• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 1,542 Views, 7 Comments

From the Flames - Orfearus



Rainbow Dash rises up to the task of Hero to save Fluttershy from a fire in the Everfree Forest

  • ...
3
 7
 1,542

Epilogue: Burning Passion

Fluttershy's cottage was a small and cozy place, with barely enough room for two ponies. The setting sun shone through the windows, bathing the floor in a fiery red that reminded Fluttershy all to much of the events from earlier that day. She first laid Angel Bunny to rest in her little bed, before returning to the main room. She walked up to the fire with the teapot, but stopped a few feet short. She just stood there for a while in silence, staring at the flames, lost in thought, lost in fear.

A comforting wing was draped around the timid pony. She looked beside her to see the cyan pegasus standing there offering her support. Together they took another step closer to the fire, and than another, until they stood right in front of it. Together they reached out to place the tea-pot on the fire. A spark jumped from the flames, and Fluttershy jumped backwards across the room, dropping the tea-pot on the floor.

"It's OK Shy." Dash said, trying to console the frightened pony. "You're safe now."

"I know, but the fear from earlier today won't leave me. The fire was closing in around me... The heat building up... I was afraid I wouldn't survive, afraid the fire... afraid it would consume me as well." She was doing all she could to not let the fear paralyze her again. "I let it overpower me, and couldn't do anything. You had to risk your life for me."

"But I was there. You know me. I would never abandon you in that forest." Dash just lay there beside the frightened pony. Comforting words and gentle strokes of the wing calmed Fluttershy down enough for her to continue

"Angel Bunny almost died today. What would have happened if you hadn't come, if you weren't around?"

"But I was there. I was there for you, for her."

"I was weak, I didn't do anything. I need to be stronger, because you won't always be there."

"I will always be there for you" Rainbow Dash looked deep into Fluttershy's eyes, a resolution deep within her own.

"Really?" the timid pegasus asked, returning the gaze.

"Really."

Fluttershy just stared into the cyan pegasus's eyes. When she looked, all she felt was trust. Her life had been in the hands of that pony many times, and she never let her fall. She needed Dash around. She wanted Dash around. When they were together, life seemed fuller. When they were together, she could face those fears of the world. But only with that cyan pegasus at her side.

Rainbow Dash stared back into Fluttershy's eyes. For years she had admired that timid yellow pony, but never had the confidence to admit her feelings. But today she realized just how much she loved that pony. When around her, she felt wanted. She felt like she could fight back the entire world just to see that pony smile. When she was with that timid pegasus, her heart burned more fiercely than the fires that had surrounded her short hours ago. She couldn't contain herself. She didn't want to contain herself.

She leaned closer to that shy pony, who followed suit. In each others eyes they saw a passion. A passion they both shared for each other. They let their emotions take over. They embraced in a single passionate kiss. During that moment the world seemed right. The fires that burned in each of there hearts were shared between the two of them, and the burning passion they shared only grew. Their souls felt more alive than ever before, and the two of them felt they were where they belonged: at each others side.

The sun had set, and a cool nights breeze blew through the building. Fluttershy reluctantly got up to close the window, and than returned to Dash's side so that the two ponies could cuddle closer together, wings wrapped around each other.

"Will you stay tonight?" asked Fluttershy. "I'm still much to afraid to be alone."

"For you, I'll stay forever."

The new couple moved over to the one bed that lay at the side of the room, and snuggled under the covers. They looked into each others eyes, and a feeling of security swept over them. Wrapped in the secure embrace of her new lover, Fluttershy dropped off into a deep, peaceful sleep.

Dash lay back in the bed and thought about the fire. Acres of forest were burnt, and Angel Bunny almost died, but luckily no lives were lost. It would take weeks of work to re-build homes and care for animals, weeks that she would gladly donate. But she got Fluttershy.

She smiled a cunning, audacious smile to herself.

It was worth it.

Comments ( 5 )

Isn't Angel bunny a guy?

This was good, only, Angel's... well... he's a... male.

Rainbow... you moron!

Liked the ending. Good job.

Login or register to comment