• Published 24th May 2013
  • 15,612 Views, 659 Comments

Five years of Ice, A thousand years of Flame - Lucky424



I went under for five years waiting for a cure. Something went wrong.

  • ...
89
 659
 15,612

Chapter 12

Pinkie had decided to leave the castle, much to the protest of Twilight. She simply shrugged and said everything would be fine, then proceeded to skip out of the doors, blissfully ignorant to the world around her. Or so it seemed. I should tell them, it's not very often I get what is actually going to fall when my twitchy tail goes off, but I think he can handle it. Besides, Dash will be there in time. Ponies scattered out of the way of the mare, who had her eyes closed and was heading to her destination using muscle memory, as she had been there plenty of times before.

She stopped outside, smiling as she saw that the morning rush had just ended, the usual few ponies remaining. She trotted round the back, finding the spare key under the mat as usual. Silently unlocking the door, she slipped in very quietly, heading up the stairs.

The stallion behind the counter finished wiping down the side, and took a stack of dirty plates out the back. He turned on the tap, filling a sink up and placing them in to soak. He was about to return to the store front when a piece of fabric was slipped over his eyes. He smiled, knowing just who the pony was. “Pinkie... that's meant to stay in the bedroom... at least whilst I'm open.”

“Awww... I wanted to have some fun.”

“Well, why don't you get ready... and I'll be up in five. I'll get the colt to look after the shop for a while.” He felt a set of lips press against his, and then heard hoof steps back away. He took the blindfold off to see that the mare had disappeared. He shook his head at her antics, so used to her 'ninja' skills, as he called them. He trotted out to the store front to see his employee. Nearly everypony had the biggest shock of their lives when they saw his assistant, having never expected to see him inside, let alone working there. “Hey, Blueblood, you're watching the store for a bit. Miss PP has just showed up.”

“Of course, sir, but... could you make sure the door is closed this time?” The stallion chuckled at him, nodding and turning around. Since a strange happening at the Gala a couple of years ago, the prince had taken jobs all over the city. Apparently, some mare at the event had told him a few homes truths, and it opened his eyes. He finally settled on the little patisserie, and had told the stallion it was to honour a mare he had disrespected. He had even managed to score himself a mare recently. She had her share of problems as well, something to do with Twilight Sparkle.

Once Twilight had became a princess, Trixie Lulamoon had a complete turnaround overnight. She even had a permanent place in the Canterlot Talent Show. He'd been to see it with Pinkie a few times, and he had to admit, her part was impressive. He shook the thoughts from his head and trotted up the stairs to his small apartment, closing the door behind him. The lights were switched off from the other side of the room, and he turned to see Pinkie Pie framed by candlelight from the bedroom.

“I have been waiting for you. You've been a bad colt, haven't you?”

“Yes... .Mistress Pie.”

“Well, come on then. You need to be punished... and I've got a sweet donut for you to eat, Joe.”


Garrard Grimclaw looked on with amusement as the strange creature continued to... play with Luna, either not knowing or not caring what it was doing. He knew there was something strange about this thing when he saw its eyes change from yellow to blue a while ago. Luna just sat there with a frustrated look on her face. The griffon was one of the world, and knew just how sensitive pegasi's wings could be... doubly so for alicorns. He'd have to see about the ear nibbling though. He turned his attention to Celestia, who still had that strange smile upon her face, one that over the years had made her all the more... desirable. “So... what is that thing? And where can I get one?”

“He is from a world far away, and a time long ago. It is not my place to say, but if he wishes to tell you, then...”

“Nah, I'm good here.” They both looked round to see Luna's ears were finally free, but covered in saliva. She was still far from being able to talk though. “Your sister said I could do anything I wanted to with her once I caught up, so yeah, a little busy here.” He started to nibble on her ear again, biting slightly harder and earning a squeak from Luna, who scrunched her eyes up. Celestia caught the sound of hoof steps coming in, and turned to see Twilight and four of her friends, plus two stallions and a colt she didn't recognise. A colt with very good eyesight, and brimming with innocent questions.

“Thunderlane, why is that hooman eating Princess Luna?” The stallion in question looked up, trying to think of a suitable answer. Not longer able to suffer the embarrassment, Luna's horn flashed and she teleported away. Garrard noted that the 'hooman' seemed to be displeased with this, getting up from the throne and stalking towards the colt. The white mare next to them blocked his advance.

“Stay where you are, the colt had a perfectly reasonable question. Just what were you doing, Alec?”

“Having fun.”

“I could see that! Now why were you going after Rumble?”

“Was going to tell him just what I was doing.” The stallion put his wings over the colt's ears.

“He does NOT need to know about that yet! He's only ten!”

“And? I learnt all about it when I was eight, was how the curriculum went. Now then little colt, when a mare and a stallion love each other very mucoooofh.” He was sent to the floor and back six feet by a lavender pressure wave, and looked up to see Twilight with a very unamused glare on her face.

“Three hours. For three hours.... I waited inside a linen closet for you. And you never came. The worst part is... it was dirty laundry.” He shot up, trying to keep a straight face, but it didn't last long, promptly falling back down and bursting out with laughter. “I don't know what's so funny, YOU didn't keep your promise!!”

“Yeah... yes..hold on, give me a minute!!” He took a few deep breaths to calm down. “If your remember, I promised to find you when it was all over. I've only came to my senses around ten minutes ago. Well, my full senses anyway. I was about to come looking for you, but the noises Luna was making... I couldn't stop.”


“Full body covered? I guess she made the ropes too tight again, hmm?” Joe turned to the blue unicorn mare stood at the counter, amusement playing across her face. It was time to shut up shop, and he was resorting to do it by hoof, as he didn't have full control of his magic just yet. Trixie watched as he tried to pull the blinds down, and lit her horn up to do it for him.

“Thanks, hon. And no, she made them just tight enough.” There was a pleased grin stamped on his muzzle, causing Trixie to laugh.

“I wonder if Bluey will ever do something like that. I must admit, I am bit curious.”

“Oh hay no! No way, you are not doing that to me!” They turned to see the prince sticking his head out of the kitchen. Trixie walker over and nuzzled him, resting her head across his neck.

“I meant... would you do that... to me?” She watched as the stallion all but melted against her, his mind whisked away to the land of fantasies. Joe went upstairs, and they heard a muffled conversation, be he returned carrying a full bag.

“Here ya go, some nice easy things to get started with.” Trixie picked it up in her magic, causing the top to loosen a bit. She looked with curiosity at the red ball that was poking out.

“What exactly is this for?” She lifted it out, finding attached black straps to it, with buckles on the ends. Joe just smirked at her.

“Well, Bluey said you used to run your mouth a bit, so that is something to make sure you can't do that.” It took her a few minutes to realise what it was she was holding, and turned to see Blueblood with a creepy grin on his face.

“Don't even think about it, Blueblood!” It was too late, he lit his horn up, taking control of the bag, and started to pull a length or rope out of it. Joe trotted past him to the kitchen, whispering as he went by.

“Don't break anything, or it's coming out of your pay.” Trixie jumped when she felt the rope touch her rear left hoof, and lit her horn as well. Unfortunately for her, it was just a distraction, and she leapt right in to the path of another piece of rope, which slowly and tightly bound all four hooves together. She looked up to see Blueblood stood above her, the other object in his magic.

“Blueblood...if you even thing about using that thing on mmmmppphhh!” Satisfied his mare was secure, he lit his horn again and teleported her home, adding a spell to block magic for a few hours, just enough time to let her squirm before he joined her. He turned to see Pinkie staring at him.

“If only I was a unicorn, I could do the same with Joey... Oh well, can't win them all.” Blueblood shook his head and left the shop, locking the door behind him.


We were walking along towards the infirmary with the griffons. I gotta say, I was very intrigued by them, and I showed it. “Would you please stop poking me in the ribs? I am not some piece of meat for you to see if I am plump yet!” The older griffon walking with Celestia chuckled as he looked back at me.

“Really? Well, you look like a overgrown chicken, so I was wondering if you tasted like one as well.”

“How could you eat another sentient species? It is disgusting!”

“It's easy, really. First thing to do is make sure they are dead, this can be done a number of ways. My personal favourite is to take a sharp knife and cut the throat. The next stage is to drain the blood from the body, normally by removing the head and hanging it upside down. Once done, it's time to skin it. For something such as yourself, I'd pluck the feathers and leave the skin on, makes it crispier. Then you remove all the innards, and cook it. Serve with some vegetables and have a nice meal. I call it.....Griffa a la lemon.” The young griffon, and you could tell by the fact his chest feathers weren't that pronounced, stared at me for a moment, before turning round... and promptly spewing on the floor.

“Grosvenor, you are a griffon, this sort of thing should not disturb you.” He turned away and carried on walking with Celestia, who was watching with carefully concealed amusement. “He certainly has a warped sense of humour. Or was he being serious?” She cast another glance back, seeing Twilight berate me because of my prank.

“I am unsure, I know he eats meat, but to eat a sentient species... I do not think so. No, he does not seem the type.”

After Twilight finished her... little talk with me, she helped the griffon move on, getting the attention of a passing maid to clean up his mess. I shrugged and followed on behind, looking to see a yellow pegasus trotting next to me. “Hey Fluttershy, what's up?”

“That was mean.”

“What was?”

“What you just did. I don't think you should have done that. Especially with the current situation.”

“What? He asked! Just because I don't eat sentient species, doesn't meant I can't have some fun.”

“That was still not very kind. You should apologise.” I watched as she pulled away, the other mares following. Had I just been told off by Fluttershy? That was new. Walking briskly to catch up, I watched as the two griffons entered the infirmary wing.

“Gilda?”

“Garrard.”

“Come now, you haven't called me that since your union with Grosvenor. I am your father in law, there is nothing that can change that.”

“There is if you knew what I have done...” I peeked round the corner to see her refusing to meet the gaze of the other griffons. Grosvenor tried to take her claw in his, but she pulled away. “Don't...I am no longer worthy of being your mate, not after what part I played in this.” The young male watched as she rolled away from him, facing the opposite wall.

“Gilda... what did you do?”

“She didn't do anything, she was under the influence of a powerful drug.” The two males turned to look at me, and I strode right past them, bending down to look her in the eye. “A powerful narcotic that made her not know what she was doing. Whatever happened was not her fault, and I'm very sorry about your wing. If there is anything I can do to help, then please ask, Lady Grimclaw.” She slowly turned back over, reaching out her claw to her mate, who took it his grasp. I left the room, heading back towards the throne room. I heard hoof steps behind me and turned to see Applejack following me.

“Why did you do that?”

“Do what?”

“Lie fer her.”

“I don't know what you're talking about.”

“That's a load of manure, and ya know it!” I crossed my arms and glared back at her. She wants to play the stubborn game? During my training we were made to stand on the parade square in our underwear in the early morning. I was there for four hours. I think I can beat her.

“Let me ask you something. Something has captured Applebloom, and the only way you can get her back is to do something that you would never even considering doing. There are no other options, it is do it, or don't see your sister again. So Applejack, what would you do?”

“Ah'd... Ah'd... Ah don't know...”

“Gilda did what she did for her family, no other reason. I'm not going to punish someone because they were protecting their loved ones. She knows she's done wrong, and she is the one who will have to live with it, not us.”

“Ah... understand. But... what happened to her wing?”

“Oh... er, that was me.”

“You did this to her? You will pay with your life!” I looked up to see Grosvenor with his head out of the door. His wings were out, and he looked pissed. He gave them a couple of flaps, and got into what looked like a sprinting start position, and was about to take off when a voice from the room stopped him.

“Gros... don't. It wasn't his fault... it was Blackbeak's. If he hadn't taken our children, then we wouldn't be here right now.” He turned to face the room, a look of shame on his face. We all turned to face the sound of griffon approaching. It was a Grimclaw guard, with a basket hanging off each side of it's back it walked in to the room, and stopped by the bed. The lids were removed, and two little heads poked out, then jumped to the bed and embraced Gilda. Grosvenor approached and joined them. All the ponies and Garrard backed out and stopped next to me and Applejack, Celestia looking to me.

“Alec, we have to talk. The rest of you, go do whatever you wish. And Twilight?” She stopped and looked back over her shoulder at us, wondering what Celestia was after. “I have already sent a letter, and it instructs him to head to your old lodgings in the library. He should arrive within the hour.” Twilight smiled and disappeared in lavender flash.

“Just what was that about?”

“Never mind, although it has something to do with what I wish to talk about with you. Now, Luna. What exactly are your intentions in that regard?”

“Well, to be completely honest, I don't know.” Her eyes narrowed at me, and I leant back against the corridor wall, checking both ways to make sure we are alone. “I don't know about this day and age with my species, as they've probably met others, but back in my time... relations with those not of yours were looked down upon. In fact in most cultures you would be sent to prison for it. I know what I have done with her, and what it seems like, but...”

“I... understand. But you will have to explain this to Luna. And she is not as forgiving as me.”

“Well... fuck.”


Big Mac followed the guard to the base of a set of stairs, turning just below them and heading through a door at the bottom, but the guard stopped him with a hoof. “Sorry sir, this is for the guards. Your destination is on the third floor, this is where I will be if you require anything. Oh, and one more thing sir? He turned to look back from the bottom of the stairs. “Don't hurt Princess Sparkle, she has been very dear to those in the castle, even when she was a filly.”

“Eeyup, Ah can tell. Don't y'all worry, Ah'll treat her right.” They nodded to each other and Mac started on his way, stopping outside the door marked library. There were a few more doors further along, but this is where the letter said to be. He nudged the door open and walked in, trotting past the first few rows, but not seeing anypony else.

He walked around a few times, trying to spot another in there. He had just given up hope and was heading back out the library to check another room when he noticed an open door to the side. O' course she'd 'ave a door right in t' a the library... best she what she's up to... As he popped his head in, he knocked on the door frame, announcing his arrival. A voice from behind a curtain bid him enter.

“Come in...I've been waiting for you.” His eyes widened and his mouth went slack, the stalk of hay fallling to the floor, when he looked to the bed. “I've been naughty professor, are you here to give me detention?”

Author's Note:

Only one person got it!! But, I had it in my head they've been together for a while, so was no need to make it sudden like I did with the others. And I'm sure by now, especially those of you that read my other story, have picked up that I have certain.....interests......

Oh, and whilst trying to find a pick of Gilda with a family, I came across this. It is now how she met Grosvenor.