• Published 7th Feb 2012
  • 1,537 Views, 28 Comments

BACK TO EQUESTRIA! - The PatioHeater



Rainbow Dash must find a way to bring Twilight... Back to Equestria

  • ...
0
 28
 1,537

PART I

A storm was brewing. And it was a doozy. It was a natural storm, made of magic so Pegasi couldn’t control it like they could normal weather. Rainbow Dash and the other Weather Ponies were on high alert and were in charge of getting everypony to safety.
“Right! Is that everypony?!” Rainbow screamed over the panic-stricken ponies taking shelter in the town hall of Ponyville.
“I think so,” said Derpy Hooves floating next to her.
“How would you know?! You’ve been following me all day, barely helping! You were just staring at the Celestia-damn clouds!”
“I have a list,” Derpy said proudly, holding the list above her head like some kind of trophy.
Rainbow grabbed it. She sighed. “This… says muffin… one hundred times…”
Derpy stared gormlessly at Rainbow Dash for a second, before smiling broadly and letting out a squee.
“Just… just go over there.” Rainbow pointed to the opposite end of the hall, Derpy went there happily.
“Now, I’ll ask again. Is there anypony missing?”
There was some general murmuring from the crowd before somepony who Rainbow Dash so desperately wanted to call Carrot Top shouted above the others, “I think Twilight Sparkle is still out there.” This was accompanied by the agreement of all those around her.
“Oh no.” Rainbow Dash exploded out of the Town Hall in a cloud of rainbow, only having to come back a second later with Derpy slung over her shoulder. “Derpy! Stay here!” she said slowly and clearly.
“Okay, Rainbow Dash.” Derpy saluted and then took up a guard position by the door.
Rainbow Dash sighed, shook her head and then left again with the same amount of speed as before.

“TWILIIIIIIIGHT!” Rainbow shouted continuously as she flew over Ponyville, keeping her eye out for the purple Unicorn. She checked every single building, form Twilight’s Library to Sugar Cube Corner. From Sweet Apple Acres to the house that belonged to the creepy old Earth Pony who liked to give sweets to young Ponies. But she wasn’t anywhere to be found.
“Where could she be?” Rainbow asked herself, getting increasingly worried and scared that she wouldn’t find her. She heard a rumble of distant thunder and instantly knew where Twilight was. She turned around and looked at the steadily approaching vortex of air, sparking with lightning, wrecking all that’s in its way. Rainbow Dash flew at full speed towards it, despite the feelings of dread in her chest. This is one of the few moments when she wished she wasn’t so loyal.

10 seconds later and Rainbow Dash’s worst fears were being realised. There, on the ground, stood Twilight Sparkle, her horn glowing as she took various measurements and made a note of them on a nearby clipboard. “Damn you and your science-y mind, Twilight!” Rainbow flew down and landed angrily in front of her.
“Oh. Hey Rainbow. What are you doing here?”
“Saving your life! C’mon Twilight, we have to get out of here right NOW!” Rainbow roared.
“Hold your horses Dash, I'm nearly done. Just a few more minutes and I should be able to dissipate this storm.”
“No, Twilight. You can NOT control a storm like this, believe me, I’ve tried. Now COME ON MISSY!”
“Oh fine!” Twilight said grudgingly. “Just a few more seconds.” Twilight preformed a little more magic with no apparent effect. “There. That should be enough to do some tests.”
“Come on Twilight! We have to hurry!” Rainbow was becoming more and more scared, the eye of the storm was approaching, and that was where the magic was most concentrated. She started running out of the storm.
“Don’t worry Dash. I can just teleport us out of here!”
“NO TWILIGHT!” Rainbow shouted, but it was too late. Twilight lit up her horn, concentrating on the teleportation spell. Rainbow was about to tackle Twilight down but before she could, a bolt of lightning came down between them, throwing Rainbow aside with a mighty crack of the sound barrier and a blinding flash of light.

Rainbow Dash came to moments later, a shooting pain going through her body and a leg bleeding badly. Her eyes recovered, she could see again. The storm had died down considerably, it was only raining now. “Ha! That lightning strike must have discharged the storm. You alright Twi?” Rainbow looked round to check that Twilight was okay. “Twi?” rainbow Dash stood up and limped over to her. “Twi?” her voice was laden with tears. Twilight was lying on the ground, not moving. Not breathing. “Twi?” Rainbow fell down beside her. “Oh Celestia no. Please! Don’t be dead Twi.” A tear fell from her eye, which she quickly wiped away.
Rainbow knelt down beside her. She looked at the body of one of her closest friends, she didn’t know what to think. Her mind was a mess of confusion and disbelief. She sighed, and reached a hoof down to shut Twilight’s eyes. Or so she thought. Her hoof touched her soft face, and kept going, straight through to the ground. She hadn’t been expecting this so she fell over, her chest falling through Twilight’s side. She pushed herself back up and propped herself on her front hooves.
“What the-?!” Rainbow looked down at Twilight’s body, there was now a segment missing in the place where Rainbow had just fallen. Rainbow moved her hoof through the remainder of Twilight, she seemed to get blown away like a cloud of purple dust. “What the hay is going on here?!”
Rainbow stood up and started looking around in the vain hope that Twilight would be hiding somewhere nearby. She stopped suddenly when she heard a voice shout at her from behind.
“Are you Dash? Rainbow Dash?” the voice was very authoritative.
Rainbow turned around. Behind her, in the glow of the headlights of a car, stood a tan coloured colt wearing a long, black leather coat and a wide hat. He looked threatening.
“Who wants to know?” Rainbow asked arrogantly.
“I have something for you.” He walked towards her, reaching down in his coat to find something. Rainbow Dash watched him cautiously. He pulled out a small leather package. “A letter.”
“A letter? But nopony knows I'm here!”
“We were given this letter with specific instructions to deliver it to somepony matching your description, on this exact spot, at this exact date, at this exact time.”
“Whose it from?”
“We don’t know. In fact we were hoping you could shed some light on the situation.”
Rainbow took the letter and walked over to a headlight of the car so she could read it. The colt popped open an umbrella to shield them from the rain. It read:

Dear Rainbow Dash,
If my calculations are correct, you will receive this letter immediately after you saw me get struck by lightning. First, let me assure you that I am alive and well. I've been living happily these past eight months in a different world known as Earth…

Rainbow skipped to the end and saw who it was from.

Twilight Sparkle

Rainbow Dash couldn’t contain her excitement. She leapt onto the colt and gave him a tight hug.
“Are you alright?”
“She’s alive! She’s on Earth but she’s ALIVE!”
“Is there anything I can do to help?”
“There’s only one Pony who can me help now.” With this, Rainbow exploded off the ground, cracking it slightly and leaving the colt in a cloud of rainbow and confusion.


10 seconds later and Rainbow Dash was back at the Town Hall.
“Rainbow Dash!” shouted Rarity. “Please tell me you found Twilight.” Rarity seemed like she was about to cry if Rainbow said no.
Rainbow ignored her, she wasn’t the Unicorn she needed to see. She looked around blue and white mane of a green-ish mare. She found her. She swooped down stole her away from Bon-bon’s comforting grip, carrying her up into the air.
“LYRA!” Rainbow shouted. “You have to help me!” She looked into her golden eyes and felt them to be strangely calming. She could see why Bon-bon had a crush on her.
“Why? What’s wrong?” Lyra’s voice was quivering slightly with worry.
“It’s Twilight!”
“Oh my gosh! What’s wrong?!” she became scared
“She’s on Earth!”
Lyra stared at her with disbelief. “Do you mean where Humans live?”
“Yes! You were right Lyra, they do exist!”
Lyra snorted with annoyance, “Stop it Rainbow Dash. You’re just trying to make me go off on one of my Human rants so you can laugh at me again.” She looked away angrily.
“I promise that’s not the case this time.”
“Besides, how would you know she’s there?”
“She sent me a letter.” Rainbow held up the letter.
Lyra grabbed it and read furiously quickly. “My Celestia. She’s living… with the HUMANS!” she shouted at the top of her voice, bringing silence across the hall.
“For Celestia’s sake Rainbow Dash,” Bon-bon said angrily. “You just had to get her started again, didn’t you?”
Rainbow ignored her. “Lyra, I need your knowledge of Humans to help.”
“If it’s for Twilight, I’ll do anything,” she said this a bit too romantically for Rainbow’s liking. “Also, if this is gonna prove that Humans exist, I'm your mare!”
“C’mon Lyra, we have to get started right away!” Rainbow flew off, carrying Lyra by the… armpits? Legpits? That bit joining the forelegs and chest. Rainbow Dash had never been so eager to do something before in her entire life, and she wouldn’t stop until Twilight Sparkle was back, safe and sound, in her hooves.
“Start what?”
“We have to bring Twilight back.”
“Back where?”
“Back to Equestria!”