• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 1,553 Views, 30 Comments

Queen Chrysalis' Plan - Ponynumber14346



Chrysalis finds the horn of the most powerful evil unicorn in the history of Equestria, but shenanigans unfold when Sombra's revival doesn't exactly go as planned.

  • ...
4
 30
 1,553

Chapter 1

Queen Chrysalis stood over the sleeping foal. Being careful not to wake him from his sleep, he studied him carefully. The small colt resembled its older counterpart closely, but there was an aura of innocence surrounding him, which was unlike the usual aura of evil that was usually felt by anypony who was in his presence. His mane was still black and was a lot like that of a lion’s (A lion is a large cat that comes from the same lands as zebras).

While observing Sombra, Queen Chrysalis accidently bumped into the side of the table and the obvious occurred. Sombra woke up. His eyelids slowly slid upward and immediately revealed the signature glowing eyes of King Sombra. However, these eyes were not full of hatred, but rather, curiosity. He looked up at the changeling queen before him with curiosity glistening in his eyes.

“Mommy?”

Queen Chrysalis was surprised by this. The foal could already speak. She could tell from this that he was a very intelligent pony and would prove quite useful in her plans to take over Equestria. She could almost taste victory. But she was a bit taken back by what he had called her. She guessed it made sense, but she didn’t like it. She had a kingdom to take care of and didn’t have time to be a “Mommy”. But she decided that she would go along with it only because she could use it to her advantage.

“Go to sleep my child. For you have a big day tomorrow”, she whispered sweetly to his ears.

Her words were like that of a lullaby and made Sombra very drowsy. Soon, he closed his eyes and went to sleep. Once she was sure he was asleep, Queen Chrysalis picked up the foal carefully with her telekinesis and kept him close to her chest. She then started to walk over to her room in the castle. While carrying him over, Sombra readjusted himself in his sleep to be comfortable and grabbed onto neck in a self-conscious hug. Queen Chrysalis, admittedly, found this to be quite nice and comfortable. His heartbeat against her chest was relaxing and his body heat kept her warm. She almost kissed his forehead like a real mother would do, but stopped herself.

“C’mon Chrysalis, don’t get soft over a little foal. He is a tyrannical beast whose only purpose is to be a pawn in your plan”.

After a bit of walking, she reached her room and walked in. She set Sombra on her bed off in the corner and stood back a bit. She concentrated her magic and started to perform an age spell on the sleeping Sombra. In order for him to properly help her, she couldn’t have him continue to be a foal. It also would keep her from getting attached to him. Unfortunately (Or fortunately depending on the way you look at it), she was stopped midway. One of her subjects had walked through the door during the spell. She quickly stopped performing the spell and hid Sombra under the covers of her bed.

“Uh...What are you doing here? Don’t you know how to knock”?

A bit surprised, the changeling responded with: “Oh…There is some-“

She interrupted him midsentence and said “Well, tell him to come back later. I’m in the middle of something”.

“He needs to speak with you though. It’s urgent”.

“Fine”, she said finally and sighed as she walked outside of her room with the changeling, leaving Sombra behind underneath the covers. He was asleep though, which meant everything should be fine.

“This better be important”.

After Queen Chrysalis had left, there was a small yawn coming from the Queen’s room. Nopony, of course, heard it. Everypony else was either starving or busy with their jobs. The yawn had come from Sombra who had just woken from his sleep. Sombra was no longer a foal now. Instead, he was now a bit younger than a schoolchild.

With some difficulty, Sombra managed to get himself out from underneath the covers. He looked a bit like a Labrador puppy with a black mane like a lion. He looked around the room and stumbled across the bed which was huge to him. As we “walked”, he tripped over the unevenness of the soft surface beneath him. But he managed to reach the edge of the bed. The floor below was so far away and Sombra cowered away from the edge. But he mustered up some courage and attempted to reach the ground below. This didn’t go too well. He fell off the edge of the bed and landed on a pillow that fell there when Queen Chrysalis hid him under the covers.

He let out a small cry, but nopony could hear him. He felt pain in his leg, but this feeling soon went away when the horn on his head started glowing along with his hurt leg. In just a few moments, his leg was completely healed. This went by unnoticed from Sombra. He was still, technically, a newborn and had no knowledge of any magical abilities he may have. All he noticed was that his leg stopped hurting and that was enough for him.

After recovering from his fall, he walked over to the door. The door impeded him from reaching the outside world. Wanting to escape the strange room he woke up in, he tried pushing the door with his soft back. But it didn’t work. He was too small to even make the door budge. He looked up at the doorknob and found that if he looked at it in a certain way, it would turn. Curious to see what would happen, he kept turning the doorknob until the door opened a bit. Sombra noticed this and took advantage of it. He pushed open the door and walked outside.

The outside world was much different than inside the room he had just been in. Instead of purple, the walls were now stone. The floor was made of the same material as the walls, but a purple rug with red and golden trims lay on the stone floor. Sombra was a bit taken back by this new world, but decided to go exploring.

He walked down some stairs he found and found himself in a room of grand scale. Over in the center of the room was a figure. This creature felt connected to Sombra in a way he didn’t understand. Sombra hid behind a pot near him and watched the creature. She (He assumed it was a she) was speaking with a figure similar to her, but a bit smaller. After a bit more talking, the smaller creature shook hooves with the larger one and left the room through a door at the front of the room.

“BANG!”

Behind Sombra, a changeling went into a room and slammed the door behind him. This sound scared Sombra and caused him to come out from the pot and gallop to the figure in the middle of the room.

“Mommy!” he said sub-consciously as he galloped over to the figure in the center of the room. Once he had reached her, he held on tightly to one of her legs, which had holes in them for some reason.

Queen Chrysalis was surprised to see a small grey colt hugging one of her forelegs. She picked him up with her telekinesis and got a better look at him. She realized that it was King Sombra after observing him.

My spell must have stopped midway when I stopped performing it. Perhaps him as a colt could work too”, she thought to herself.

Going along with being Sombra’s “mommy”, she said “What are you doing here sweetheart? It’s late and you should be sleeping”.

With that, she carried him up to her room and summoned a small bed for Sombra. She tucked him into the bed and wished him a good night.

Queen Chrysalis was tired as well so she climbed into her bed and got under the covers. She turned off the light and went to sleep. In the morning, she was surprised when she woke up to find a small grey colt sleeping close to her side.