• Published 2nd Aug 2013
  • 1,009 Views, 10 Comments

Doctor Whooves - The Dark Side of the Moon - MrPengu1n



Everyone knows that Princess Luna was banished to the moon for a thousand years, but what most people do not know is that she did not stay there the entire time.

  • ...
3
 10
 1,009

Nibiru

"Doctor?" Luna was confused, she had no idea what had just happened. Some Dragon came in with a strange, foreign warning, collapsed, and the lights shut off. Almost immediately panic had broken out, and Luna was scared. she just knew that she had to find The Doctor, he'd know what to do, "Doctor! Where are you?"

"Right here!" grunted a voice to her left. a strange high pitched noise started, a blue light shone from where the voice had come from, and the lights flickered back on.

Slowly but surely, the mint furred pony on the head bench restored order with his gavel, quieting the panicking Congress. "Order, Order! Order in the Congress hall!"

Luna turned to see The Doctor pocket a strange looking cylindrical tool. he then leapt out of his seat and dashed across the Congress floor towards the dragon's body. he knelt down and began checking vital signs. the mint furred head pony joined him, demanding, "Excuse me, but who are you?"

The Doctor flashed his psychic paper, "relax, I'm The Doctor and I'm here to help." the head pony hesitated at the paper, then nodded and stood idly by as The Doctor worked. Luna joined him on the congress floor, inspecting the body, along with Rose Bud, the young Congress mare.

The Doctor got back up to his hooves, staring in astonishment, "He's dead..." he whispered. he immediately turned towards the head pony, "Who was this dragon?"

The head pony was startled at the sudden questioning, but answered, "Well, he was the ambassador of Midnight, a small dragon inhabited planet in the second sector of the empire."

The Doctor nodded, "Right, small dragon settlement founded in 4067," he looked back at the body, "this wasn't supposed to happen..." he whispered under his breath.

"What do you mean?" Luna asked, snapping out of her shock.

"I've been at this meeting before," The Doctor explained, "This meeting, I've seen it many times before, but this never happened before..." he pulled his forehoof through his mane thoughtfully, "What's different? what caused this?"

"What do you mean you've been here before? who are you?" the head pony demanded.

"I'm a time traveler," The Doctor explained abruptly, turning towards him, "This meeting is the meeting where the Congress decides to intervene in the war on Skaro. one of my favorite days of this era."

"The dragon..." Rose Bud said suddenly, "he said something about 'Nibiru'..."

"What's Nibiru?" Luna asked, trying to get involved.

"It's an old doomsday myth," The Doctor explained dismissively, "giant planet that supposedly crashes into another, ending all life thereupon." The doctor knelt down next to the body again, "I thought it was just a myth, but..." he jumped back up and turned towards the head pony, "Check your radars, find out if there is anything out of the ordinary coming this way."

The head pony nodded, then headed towards the Congress hall doors. he ran right into them. after a moment of stunned pain, he tried to pull the doors open by force, but they didn't budge. after a moment of exertion, he gave up and headed back, "The doors are jammed, I can't get through!"

"Right, then," The Doctor nodded, "we'll have to find our own way out." he turned to the small crowd of Luna, Rose, and the head pony and said, "Come with me." he turned away and began dashing across the hall, yelling to the Ood as he passed, "Ood, you're in charge, keep the Congress calm and try to get the doors open!"

The Ood nodded, then began fiddling with a piece of technology.

Luna, Rose, and the head pony dashed after him. they caught up with him at an inconspicuous wall. The Doctor began knocking on it in various places, holding his ear up to it.

Luna turned towards the mint green furred pony. "And who are you then?"

The head pony looked up at Luna, "I'm Truman, the chairman of the Congress."

Luna nodded, "So you're in charge of these meetings?"

"I WAS," He said, "until this bloke shows up," nodding towards The Doctor, "Who is he?"

"He's The Doctor," Luna explained simply, "or so I'm told, he won't tell me anything else."

Truman eyed the Doctor suspiciously. he finished knocking on the wall and said, "oh, yes!" he pulled out his strange tool again and pointed it at the wall, flicking it on. a section of the wall immediately flipped open with a hiss, revealing a hidden passage.

"amazing!" Luna marveled.

"Unbelievable!" Rose said with wide eyes.

"Only I knew about that passage..." Truman said quietly, turning to the Doctor, "You're impossible!"

"Not impossible," he objected, "just a bit unlikely." and he dashed into the passage, the three ponies followed close behind.

he lead them through winding tunnels of wires and blinking lights, arguing with Truman at every intersection, until finally they surfaced outside the Congress hall, "There we go, out of the hall, safe and sound!"

"after an hour of wandering," Luna muttered under her breath, eliciting another giggle from Rosebud, while Truman rolled his eyes.

"Now then, we need to get to the Radar room," The Doctor instructed, turning towards Truman, "Which way?"

Truman, finally able to lead, smiled and said, "this way," dashing off down the corridor. he lead them this way and that, up stairs and elevators until finally they arrived at the highest point in the Congress building. The Doctor lead the charge into the radar room, where they were immediately stopped by some guards, "excuse me, you don't have the authority to be in here!" they objected.

"It's alright," Truman said, walking in after him, "He's with me."

The guard nodded hesitantly and let the four ponies in. The Doctor and Truman took their places at the radar control boards, while Rosebud and Luna stood off to the side.

"What do you know about that pony, 'The Doctor'?" Rosebud asked Luna, "Who is he, really?"

"I don't know, I've only met him today," Luna explained, "I'm not even sure he's a pony!"

"But you trust him?" Rosebud questioned.

Luna hesitated, "well, it's not like I have a choice," she chuckled, "he's the one who brought me here."

Rosebud smiled, "I think it's a bit more than that.

Luna smiled, but said nothing.

At the control board, The Doctor and Truman were searching, flipping various switches and pushing any number of buttons, "I just don't get it, there's nothing there!" The Doctor said disbelievingly, "no sort of parameter shows anything out of the ordinary."

"Doctor..." Truman said quietly, looking up at the screen, "What time did that dragon say Nibiru would arrive?"

The Doctor looked up at a nearby clock. it read 11:59.

He looked back down at the control board, flipped a switch, and the radar screen faded away, becoming just an ordinary window. outside the Clock tower shone in the light of the two suns overhead, and a massive ball of black nothingness hovereved in the sky.

"What is that..." Luna asked quietly, slowly panicking, "Doctor what is that?!"

"Nibiru..." The Doctor said quietly.

"But this doesn't make any sense!" Truman objected, returning to the radar screen, "It's not showing up on the radar!"

"Truman," The Doctor said, "Set your parameters to scan for life."

Truman looked at him, then warily flipped a switch.

Nibiru registered with a loud pinging noise.

"What in the..." Rosebud said quietly, eyes full of fear.

"Doctor, what is going on?!" Luna demanded.

"Nibiru," The Doctor explained, "It's not a planet...it's alive!"

The Clock tower tolled noon.