• Published 17th Feb 2012
  • 938 Views, 12 Comments

The Ultimate Element - Akamaru01



A new pegasus is in Ponyville, and an evil force returns to Equestria.

  • ...
 12
 938

Ultimate Transformation

The Ultimate Element

Chapter 11

Ultimate Transformation

Rainbow Dash stared in shock as the world around her reverted back to the arena. The entire audience looked on with almost as much confusion and surprise. Lightning stood next to Discord, his white coat gleaming in the sun, his blood red eyes looking down on the mares.

Discord clapped sadistically, walking forward to the edge of his balcony. “Congratulations to the Spirits of the Elements of Harmony! Quite the turnout, if I do say so myself. You really show that you can overcome.” The ponies paid no attention to the monster, but their gaze settled on their friend.

“I think they’re a bit surprised by my new look, master,” he said calmly, seeing how the mares stared.

“Ah, yes. An explanation may be in order, but we can save that for later. Now, as for-”

“What do you mean, later!?” Rainbow Dash yelled, stopping the draconequues from speaking. “What did you do to him!?”

Discord snapped his fingers, the blue pegasus’ mouth suddenly zipped shut. “You must let me finish, Rainbow Dash. Now, to present the prizes!” Fireworks shot from behind him, making shapes in the sky showing off the main points of the Games. Pinkie dodging a rock. Twilight answering a question. Rarity and Steve Magnet. Fluttershy holding a cockatrice. Applejack destroying the obelisk. Rainbow Dash knocking Lightning to the ground. The magical jewelry flashed onto the mares.

“See you all next time!” Discord said with a wave. A flash of light, and the arena and all the spectators vanished. Only Discord, Lightning, and the six mares remained, alone on a field of checkered grass, a throne and pair of large statues behind the monster.

“Alright, explanations now, Discord!” Rainbow Dash practically screamed. “Change him back! We had a deal!” She crouched into attack position, ready to pounce at a moments notice.

“Ah, not quite so,” he replied, a sinister smile creeping onto his face. “I said I would release him. Which I did. And now he wants to stay with me. Isn’t that right?” he asked, looking at the stallion.

The white pegasus’ smile faded, “of course, master. Why would I go where I’m not wanted. I would rather stay with the one who created me.” The mares could only stare in shock at the revelation. “Surprised? So was I, at first. Turns out that bolt that hit my failure of a mother was caused by Discord in a failed escape attempt.” He smirked, pointing his head at the large beast. “If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have all this incredible power. I would just be a boring, normal pegasus.” His face contorted in disgust.

“But Lightning, we’re your friends. We just went through all that just to save you,” Pinkie Pie pleaded.

“Lies!” he roared back, causing the pink pony to step back. “You only wanted the Elements. You didn’t care what happened to me! You wanted me gone the moment you saw what I could do. You only pretended to be my friends because you were scared of me!” His voice raised with each sentence.

“But Lightning,”

“No! I don’t want to hear your lies anymore. And don’t call me Lightning, either. That name was given to me by lesser creatures. I am ‘Niveus Valcum’ now.”

“Nivwhowhatnow?” Applejack asked, confused.

“‘Niveus Valcum’. It’s old pony latin for ‘White Lightning’.” Twilight said with a grim look.

---

Lightning opened his eyes slowly, darkness surrounding him. A soft glow emanated from him and the rock he was chained to. Wait a minute. He realized that his body was splayed out like an “X” on a flat rock, his hooves cuffed and nearly immovable. He attempted t call upon his power, but nothing happened. “What in Equestria is going on here?”

“Not pleasant. Is it?” a voice asked from nowhere.

“Who’s there? Show yourself!” Lightning screamed into the black, pushing against his bonds to no avail. The metal chewed into his skin with every jerk, causing him to wince.

“Pain. Loneliness. Left with nothing but your own thoughts.” A stark white pegasus stallion with a slicked black mane trotted out of the shadows, several yards below Lightning. His blood red eyes bore into Lightning’s cool hazel, full of anger, but also victory.

“Who are you? Where am I?” he asked, growing angry.

The white pegasus chuckled. “Isn’t it obvious? I am you. The true you.” His sinister smile sent a chill up the trapped pony’s spine.

Me? No. That can’t be possible!

“Oh, but it is,” he replied, startling the blue pegasus. “And this place, is inside our mind.” A light formed in the air, slowly growing and clarifying into an image. He saw the outside world, the chaos all around, and his friends. Each wearing their Element. “This is what I see out there. Might as well show you how far your world will fall. You’ll also be able to hear everything as soon as I leave.”

“How are you in control? This is my body and my mind! If are me, then you should only be part of me.” Lightning struggled against his chains.

“You don’t get it, do you?” The white pegasus flew up to Lightning, eyes inching away from each other. “Discord gave me power and pulled me out. I am stronger than you ever were. Than you ever will be! You are weak, and I can not believe that you ever had control in the first place.” The white pegasus voice raised constantly, and his breath became ragged and heavy. Anger shown clearly on his face. Lightning tried to remain calm, and kept down his fear. The white pony began to fade. “I hope you enjoy your prison.” With that, he vanished.

Lightning tested his chains once more. I have to get out of here. I must stop Discord!

---

The tiara on Twilight’s head began to glow. Her friends’ necklaces doing the same. “Oh please, Twilight. Those little trinkets can’t hurt me anymore,” Discord said, floating in front of his throne.

“They worked last time, and they can stop you again!” she yelled back, a rainbow light beginning to form.

“Give me your best shot.” He sat in the floating chair with a smug grin, as he looked on in apathy. The rainbow shot forward from the ponies, striking Discord straight on. His body slowly turned back into stone, but his expression did not change. He remained calm and still. In a minute, his body had become stone once more.

But nothing else happened. The world was still full of chaos, the eclipse kept it’s place in the sky, and the princesses remained statues as well. “What in the hay? Shouldn’t everythin be goin back to normal bout now?” Applejack asked, looking around her.

Niveus flew in front of the statues head, and bucked hard, destroying the head, and sending chunks of stone flying. The mares stood shocked, unsure of what was happening. “And it was such a nice statue too.” They quickly turned to see Discord munching on a bag of popcorn.

“Discord?!” Twilight said in surprise. “But, we just, and you just, huh!?”

Discord laughed at the mare’s stammering. “You are certainly good for a laugh, Twilight Sparkle. I told you the Elements would have no effect on me. I have grown beyond their wretched power.” He popped back next to his throne, and rested a hand on Niveus’ back. “And now, I will take my protege on a mission across Equestria,” he leaned his head next to the stallion’s, his paw making an arc in the air, “and we shall take it by storm.” The two shared a laugh at the terrible pun, and Niveus took another look at the mares.

---

Lightning struggled harder in his chains, yelling at the top of the lungs. “NO! I won’t let you do this! Let me out!” He couldn’t hold in the tension any longer. He had to end this now. “Don’t you hear me! I know you can! This isn’t right! Stop what you’re doing!”

---

Niveus rubbed his head with a hoof as he winced in pain, but he quickly regained composure, though pain could still be seen in his eyes. “Don’t worry, young one,” Discord said looking at the pegasus as they flew through the air toward Manehatten. “I’m sure that will end quickly.”

“I’ll shut him up.”

In his mind, the darkness wove into his shape, and soon he was back in his subconscious. “Don’t you know, nothing you say or do will work.”

“I won’t give up! You need to be stopped!” Lightning pushed against his bonds, a few drips of blood falling down off his wrist.

“You need to learn your place!” A bolt of electricity arced from Niveus, and struck Lightning hard.

“AHHHHHH!” His body went limp, and he slumped in his chains, unmoving and unspeaking.

“Now stay quiet.” Niveus faded back to darkness, and returned to the outside world. “That idiot doesn’t know when to quit.”

“With time he will lose all will, and will never be able to bother you again,” Discord said, looking at the approaching city. “Now, back to business.”

---

“Would you look at this?” Rarity said, reading over the country wide newspaper, “Equestria Daily”. “Fillydelphia is covered in honey, and now Lightning and Discord are making chocolate bits come out of the machines at Las Pegasus.”

“This is terrible,” Twilight said, pacing around the library. “There has to be something we can do to stop this.”

“But what?” Applejack asked. “We already tried hittin ‘em with tha Elements, and they didn’t do squat.”

“I’m sure we can find some way to get rid of that meenie-mean pants,” Pinkie said, punching the air. Fluttershy remained quiet, sitting in the corner, face half buried into her hooves. The pink pony quickly grabbed the pegasus up in her hooves, causing the yellow mare to squeak. “We just need to try harder next time!”

“But Pinkie, we did try our hardest,” the purple unicorn replied. “The Elements can’t get any stronger.”

“Well,” she answered back, “if we can’t stop Discord, maybe we can at least try and turn the world back to normal.”

“It doesn’t work like that Pinkie,” Twilight rebutted, ears drooping. “The only way to turn things back to normal, is to defeat Discord.”

“But don’t you remember, Twilight? Last time we fought Discord, we turned a piece of the ground back to normal, before stopping him!” Pinkie said, grabbing Twilight by the shoulders, grinning ear to ear.

“Well,” the purple unicorn began, stroking her chin with a hoof. “Maybe by fixing the environment, Discord may lose some power, but it’s a long shot.”

“What if we turn Lightning back to normal as well?” Fluttershy asked, walking closer to the mares.

“He could help us take Discord down,” Rarity quickly chimed. “His power could be a great help!”

Applejack lifted her hat up in joy. “Yee haw! We got ourselves a plan! Let’s get ‘er done!”

As they began to make their way outside, Fluttershy remembered something important. “What about Rainbow Dash?”

---

The blue pegasus lay on her bed, barely moving for days. A pink earth pony flew past her window, but she took no notice. She looked at the cracked picture of her and Lightning she found in the mansion. It magically appeared in her room the moment she got home the day they left. The pegasus tried to throw it out her window several times, but stopped each time. A good memory of a time that shall never return. She attempted to fight back tears, but a few trickled down her face.

She felt sad at the loss of a friend, and anger at the monster who took him away. If she ever got her hooves on that beast, she would- There was a knock at her door. “Go away,” she yelled without hesitation. The knocking continued.

“Rainbow Dash?” a soft voice called. “It’s Fluttershy.”

“Go away Fluttershy.” She lifted her blanket over her head, trying to shut out the world. The knocking stopped and Dash breathed a sigh of relief.

She felt a poke at her side, and looked up. Fluttershy floated above her, a hoof darting back next to her. “Um, we might have a plan.”

---

“Are you sure this will weaken him, Twi?” Dash asked.

“I don’t know, but I hope so,” she responded. The mares swept through town square, another area reverting to harmony. “I’m fairly certain it will draw them back though.”

As they passed the final buildings out of Ponyville, the light from their Elements died down. “Uh, now what?” Applejack wondered. “We wait?”

A white flash appeared in front of the mares. “Apparently not for long.”

Discord floated out, still seated in his throne, a pair of statues flanking him. A white pegasus walking nearby. “It does amuse me to watch you ponies attempt to put everything back as it was, but you really should realize that it’s no use.”

“Give it up you foals,” Niveus said, stepping forward, a wicked grin on his face. “The master cannot be defeated by petty trinkets.” He smirked in disgust. “Why do you even try?”

Dash stepped forward, determined and ready. “Because we don’t give up. Especially on our friends.” As she spoke her final words, light shone from the Elements, merging into the familiar rainbow.

“Oh, please, not again.” Discord sat back in his throne. “I’m not even going to pretend it works this time.”

“What if you’re not the target?” The light shot forward, but not toward the draconequess, toward a particular white and black pegasus stallion.

The light surrounded Niveus, and moved through his body. He let out a small scream, as his coat slowly regained a blue tint.

---

Lightning felt his chains relaxing, maybe even fading entirely. “Come on, girls, just a little more!” he screamed. The cuff on his right forehoof vanished completely, letting it fall. A deep band was left, bruised and bleeding slightly. The other cuffs were fading visibly, vanishing like a mist. “Almost there. Just a little more. Please!” He looked up to see what Niveus saw. The rainbow light nearly blinded him, but a shadow suddenly jumped in front, cutting off the light.

---

Niveus held his head with a hoof, splotches of his coat retaining the blue hue. “A noble attempt,” Discord said, floating in front of the stallion.

“You shouldn’t have done that,” Niveus said, one eye closed in pain. He walked next to Discord, tail sparking with black electricity.

The mares looked angrily at Discord, the rainbow light dissipating. “Those Elements are definitely becoming a nuisance.” He looked at the pegasus at his side, and put on a wicked grin. “Maybe I can still have some fun with them.”

Twilight looked at him quizzically, and slightly scared. She took a tentative step back, worried about the monsters next move. Discord bent his head down to Niveus, and whispered an idea. The pegasus was astonished at first, but then smiled with as much malice as his master. “That seems like an excellent plan, sir.” The two laughed, thunder booming out in the distance.

“Prepare yourselves, my little ponies.” With a loud, sharp snap, a ball of light began to form around Discord. The mares stepped back, but held their ground. The light got brighter and brighter, and then shrunk, floating over Discords claw. He grabbed the ball with both hands, and began to shape it. After a few seconds, he stopped moving his hands, and the light fell into itself in the center, revealing a crimson red necklace, a black jewel in the shape of lightning set in the center.

“I-is that what I think it is!?” Twilight stammered. The ponies eyes went wide with shock, Fluttershy nearly fainting at the sight.

Discord chuckled, and floated the necklace on to Niveus. With the necklace attached, his eyes sparked with a fierce black energy, the black electricity in his tail glowing with a red aura. He flicked his tail to the sky, sending out a barrage of lightning, the energy drawing in dark clouds, nearly covering the eclipse.

Discord clapped and raised his hands in the air. “Fillies and gentlecolts, I now present to you, the Element of Chaos!”

End Chapter 11

Comments ( 1 )

*Ahem* sonuva....

Login or register to comment