• Published 17th May 2013
  • 393 Views, 1 Comments

From begining to end. - SwedeBrony



This is a story about a colts life from begining to end. The good and the bad.

  • ...
 1
 393

Confrontation

Chapter 8: Confrontation

My mom looked at me as I entered the living room. I could see the anger and disappointment in her eyes. I stopped in the middle of the living room and looked at her.

"You wanted to talk to me?"

She nodded and then proceeded to get of the couch and walked over so she stood face to face with me. She took a deep breath to calm herself down and then she spoke.

"Care to explain to me about last night?"

I looked her straight in the eyes and then I spoke.

"We went to the cemetery to read horror poems and then we heard something that startled us so we ran and then Bones tripped into a grave" My eyes were starting to tear up a bit from just talking about it.

"You do realize what you have done?" She asked in a harsh tone.

I shook my head.

"I haven't done anything"

Suddenly she raised her voice and screamed
"YOU JUST KILLED YOUR FRIEND"

I was shocked from what I heard and raised my voice in return.
"It wasn't my fault. It was an accident" My eyes was watering as I stood there awaiting her response. She reacted at my screaming and took a step closer to me. She then raised her left front hoof and slapped me as hard as she could. It stung and I took a step back but said nothing.

"I am shipping you of to Canterlot Cadet school first thing tomorrow morning." and with that the discussion ended. As quickly as I could I turned around and ran upstairs. I went up to the attic and hid in a corner where I collapsed onto the floor in tears. The crying continued for over an hour. When I was done crying I wiped away a few remaining tears and then I stood up on my four hooves and walked over to and old closet in the corner of the attic. I retrieved an old knife from the closet. It was stained with old blood from the previous times I had been using it and never washed it. I had put the knife there so I could use it when I wanted to inflict pain on myself. I took a quickly look at the knife and then I took a firm grip of it in my left hoof. The tears started to flow again and I took a deep breath and moved the knife over my right front hoof. I made a quick cut along the length of it. As the blood started to slowly pour out of the wound and onto the floor I whispered to myself.

"Cadet School" I sighed
"Guess I will be joining my brother then" And with that I put the knife down next to me on the floor and I fell asleep.

The next day I awoke early. I yawned and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I looked at the clock on my nightstand 7 it said. I stayed in bed and just got lost in thoughts for a while. Cadet School was the first thing that came to my mind and I was instantly reminded of yesterday. My brother had been sent to Cadet school about a year ago and I had refused to think about it. He had sent me a couple of letters describing his time there. Hell on Equestria he had called it. The few times he had been allowed home to visit he refused to talk about it. And now mother wanted to send me there. I had never really understood why she had sent my brother there. She had said it was because he lacked discipline but I guess I would find out when I meet him there. It would be nice to see him again. It had been three months since I last met him. Finally I decided to get out of bed after about ten minutes. I went about my normal routine of showering and then eating breakfast. As I was eating breakfast mom entered the kitchen. She saw that I was busy eating and decided to speak.

"I am going down to the town center later so you will be alone for a while"

I just nodded and she left the kitchen. I sighed in relief as she had not noticed the new scar on my front hoof. I finished my breakfast and went back upstairs and read some while listening to music. After a couple of hours I heard as she left the house. I kept reading for a while but was interrupted when somepony knocked on the front door. I walked downstairs and saw a bunch of letters on the floor. It had been the mail mare delivering our mail. I checked trough the stack of letters and found one addressed to me. It was from my brother. He always sent me a letter every other week. I got excited and ripped the envelope open and began reading. The letter was really weird and nothing like the letters he usually sent me. It was really short and ended with "I hope we meet again". The letter confused me a lot but before I could think about it for to long mom came back home. I hurried upstairs and hid the letter in my room like I always did since she hated that I got letter from my brother. She called my name from the kitchen and I walked down and into the kitchen where she was unpacking groceries.

"You called?" I asked

"Yes I need to talk to you about something important" She answered and sounded a bit annoyed. I sat down on a chair at the kitchen table and got ready to listen to what she had to say.

"I have now singed you up for Cadet school. You leave in two days."

My heart sank as she said it. I knew there was no idea to argue so I kept quiet.

"You can go and say good bye to your friends but tomorrow you are spending the day at home."

I sighed and then opened my mouth.

"I am going to go say good bye now"

She nodded and then I gout up and walked into the hallway and then out the door. I decided to say bye to Gloomy first and headed to the hospital where he still were. It took me fifteen minutes to finally get to see him after arriving at the hospital. A nurse showed me the way to his room and then left. When I entered he was awake. I could see that he was happy to see me.

"Hey dusk" He said sounding happy.

He was in a hospital bed and he looked terrible. He had shadows around his eyes from not sleeping and I noticed that he had been crying but I decided to not bring it up to not make him feel bad.

"Hey Gloomy how are you doing?" I replied genuinely sounding happy.

"So what brings you around here then?"

"I wanted to see how you were doing." I told him

"Okay at the moment" He looked at me and saw me frowning a bit.
"But that can't be the only reason you are here right?"

I take a deep breath and sight "I am actually here to say bye because I am being sent to cadet school in two days." I see that his smile shrinks

"That sucks. Have you told Raven yet?"

"Nah I am going to tell her after I am done here" We both remain quiet for a bit thinking of what to say. After a bit Gloomy changes the subject and we spend the next twenty minutes talking about music and other things. I glance at the clock and see that it had just turned two. I tell him that I need to go to talk to Raven now so I say goodbye and set out to get to Raven's house. During my walk I think about a lot of things but mostly I think about the fun times I have had with Raven and the others. And I even think about the fact that I have developed a crush on her. When I finally reach her house I stand there for a good five minutes before I actually knock on the door. As I knock Raven's mom opens the door and lets me in. I walk to Raven's room and knock on the door.

"Come in" I hear her answer from inside.

I open the door and walk in.

"Oh hey Dusk. How are you doing?"

"Not to good" I tell her.

"How come? you not feeling well?" she asks looking confused.

"I just came here to say Goodbye to you"

Raven looks shocked and even more confused and then she asks me

"What do you mean goodbye?"

I look her right in the eyes and I tell her "I am being shipped of to Cadet School"

"For how long?" she asks quickly

"At least three years" I tell her sounding sad.

She goes quiet and then she gets up from her bed and walk over to me so she is standing face to face with me. I get confused and am about to ask her why she is standing so close but before I can even ask her she kiss me. I freeze from surprise and confusion and before I can ask her why she did that she speaks.

"I...um have had a crush on you for a while and I might as well tell you now since you are leaving". I can't believe what she was saying.

"To be honest I have a crush on you too" I tell her and I see that she begins to smile.

"Um...since I will be leaving for a while would you maybe want to um...go on a date with me?" I ask her nervously.

"I would love to" she answers. I look into her eyes and extend my hoof out to her and she grabs it in her hoof and after that we walk out of her room and she tells her mom that she is going out. After that we leave her house holding hooves as we go on our date.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment