• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 401 Views, 9 Comments

A Friend Needed To Save The World - FireBeat



Firebeat, the young Cloudsdale talented racer, was sent for her first time to earth for her school project. There, in Ponyville, she discovers old and new friends, along with her X-best friend.

  • ...
 9
 401

Prologue - Friends?

With the wind under her wings and her speed increasing, Firebeat felt alive. Faster and faster she flew, beating her competitor with a great distance. She didn't really want to stop, but the finish line was right in front of her, about a hundred feet away...
ninety feet... eighty feet... sixty five feet... she was building more speed... forty five feet...
Boom! she stopped so violently, there was a small air expulsion, and Firebeat landed at the WonderBolts Academy, which was closed, for it was spring break.

She won, of course. she was the fastest in her class in her local Flight School in Cloudsdale, why, sometimes she felt as the fastest flyer in the whole Equestria,
but she new better than that. She was very fast, but no more than that. she is just a young mare, in her last years in school, and so it happens that she's the fastest in her class, but there are clearly faster than her, In other classes, schools, and towns around Equestria. But it was nice, sometimes, to imagine she was the fastest racer in the world, soaring the sky, with millions and millions of fans screaming and hollering...

"... Al.. Alright Fi... Fire... You Won... Gimme a second to... Catch my breath..."

Her competitor finally arrived, five minutes after her, sweating and panting. He was about her age, with a short greyish blue mane and pure blue coat. So different from Firebeat, who had a mash up of yellow and orange for her mane and neat sunset orange for her coat. Wind Duster seemed to be quite an elegant, quiet stallion, but when you get to know him, he's a loud, messy and fast pony. But he WAS smart, when he wanted to.

"You're loosing it, W.D. I guess I really overdid it. I couldn't guess you couldn't fly five miles" she smirked.

"Come on, Fire, now you're just being evil."

"Ha. That's no evil, you know my evil"

"Oh right, I forgot," He shoved her a bit "You're way worst!"

"Shut up, loser"

"Can it, show off"

They looked at each other for a tense second, and burst in laugher. Those two friends were the closest friends there could be, since the first day they met in there filly kindergarten, when Firebeat shoved Wind Duster's face in his lunch. from there, they learned together in young flyers school and continued to there flight school. Always at the same class, sitting together in lunch, playing together at recess, working together on every school project. The very best friends.

"What are you thinking?"

They were sitting together on the roof of the WonderBolts Academy, watching the sunset. Marvelous colors of pink, yellow, orange and blue mixed together creating a beautiful view. They were sitting there In silence, Firebeat playing with a piece of a cloud, while Wind Duster was just sitting there, with a thoughtful look on his face. he turned, confused, to Fire.

"Pardon?"

"I said, what are you thinking? you look pretty disturbed."

Wind moved in discomfort. "Well, its just.. You know how you said you want to go to the Advanced Flying Academy?"

"Well, yea. I talk about it all the time, you know"

"You bet I know"

"Shut up."

"Well... I don't think I want to go."

'What?"

Firebeat looked at her best friend. Its been their dream since there first year at flight school, to go to the racing school, Advanced Flying Academy. It was for the top of the top flyers. the entrance examinations were cruelly tough, and then the school itself was only for the toughest flyers. But every each of the few who survive the academy, turn to the best racing pegasais of Equestria. It was Fire's biggest dream, to learn there, but she couldn't.
not without her best friend.

"It's just, Fire... It's just... I don't feel like I want to race my whole life. I mean, it's fun and all, but..."

"Than where do you want to go?" She asked, afraid from the answer.

"I was thinking about... well... going to Candrelot to a Architecture Academy."

"Oh."

there was an long awkward silence, which both pegasais avoided each other eyes.

'Architecture Academy?' Firebeat thought desperately 'in Candrelot? That's days away from here! Why in the name of Celestia would he go that far?'

She faced Wind Duster, and when her Yellow eyes met his Grays, she managed a smile.

"But we'll always stay friends, right? Friends forever and ever!"

"You bet it Fire, and even a billion miles won't stop us!"

"Than you can go wherever you want!"

"Like I needed your permission"

"Can it, Dumbass!"

The both of them laughed, and as the last ray of sunlight disappeared, the two best friends were inseparable, and believed that so will stay forever.

Four Years Later