• Published 4th Jul 2013
  • 483 Views, 1 Comments

Happy Equestria Day - theultimatebrony



It's the fourth of July

  • ...
 1
 483

Chapter 1

My faithful student, Twilight Sparkle

I have decided to visit Ponyville to celebrate the Equestria Day celebration. Please do not stress about preperations as this is just a casual visit. Expect me there at sunset.

Princess Celestia

Twilight stared at the letter, stunned. Then she said, "Spike, we have to get eveyone together and get the town ready for Celestia's arrival."

Spike grabbed the letter from Twilight's magical grip, reading it over before saying, "Twilight, the princess said not to stress over this." He read the letter a bit more and said, "This may be a problem though."

"What?"

Spike pointed out a passage under the signiture.

P.S. I have sent Discord to help with any preparations you have. I am sure he will have some interesting ideas.

Just after Twilight read the last word, there was a large flash in the center of the room.

"Hello Ponyville!" Discord said with a smile.

"Hello Discord," Twilight grumbled. She still didn't trust Discord even after his reformation, "Come on then. We need to work preparing for the princess' arrival."

"Oh goody, I have so many ideas for today."

Twilight walked outside and made her way towards Sugarcube Corner where Pinkie Pie was directing ponies. Pinkie used to be the only one to coordinate holiday plans but after the Winter Wrap-Up incident, Twilight was her partner for
planning.

Pinkie looked over and said, "Hi Twilight. Oh, hey Discord. What are you doing here?"

"He's here because Princess Celestia wants him to help with the preparations," Twilight said before Discord could open his mouth, "Pinkie, could I speak to you in private?"

"Okie dokie lokie."

Pinkie and Twilight stepped into Sugarcube Corner. Twilight looked around and said, "Princess Celestia is coming and we need everything to be absolutly perfect." Pinkie nodded with her usual smile and Twilight continued, "So could you
put Discord on a job that won't end up in disaster."

"Of course Twilight," Pinkie replied, "I know the perfect job for Discord, fireworks!"

Twilight got a vision of Celestia being hit by whole arsenal of bottle rockets, "NO!"

Pinkie thought for a moment, "What about food?"

"Perfect."

Pinkie walked out and told Discord about his job and sent him to find Applejack at her farm. For the next hour Twilight led ponies in cleaning ponyville and making a HAPPY EQUESTRIA DAY PRINCESS CELESTIA sign, this time leaving room for th 'ia' in her name.

It was still five hours until sunset and the ponies were making great time. Twilight was about to congragulate the ponies on a job well done when Rainbow Dash flew over to her and said, "We have a problem with the food."

"What?" Twilight asked, "What did he do?"

"You just have to check it out."

Twilight teleported to Sweet Apple Acres to find that the farm had been turned into a reinactment of the battle of
Stable Hill. Carrot Top's carrots were fighting the apples and Discord was just floating above the whole scene.

"Discord!" Twilight yelled, "Stop this right now!"

Discord groaned, "Fine." He snapped his eagle talons and the food returned to their platters, "What do I do now?"

"Um, you can help the ponies in town put up decorations."

Discord disappeared and Twilight said, "Did he make too much trouble Applejack?"

Applejack shook her head, "Truthfully, the fruit and vegatables he was using were bruised or misshapen. But look, now they're perfectly fine."

"That's strange."

Twilight thought about this on her way back to town, "Why would he make the fruit okay? Why would he even agree to help us?"

When Twilight got back into town, she noticed that there were no ponies on the streets. Then she saw a giant, metal orb lying in the street with a wire leading towards the center of town. She followed the wire until she reached a small bunker. She looked through the window to see that inside were Discord and the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Twilight was about to get them when the fillies pulled a switch and Twilight found herself hanging from the roof of the house by a streamer.

Discord came out of the bunker and said, "Sorry Twilight. I was going to pull the switch myself but these adorable little
fillies wanted to get their cutie marks in explosives, so how could I say no. Also, they were the ones who freed me the
first time around so I did owe them one."

Twilight teleported to the ground and looked around. The decorations actually looked great.

Pinkie bounced along and said, "Nice job Discord. Now you can help with the fireworks."
Pinkie must have seen the look on Twilight's face because then she said, "I'll make sure he stays out of trouble."

Twilight slowly nodded, knowing that there was no way she could win against Pinkie. Then she went throughout her day, dreading what would happen later that day.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––4 and 1half hours later

Twilight was thanking whatever diety that existed for Celestia's welcome going perfectly. After the welcome everypony went to Sweet Apple Acres for the party. When the fire works started, Twilight cringed at first. After about five minutes of oohs and ahs she opened her eyes to a beautiful sight.

There was a flash of light shaped like Celestia's cutie mark. Then one of the Equestrian flag. Then one of... Discord doing a happy jig?"

Twilight looked up a her mentor expecting a scolding. Celestia chuckled and said, "I knew that sending Discord here would allow him to use his powers in a productive way."

Twilight was surprised by that. But all she did was stare at the horizon and said, "Happy Equestria Day."

Author's Note:
Comments ( 1 )

Okay, I checked my messages because I had 2 favs on this. Then I backed off and then I had another favorite.

Login or register to comment