• Published 28th Jun 2014
  • 391 Views, 12 Comments

six-dinner-opal - aires543



what happenes when one cat has six owners? nothing good.....

  • ...
 12
 391

six dinners?

Opal was a white cat with green eyes and she lived at the carousel boutique . She also lived at the library, sweet apple acres, sugarcube corner, in a cloud house and in fluttersy's cottage.

Opal lived in six different houses so she could six dinners. Each night she would slip out of the boutique , where she might have had liver..into the library where she would have tuna...into sweetapple acres for apple sauce....into sugarcube corner for a cupcake...into the cloud house for fish... and into fluttershy's cottage for standard cat food.

Since the neighbors did not talk to eachother, they did no know what Opal was up to. They all belived that the cat they fed was theirs, and thiers alone.

But Opal had to work hard for her dinners. It wasn't easy being six ponies' pet! She had six different names to remember, and six different ways to behave. When she was with Rarity, her name was Opalessence and she had to act snoody and fasion crazed.
"do you think it looks cheesy?" Rarity would ask

When she was with Twilight, her name was Sience, and she had to act smart.
"Spike! get Science her lab coat! she has potion making to do!" Twilight would demand

When she was with Applejack, her name was Pie, and she had a job to do catching mice.
"Go Pie! Go! Get them filthy little varmints!" Directed Applejack

When she was with Pinkie Pie, her name was Poufy, and she had to love parties.
" Poufy, Gummy, its time to have the greatest. party. EVER!" Pinkie would declare

When she was with Rainbow dash, her name was Awesomeness, and she had to act...well...awesome.
" yeah, Awesomeness, your tricks need to be about 20% cooler than that" Rainbow Dash judged

When she was with Fluttershy, her name was Snow white, and she had to act very well behaved.
"Alright Snow white, its time to be groomed" Fluttershy would say

All this work somtimes wore Opal out. But she didn't care,as long as she had her six dinners. And, besides, she liked being scratched in six different places. like on her chin, the top of her head, the back of her neck, on her back, on her belly, and on her chest. She also liked sleeping in six different places. On Rarity's Fainting couch, In Twilighs cupboard, on Applejack's bed, on Pinkie's party pillow, in a box under Rainow dash's house, and in a nice little kitty basket in the cottage.

In fact, life in the six houses was perfect for Opal, until... one horrible cold, muggy, damp day, poor Opal got a nasty cough. She cursed the weather pegasi, because the next thing she knew she was taken to the vet. but alas, she was taken..not once..not twice.. but six times! She went with six different ponies, in six different ways. Rarity took her in a bejeweled kennel in a carriage.

"it's alright Opalescence, that icky cough of your will be cleared up in no time" Rarity declared
Twilight levitated her wile she was in a box.

" Alright Science, we have to get you better so you can help me with my magic" Twi said.
on Big mac's back yet again in a box.

" Alright Big Mac, make sure she doesn't slip!" Applejack ordered

"eeyup" Was big mac's reply

In pinkie pie's strangely roomy mane.
" Aw it's okay Poufy, my mane is really soft and poufy! haha get it?" Pinkie giggled

On rainbow dash's back flying through the air until she hurled.
" EW!!! AWESOMENESS WHAT THE HAY?!" Rainbow yelled.

And nicely carried on fluttershy's back wrapped in a blanket with her favorite kitty toy.
"Oh, its okay you sweet darling, I may not be able to help your cough but i'm sure the vet can" Flutterhy cooed

The vet said Opal's cough wasn't nearly as bad as it sounded. But, to be on the safe side, she should have a spoonful of medicine. Of course Sally didn't have ONE spoonful of medicine. she had six! She gladly took the first, the second not as much, the third was pushing it, the fourth started to make her feel weird, the fifth she had to have forced down her throat, and the sixth, with some coaxing from Fluttershy, was taken reluctantly.

Now, one white kitty does look like another, but nopony, not even a busy vet, could see the same kitty six times without getting suspicious. Sure enough, when he checked in his appointment book, the vet found six white kitties with green eyes and a cough. So he told the owners at once...and, oh dear, Opal was found out! The owners got together for an argument...er I mean talk.

"My sweet kitty simply cannot have so many dinners! she needs to stay thin to fit in her clothes!" Rarity said to the other owners

"Well MY kitty can have as many dinners as she WANTS! so humph!" Replied a defiant pinkie

" Ah agree with rarity, six dinners is too much" Said Applejack

"Well that explains why she puked on my back...." Rainbow dash remembered

" Maby she got sick because she isn't fit to live with you ponies! she needs proper care and attention!" Said Fluttershy

" How about we all agree that we make sure the cat gets one dinner per day?" Twilight suggested

" DEAL" said everypony except pinkie

"whats wrong with six dinners?!" Pinkie continued to argue.

Opal slipped away while they fought. she was a six-dinner-a-day kitty. So she went to live with Vinyl scratch in a house, with Bonbon in a candy shop, with Carrot top in, yet again, a house, with Dr, Whooves in a blue box, with Octavia in a mansion, and with Derpy Hooves in another cloud house. But here, all the neighbors talked with one another and knew right away about Opal's six dinners. and since everypony knew, nopony minded.

Author's Note:

this is my own remake of my favorate book, six dinner sid. hope you guys like it. also at first I had opals name be sally and I edited the whole thing. so if you see any sally's peeking out, please tell me!

Comments ( 12 )

This is spectacular! Opal is the best pet anyway so she deserves to be well fed. A like and a favorite.

4610076
I think this ventures well into the realm of over feeding.

In fact, life in the six houses was perfect for Opal, until... one horrible cold, muggy, damp day, poor sally got a nasty cough.

I read that sentence and my brain went:
2.bp.blogspot.com/-4NUsZkyngJE/UfFzcA150pI/AAAAAAAAN7k/VPQfrI8fDYQ/s1600/Spain-train-crash.gif

This does read like a story meant for someone about 4 or 5 years old (someone learning how to count, basically). Also, it breaks canon in half because the mane 6 definitely talk to each other. Maybe you should have started with Vinyl Scratch and the others and then moved to the mane 6. Or just crafted your own story meant for adults. Ya know. Whatever's easier. :pinkiecrazy:

4610084 oopsie! thanks for noticing the stray sally! and the tag does say 'alternate universe" I don't know it was a split second thing!

4610076 thank you so much! :pinkiehappy:

How old are you? This is a book of third grade?

4610233 it is a re-written children's book by the name of six dinner Sid, and I am not permitted to tell you my age. if you do not like the story then you can just leave me a dislike.

4610273 Aires543, don't let anyone bring you down. I think it is a great story.

4612988 thank you, you are very kind :twilightsmile:

4610273 I'm not saying its bad, because I did read it.
But I haven't seen this for a while.

I can just imagine if Colgate would have been one of the ponies she got dinner from. It would involve brushing after eating tartar control cat food.

5388237 ooh I should have put that in there! it would have been better if I made the background ponies the original ownrs and the mane six the ones she went to. oh well

Login or register to comment