Reverse Gender Role Equestria (RGRE) 2,133 members · 287 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

My favorite is "The Prince Returns". Sadly, it seems that the author (Spooky Ghost) deactivated his account.

I'm also keeping track of Scarfaced Stallion since I like Baki, too.

My favorite is

Logi by SCP Pinkamena

Followed by

Power Ponies Villanon by AponymousAuthor or possibly silvertear

Preunification Anon by Spooples

The Long And Short Of It by Bobbles

With honorable mentions to

Reasons To Live by Nosfrat,
Land Of Shattered Dreams by Nosfrat,
and
Floored by Kind of Brony

Monk

I said it once jokingly, but after really looking into it, RGRE really does suffer from a curse.

No story will survive the fifth chapter.

Although I said it jokingly....its kind of true.

Monk

I'm doing my best so that my story doesn't suffer from that curse (I'm working on the next chapter :twilightsmile:)

It's such a shame that so many stories suffer from this to the point that we joke about it...

Logi is one of the best RGRE one-shots here. I wish there was expanded lore about this one.

I'm doing my best so that my story doesn't suffer from that curse

I couldn't agree more. Some of the best stories on this site are very short one shots and Logi is one of the best examples of this.

As far as trying to keep stories alive, I am looking forward to more of yours, sadly I have to be in the proper mental outlook to write. If I'm, my normal pessimistic self, I cant write a fun story. Thats why Im primarily a horror writer.

My RGRE is suffering the curse simply because of this. My normal writting is far too dark and I want to keep my RGRE as close to FIM as possible. I guess Im saying that I wanted to write something light and fun, but with a bit of realism and grit, but Ive found im too negative a person to make that work.

Monk

The Monk

Comment posted by grochek1 deleted Jun 1st, 2022

Easily my fave RGRE story is Long and Short of it.

My vote for best RGRE story is The Anomaly in a Mare's World. The reason being that this story has a stallion from an Equestria really close to canon get transported to a RGRE Equestria instead of a human from Earth.

Here is the link to The Prince Returns

Here are the links to the stories you mentioned
Logi
Villanon (Also I believe AponymousAuthor wrote the original story and silvertear simply reposted it)
Preunification Anon
The Long and Short of It
Reasons to Live
Land of Shattered Dreams
Floored

Here is your link.
Oh to be Old Again

I can't find a link to this story.

Here are the links to the various stories you mentioned.
Boundary Point
Spaghetti and Fillies
Entirely Improbable
Xenophilia
Xenophilia: The Blank Plague
Divided Rainbow
Also, here is a link to the Xenophilia Group which should have nearly all the stories in the Xenophilia arc: Xenophilia HQ
Gentleman for Mares
Here is the link to the Gentlemanerse group: Gentlemanverse

I wasn't aware that Villanon was taken down. It really is a shame. I'ts one of the better RGRE stories. Nothing overboard as far as behavior, but definitely RGRE. As far as a Power Ponies story, which I really don't like those as a rule. Its a dam good one.

It needs to be reposted here. It deserves it
Monk

I don't see it mentioned, so I'll go ahead and add:

Oh to be old again - by Minalkra

Again, sadly not finished but one of the earlier examples of RGRE I can think of.

Diggy hole is an oldie but a goldie.

Long and Short of It is my favorite ongoing story.

Boundary Point is still only just getting started, really but I like what I see so far.

Spaghetti and Fillies might be my favorite over all.

Entirely Improbable is my favorite canceled story, with Context as a runner up.

Xenophilia holds a special place as the first RGRE story I read. Blank Plague is my favorite spin-off. Divided Rainbow is my least favorite.

Gentlemanverse never really interested me, but those stories were generally fine.

Oh to be old again is good at points but it also suffers from the author clearly turning against their own story. I mean, you can change your mind or opinion on something but it's a shame.

Agreed on the first one, I actually made a fill of this script. I can link it if anyone would be interested. Although I’m not very good at being a VA 😅

Thank you for providing the links.

I agree with you two about Logi, it felt like such a waste that it was a one-shot because the set up was just so good. It’s been a while since I read it, but that part when the Main 6 are completely shocked over Anon being male and absolutely dominating and forcing them to go home without achieving anything, made me really want to know what would happen there after. Like, how would Celestia, Luna and other female leaders react to an actual competent male leader?

One of my favorites that I recently read is Single Dadnon by SHUKAKU20 and posted by Helices on ponepaste. If you want something more feelsy. I really want someone to write a more flesh out version of this fic because there are some parts in this story that is rather rushed and glossed over. Most likely because I think this fic was originally a Greentext-fic.

Then there is of course The Long and Short of it by Bobbles, and The Anomaly in a Mare’s World by Hilord17. There are probably some other that people have mentioned here already that I like.

There was also one other that I can’t remember the name of on Ponepaste that was about Anon being the adopted son of Celestia, but the story has a bit of a weird twist in that Celestia is pushing Anon to get married but he doesn’t want to because he feels that the only mares he want in his life are Celestia and Luna. Unknown to him is that the reason why Celestia wants him to get married is because she wants to get over her own feeling for Anon since she’s fallen for him despite raising him like a son. (She also has a bit of a fetish for whenever he calls her “mommy” and she gets super aroused from it). On the sideline Luna also has feelings for Anon but feels that she shouldn’t push for it because she loves him as a nephew as well. Luna is also the one aware that Anon is scared of getting married because he feels that he’ll lose his connection with her and Celestia if he were to get married. The story isn’t finished and sadly probably never will. Last update was 2016 if my memory serves me right.

There was also one other that I can’t remember the name of on Ponepaste that was about Anon being the adopted son of Celestia, but the story has a bit of a weird twist in that Celestia is pushing Anon to get married but he doesn’t want to because he feels that the only mares he want in his life are Celestia and Luna. Unknown to him is that the reason why Celestia wants him to get married is because she wants to get over her own feeling for Anon since she’s fallen for him despite raising him like a son. (She also has a bit of a fetish for whenever he calls her “mommy” and she gets super aroused from it). On the sideline Luna also has feelings for Anon but feels that she shouldn’t push for it because she loves him as a nephew as well. Luna is also the one aware that Anon is scared of getting married because he feels that he’ll lose his connection with her and Celestia if he were to get married. The story isn’t finished and sadly probably never will. Last update was 2016 if my memory serves me right.

Anyone know the name on this one? Im extremely interested in finding it.

Monkl

Found it! It’s called Royal Circumstances by OniiChansFables.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21