• Published 25th Jun 2013
  • 995 Views, 15 Comments

The Green Apple - EncoreTheBatpony



Little Applebloom one day is trying to get her cutie mark, but she hears a voice coming from a object.

  • ...
1
 15
 995

A New Friend

The sight of a mask that was capable of talking immediately filled Applebloom with terror. At first sht thought that this was some kind of cursed magical object, that just happened to be in her families orchard.

Next she thought it was some kind of changeling that had taken this form for....some bizarre reason that was beyond her little filly mind. But, whatever the reason, she let out a long and loud eep of fear and jumped a good couple feet in the air.

"Oh I'm sorry young one."

“What what are you? I’m gonna tell ma sister.”

"NO WAIT! I'm just a little mask"

"How do I know you are not some kind of monster or cursed black magic thang?"

"If I wanted to harm you or your family, I would've already done so, but I'm not." The mask said. "I just want to talk to you."

Applebloom did not like that comment about hurting her family, that made her frown "You tried anything to hurt ma family my big sis will buck you into next season." She said, trying to sound brave.

The mask chuckles at her attempt to be brave. "I love how you care so much for your family, young filly.You have amazing family, unlike me."

Finally curiosity overcame her fear and she made a very slow movement towards the mask, "What are ya'll doing here anyway?"

"I'm just..here. I was left here." The mask said with a bit of sorrow in its voice.

“Oh I get it…this is some kind of joke aint it? Your some kind of ol crazy contraption built by pinkie pie to mess with my sis.”

"Pinkie Pie? Who is that?"

"Then rainbow-dash?"

"No. I was left here somepony, months ago." It said to the confused filly.

“What!?” Applebloom said in shock “Some pony just came out and left y’all here months ago?” This surprised her greatly “Well how come ya never said nuthin?”

"Well, when I see you ponies out here, I get scared, but when I saw you trying to buck that tree, I felt bad for you and wanted to talk to you."

“Oh…you saw that?” Applebloom immediately felt ashamed and embarrassed

"Yes I did. I think you should try to aimed a bit high." The mask suggested. "The way I've seen your family so it., they hit the tree in the center of it. You were a bit off. No offense."

The little filly just sighed and sat down. “I should not have even tried. I knew I was nowhere near as strong as my brother or sis, heck even ol granny smith could have bucked better then me.”

"I think you should try again, just don't lose faith in yourself. There is always hope." The mask said trying to help cheer up the little filly.

Applebloom smiled a bit, enjoying the kind words. “Thanks…so what is yer name?” She asked

The mask then sighed with sorrow in its voice. "I uh..don't have a name."

That resulted in a confused look to appear on her face. “What do you mean you don’t have a name? Everybody has got a name.”

"I do not have one.."

"Well...then let's give ya a name then."

"Really?" It said with surprise. "You really give me a name?"

"Well duh." Applebloom said "It would be pretty odd if I just called you 'talking mask thang' now wouldn't it?"

Laughs at the joke "Yeah I guess it would."

Applebloom looked at the mask "Hmmm now....what do we call you?"

"Hmmm it should be something that fits me."

The little filly pressed her hoof under her chin as she contemplated in deep thought. She looked up at the apple tree which just happened to have a selection of green apples in it and an idea popped into her head “I’VE GOT IT…Verde.”

"Verde? what does it mean?"

She grinned happily "Miss Cheerilee says that it means Green in another language. And you are as green as them there apples" Points to the apples above the mask.

"I LOVE IT! Thank you so much uh...whats your name again?" The mask now named Verde asked.

Applebloom grinned “My name is applebloom.”

"A pleasure Miss Applebloom"

The little filly grinned. "Likewise." She said happily

"Miss Applebloom?"

"Yes, Verde?"

"Shouldn't you be home at this time?"

"Oh no you are right...Applejack is gonna kill me" She was about to run off but she can to an immediate halt. "But what about you?"

"Don't worry about me. You head home. " He is sad that she has to go.

"But I cannot just leave you out here. Especially if you have just been sitting out here for all these months. That aint fair to you."

"But I don't want to get you in trouble. Please go, I'll be here tomorrow."

But the little filly did not like that idea one bit. She sat there for a long moment trying to come up with an idea when suddenly it hit her. "I'll just hide you in my here saddle bag." She said as she set it on the ground and opened it up.

"You sure? But what if you get caught with me? I don't want you to get in trouble again because of me." Verde tried to reason with her.

"So long as you don't say nuthing, I think we should be fine."

After thinking it over, he agrees to the idea. Besides he would love the company.

"Ok Miss Applebloom, you can take me with you."

Applebloom smiled and picked up Verde between her teeth, though she grimaced at the horrible taste and plopped him into her saddle bag, making sure to try and hide him beneath some stuff. After closing the bag and putting it back on she quickly bolted back to the house before she got in trouble.