The Fillyfoolers 3,490 members · 3,950 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

And if you forget, here they are again http://www.fimfiction.net/group/17/the-fillyfoolers/thread/22525/welcoming-thread.

And Again http://www.fimfiction.net/group/17/the-fillyfoolers/thread/22525/welcoming-thread.

Read them, learn them, fear them. Just read them. http://www.fimfiction.net/group/17/the-fillyfoolers/thread/22525/welcoming-thread

We are the Fillyfoolers and this is our creed,

To love all those mares in need,

To ship all the best of our ponies,

To show that we are the best there be,

To stand strong with the Coltcuddlers and Bi's who we bump hooves,

So don't be scared if there's honey on our lips,

Cause we're the best,

So come on fillies and mares,

Open your heart and lacinia's to us,

Those who love you cause we're the same,

So come those who love the things between our legs and who have the same,

Or perhaps it's the heart you love the most,

Or is it the mind of ours?

It doesn't matter cause in the end it's all good,

So come to the Fillyfoolers, where our love shines so much it's blinding the sun,

So come and join the Fillyfoolers, cause, as I've said before, we're the best.

By Fillyfooler

Also, new banner so that's fun, art assists smashed together by Miss Spectrum

5851916 Huh. Neat.

Got any other fics this long/good?

I've reviewed over a thousand stories. So... probably :V

Depends on what you're looking for really! I mean, I could throw out piles of very good stories, but it would probably be easier if you narrowed things down (Well, unless you really just want a gigantic pile of stories I'd highly recommend; I have bookshelves for that.) Are you looking for anything in particular genre/pairing wise? :twilightsmile:

5857050 One thousand stories? Damn. I'd make a joke, but I've downloaded over 4,000 mp3 files over the years.

Please recommend stories with good fight scenes. And good romance stories. Pairing-wise, anything with Twilight, Pinkie, or Rainbow Dash.

Romance:
Rainbow Dash:
Wet Feathers by Bookplayer - an emotional AppleDash story about Applejack and Rainbow Dash struggling with a long-distance relationship

Best Young Flyer by Bookplayer - Set ten years in the future, it is about Scootaloo trying to get into a relationship with Rainbow Dash, and the difficulties it brings for both of them.

Spring Is Dumb by HoofBitingActionOverload - An absolutely hilarious story about Rainbow Dash being in denial about needing to apologize to Rarity even as she collects things necessary to do so.

The Games We Play by AbsoluteAnonymous - One of Rainbow Dash's friends is dressing up as the Mysterious Mare Do Well in order to let off steam - and to anonymously confess her feelings for Rainbow Dash. But which one is it? The story focuses on Rainbow Dash's internal struggles, as well as her struggle to figure out who is posing as the Mysterious Mare Do Well, as well as how to deal with Pinkie Pie's blossoming crush on her.

Twilight's List by Kits - Pretty much the TwiDash shipfic. A funny story about Twilight asking Rainbow Dash out on a practice date. But Rainbow Dash tunes out during Twilight's explanation, so doesn't quite realize it's just supposed to be for practice...

Twilight:

The Terrifying Prospect of Swans In Love by Fedora Mask - Twilight confesses her love for Celestia. Celestia reacts poorly, and needs to make amends. This story has some really, really excellent lines in it, even if it has some structural issues.

Big Mac Reads Something Purple by Bad Horse - Twilight asks Big MacIntosh to read to the Cutie Mark Crusaders while she runs an errand. Big Mac makes up a story about a bricklayer and a librarian falling in love. Clearly no subtext. No subtext at all.

Regarding the Need for Sex Education by GaPJaxie - Twilight thinks she's pregnant with Celestia's lovechild. Her friends all try to explain why that is impossible.

Fluttershy Comes Out Of The Closet by Obscure - Twilight coaxes Fluttershy out of the closet (in her house). Also the other closet.

The Lavender Letter by Sunchaser - Twilight writes Celestia a letter confessing her feelings for Celestia. Celestia has to decide how to respond over the course of a weekend, and not just whether she loves Twilight, but whether she's ready to love again.

Shipping Goggles - Rarity fantasizes about various love triangles between Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash based on totally innocent events. This is a very silly story, but fun.

Pinkie Pie:

Just Being Pinkie Pie - A PinkieDash shipfic which explains why Pinkie Pie loves the rain (and by extension, Rainbow Dash).

Taken for Granite - An ApplePie shipfic of all things, but a very good one by Cloudy Skies. Rather serious.

Fight scenes?

The Iridescent Iron Rat has some excellent action scenes, but they're not elaborate fights (though there are some fights involved, a lot of it is about more complex things and avoiding a real knock-down drag-out fight).

The Archer and the Smith is pretty fantastic, but I don't recall the specifics of the fight scene in it.

Hard Reset has some fairly decent action in it as well, and is probably the only story which feature Twilight beating up a bunch of changelings with a baseball bat while trapped in a time loop.

Duel Nature features a fairly good fight scene between Twilight and Luna, as well as some other battles over the course of the piece.

Also, if you're looking to feed a TwiDash addiction, there will be at least one TwiDash shipfic coming out in the next few days. Because I wrote it and am presently in the process of getting it edited.

Because what is a TD post without some shameless self promotion? :trollestia:

(I do have a well-regarded and quite popular Twilestia shipfic, though it is more heavily focused on Celestia than Twilight, as well as a story about Rainbow Dash going on a blind date with Fluttershy to prevent Fluttershy from going on a blind date with someone else).

5859699 Woah. Thank you!

Y'know, I wish more readers on this site did stuff like this, recommending stories so others can read them. It's a nice change from the "If you can't balance writing your stories and advertising your stories, you aren't good enough for us enlightened refined-taste patrician intellectuals!" nonsense I remember leaving the site because I saw too much of years ago. This sentence doesn't feel like a sentence.

Writing reviews is nice, but it requires, you know, effort. Plus, a lot of people just don't feel comfortable putting themselves out there and talking about stuff. :ajsleepy:

There are a few people who have done things - Bookplayer wrote an introductory guide to AppledDash stories many years ago - and I've been meaning to write some similar guides, but they require me to find a bunch of stories about a single topic, while I tend to cast my net broadly these days and read a variety of stories.

Sadly, though, there's only a relatively small number of reviewers, but some of us do a lot of reviews - the Big Master Review List has a list of all stories which have been reviewed by all reviewers.

I do keep bookshelves of stories I've reviewed which I recommend and highly recommend (note that all highly recommended stories are also on the recommended shelf) so that people can search them at their leisure and use filters and such on them. I also have a Fifteen Stories You Should Read shelf (which is sort of a top-15, really three sets of five - short comedies, short impactful stories, and longer fics), and an upvoted shelf, which is everything I give a Worth Reading or higher to in my reviews.

If you're interested in seeing reviews on a regular basis, in addition to myself, there's also Present Perfect, Paul Asaran, and Singularity Dream - all four of us put out review sets on a fairly regular basis. It may also be worth following Chris's Blog, which also does reviews on a regular basis, but which is located on a separate website.

5861410 Got it.

By the way, if you want to review my Silver story... Please don't officially review it until episode three has been finished and uploaded. But you can read it and give me advice in PMs now if you want.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11