• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 7,265 Views, 118 Comments

Twilight Sparkle Waits For A Train - GeodesicDragon



Princess Twilight Sparkle is expecting her friends to arrive in Canterlot. But when the train doesn't arrive on time, she starts to fear the worst.

  • ...
41
 118
 7,265

Waiting

CHAPTER ONE

Waiting

Amidst the hustle and bustle of Canterlot station, one pony stood out above the others who were making their way to and from the trains. Ruffling her majestic lavender wings she let out a small sigh, her eyes darting left and right as she waited on the platform.

At her side stood a young dragon who rolled his eyes as he watched the mare before him tap her hoof impatiently on the stone floor.

"Jeez, Twilight, would you relax a little?" he grumbled. "They'll be here as soon as possible, don't worry."

Twilight turned to face him, her mouth turning into a thin line while one of her eyebrows slowly raised. "But the train is five minutes late, Spike!" she said worriedly. "How can I relax if there is a possibility that something bad has happened to my friends?"

"You're overreacting, Twilight... yet again," Spike muttered. "What could possibly go wrong?"

Twilight glared at him, her face showing signs of desperation and panic. Strands of her mane became loose as the alicorn's breathing slowly intensified. Spike swallowed a lump in his throat and mentally berated himself for sowing the seeds of doubt.

"What could go wrong?" Twilight parroted. "Oh, Spike, there are plenty of things that could happen!"

"Oh, really?" Spike folded his arms. "Okay then, Twilight, name one thing that could possibly go wrong."

Twilight grinned at him. "I can do better than that," she replied. "I can think of three things which could go wrong!"

Spike sighed, his palm colliding with his face as Twilight launched into an animated telling of her first story.

Author's Note:

Written over the course of a few days to celebrate my 300th watcher.

I hope you liked it! It seems a bit rushed in places to me, but that's for you, the readers, to decide.

Fun Fact: I came up with the idea for this story while waiting for a bus. But since I've never seen buses in the show I decided to use a train instead.