• Published 24th May 2013
  • 15,559 Views, 659 Comments

Five years of Ice, A thousand years of Flame - Lucky424



I went under for five years waiting for a cure. Something went wrong.

  • ...
88
 659
 15,559

Chapter 26

Luna went to snuggle closer to her comfort zone, but she opened her eyes to find herself alone. She sat up and looked around, confused as to where he had gone. She gathered the towels up and prepared to return to the hotel when a shout made her stop, turning to see him running round the side of a boulder. “LUNA, WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO ME?”

She just blinked, nit understanding what he was talking about as he ran over and stopped, staring at her expectingly. She looked him over once and saw no difference, so she shrugged. He lifted his shorts' up his leg, revealing a mark on his flank. And then she understood why he was freaking out. “You have a cutie mark. That is... unexpected.”

“Well what the hell does it mean?”

“When did it appear?”

“About five minutes ago. I protected some kids from a few bullies, even standing against a massive fucking Minotaur!”

“Well, that explains the shield. Those tags... I do not know what they symbolise, but maybe we cou...”

“HALT, IN THE NAME OF THE PRINCESSES!” Luna turned towards the shout, seeing ten guards galloping over. They surrounded Alec before one of them noticed the alicorn, eyes going wide. “Your majesty, you apprehended the suspect. How?”

“Suspect? I think you are mistaken. This is my... co...” She saw the glare she was receiving, and reconsidered. “....partner. What crime does he stand accused of?”

“Attempting to abduct some foals. We found him hiding them with his wings.”

“You fucking what? You'd best watch what you say buttnugget, or I might not stay so polite. Especially something like that.”

“But the way we found you...”

“Have you asked them what happened?” The stallion worked his mouth a few times before trotting over and having a hushed conversation with the foals and parents, before returning, hanging his head.

“My apologies sir, it seems we were mistaken. Please enjoy the rest of your day.” With that he bowed and backed away, before leaving, the other ponies following suit, leaving just Luna and Alec alone.

“I think it's time to go to the bar. I need a fucking drink.”


I knocked another shot back whilst Luna was using the mares room. If there was one thing I couldn't stand, it was being accused of things I didn't do, or didn't intend to do. Part of me wanted to go after that stallion and whup his ass, but that would upset Luna, which is the only reason I hadn't left yet. I motioned for the bartender over for another round, and told him to leave the bottle. I had two more shots before my glass was pulled away from in a field of blue. I just shrugged and put the bottle to my mouth, which was taken in the same way. I slowly span in my seat, seeing both the bottle and glass in Luna's hands, who was once more glaring at me. “Alec, what's wrong?”

“....you wouldn'ts undershtand, jusht leave its.”

“Alec, are you drunk?”

“...maybe, dunno. There a threes of yous, so probablys.” I could just make out her moving closer, and then felt myself pulled to my feet and led out of the bar. The music went muffled as the door closed behind us, Luna grabbing my hand and guiding me down the street. “Where we goings?”

“I left you for five minutes! We are going back to the hotel.”

“Starting that already?” I suddenly felt an impact on my cheek. All I did was squeeze her ass.

“Where you are going to sleep this off!” And then I remembered what usually happened when I had seven pints of cider and then pounded down quarter a bottle of vodka. I pulled away from Luna and ran in to an alley. Yep, there were the carrots. “Alec... are you okay? Hey, don't touch me!”

“And why not, you cute little thing?” I recognised that voice, it was the Minotaur from earlier. And he was touching my mare. I lifted up my head and wiped my muzzle, then walked backed out into the street. He was there with five others, all smaller than me.

“Leave. Her. Alone.” He looked at me out of the corner of his eye.

“Well, look who it is! Boys, he's yours!” One of them ran at me too fast, so I put a wing in front of myself for protection. To both of our surprise, the impact reflected back at him and he went flying. I lowered my wing and tilted my head, seeing the Minotaur embedded in a brick wall. The other three jumped at me then, all eager to return the favour, but I wasn't having any of it.

ENOUGH!!!

The pressure from my shout forced them back, making them rethink their strategy. I grabbed Luna's wrist and placed her behind me, slowly walking her back towards the alley. If I could contain them, I might be able to deal with them. Unfortunately, I was drunk off my ass and ended tripping off my own feet. As I sat there trying to get my bearings, the Minotaurs surrounded me, and the leader picked my up by the scruff of my jacket, bring my face close to his. “When somepony tries to block, show them that you rock!”

I shook my head and looked him the eyes. “Yous jusht made a bigs mishtake.”

“Oh yeah, and how's that punk?” I didn't answer. I instead introduced him to the Glasgow Kiss. I hit the floor with a thud as he staggered back against the wall, hands trying to ease the pain in his head. I pushed myself to my feet and turned to the last three.

“So... whish one of you shitsabgs is nexsht?” They looked at each other and nodded. I tensed up ready for the fight, but they just backed out of the alley and left. I turned back to the other one and crouched as best as I could, pulling his hands away from his face. “Leaves town. Tomorrows. Understand?”

He nodded at me, and I looked around, seeing Luna standing in the corner. I got up and walked over, taking her hand and leading her back into the street. She suddenly appeared in front of me, causing us to stop. “We need to get you to a hospital. That looks bad.” She reached up and wiped what I thought was sweat off my forehead, but her hand came away red. I smiled down at her before I felt myself falling, and then my vision went dark.


Luna trotted around her room, frustrated that her sister had actually sent her there for getting in the way. She had taken Alec to the local medical centre, but when he didn't awaken the next day sent for a chariot to bring them home. A now a week later he was still in the infirmary. She had tried to infuse him with her magic, but his body refused it. Each time he came around the pain made him black out again.

She stopped when the door opened, drawing her attention to Celestia entering her room. She came over with a smile on her face. “He is awake, and he would like to see you, but... Luna!” She ran out of the room, attempting to catch her tear away sister. They both slowed just outside the infirmary doors. “Luna, he is not very... there, at the moment.”

“What do you mean?” Before Celestia could answer, a doctor came out, and through the open door came the sound of....

Show me the way to go home! I'm tired and I want to go to bed! I had a little drink about an hour ago, and it's gone straight to my heeeaaaaddd!

“Sir, could you please stay still.”

“Oh, another magic talking pony thing! Get over here, I'm gonna ride you!” Luna was shocked. It was like he was still drunk, but the few times she saw him coherent, he was certainly lucid. “Hey, why can't I move?”

“Because we had to get Recruit Warper to pin you down, you are not behaving!”

“Well where's the fun in... wait a minute! I've got wings!”

“Yes, you have wings sir.”

“And I'm furry! Wait, I've got an idea!” There was the sound of things being shifted in the room, and the princesses entered to see the doctor covering his eyes with a hoof, Recruit Warper trying not to laugh, and on the bed was Alec. He had covered himself with his wings and tied a sheet around his neck, making a cape. There was a pillow with some holes bitten out of it on his head. Luna took a few steps closer.

“Alec, what... are you doing?”

He gave a soft growl before speaking. “I am not Alec right now. I am... the god damn batpony!” He tried to stand up, but could only manage to sit up, with his wings spread wide, arms resting on his hips, a serious expression on his face.

“Celestia, could you explain what the buck is going on?”

“I'll try. Basically we went through his supplies from the ship to see if anything could help him, and we found a medical kit. I got Twilight to translate the writing, and we managed to get some painkillers for him. This is the result.”

“Come on, the batpony! You guys must know it? No? Bloody ponies. Hey, she's a pretty one, don't you think, Warpy?”

“For the fiftieth time, it's Warper. And who are you talking about?”

“Bluey over there! Come on, you'd have to be into stallions in you don't agree she's got a nice flank!” The guard shot up rigid, eyes staring at the wall, whilst Luna's mouth made a break for the floor. “Oh, that is awesome. Soft, hard. Soft, hard. Soft, hard.” They looked to the bed to see him flexing his wings. They were going from being feathers to an almost solid state. Luna trotted over and ran her hoof over them. “Hey, that feels good! Keep going!”

She withdrew from the bedside and returned to her sister. “What was the item you gave him?”

“I believe it was something called 'morphine'.”

“And how much did you give him?”

“I do not know, but clearly it was too much.”

“Hey sunbutt! Wanna see the moon?” Both mares blushed heavily as he rolled over and presented his flank to them, which he then covered half with using the sheet. “And now it's a half moon! Hey, hey, hey... here's what... we should do! Let's go find Armour... and shave a comedy cock into him! And then we can also get Twilgi... huh, I'm feeling tireph.” His face hit the pillow, muffling his snores.

Warper finally relaxed, letting his magic cut out. He took a deep breath, bowed, and left the room. There was a steady stream of mumbles as he walked away. “Luna, I trust that you are going to remain here?”

“I think that I shall, lest he needs controlling once he awakens.”


I awoke to a really bad pounding in my head, and screwed my eyes shut. Even the total darkness was too bright. I chanced a peak, but squinted at the light coming in through the window. Without thinking I raised my arm and waved it at the curtains, which then closed over. I looked over at the couch to see Luna snuggled down, a blanket placed over her. I was going to go over, but my body decided it need to go. I just thought about it and blinked, finding myself standing in front of a toilet.

I just shrugged and carried out my business. I then saw the closed door, and wondered how I got through it. I mean, first the curtains shut on their own, and then I'm magically in the bathroom? Something wasn't right. I was snapped out of my thoughts as a voice came through the door. “Alec, are you in there?”

“Yes Luna, I'm...” Another blink, and I was now on the other side, back in the hospital room. “...right behind you?” She whipped round and stared at me in shock, which was a justified reaction.

“How... did you do that?”

“Do what?”

“That!” She waved her hoof to the door, and then at me. I just shrugged at her, not knowing what the fuck she was going on about. “I am going to test this. Clear your mind and think of nothing but Celestia.” I did as asked, and closed my eyes. When I opened them again, I was in yet another room. And in the corner was the sun princess herself, head tilted as she stared at me.

“Well, good morning Alec. How are you feeling?”

“uh, I'm good, just got a pounding headache.”

“Oh. Well, we would give you some medicine, but after last time...”

“Why, what did I do?”

“Showed my sister and I your flank, and claimed to be the 'batpony'. It was rather humorous how you were wearing the pillow over your head.”

“What the hell did you give me?”

“Morphine.”

“...oh. Yeah, that'd about do it. Anyway... I'd best get back to Luna.” I kept my eyes open this time as I thought of her, and saw a flash that made me wince. Once I had my vision back, Luna was standing before me. “Hey, you'd never guess what. I can teleport”

“As I thought. I do not understand what brought this about, so perhaps we should thi... hey!”

“Hmm? Oh, sorry.” I lowered my arm, thus returning Luna to the floor. “Yeah... turns out I can move things with my mind as well! I wonder...” I grinned at Luna, who started to back away nervously.

“Wonder about whaaaahhh! A-a-alec!!!” I dropped the thoughts from my head. “W-w-why did y-y-you stop?” She was shaking lightly, rear legs crossed, and her cheeks tinted nice and pink. I could see in her eyes that she wanted more and for me to stop at the same time, so I shrugged and focused again, watching as she tried to stay standing.

After ten minutes of teasing, I let her go get... 'cleaned up' in the bathroom, which left me to let my mind wander. I could teleport, I could move things. What else could I do? I needed to ask someone about this, so I tapped on the bathroom door. “Luna? I need to go out for a bit. Is that okay with you?”

I heard her voice over the running water. “Go out? Where? And are you feeling well enough to travel?”

“Yeah, I'm fine. I'm going to see Twilight.”

“Okay, have fun!” I smiled and was about to leave the room, when I considered another way of travel. I closed my eyes and focused on Twilight, waiting to appear in the library. After a few moments nothing happened. Oh well, I've still got wings. I'll just fly down. I went to the window and opened it, climbing up to sit on the sill. I could See Ponyville in the distance, and briefly wondered why I couldn't teleport that far.

And then I found myself high up in the air, and had to whip my wings out to stop falling. I hovered for a moment and turned around, seeing Canterlot a couple of miles behind me. So, I could teleport long distances, but not that far. So what if I...? I gave it a go, focusing on Ponyville town square, and placing as 'terminus' for the teleport, before closing my eyes and concentrating really hard.

I saw the flash from behind my eyelids and felt solid ground beneath my feet. I opened my eyes to see a bunch of shocked ponies staring at me, so I waved to them. They all smiled and then carried on with their tasks. Clearly living here made them use to all kinds of strange things happening. I made my way through town, greeting those that stopped to talk to me. I arrived at the library to find it locked, so I tapped on the door, hearing hoofsteps come closer. It swung open and I looked down to say hello to Twi, but she wasn't there.

I dropped my gaze lower and saw a white blur disappear, followed by a hushed conversation and then footsteps coming. Spike peered round cautiously before smiling and shaking his head. “Morning dude, sorry about that. Sweetie Belle hasn't seen you like this before and it creeped her out a little, come in.”

I followed him in and saw the filly shaking in the corner, so I sat in the middle of the floor. Spike walked over and whispered in her ear, her eyes going wide with surprise, before she smiled and galloped over, throwing her forehooves around my neck. I wrapped my arms around her and returned. the gesture. “And good morning to you too Sweetie Belle. Spike, is Twilight around? I got a few things to ask her.”

“Nah, she didn't get back form Pinkie's party last night. It was Mac's birthday, and they went to Sugarcube Corner to celebrate. We had to leave around nine o'clock, though I don't know why. I guess you could try there?”

“Cheers bud, I’ll catch you later. Sweetie Belle, do you want a lift home?” She shook her head. “To Rarity's then?” I got a nod that time. “Okay, hold on.” With a flash we moved the Carousel Boutique, appearing in front of a screaming Rarity, causing Sweetie Belle to giggle. I just grinned at the mare and teleported out of there, arriving in the bakery. I got more shocked gasps from the customers, but it turned to smiles as I was assailed by the twin terrors of Sugarcube Corner. Pound and Pumpkin Cake.

I glanced up to see Cup Cake smiling down at me, but a small pale forehoof drew my attention back to the foals, who were starting at me expectantly. They soon started giggling as I ran my fingers over them, working out where their ticklish spots were a while ago. “Morning Mrs Cake. Is Twilight here still?”

“Oh come now deary, call me Cup. And no, she left with that stallion of hers last night. I'm not sure where they went from there.”

“Okay, I'll try the farm then.” This teleporting was getting easier. I didn't even have to think it about properly, arriving at my destination. I was a little short, standing below the Crusader's club house, and I was about to carry on when Applebloom's voice drifted down, so I snuck up the ramp and peeked my head in the window. Inside were the filly, Scootaloo, Rumble and Pipsqueak. And then I saw the board game.

“Rumble, Ah dare you to kiss Scootaloo!” I shook my head at their antics, slowly lifting the window up as the colt nervously leaned forward, whilst Scootaloo was almost jumping forward. I let them get close and begin, before I made my presence known.

“You know...” They fell away from each other in shock, Applebloom and Pip whipping round to stare at me. “...after the last time with that game, you'd think you guys would've learnt you lesson. Anyway, can one of you tell me where Twilight might be?”

“Ah think they're in t' barn, but they may've moved since then.”

“Thanks Applebloom. And Rumble, no tongues next time.” I walked away laughing as I heard sputtering behind me, setting my sights on the big red building on the other side of the farm.

Author's Note:

.........is he now able to use magic? Or is he becoming a Jedi?

And where did they get that game from, if he confiscated it last time?

Find out....whenever I get over this little block of mine, and can actually be arsed to write. And stop shooting things.

Yes, I'm being serious. My room is littered with BB's, but I love my new P90!