• Published 2nd Aug 2013
  • 1,009 Views, 10 Comments

Doctor Whooves - The Dark Side of the Moon - MrPengu1n



Everyone knows that Princess Luna was banished to the moon for a thousand years, but what most people do not know is that she did not stay there the entire time.

  • ...
3
 10
 1,009

Goodbyes

The Doctor and Rosebud ran back to the TARDIS, where The Doctor flew back towards Ponyville. Rosebud was quiet, "I can't believe it..." she muttered, "When Luna finds out, she'll be heartbroken!"

"She won't find out," The Doctor vowed, flipping one last lever. he turned towards Rosebud and said, "Sometimes a lie is kinder than the truth."

Rosebud dwelled on that for a moment, then said, "You care about her, don't you?"

The Doctor eyed her, "What do you mean?"

"She's not just a companion to you, is she?" Rosebud confronted, "If she was, you wouldn't be trying this hard to save her."

The Doctor was silent for a moment, "Well, I don't know about that, I try to save everyone," he said.

"Luna's not everyone," Rosebud pointed out, "is she?"

The Doctor looked at his controls, pressed a button, then said, "Let's just say..." He turned towards Rosebud, "I've seen her future, and it's my job to make sure she gets there."

Rosebud nodded knowingly, and was silent.

The Doctor finally landed the TARDIS, flipping one final switch and saying, "Right, then, Luna should be around here somewhere." he turned towards Rosebud and said, "Allons-y!"

The two stepped outside the TARDIS, and The Doctor explained quickly, "I didn't have time to make a precise lock-on, so Luna could be anywhere around here within a mile radius."

"Doctor," Rosebud said, "I think she's up there."

The Doctor looked where she was pointing, and saw a temple atop a tall mountain with light spilling out of it, bathing the forest all around in light. "Yeah, probably."

They made their way up the mountain just in time to see Nightmare Moon breathe her last, and with a flash of light, Luna was restored to her former appearance. She was surrounded by the six ponies who had been in Ponyville, along with Princess Celestia.

Out of the corner of her eye, Luna spotted The Doctor leaning against a column far away, next to Rosebud. she said something to the other ponies, and the six ponies began walking away. Luna and Celestia stayed back, and when they were all alone, The Doctor and Rosebud approached them.

Rosebud greeted Luna with a hug, and Celestia greeted The Doctor with a cold stare.

The Doctor smiled at Luna, ignoring Celestia, and said, "Look at you, all back to normal, everything's alright now."

Luna smiled, "Thank you, Doctor."

Celestia turned to Luna and said, "Luna, can I speak with you?"

they walked out of The Doctor's earshot, and Celestia said, "Luna, I'm glad you're safe and sound, really, I am. So come back to Canterlot with me, leave that awful Doctor behind."

Luna was shocked, "Awful?!"

"everywhere he goes, death and destruction follow in his wake!" Celestia said, "I'm just worried for you, don't go with him!"

Luna looked over her shoulder at The Doctor. he smiled and waved. Luna looked back at Celestia and said, "I'll be with you in a minute."

Celestia smiled, said, "You've made the right choice," and she walked out of the temple.

Luna walked towards The Doctor and said, "She's told me not to go with you."

The Doctor frowned, "I see." he lowered his head, "It's a shame, I had so many places I wanted to take you."
Luna said nothing.

"The Sapphire falls on Midnight? The King's Columns around Saggitarius? The broken forest on the moon of Auraborous?" The Doctor suggested, trying to entice her.

Again, Luna said nothing.

The Doctor sighed, "Well, that's a shame," he said, "I'm sorry you feel that way," he smiled encouragingly, "have a good life, Luna."

Luna did not respond.

The Doctor blinked twiced, "You're not going to listen to her, are you?"

Luna, with a smile, shook her head.

The Doctor smiled, "There's your sense of adventure!"

Luna started laughing, and so did Rosebud, "The 'broken forest of Auraborous', what?"

"Yeah, yeah," The Doctor said, feeling stupid, "I know."

"Well then," Luna said with a smile, "Allons-y!"

The Doctor said nothing, "Luna," he started quietly, "You've got two shadows."

Luna's eyes widened in fear, and she immediately looked down. it was true. she started to hyperventilate, "What do I do?"

"It's okay, it's okay," The Doctor reassured, "They're completely tame, fully under your control."

Luna's hyperventilating slowed, "okay, good." she said with a nervous smile.

"Destroy them." The Doctor ordered.

Luna's eyes widened again, "What?"

"This is where Nibiru came from, right here, right now," The Doctor explained, "if you don't destroy them now, then somewhen, somehow, Nightmare Moon will gain control of them, and they'll drift around in space for thousands of years, slowly accumulating until they're the size of a planet. then they'll detect your psychic signal once more, five thousand years in the future on New New Equestria and, remembering their old master, rush towards the planet, passing over a certain dragon colonial planet on their way there."

Luna was overwhelmed, "So..."

"So," The Doctor finished, "It's either them...or Truman."

Luna blinked, then nodded. focusing her magical energy, she let forth a blast. her second shadow vanished.

Rosebud started glowing. she looked down in wonder, then asked, "What's happening?"

"Time is being rewritten," The Doctor said, "The day that never was will never happen."

Rosebud thought for a moment as the glow spread over her whole body, "So I'm ceasing to exist?"

The Doctor said nothing.

Rosebud closed her eyes and smiled, "It's okay." she opened her eyes and looked at The Doctor and Luna in turn, "Thank you, Doctor, Luna," she said, tearing up, "it was fun." and with a blink, she was gone.

Luna blinked away tears, then turned towards the Doctor and asked, "Will travelling with you always be like this?"

"Not always," The Doctor said, "but on occasion." he looked at Luna, "Do you still want to come along?"

Luna smiled and nodded.

"Alright then," The Doctor said, "Allons-y!"

Princess Celestia was waiting outside the temple for Luna to come out. they would go back to Canterlot, and this whole mess would finally be over and done with.

Then, something in the sky caught her eye. she looked up and saw a little blue box soaring through the sky. The Princess sighed and closed her eyes. she didn't expect any differently.

It didn't matter, though, it WAS a time machine, after all, she'd be home before breakfast.

The Princess turned and walked away. it would be the longest night of her life.

Comments ( 6 )

Good job, a good doctor who story.:heart:

Absolutely Brilliant!!!! Luved every second of this! It felt like I was watching a show not reading a fanfic!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!:flutterrage:

pwease?:fluttershysad:

3110551 I guess you'll be glad to hear I just started a sequel. It was just posted.

Login or register to comment