• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 1,553 Views, 30 Comments

Queen Chrysalis' Plan - Ponynumber14346



Chrysalis finds the horn of the most powerful evil unicorn in the history of Equestria, but shenanigans unfold when Sombra's revival doesn't exactly go as planned.

  • ...
4
 30
 1,553

Chapter 5

Discord was dozing softly on a pink cloud drifting over the castle grounds when he was suddenly shaken awake by two Royal Canterlot Voices exploding into a duet of destruction. He rolled over the edge of the cloud and floated down to the earth’s surface as a guard came bolting out of the dungeon entrance.

Discord looked at the fleeing guard and inquired with a dramatic flourish, “What is that beautifully chaotic melody that has graced my ears?” The guard visibly shaking and in a state of shock, managed to sputter out, “Royal sisters…argument… I’m taking break.” And with that he was off running again.
Discord turned back to the gates to listen to the symphonic disarray. With a snap of his fingers he had a small row of theater chairs line up facing the entrance. He sighed to himself, “I haven’t heard such disunity since I had taken over Ponyville, good times.”

Discord sat in a state of bliss as (shoud it be and listened to?) he listened to the altercation carry on. After a few minutes of the racket’s beginning it came to an end. Discord bolted up out of his seat and began clapping heartily, “Encore, encore! Bravo, such gusto, such disharmony!” Discord stood in momentary silence waiting for the broken melody to begin again, but when no sound came forth Discord noticed his stomach had grumbled in displeasure. “Ah yes, a song and a meal what more could one want in an afternoon.” He twisted around and departed for the Castle’s kitchen.

As Discord turned the corner into one of the castle’s door, three figures emerged from the dungeons. Sombra trotted ahead of the two princesses, and with wonder began to take in all of his surroundings. Celestia looked at her sister and stated, “I shall return and see your progress with the mentoring of Sombra. Until then I have a letter to send to Twilight and her friends, I think they should know that the execution is off.” Luna stared back at her sister with a little cocky smile, “Yes, I think that would be best right now.”

Celestia spread her elegant white wings and began to fly towards her tower. Luna turned to watch Sombra as he began to follow a pink butterfly around the court yard. She called out to him like a mother would to their own child, “Sombra, come here please.” Sombra quickly galloped over to Luna and smile.
Luna looked at him and noticed how filthy he was from hiding under the cell’s bed. Luna started leading him to the Castle gate and announced, “We need to get you washed up before dinner comes and then I will show you to your room. Tomorrow I will teach you how to control your magic”

Sombra perked up at the mention of dinner and began running around Luna, asking, “What’s for dinner?” Before Luna could answer he began listing off his favorite foods at one hundred miles per hour, “I like hay, mommy always gave me hay for dinner, but I liked the dandelions that grew in our castle’s yard more. Sometime we had eggs for breakfast, do you like eggs? ‘Cause I do! Oh, and sometime I got candy for dessert.”

Luna listened to the child ramble, as she led him towards a large bathroom. When they arrived she gave an order to a blue unicorn with a soap bar cutie mark, “Miss Shimmer Bright, take him in and give him a good scrubbing. Make sure he is shining when he comes down for dinner.”

Shimmer bowed, “Yes your highness.” The she opened the door with her magic, and gestured to Sombra saying, “Follow me please.” Sombra eyed up the servant questioningly and glanced at Luna. “Go on, you’ll be fine, you’ll see me again at dinner.” Sombra warily walked into the bathroom and was instantly filled with wonder. The room was a calming white marble and was about the size of Chrysalis’ library. In the middle of the room was a massive bath in the floor with a single spire coming out of the center. Sombra watched in awe as the unicorn used her magic to turn the handles on the silver faucets lining the spire. Steaming water and many colored soaps began creating a rising pool of foam. When the bath was full Shimmer lifted Sombra with her magic and placed him in the water.

Sombra suddenly met with the boiling water and began thrashing against her magic hold. He yelled out in pain, “GAH, help! Luna, mommy, somepony! I’m being cooked by a crazy pony!” Shimmer tightened her grip on the colt and pushed him into sizzling water. She used her magic to press a ‘call help’ button on the wall and within seconds two more ponies rushed in. The duo was a silver pegasus stallion with an aqua mane and hair brush cutie mark and the other, a yellow pony with tan hair and a cutie mark shaped like a shampoo bottle.

The stallion flew forward, “What’s the problem?” Shimmer relayed in an authoritative voice, “We got a code Yellow on our hooves here.” The earth pony rushed forward, “Code Yellow? Oh, Celestia! We haven’t had one of those since Blue Blood was a foal.” Shimmer belted out orders while trying to hold Sombra in the tub, “Sleek Shine fly over him and start scrubbing! Honey Scrub administer the soaps!”

Outside of the bathroom a team of guards was strolling past. They heard a voice squeal out, “AH! You got soap in my eyes! Get away from me you monsters!” The cry of anger was met with an aggravated voice, “Stop struggling so much and it won’t happen!” The squeaking voice screeched, “You’re ripping my fur out with that brush!” The guards stopped to listen to the pandemonium. One leaned over to the other and remarked, “I thought Blue Blood took his baths in the northern wing?” The other replied back, “I don’t know if that’s Blue Blood, the squeals are too deep.” The first guard acknowledged that, “Yeah Blue Blood screams like a little filly when Celestia forces him to take a bath.”

Author's Note:

This chapter I was trying to go for a more light hearted feeling, because it isn’t like we were subject to an argument about the public execution of a child or anything last chapter. Also I decided to try and bring the word count of each chapter closer to 1,000 because that last one I felt was getting a bit long. Originally this chapter was about 2,000 words long, but I divided it into two shorter chapters instead.

Comments ( 3 )

2462917 I hate to say it but your right... it needs some work. Would you mind giving me some critisizim on my fics? no one seems to want to tell me what im doing wrong.

“Yeah Blue Blood screams like a little filly when Celestia forces him to take a bath.”

That's solid, embarrassing gold.

In rl, I scream like a filly when I have my hair washed.

Login or register to comment