.

“I do. Why the hay wouldn’t I?”

“Then, by the power invested in me as the star pupil of Celestia herself. I now pronounce you, Husband and Wife.” And turning to Synth. “You may now kiss the bride.”

Vinyl and Synth lifted there glasses and gave a kiss like no other. Fireworks flew, young foals gagged, and the crowd rejoiced. And as the pair put back on their glasses and faced the crowd something was off.

They each had on, the wrong pair of shades. And the two laughed on and cherished each other for their entire lives.

Comments ( 18 )

Hmmm somewhat funny Five mostaches :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

That was funny and nice.
I will 1-up the guy above with 7 moustaches:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:
AND 2 yays:yay:

253006
252947
thanks to the both of you. I suggest you read my other stories. :scootangel:

Octavia: What the? Crushed by a pile of chariots? Ohhhhhhhhh the nerve of these authors.

253127
Hey, a chariot accident is better than saying that she was brutally raped and murdered!

253006 YOU TRYING TO COMPETE? 10 MUSTACHE! :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:
AND! 5 yays! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I really liked the story, but I'll be honest. The grammar took away from it a bit. If you wait a day or two and then read it aloud it really helps catch all the little errors. With a little work and cleaning up this could become one of the best things I've ever read.

253127
I thought it said carrots.. lol.

The thoughts and actual speech were combined at some points, it was a little weird to be honest.

I honestly couldn't finish this. It's a complete mess.

You put far too much story into this. This is a one-shot, not a literary epic. You can't just squeeze in all this junk and expect it to work. Too much forced drama and Octavia's death just feels pointless and serves as a means of forcing in unnecessary drama and even further boosting your OC. It almost feels like it's a means of subtly expressing your distaste of the Vinyl/Tavi ship.

Not that I'm saying you do, but that's what it feels like.

Also, I may have stopped around half-way through, but your OC feels like a sue. Oh, and he has the worst story of all time about how he got his cutie mark. Absolutely pathetic to the point of not even being laughably pathetic. I actually groaned and face-hoofed at it. It was that bad.

Your story is a grammatical nightmare. Honestly, please get a pre-reader before you post anything else. Preferably one with a good grasp of spelling and grammar...and a lot of patience.

Have twenty Twilights face-hoofing.

:facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof:

It is a great concept, but the execution is a little sub-par. I like the story, I really do. But the thoughts in the speech, grammar mistakes, and somewhat cliched ending left me a little bereft. With a little more work, this could be a great story. No thumbs up or down however that'll just stay a moot point for me. I will award three mustaches however! :moustache::moustache::moustache:

253307:Alright lets go.
11 Moustaches,8Yays AND4 Pinkie Smiles

:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

How DARE you speak of Octavia like this!:twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

263821

thanks, no really, i was just waiting for another harmful comment.:fluttershysad:

254154 15 STACHE AND 8 DERPYS :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache: :derpyderp1::derpyderp1::derpyderp1::derpyderp1::derpyderp1::derpyderp1::derpyderp1::derpyderp1:

254154 15 STACHE AND 8 DERPYS :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache: :derpyderp1::derpyderp1::derpyderp1::derpyderp1::derpyderp1::derpyderp1::derpyderp1: MAKE THAT 7 DERPYS

293203: Barely Online?

20 Moustaches, 10 Yays, 5 Rainbow Laughs AND 4 Pinkie Smiles, 3 Eeyups
AND a picture.

3.bp.blogspot.com/-SqHhi6nVt8g/TuENJZcIMnI/AAAAAAAABcA/VzbNgyb-luY/s400/mlp_omg.jpg

wuts with the face wars? ITZ OVER 9000!

Login or register to comment