The Writers' Group 9,331 members · 56,843 stories
Comments ( 34 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 34

Which song do you listen to the most when writing? Or if you can't think of one specific song, then just list a few songs. For me, when I'm writing, I mostly listen to "Return of the Mack" by Mark Morrison :ajsmug:

It depend what kind of music I'm in the mood for.
It can range from Pink Floyd, to Creedence Clearwater, to Iron Maiden, to Two Steps From Hell.

2109033 Anything that gets me pumped about writing for hours on end. Preferably Mozart...................Indeed. Nah, just whatever sounds good.

I listen to this when I write clopfics.

Anything and everything. My mind goes off on it's own and does shit, I'm just here for the ride.

I listen to all kinds of stuff. Too much to post here.

I listen to any Dubstep mix that I can get my hands on, so I don't really have a specific sound just a specific gene of music.

2109033 Usually, if I'm still brainstorming... Teh Dubstepz and Electro musicz.
While writing, it's whatever sets the mood. (Usually the same genres as they vary in mood.)

Something with intense action. Something like this…

Work hard, play hard, write hard. I need to fully concentrate on how I'm using words and usually get real intense about it, so I just listen to instrumental ambient/chillout kinda stuff, or nothing:

Depends on what I happen to be obsessed with at the moment. I've been listening to this one a lot lately:

Also, this:

2109033 Whatever classical I can find. I don't like songs with words in them when I'm writing. I've been really into PiercingSight, he does pony themed compositions.

OH BOY!!! I'll have to list off many things. But, here is a sampling of what I listen to:

Shin Megami Tensei IV's general boss music
F-Zero GX/AX Theme of Phoenix
Pokemon X/Y Elite Four Battle
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle Kill U 2wise Over
The Wonderful 101 Jergingha Planet Destruction Forme

I feel that a guitar or otherworldy feeling really gets me in the hot-blooded mood to write much about anything.

I'm really getting into instrumental metal. August Burns Red has a wonderful Christmas album.

The stuff I listen to normally, I guess.

ELO, The Pillows, The Gin Blossoms, The Boy Least Likely To, Cake, Pink Martini, video game soundtracks, etc.

2109033 varies from metal bands like Metallica to classical or instrumental songs like the Godfather Theme, or to electronic music like Daft Punk

Anything from the Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion soundtrack, WoodenToaster, The Living Tombstone or SimGretina

Most the time Owl City, album Ocean Eyes.

Anime and video game soundtracks, as well. Fullmetal Alchemist openings (all of them) and some more.

2109033 Hmmm, right now I'm listening to Ohio is for Lovers by Hawethorn Heights.I've also been listening to a lot of Myka Relocate And Woe is Me.

2109033 Mostly anything by either A Day to Remember or Hollywood Undead. Heard of either of them?

2109033 Ya want the whole list? It's rather good music for it.

2109033 My brain so I can properly formulate words.

I tend to write historical fics, so I look for music that corresponds with the time period I am working with.

More often than not, I like to listen to ambient or white noise to help me concentrate. In fact, I found this study supporting my love for ambient noise: Ambient Noise Study

And since we're talking ambient noise, there's a youtube contributor named YogaDuke that I absolutely love. His ambient noise videos are some of the best I have ever found! The thing I love about them is his variety. For example, his rain noise videos range from rain in a tent, rain on a lake, rain on a tin roof, rain in a car, etc. He's so versatile! Check him out here: YogaDuke

+1 billion points for rocking Mark Morrison, :rainbowdetermined2:
At the moment? I'm working on a fic that this felt appropriate for...

Usually fanmade pony songs.

Oh yeeaaaaahhh, I go all the way.

jpop mostly. Move, mami kawada, frip side, eufonius, ClariS,kalafina and the like. Also nicki minaj, lady gaga, kesha. Songs from MLP and random other songs

Here are some songs that can get me started, inspired, or pumped up.:twilightblush:

2109033 Return of the Mack? I like your style, mate. :ajsmug: As for me, I'm a big old school R&b and Hip-Hop junkie, both of which get blended together with the New Jack Swing sub-genre that I love.

Aside from Mark Morrison, some of the guys I listen to when writing are: James Brown, Parliament-Funkadelic, Digital Underground, New Edition (as well as their sister group, Bel Biv DeVoe), Bobby Brown, 2Pac, LL Cool J, Kool Moe Dee, Wu-Tang, Biggie Smalls, Teddy Riley (creator of new jack swing, and of Guy and Blackstreet fame), Michael Jackson, Heavy D, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, 9th Wonder, Janet Jackson, Gang Starr, Jay Dee/J Dilla, Nujabes, MC Lyte, Salt N Peppa.... There's a lot more, but the list is getting quite long. :rainbowlaugh:

This again? Sheesh. There's a topic asking this about every week or so.

Anyway, for me, as always, it's this:

John Cage - 4'33" (audio only, looped infinitely)

:trollestia:

Lets see, the answer differs to a degree depending on what kind of story your writing,
for sad stories i listen to this,

for adventurer stories i listen to

ATREYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and these guys

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 34