• Published 10th Aug 2013
  • 545 Views, 5 Comments

Conception of a Nation - Princess Glitzy



Long before the main six. Long before the elements. Long before Celestia and Luna. There was Fate, the god of destiny.

  • ...
2
 5
 545

And That's How Equestria Was Made

A planet known as Earth, once a barren landscape, was nothing more than a giant rock with a source of water and traces of grass and dirt. A god, no more than a mere unicorn at the time, was one of very few ponies living there. His name was Fate. It was he who chose your destiny, for he was the only unicorn.

He was looked upon as a great pony that would lead them to a world full of life, something more than scraping by in a place with a population of no more than fifty ponies.

Fate knew that the others trusted him. He was destined to lead them to glory. He knew this fact. He knew more than anypony how important his destiny was.

This stallion was just a young stallion, but he knew that he must fulfill this goal. Fate learned magic. He learned it on his own, for no books had been made. In fact, books were created by Fate, something very few know.

He studied as hard as was possible. Each day their lives got better. Grass could begin growing once the water could be formed into clouds and produce rain. Food and crops grew more rapidly than ever before and there was a surplus.

They turned to the women for a larger population. Fate cast a spell on each mare, fillies not included, so that they could bare many children without pain and without issue and worry of a miscarriage.

Right before each mare gave birth, Fate would send a signal to her, telling her what her child's true talent was, thus why each pony's name reflects their cutie mark.

Soon, another unicorn was born. The ponies praised the child and celebrated.

More unicorns had been born following that, but nopony turned their back on Fate. He had a gift. One day, Fate realized how they cherished him so. He knew that he must repay them with something greater than food.

A distant sun provided warmth, but it wasn't in their power and very often the temperature would change drastically. It was dark and consistently unpleasant, but nopony ever complained. Fate knew that he could do something to help.

He used herbs and plants in the area to create a potion. He enchanted it with a spell of power. Fate knew not of the results, but predicted a good outcome. He drank the concoction and felt the power surge through his very being.

Knowing that he had succeeded he carried out his plan. Fate used his magic to grab ahold of the sun. He focused all of his power into his horn. The sun slowly got closer and soon Earth was in the sun's orbit. Before he knew what he was doing grabbed a nearby rock, soon to be called a moon, and enchanted it so that it had the sun's beauty and power.

The sky was brighter than ever and the moon gleamed in the background. Fate smiled at what he had done. It was the epitome of beauty. A smile tugged at his lips while he slowly blacked out. The darkness consumed him and he took it peacefully. The power would most likely have a negative effect, but it was worth it for the good of his people. He was sure that he was dying.

A little over an hour later, nopony knows for sure, time had not yet been created, Fate awoke from his slumber. It appeared as though nothing had occurred until he looked closer.

His skin was in fact transparent and he had the ability to fly. Fate could've assumed that he was a ghost, but one thing disproved this theory. He could still feel. Not only this, but he could produce magic.

When walking into the the heart of the land the ponies gave him a warm response. A mare used a word that he knew was correct. He had in one way or the other ascended to a higher place where there was higher power. Now a true god, Fate rose above the clouds and watched from a place unknown, for it was hidden to all others.

The ponies never once complained. They knew that it was meant to be. This was Fate's destiny. He would watch them for safety, but it was now up to them to decide what to do, he simply set their path, thus helping them reach their destinies.

Over time the population was steady and unicorns had become as common as earth ponies. A new kind, called a pegasus, had also been created. The world was better than ever before.

Things called animals had been created through evolution. Bugs, animals and other species or varieties of ponies, an example are changelings, were now quite common.

Soon, enjoyment was created. Though it was never truly created, enjoyment had become an activity. Something similar to fun. This led to music, art and games. The world was filled with culture.

Each type of pony took a certain duty. The unicorns would control the sun and moon now that Fate had given them this ability. The earth ponies would plant food, tame the land and harvest crops. The pegasi would control the weather.

This system worked perfectly and after a little while they decided that they should hold elections. Surely having leaders would make everything more efficient.

Each group, now called a tribe, elected a new leader. The ruler of the pegasi, Commander Hurricane, was strong and would be a key element if any of the other new species chose to attack. The monarch of the unicorns, Princess Platinum, was delicate and fashionable so the world could be filled with color and pizzaz. The leader of the earth ponies, Chancellor Puddinghead brought even more fun to the world and something called randomness, which many found exciting.

These leaders ruled the three tribes in peace for many decades. Bits had been made as a form of money. Businesses had also been created, so that ponies could make items with more speed and, so that ponies could get bits.

After time, the three tribes began to fight. This anger soon led to disharmony throughout the land, but anger was not the only thing ruining their once peaceful lives. A mighty blizzard, not brought forth by pegasi, but windigos fueled by the ponies' fighting. Nopony knew of the wolves at the time, they were far too busy yelling at one another, fighting like the very beasts coating their land in snow.

The ponies of each tribe decided that a meeting of all three leaders was the best option. Commander Hurricane, Chancellor Puddinghead and Princess Platinum arranged a meeting quickly. The meeting itself did not go quite as planned.

The pegasus ruler blamed the earth ponies for the lack of food, saying that they were hogging the food. The earth pony ruler blamed the pegasi for the blizzard. The pegasus ruler countered saying that it was the unicorns' magic. The unicorn ruler simply stayed defensive the whole time, believing that she was too important for their stupid squabble.

The meeting did nothing, but separate the tribes for good. The very next morning each leader went out on a journey, searching for land not covered in snow and away from the other tribes.

The quests worked out. After long journeys, Princess Platinum, Chancellor Puddinghead, Commander Hurricane and their companions all made it to their perfect spots. But, still, all was not perfect.

Sadly, each tribe had claimed the perfect spot... in the same place. They would not stand to live with the other tribes. They fought for the land and soon enough, this land was too covered in snow. They took shelter in a nearby cave.

The leaders all bickered and complained about who got what part of the cave. The ice began to creep in, soon engulfing them in ice. Their wise companions stuck together as friends and their harmony banished the ice away.

In that burst of love and friendship emerged the Tree of Harmony, which held the elements of harmony, as well as the true owners of the elements. Six gods stood proudly next to Fate, immediately knowing what they represent.

Fate smiled, he knew that one day the ponies would make peace. He looked at the gods before him and gave them each their names which came strictly from their hearts and souls.

They were named Loyalty, Kindness, Generosity, Honesty, Laughter and Magic. They were the embodiment of true harmony.

The three tribes realized their mistakes as soon as compassion and love filled their hearts once again. They named their great land Equestria. They would no longer be divided by tribes and would all work together as equals.

The leaders came together and all took their place on the thrown. Sadly, these were mighty leaders, but they were not immortal. After many years they passed after having lived a great life.

Fate looked upon his ponies seeing their current state, without a ruler to guide them. He called upon the six gods and told them his idea. The seven gods gathered together and used the magic of harmony to create a new race, alicorns.

They created four demigods, alicorns, and gave them each a significant amount of power. He created Chrysalis, a changeling, Discord, a draconequus, and two sister ponies, modeled after the ponies on Equestria's flag, by the names Luna and Celestia. He gave Luna the moon and Celestia the sun.

He gave the two mares the power to create new life so that they could make new alicorns once a pony proved that they were worthy. The four demigods traveled to Equestria and told the ponies of how they came to be there and why they should trust them to be kind and benevolent rulers.

The four were taken in quickly as strong leaders and they led Equestria into a new age of technology. Life was becoming more like it is today. Ponies worked together and filled the land with happiness.

Soon, though, Discord began to loathe the others. He wanted the world to be like he wanted and he wanted to rule alone. Hatred and evil grew in his heart. He turned his back on his sisters and rose to power on his own.

He stole the throne and turned Equestria into a land of chaos. Celestia, Luna and Chrysalis tried desperately to save their ponies, but Discord was too strong by this point.

Celestia and Luna took hold of the elements after finding the harmony tree and after finally reaching perfect harmony. They used the elements' power to seal Discord in stone. They missed their brother, but knew that it was best for Equestria.

Celestia and Luna were praised for saving Equestria after nearly twenty years of chaos. Chrysalis felt as though the ponies didn't care for her as much, now that her two sisters had saved them, so she raised the population of changelings and created her own empire, leaving the two princesses to rule on their own.

The two were now short a couple demigods and were scared that they could be overpowered once more. They never gave up, though. That was of course until a pony went traveling many centuries later and discovered something they called crystal. Celestia did some searching and learned that there were ponies living in a society of crystal. The ponies were in fact crystal and, so they were simply called crystal ponies.

They realized quickly that their ruler, King Sombra, was filled with hatred. He treated them like slaves. The two sisters wouldn't stand for it and they used the elements to trap him in the ice of the arctic, but not before he put a curse on the land. The empire vanished and, so did the ponies in it.

Celestia and Luna did everything to get it back, but to no avail. They prayed to Fate that they ponies would be okay and that the land would return.

They moved on, knowing within their hearts that it would okay. They ruled Equestria with love and compassion until once more evil grew in the heart of a ruler.

Luna wished that her night would last longer, so ponies would see it and enjoy it instead of just sleeping through it. Ponies looked up to Celestia, but only saw her as a helper. Anger rose within her and a demon of pain and suffering filled her heart. She became pure evil and tried to coat Equestria in darkness.

Celestia couldn't bear to have another family member go, but Equestria came first. She once again called upon the elements and banished Luna, now known as Nightmare Moon, until the stars would aid in her escape one thousand years later.

She then took over as their one and only queen. Later, Fate sent her a message saying that she needed to locate the element bearers in Equestria and find somepony to fill the sixth, and most important, element, so that they could bring Luna back, for her connection with the elements was weak.

She came up with the perfect idea. It would be easy to locate the first five using a spell only she and the other three demigods could do. Celestia could read the soul of a pony, so finding the first five would be easy.

The second part was the hardest. She would open up a school for gifted unicorns. It would provide schooling for unicorns alone and would help her find the element of magic. This gave her another smart idea, she could make a school for pegasi as well! It was perfect.

Celestia also decided that Equestria needed a ruler whose heart could not be tainted. She looked for years until she found the perfect pony.

A pegasus by the name of Cadence had a heart pure as gold that was filled with love and compassion. Celestia met her and immediately felt the power of her love emanating from her very soul. She was perfect. Cadence was turned into an alicorn and would rule once she was of the correct age.

Years later, a student by the name of Twilight showed the most remarkable magic she had ever seen, gods and demigods not counting. Celestia could sense the magic just being near her, so she knew that Twilight was the element of magic.

The young mare studied with Celestia for years before finally reaching the day of Nightmare Moon's return. Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Danger Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack Apple and Pinkamina Diane Pie represented the elements and were able to defeat her using the elements of harmony.

For many years Twilight and her friends fought enemy after enemy, protecting Equestria. Then, Celestia decided that Twilight should become an alicorn as Cadence, now the ruler of the Crystal Kingdom, did.


Fate looks down at life below him, thinking about how wonderful the past had been. He smiles and turns to the gods of harmony. "If you thought the past was exciting, just wait for what I have planned. Good luck my little ponies."