Positive Ponies 3,479 members · 1,461 stories
Comments ( 86 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 86

Post your favorite inspirational quotes here. Who knows, you may even help someone you didn't know had depression.

"True hapiness is not unachievable. One simply has to find there friends for true happiness to be achieved."

~Faded Echoes~

The world is a fine place and worth fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.

Ernest Hemingway

Just the kind of thing people need to see. Thanks.:twilightsmile:

“Sometimes, life will kick you around, but sooner or later, you realize you’re not just a survivor. You’re a warrior, and you’re stronger than anything life throws your way."

~Brooke Davis~

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present'."

~ Master Oogway

"Do I need a reason to help a friend?"

- Sonic The Hedgehog from Sonic Unleashed

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."

~Mark Twain

"Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened."

- Dr Seuss

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." - Helen Keller

How bad could this possibly be? ~the Lorax movie

And also: you must trust your heart not what you see.~stage 17 in sonic forces, capital city.

Let it go. ~Frozen

never stop running.~long claw.

"I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folk are like leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed." - The Scarecrow of Oz, from 'The Marvelous Land of Oz' by Frank L. Baum

"There will always be darkness in the world, but there will also always be those who find the light."

~ Twilight Sparkle

your an awesome possum! ~ forgetful

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

"If all you look for is the float with 'Miss America' on it, the whole parade is gonna pass you by."

~Eddie Winslow

That is an EXTREMELY wise saying coming from a sitcom, lol
:twilightsmile:

"Make good art."
`Neil Gaiman

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” ~ Marcus Aurelius

"If you are feeling sad or blue, just smile and let the sunshine through." ~Faded Echoes~

"Try to be a rainbow in someone elses cloud." ~Maya Angelou~

"I am not strong, but through friendship, I am." ~Omega Wolf LT5~

Comment posted by Echo Breeze deleted Aug 1st, 2020

Try. That's all you can do to reach the top. Then party hard. ~No name 13

First immortality. Then the bitches.

From DBZA Vegeta

“To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first.”

William Shakespeare

Forgetful
Group Admin

“Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.” - Helen Keller.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

This is my own personal quote that gets me through the day:

Why be normal, when you can be extraordinary?

Forgetful
Group Admin

My own personal quote.

Better to follow the glimmers of light in this life, than to simply dwell in the darkness.

hey! I have one too!

We all look for look for something in life, but we all have to earn it. Starting by trying.

I have a few, my most favorite ones are posted already.

When things go wrong, you'll find that they usually go on getting worse for some time; but when things start going right they often go on getting better and better.

C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

A world without string is chaos.

Rudolf Smuntz, Mouse Hunt

This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember sisters, make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soulmate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.
Marilyn Monroe

"It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living."

"It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewere, would much rather you weren't doing."

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."

"Fantasy is an exercise bicycle for the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can."
The above quotes from the Late Great Terry Pratchett

"When you have a problem, you have a problem. But if you have multiple problems, then you might have multiple solutions."
Jim Butcher

Forgetful
Group Admin

I can turn my back on the world, all of it... as long as you stay with me.

~ Hellboy.

"Bones Knit. Bruises Heal. Glory lives forever."
-Shane Falco, The Replacements

"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."
-Cowboy Aphorism, Anonymous

"His philosophy was a mixture of three famous schools -- the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans -- and summed up all three of them in his famous phrase, 'You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink."
-Terry Pratchett

"Just because Trouble visits sometimes doesn't mean you have to offer it a place to sit."
-Cowboy Aphorism, Anonymous

Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.

-Lou Holtz

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

-Calvin Coolidge

“It gets easier. Every day, it gets a little easier. But you gotta do it every day. That’s the hard part. But it does get easier.”

- BoJack Horseman

I have one that is not likely to be known around here. It's from a Brazilian southerner song, from a singer I know personally. Great guy.

If you care for the river without the pretension of fishing more, the sunrise will shine more beautiful.

Absolutely beautiful.

There so much bad in the best of us, and so much good in the worst of us, that it hardly behooves any of us to point fingers at the rest of us.

- Abraham Lincoln

Bronie312
Group Admin

Nobody is perfect. We all had our victories and defeats… You learn from defeats, and with them, victories are obtained.

The more the heart is sated with joy, the more it becomes insatiable. - Gabrielle Roy

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

If I was on a desert island, then I would have to get used to my own company - just me and the coconuts. He said I would have to accept myself, my warts and all, and that we don't get to choose our warts.

- Mary and Max quote.

(We studied him in CÉGEP Philosophy courses)

Don't Quit
by
John Greenleaf Whittier

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is strange with its twists and turns
As every one of us sometimes learns
And many a failure comes about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow—
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out—
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell just how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit—
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

this image help me when i feel bad, i have some problems, psychological clinical problems, and sometimes is hard to get up from the bed...
so if this help me, i hope this can help you... :twilightsmile:

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Great things have small beginnings.

- Sir Francis Drake

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

-Dr. Seuss

“Whut's the plan, Rob?" said one of them.
"Okay, lads, this is what we'll do. As soon as we see somethin', we'll attack it. Right?"
This caused a cheer.
"Ach, 'tis a good plan," said Daft Wullie.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

“I'll never be like this again . . . I'll never again feel as tall as the sky and as old as the hills and as strong as the sea. I've been given something for a while, and the price of it is that I have to give it back.

And the reward is giving it back, too. No human could live like this. You could spend a day looking at a flower to see how wonderful it is, and that wouldn't get the milking done. No wonder we dream our way through our lives. To be awake, and see it all as it really is...no one could stand that for long.”

“The stories never said why she was wicked. It was enough to be an old woman, enough to be all alone, enough to look strange because you have no teeth. It was enough to be called a witch. If it came to that, the book never gave you the evidence of anything. It talked about "a handsome prince"... was he really, or was it just because he was a prince that people called handsome? As for "a girl who was as beautiful as the day was long"... well, which day? In midwinter it hardly ever got light! The stories don't want you to think, they just wanted you to believe what you were told...”

“All witches are selfish, the Queen had said. But Tiffany’s Third Thoughts said: Then turn selfishness into a weapon! Make all things yours! Make other lives and dreams and hopes yours! Protect them! Save them! Bring them into the sheepfold! Walk the gale for them! Keep away the wolf! My dreams! My brother! My family! My land! My world! How dare you try to take these things, because they are mine!

I have a duty!”

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 86