• Published 25th Jun 2013
  • 994 Views, 15 Comments

The Green Apple - EncoreTheBatpony



Little Applebloom one day is trying to get her cutie mark, but she hears a voice coming from a object.

  • ...
1
 15
 994

The Prank

The bell started to ring but thankfully Applebloom was in here seat before the last ring. Both Sweetie-belle and Scootaloo asked her what took her so long and she simply told them that she had slept in late.

"Alright class today we are going to talk about Cutie Marks." The teacher Miss Cheerilie said to her class

The half of the class with their cutiemarks grinned but the half that lacked a mark upon their flank frowned.

"As we all know cutie marks appear when..." The teacher began to speak, but Applebloom didn't want to hear it, and she just looked in her bags to see a bit of Verde.

She kept thinking about what Verde said. About putting him on tonight and finally getting back at Diamond Tiara. She could also not stop thinking about the pleasant tingle she had got from putting Verde

Sweetie Belle saw the look on her face and poked her and whispers "Hey whats up?"

To which Applebloom whsipered back "I got in a fight with Diamond Tiara"

"WHAT!?" She shouts in whisper form.

"I ran into her on the way to school. She was being mean and pushed me so I pushed her."

"Then what?"

"She pushed me back down, made fun of me and walked away."

"Somepony needs to do something about her"

'Oh don't worry somepony is.' Applebloom thought

After a few hours, the luch bell rang...

The three cursaders were sitting at their normal table outside enjoying their various lunches together.

"So what's on the list for cutie marks today?" asked Scootaloo

"Have we tried juggling while riding a unicycle?" Sweetie-belle offered

"Or Thespianism?"

Applebloom is just silently eating her apple fritter, thinking about tonight.

She could not help but continue to look at her bag, thinking about Verde inside and longing to wear him again.

"APPLEBLOOM!!!" shouted the orange filly,

She quickly snapped out of it "Huh yea what?"

"You zoned out, what are you thinking about" Scootaloo asked with curiousity.

"oh uhh nothing important. Just thinking about what we should do today for our crusades."

"oh uhhh" She could not really think of anything at the moment so just blurted out "Masks"

"Masks? How could we get a cutie mark in masks?"

"Umm uhh disguises, acting, spying, art"

"Hmmmm..LETS DO IT!!!" Shouted the little unicorn.

"I could make a perfect replica of Rainbow Dash's face" Scootaloo said with a hint of hero worship.

Verde in the bags was hearing this, he was thinking of how silly Applebloom's friends are.

A few hours later after school, the crusaders met up in their tree house to discuss plans.

“Alright, so what is on the list today?” Sweetie-belle asked

"Umm..first on the list is...babysitting." Applebloom said looking at the list.

“I think we are too young for that”

"Ok...next is masks...." Applebloom said with a bit of worry in her voice, eyeing her bags.

"I do not think I have ever seen someone ever get a mask cutie-mark before." Scoootaloo said as she continued to think this subject over.
"Me either. " Said Sweetie-belle

Applebloom started to sweat a little bit, thinking her friends may find Verde.

Her fear was realized when suddenly Scootaloo asked "Hey Applebloom can I see your homework real quickly. I want to make sure I got question 3 right"

"What? Oh sure." She walks over and grabs her homework out of her bags.

But it was then that sweetie-belle, who was sitting next to Applebloom noticed something. "hey wait!" Points into Applebloom's bag, "What is that?"

"Nothin!" She began to panic.

"Nu uh that was something." Sweetie-belle said as she looked in the bag and pulled out....an extra box of apple-fritters.

Applebloom then sighs with relief. "Alright ya caught me."

The friends quickly shared in the fritters and then they started to discuss possible ideas to work with for this...mask cutie-mark project.

"So how should we do this?" asked Scootaloo.

We should make masks of other ponies and act like them" Sweetie-Belle offered. "That way we are really working on two cutie-marks. Art and acting"

"I can make one of Rainbow Dash" Scootaloo said with a fangirl in her voice.

"I could make one of Discord and be all 'chaos' and stuff" Apple bloom laughs

"OOO or Rarity!" Sweetie Belle suggested.

The three fillies laughed at these ideas

"Yeah this should be fun." said Applebloom. Then she added "I think Zacora knows a lot about making masks and stuff"

"Yeah she does have all those funny lookin ones from her home." said Sweetie Belle

“We should totally ask her how to make them.” Scootaloo said and then added with a laugh “Maybe she has a spell to bring them to life”

Applebloom almost choked on her fritter. "What do you mean 'to life' !?!"

Scootaloo “It was a joke Applebloom.”

"Hehe yeah a joke..." She replied nervously.

"Are you alright Applebloom? You have been acting strange all day."

"I'm fine."

Both of her friends stared at her intently and then said together "Are you sure?"

She nods, but once her friends look away, she looks at her bag.

Inside the bag, Verde wonders if everything is going okay.

Applebloom then blurts out. "OH I just remembered."

Both fillies looked at her "What?"

"I uh, got to head home, and help Applejack buck apples." She lied.

Both Sweetie-Belle and Scootaloo were sad to see their friend go, but they knew that the Apple Family had to do a lot of work in order to keep their farm up and running so they nodded and said they would see her again tomorrow. Applebloom waved goodbye to her friends, grabbed her bag and then quickly ran off

"Why did you lie to them AB?"

"I...just don't want to tell them about you. Sweetie-Belle could tell Rarity and Scootaloo would tell Rainbow Dash and then they might tell my sister who might take you away from me."

"Applebloom, take my out of the bag and look at me."

She opens up her bag and carefully pulls Verde out.

"Applebloom, I'm not gonna leave you. You are the first pony to ever show me kindness and love. I can't thank you enough. I would never leave. " Verde said trying to make the filly less sad.

Appleblooom smiled happily and hugged Verde tightly against her chest.

Verde blushes deeply, as he received the hug and sighs with pleasure.

It was then that Applebloom brought Verde up and gave him a quick kiss on his wooden cheek. "And I promise that I will always keep you safe."

Verde then blushes green very deeply. "Thank you Applebloom, and I will never leave you."

She smiles at the mask and then flips him around and stares the back.

"It's your choice, but remember once night hits, the transformation will be painful." The mask warned.

"How painful?"

"Quiet painful."

She shudders. "Oh my"

"I know, I'm sorry, but it only happens the first time."

She took a deep breath "For you I am willing to accept it."

"Really? You do that for me...?" Verde was so touched by this, he cry tears of joy, if he could.

"Of course I would. We are friends."

"No Applebloom, i dare say it, your my bestest friend ever."

She smiles happily at the comment. "Tell you what. How about for now I just wear you until we get near Sweet-Apple Acres. You said you liked being worn right?"

"I do."

She then brings Verde up and presses the mask against her face.

He quickly tightens on to her little face, matching with her features.

“Hmm you feel kind of different then from before.”

"Well since it's close to night, I get more powerful."

"Cool" She then starts to trot back to her house.

Verde snuggles up on her face.

Applebloom giggles, "That tickles. So how tight can you get?"

"You'll find out."

"oooo the suspense." She said with a laugh "So where did you from? Originally?"

“Actually I came from a tree."

“Do tell”

"Well, it's kinda fuzzy, I remember being a tree, then being cut down. The cutter was a old unicorn, he made me and gave me this power, but I got to much for him. He left me to rot, but I was found, throw away. The cycle repeats." The mask said

“That is terrible. You so fun and nice. Why would anyone throw you away?”

"Because of what I can do..."

“Sticking to ponies faces?”

"No what happens at night...you'll see it soon."

"Well whatever happens...just know you are still my friend." She said as she continued to walk down the path to her home.

"Thank you Applebloom"

“You are welcome”

The moon is almost upon them.

She arrives at the gates of Sweet apple acres, where after a few moments of pulling she frees Verde from her face, puts him back in her bag and then trots up to her sister who is working. "Hey Applejack"

"Howdy sugarcube, how was school?"

“Oh it was great. Thanks for the fritters for lunch”

"Your welcome" The orange mare then hugged her sister.

Applebloom hugged her sister back and then trotted back inside and up to her room.

The sun was now setting over the tree line.

Applebloom sits at her window and looks at the setting sun.

Verde was sitting in the bag thinking to himself. 'I hope she won't hate me after tonight. I should tell her that her personally will change when she wears me...:

When the sun finally set, Applebloom reached down and pulled Verde out of the bag. "The sun is down."

"Applebloom...I need to tell you something."

She then looked at Verde with a face showing nothing but trust and confidence. "Tell me what?"

He lets out a huge sigh." I should have told you this before...when you put me on...you kinda change while wearing me..."

“Change? Change how?”

"When I am worn, the wearer's deepest desires come out. So say this, someone who is a nerd and is shunned a lot, he wears me, his deepest desires come out and he would become a good looking guy who is perfect.

"So...it turns people into the opposite of what they are?"

"Something like that. Let's just say I give them what they always want...but it effects ones around them...that why I was throw away so much...I ruined others lives..." Verde confesses, and is on the verge of crying...

Applebloom hugged Verde tightly against her chest. "Now stop all that there nonsense. What did I tell you earlier?" She asked

"You'll be my friend no matter what."

"And I meant that. No matter what happens. Even if I put this mask on and turn into some kind of weirdo crazy pony I will still be your friend."

"Alright Applebloom, are you ready for this? Remember it's gonna be very painful."

Applebloom took a very deep breath and nodded "Alright I am ready for this."

"Alright. You'll be in control of everything."

She nodded once again and then slowly she flipped Verde around and gazed at the shimmer on the back, her eyes grew wide and suddenly she entered the trance like state.

'I hope she'll be ok.' Verde thought as she slowly started to bring him to her face.

She gazed deeply into the mask as it drifted closer and closer to her face until finally the green wood pressed against her skin.

Then the transformation began. Verde then began to move all over her face, and slowly began to expand all over her head.

At that moment, when Verde started to squeeze and compress against her face, applebloom let out a loud moan of pain and dropped the floor..."ahhhh it hurts" Tears started to stream down her face.

Verde kept stretching over her head, covering it even her bow. He continued to encase the filly's head.

The pain was so bad, she actually reached up and tried to find a place she could plant her hooves to pull Verde from her face.
Verde didn't like seeing Applebloom like this but this had to be done. He closed at the back of her head, covering all of her head, mane, and bow. He tightened more on her head, and her whole head began to pulled and pushed trying to fit on her head, forming to it. The noise of the mask was like a balloon being stretched.
Verde tighten one last time, while connecting to her eyes and mouth. Then the two began to spin, in a twister of yellow and green, spinning all over the room. Trashing everything.
When it all ended the twister vanish and standing there was a masked AppleBloom.

She looked almost the same except that her face was now completely green and her red bow and mane were was now a darker shade of green.

"Well this feels nice. I can finally do anything!" The masked filly giggled to herself, her voice filled with confidence.

'Applebloom it's me.' Verde said to her through her mind.

“Verde…I feel amazing. So full of energy and-“ She saw her face in the mirror and grin formed on her face “And really good.”

'Yeah, so you ready to hear the plan?'

"You bet I am." Applebloom said with a fiendish grin

They then discuss the plan then sneak out toward Diamond Tiara's Mansion.

The little pink filly was fast asleep in giant plush bed, with her Tiara set aside on the night stand.

Applebloom thought about this deeply for a moment. She then closed her eyes and concentrated. She focused on being in Diamond's room and suddenly she was surrounded by green energy for a moment there was a quick flash and the next thing she knew she was in her adversary’s room.

‘great job’ Verde told her

"Thanks she whispered" Then she slowly started to approach Diamond's bed. The pink filly turned a little in her sleep and then suddenly she started to suck on her hoof like a baby.

"Oooo I got to use this" She said as she pulled out a camera and took a picture. The photo slid out and soon showed, the filly sucking on her hoof.

After putting the camera and the photo away Applebloom smirked down at the pony who had always bullied her and her friends, all because she thought she was so much better just because she had a cutie-mark. “Well Diamond, prepare to see how the other half lives” She whispers.

'Alright Applebloom, do it.'

Applebloom once against concentrated all of the energy of her new magic this time directing it on Diamond. She thought about all the times she had been mean and nasty to all the ponies, how she had flaunted her cutie-mark around the others who lacked them. And how...how she had secretly envied her because of that cutie-mark...well no more. There was another quick flash of light and suddenly, underneath the covers...Diamond Tiara's cutie mark faded away slowly until it just completely vanished leaving her flank blank.

'Now she will know how it feels.' Verde thought to himself.

Applebloom could not help but grin with satisfaction.

“What?”

'Lets go now, and lets published that photo. It's part of the plan remember? We make her cutie mark vanish and we get a photo of her.'
“Oh right. Let’s do it” Applebloom then used the power of the mask to teleport herself out of Diamond Tiara’s room.

However, what neither of them knew was there was when Applebloom had thought about how she envied Diamond tiara for a moment when using her new power…something strange would come of it.

Comments ( 2 )

aswesome story buddy keep adding a lot more to this story. can t wait to see it continue from this point and continue.please and let me know when u up dated the story:raritystarry:

2782052 please add more parts to the story I want to see how it continues from the prank :raritystarry:

Login or register to comment