• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 402 Views, 9 Comments

A Friend Needed To Save The World - FireBeat



Firebeat, the young Cloudsdale talented racer, was sent for her first time to earth for her school project. There, in Ponyville, she discovers old and new friends, along with her X-best friend.

  • ...
 9
 402

Chapter 2 - The Alicorn Librarian

It was a quiet, peaceful Ponyville afternoon. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the streets were full of pony's doing their business, talking with friends and hanging in the park. Fluttershy was leading a duck family down the main street, and Big Macintosh was dragging a cart full with shiny, juicy, red apples.

In Ponyville's library, though, things were a bit less... Quiet.

"SPIKE! WHERE'S THE MAGICAL MYSTERIES BOOK?"

"IM ON IT, TWILIGHT!"

"WHAT THIS BOOK DOING HERE? SPIKE! WHAT IS 'BALOONS OF ALL SIZES' DOING IN SECTION 'G'?"

"I DON'T KNOW TWI, I GUESS SOMEPONY RETURNED IT TO IT'S WRONG PLACE!"

"WHO WOULD TAKE THIS BOOK ANYWAY?"

"..."

"..."

"PINKIE!"

In the middle of this mess, sat an orange Pegasai, burying her head under a math book.

"Aren't library's supposed to be quiet?" She grunted quietly.

Her table was a mess of math books, pages full of complicated calculations, pens and notepads. Of course, that was nothing compared to the mess in the room, which a purple alicorn and dragon were trying to sort.
Apparently, a few hours ago, the Alicorn pony had guests. Pinkie Peek, Appleblack and Dareity, or something like that. Firebeat didn't really care. all she wanted was to work a bit on her school project before she'll go exploring Ponyville, but with all the noise at the tree library, she wasn't going to finish it any sooner.

The library, despite the noise and the racket, was quite cozy. The room was circular, all covered with shelves and shelves of books, some who reached the ceiling, and some who stopped and carried globes of the world, tropical-looking statues, and glass test tubes filled with liquids of all colors, with neat windows which brought playful daylight into the room.
There was an tunnel for upstairs, where apparently the librarian and her assistant slept, and stairs leading downstairs, which reached to the alicorn's lab.
In the middle of the library's main floor was a golden statue of an impressive looking horse, but the most impressive thing in the room was, of course, the tiara and the five necklaces, who shined proudly in their glass cage. The Elements of Harmony, the magic of friendship. Firebeat found herself often gazing at them, at there curious glimmer, at there impressive shapes and colors. She could defiantly see these superior items save Equestria.

Firebeat checked the big, old watch that was hanged above the entrance door, and sighed. It was getting late, and she won't have time to explore Ponyville.

'Studying or exploring?' She mused, 'Hours of boring reading or tons of fun and new places?'

Firebeat packed up her stuff. 'I have another full two months to finish this project,' She thought to herself, 'And that's a lot of time. Besides, with all this noise, I couldn't have done anything anyways.' And with those arguments running in her mind, she thanked the librarian and turned to leave.

"Already?" Asked the little purple dragon with the green spikes. "We didn't even get to know you!"

'Curse Ponyville and their over-friendly behavior.' She thought, but, with a smile she answered;

"Okay then. I'm Firebeat."

"The name is Spike," Answered the baby dragon proudly, "And this is princess-librarian Twilight Sparkle!"

The purple Alicorn stepped forward to shake hooves. She had dark purple mane with streaks of prune and raspberry in it. her cutie mark was an five-cornered pink star with a white little star on each tip. She didn't seem to royal, but friendly and nice. Firebeat shook her hoof and half bowed awkwardly.

"So where are you heading, Firebeat?" The princess asked.

"Err... I'm going to tour Ponyville, princess." Answered Fire.

"Don't call me princess," Laughed the princess, "Call me Twilight."

"Okay, so I'm going to tour Ponyville, Twilight." She said awkwardly.
"Hold on, Rainbow Dash told me to send you a hi, so... Hi."

"You know Rainbow Dash!" exclaimed Twilight happily,
"You're her friend, then?"

"I suppose."

"A friend of Rainbow is a friend of mine. Why don't me and Spike show you around? Meet you some other ponies?"

"Err... I guess we could" She answered, not wanting to refuse a princess.

"Than come on! I'll show you everything! Spike, drop those books and come with us!"

Spike dropped the books to the already messy floor and hurried up, while Twilight already started to show her around Ponyville.

"This is the Donut store, best in Ponyville, the barber shop, the shopping center, the restaurants street - Bucky's Noodles are the best, my word - Sugar Cube Corner where Pinkie lives, thought she's not home now, the wishing well, bowling alley, over there is the hospital, there's Ponyville center..."

"What's that?" Firebeat pointed at dark looking woods, with high trees of all kinds and big bushes hiding the rest of the road. The whole atmosphere there whispered spooky. Fire noticed that the clouds were moving there on their own.

"The Everfree Forest." Answered her Spike.
"Don't ever go there."

"Why?"

"Because there are creatures there beyond your imagination. Evil, cruel, heartless creatures." Answered Spike with a shudder.

"Thought not Everypony there is dangerous, you know," Pointed Twilight.
"There's always Zecora."

"Oh, right." Said Spike.

"Zecora? Who's Zecora?" Asked Firebeat curiously, while trying to get a peek on the creatures beneath the dark woods.

"Zecora is a zebra who lives in a little hut in the middle of the forest." Said Twilight.

"A zebra? here in Ponyville?"

"Yea, she's from a foreign country, and a genius. If you need to know anything about a disease, creature of magic, she's the pony... Or Zebra."

"Can we go see her? I've never met a zebra before, and she might help me with my project."

Back at the library, before she even started working, she told Twilight about her school project, which Twilight, still struggling to control her own wings, was merely interested in.

"Nope, sorry. Zecora's out for supplies in Candrelot. But when she'll come back I'll meet you to her."

"Well, so where are we going?"

"Sweet Apple Acress." Said Spike, "Applejack and Pinkie Pie are making some apple treats together, and boy, I'm hungry."

Twilight rolled her eyes.

"Okay," Said Fire, "Than lets get going."

After a few minutes of walking they reached a big white gate with a sign that read: "Welcome To Sweet Apple Acres" and a drawing of a juicy, red apple on it.

"There you are, Sweet Apple Acres!"

Comments ( 7 )

You do need a pre reader. Thoughts should always be in quotations, and in italics, which you did. So your half good there... Also at the end, it's sweet apple acres, not acers. Unless its the computer...

2962916 thanks^^

say, mind being my pre reader?:twilightsmile:

2963408 eh why not. Just gimme a Skype or steam account I can contact you from. I won't bite

2963577 er... got no Skype nor steam><*

isn't there some private notes here?

2963762 just easier, i know when your online and whatnot... both are free :applejackunsure:

2966633 I don't think my computer will be able to storage these programs. he's pretty old.

Login or register to comment