• Published 7th Feb 2012
  • 1,537 Views, 28 Comments

BACK TO EQUESTRIA! - The PatioHeater



Rainbow Dash must find a way to bring Twilight... Back to Equestria

  • ...
0
 28
 1,537

PART V

“Doc. What the HAY is this?!” Rainbow Dash shouted with both amazement and disbelief.
“It’s an inter-dimensional teleportation device,” he said proudly with a smug smirk.
“It’s… awesome…”
“Why thank you!”
The machine in question was a silver box on four wheels, not very tall and quite long. On the back was sat the majority of the components, precariously leaning over the edge, but the suspension was managing to take the weight.
“This looks familiar,” Lyra said in a very thoughtful voice. She eyed the machine suspiciously, going over every detail to try and work out what it was based around. She came to the back and saw a word that instantly told her what it was.
“You built an inter-dimensional teleportation device… out of a DeLorean?!”
“Yes. The way I see it is: if you’re going to make an inter-dimensional teleportation device out of a car, you might as well do it with some style!”
Lyra mulled this over for a brief second. “I see your point. But this machine is… wow.”
“Alright now gather round Ponies and I’ll show how it works.” Doc pulled the handle and the door rose into the air, Rainbow didn’t think it could get any more awesome until that moment and had to let out an excited squeal.
Doc took a seat in the driver seat and pulled a lever, the DeLorean started to make noises. “Teleportation circuits are now on. Okay, this display shows you three things. This one shows you where you’re going. This one shows you where you are and this one shows you where you were,” said Doc as he pointed to each display when appropriate.
“That’s great Doc, really great. Now, when can we go?” Rainbow asked impatiently.
“Tomorrow night.”
“Tomorrow night?!”
“Yes. If my calculations are correct, the Flux Capacitor should be fully charged and there will be optimum conditions for trans-dimension teleporting.”
“Cant we do it any sooner?”
“No, I'm afraid not. It has to be tomorrow night. At precisely 10:04pm.”
Rainbow sighed. “Fine.”

It was the next night. Doc, Rainbow Dash and Lyra were stood outside the town hall, the DeLorean was in position far off down the street.
“Alright, Rainbow Dash, are you ready?” Doc asked the eagerly hopping Pony.
“Hay yeah!”
“And what about you Lyra?”
“Sure,” Lyra said sleepily, she was usually in bed by now, despite it being barely quarter to ten.
“Good. Now I have placed the DeLorean down the street. And if my calculations are correct, you should reach 88mph at precisely here.” Doc pointed to the road where he was standing.
“Err… Doc?” Rainbow asked inquisitively.
“Yes?”
“How do you drive a car?”
Doc’s brow furrowed. “You mean… you can’t drive?”
“No.”
Doc became flustered. “L-Lyra? Can you drive?” he asked with doubt.
Lyra yawned and shook her head.
Doc jumped back. “Great Scott! Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”
“Wel-.”
“Never mind that now. Quick, follow me!” Doc started running at full speed towards the DeLorean. Rainbow Dash grabbed the almost sleeping Unicorn beside her and flew after him.

Doc opened the door and threw Rainbow inside.
“Right. Now, listen carefully. This pedal is the accelerator.” Doc forced her leg onto one of the pedals. “That other one is the brake, but you won’t need that one.”
“So, this one is go and this one is stop?” Rainbow asked while demonstrating each one in turn.
“Precisely.”
“That seems simple enough.” Rainbow looked down at her hooves while she familiarised herself with them.
Lyra hopped into the passenger seat and put the seatbelt on. She had suddenly perked up a bit. It must have been the excitement about seeing a human getting through to her. She was bouncing in her seat giddily.
Doc looked at his watch. “Okay Dash, just another couple minutes until you need to floor it. That alarm on the dashboard will tell you when. Good luck!” Doc said quickly as he ran back to his position by his proposed jump point.
“Oh Celestia, Rainbow Dash. Humans!” she couldn’t contain her excitement anymore and started squeaking excitedly.
After a few minutes of silence, apart from the random sounds of excitement from Lyra, the alarm went off.
“I'm comin’ Twilight!” With that, Rainbow pushed her hoof hard on the accelerator. The DeLorean blasted off with an acceleration Rainbow Dash hadn’t felt before while sitting down.

They reached the speed Doc said was necessary and the DeLorean started sparking with electricity, being cocooned it a shell of energy. The two passengers could feel magic vibrating through the machine.
Suddenly, with a huge burst of acceleration, they jumped. The DeLorean left trails of fire from its back wheels as it sped through the dimensional barrier with a mighty crack.
Doc looked on in awe. He couldn’t believe it. He was the first Pony to ever successfully teleport two Ponies to another dimension in a machine that HE had built. He started dancing around in celebration.

Rainbow Dash and Lyra exploded through the barrier and came out the other side. Luckily Doc told her how to stop, so they only crashed into a shed a little bit.
“That. Was. AWESOME!” Rainbow cheered as the car vented some kind of gas.
“I know! Now where are the humans?” Lyra asked herself as she reached behind the seat and pulled out a camera.
“You brought a camera?” Rainbow asked in a mocking tone.
“Of course I did! I want to document EVERYTHING!”
“Okay, that’s fine. But remember why we’re here, to save Twilight.”
“Of course. But that doesn’t mean we can’t explore this place a bit, does it?” she asked hopefully.
“I don’t know Lyra, this display here says 27 minutes. I think that’s how much longer we have until this baby runs outta juice.”
“Oh,” Lyra said mournfully, like she was about to cry.
“But don’t fret. In Twilight’s letter she said she was staying with a human.”
Lyra gasped. “Oh yeah! I forgot about that!”
“Let’s get searching then!” Rainbow said eagerly as she moved a hoof to open the door. But before her hoof made it, the door lifted open for her with an action she just couldn’t help but watch. Upwards opening doors are just the coolest thing, she thought to herself, only rivalled by flippy-uppy headlights.
“Rainbow Dash?!” said a confused voice.
“I know that voice!” Rainbow shouted as she lunged from the car and hugged Twilight with such joy and power that they fell to floor of grass in a human’s garden.
“What are you doing here?” Twilight asked, but she didn’t honestly care for the reason, she was just happy to see her friend again.
“I missed you so much Twilight!” Rainbow started welling up.
“I can see that. And I missed you too!” Twilight hugged back with as much passion as Rainbow.
“WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY SHED?!” shouted an angry male voice, one which nopony but Twilight recognised.
They heard a gasp before a blur of light green exploded from the DeLorean. Lyra had seen Twilight’s human friend and tackled him to the ground.
“HA! I told you humans existed, Bon-bon!” Lyra shouted into the human’s face, hoping that her Earth Pony friend would hear her (she didn’t).
“Lyra?” asked the human.
Lyra gasped again. “He knows my name!” she squealed.
“Oh yes, where are my manners,” said Twilight. “Rainbow, Lyra, this… is Darryl.”
Rainbow looked up from Twilight to get a look at the human whose been looking after one of her best friends for the past while. He looked like a nice guy. Rainbow approved.
“Hello,” Darryl said awkwardly.
Rainbow stood up from her hug with Twilight and walked over to Darryl. “So, Darryl, Is it? In case you don’t know, I'm Rainbow Dash, and I would just like to say, if you have done anything to harm my Twilight you’re gonna be in a hay load of trouble.”
Twilight giggled. “Oh Dashie, you haven’t changed.”
“Of course I haven’t! It’s only been a week or something like that since you disappeared.”
Twilight was taken aback. “A week?! But I’ve here for… like… a year!”
“Well, what can I tell ya? There’s probably some science-y thing about it.”
Everybody was blinded temporarily by a flash of light. Lyra had taken a picture of all of them and then giggled to herself slightly; she still couldn’t believe she was on Earth with the humans.
“Darryl?”
“Yeah Lyra?” he asked nervously.
“What’s it like to have hands?”
Darryl opened his mouth to answer, but no words came out. Instead he shut it again and went into deep thought mode as he looked at his hands, flexing his fingers in front of his eyes. He hadn’t thought about it before but hands are brilliant things, so useful for so many different tasks. The more he thought about it, the more he thought he was taken advantage of them and that he should give them the recognition they deserve.
“They’re… awesome.” This was as far as his recognition would go.
Meanwhile, Twilight was asking about the machine.
“What is this… thing?”
“It’s an inter-dimensional teleportation device built into a DeLorean.”
“Riiiight. But how does it work?”
“How should I know? All I do know is that it has a Flux Capacitor.”
“Really? Where?” Twilight dived into the machine and began looking around.
“Don’t break anything! That’s our only ticket home.”
“Don’t worry, I won’t,” Twilight said as she buried her head in a pile of wires.
Rainbow caught a look at the display, it was already saying they only had 12 minutes left. It was discharging magic at an alarming rate.
“Twilight, we haven’t got long.”
“Don’t worry, I'm almost done here.” Rainbow watched as her friend’s legs swung in the air. It made her smile.
“Rainbow. Come here!” Lyra shouted excitedly.
Rainbow obeyed and walked up to her. “What?”
“Take a picture of me and Darryl.” Lyra shoved the camera in Rainbow’s hoof and pulled Darryl down to her height, he happily obliged. Darryl sat down on the grass and put his arm around Lyra. She looked at the hand on her shoulder in disbelief. She swooned and fell into Darryl’s lap.
“She’s so pathetic,” Rainbow laughed.
“Nah. She’s cute!”
Rainbow gave him a suspicious look, but she quickly shook off the sense that Darryl might like Ponies in that way and took a picture or two of the unconscious Unicorn and the human.
Moments later, Lyra woke up. “What just happened?” she asked confusedly.
“You fainted,” Darryl said in a sweet voice.
Lyra looked up at Darryl’s smiling face and had an enormous urge to hug him incredibly tightly. She knew it would have been pointless to resist it so she grabbed onto his neck and pulled him down to hug him. Rainbow was quick on the camera and caught an image of a puzzled human and an incredibly happy Unicorn hugging him.
Darryl collected his thoughts and hugged her back tightly. His time with Twilight living with him made him love Ponies of all sorts much more, but nopony could ever hope to replace Twilight as best Pony in his mind now, when once before it would have been reserved solely for Rainbow Dash. Almost instantly Darryl felt the Pony’s grip around him loosen and her head lolled back.
“She’s fainted again, hasn’t she?” he asked Rainbow, who just took several more pictures and then nodded in reply.
Darryl sighed happily, Lyra was better than he had imagined.

A loud fumbling came from the DeLorean. Rainbow spun round and saw the Twilight’s legs flailing frantically as she wriggled herself out of the machine.
“Careful Twi. You better not have broken anything!”
Twilight ignored this warning. She turned and grabbed Rainbow by her shoulders. “1.21 gigawatts?!” She let go and started pacing around.
“1.21 gigawatts!” Twilight kept muttering to herself.
Rainbow watched her, her face contorting with alarm and confusion. “What-what the hay is a gigawatt?!”
“That display said 1.21 gigawatts. Who in EQUESTRIA would build such a magically powerful device?! If this thing blew up I dare say it would take the planet with it!”
“Hey cool your jets Twilight, I didn’t build it. And I doubt Lyra could even build a puzzle!”
“She’s not that stupid Rainbow.”
Rainbow gave her a contemptuous look and cleared her throat loudly while pointing over at the green Unicorn.
Twilight looked. Lyra was lying back in Darryl’s lap and beaming idiotically at him. He was trying to act friendly and engage her in conversation, but he never was the best socialiser. Twilight smirked contently. She had grown quite fond of Darryl.

The DeLorean beeped. Rainbow went to investigate. “Whoa, this is heavy.”
“What?” Twilight asked with concern.
“We have three minutes left.”
“Three minutes until what?”
“Until the machine loses the ability to teleport us back.”
“Oh…”
“Come on. We better get going.” Rainbow went to take Lyra away from Darryl, who reluctantly allowed her to. Rainbow sat her in the car.
“C’mon Twi! We better get back!” Rainbow waved a hoof to follow her into the DeLorean. “I'm sure Pinkie Pie will have a party waiting for us!”
Twilight didn’t move, instead she looked at Darryl. “Can he come with us?” she asked without taking her eyes off him.
Darryl was surprised to hear this, he thought Twilight would go with very little fuss, not ask if he could go with them.
“Err…” Rainbow droned out, she was thinking hard about this. “I don’t see why not!”
Twilight’s face lit up and she bolted towards the machine. Darryl followed closely behind her. But as Twilight placed her front hooves on the threshold of the door, the DeLorean announced something in its emotionless computerised voice.
“Flux energy at minimum. Maximum capacity three Ponies.”
Twilight froze instantly. Her mind was a mess of emotions. She wanted to go home and she her friends. But on the other hoof, she couldn’t leave Darryl.
“What are you waiting for Twilight? Get in!” Rainbow said persuasively.
“I don’t know Rainbow.”
“What do you mean Twilight? How could you not know?!” Rainbow looked up and saw Darryl. “It’s because of him isn’t it?”
Twilight’s silence spoke volumes.
“Wha-? HIM?! You want to stay here because of him?!” Rainbow was growing angry.
“I'm sorry Dashie,” she whispered as she removed her hooves from doorway.
“So, after all the effort we put in to come and save you, you’re just gonna throw it back into our faces?”
“I'm sorry. I can’t leave him. But I told you in that letter not to come after me, that I was happy here.”
“As happy as you were in Equestria? With your own kind? Where YOU belong?”
Twilight nodded. “Yes. Yes I am.”
Rainbow sighed. “Fine. Bye Twilight.”
“Bye Twilight! Bye Darryl!” Lyra shouted happily, blissfully unaware of what was happening.
Rainbow shut the door, for once unaware of its awesomeness. She drove the DeLorean out of Darryl’s garden.

Twilight and Darryl followed it to the road and watched it break the fourth wall back to Equestria. They watched the spot where it disappeared for a while before Darryl broke to silence.
“Did you… really stay behind… for me?” he voice quivered with emotion.
Twilight nodded and smiled.
“Really?” he asked again, hoping he heard her right.
“Yes!” she shouted with a laugh.
Darryl beamed at her. “Come here you!” he said as he scooped her up in his arms, causing her to start laughing in the most adorable of ways.
He looked into her smiling, purple eyes and got lost. “Love you Twilight,” he said as he pulled her into a hug.
Twilight giggled. “Love you too!” she said as she hugged back.

A brief moment later, they were distracted by three loud cracks, much like lightning, and the third of which blew them back with a great force.
As they stood up again they saw the DeLorean had reappeared before them, covered in a thin film of ice.
The door swung upwards and out of it came a tall colt, tan in colour and a mane grey and crazy, wearing a lab coat. He stumbled about a bit before gathering his bearings. He spun round and saw the incredibly confused purple Unicorn.
“Twilight! Thank Celestia I found you!” he shouted with great relief.
“Who are you?” Twilight asked.
“I'm Doc. I built this machine. And come on, there’s no time to lose. You have to come back with me!” he spoke with such great urgency.
“Back where?”
“Back to Equestria!”
Twilight went red with mild annoyance. “No no no no no no. I already… what are you doing?” Twilight asked as she saw the strange colt rummaging around in a bin.
He pulled his head out with a can and a banana peel in his mouth. “I need fuel,” he said as if what he was doing was completely normal. He went to the back of the DeLorean and pushed back a small white chimney with a hoof and dropped the rubbish inside.
“Right…” Twilight watched him with confusion for a second before shaking it off. “What was I saying? Oh yeah! I'm not going with you. I already told Rainbow Dash I wouldn’t go without Darryl.”
“Bring him it concerns him too!” Doc said urgently.
“What?!” Twilight was worried now. “Why what’s happening in Equestria? Is something wrong with Fluttershy?”
“Fluttershy’s fine.”
“Then what is it?”
“It’s Celestia, Twilight. Something’s got to be done about Celestia!”
“Why? What’s wrong with Celestia?”
“There’s no time to explain. Get in the inter-dimensional teleportation device.”
Twilight did as ordered and Darryl followed. He was so excited to finally go see the Equestria which Twilight had told him about so passionately.
“God. It’s a bit cramped in here!” Darryl said as he struggled to get one of his legs in.
Doc went round to help. “Of course it is!” he grunted as he tried to push him in further. “It was designed for Ponies.”
Darryl eventually got his leg in a position that allowed Doc to close the door, but you wouldn’t call it comfortable or dignified.
Doc got in the driver’s seat, shutting the door behind him. “Prepare yourself. When this baby hits 88mph, you’re going to see some serious shit.”
Doc flicked a switch and the DeLorean started humming as the magic coursed through it.
Darryl looked up out of the windscreen and saw a river not far ahead. “Err… Doc, you better back up. We don’t have enough road to reach 88mph.”
Doc placed some silver sunglasses over his eyes.
“Roads? Where we’re going we don’t need road.”
After he said these words, the DeLorean rose into the air. A small burst of magic propelled the machine forward. It began to glow along the seams and spark with magic and seconds later, it erupted from this reality, leaving twin trails of fire in the sky as it was teleported through the planes of existence and… Back To Equestria!

Comments ( 6 )

I may continue this in a different story, if I can be bothered/finish all my other stuff (HA! like I will ever finish all these ideas I'm already writing).

Hope you enjoy!!!:pinkiehappy:

AW SNAP, time to go back to the future of Equestria. :pinkiehappy:

This is some good work indeed. Please do keep it up. :rainbowlaugh:

9 days later, I finally get the time to read this...
...well that was anti-climactic. I really do hope you continue this, I was expecting a big epic full of twists and turns, something that would do justice to the movies. But I guess it's good if you consider this the first movie, that will (hopefully) be continued.
Even if it is unfinished, you deserve a cookie (:::). Nice story. :derpytongue2:

364915

Thanks! And I might continue it, but my idea for a contiuation would be very random indeed and probably wouldn't be very back to the future-y. there will still be a DeLorean and everything but I have no idea...
But saying that, I'm not sure when/if I would write that as I have plenty of other ideas I'm currently writing and frankly I'm enjoying them more. so don't get your hopes up...:derpytongue2:

364967 This "first story", as I've said, is very familiar to the first movie of BTTF. You could continue by making your version of the 2nd (hopefully also the 3rd) movie. You could include set-pieces from the movies, just make your own version (you nailed this with the Gala and Johnny B. Hoofed). I guess maybe in the 2nd movie the future could be discorded Ponyville, or even better, have technology. You could have hovering scooters, and other neat things. I haven't watched BTTF in many years, so I can't help you much more.

On another note, the musician that said was working on making an actual Johnny B. Hoofed said he was too busy with personal life, and probably won't finish it. Knightmaren11 (working on the game MLP: Rise of Vicis) replied to me, and said he put it on his list of music to do, so don't lose hope yet.

wow this is soo like the actuL MOVIE way to go.

Login or register to comment