• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 1,553 Views, 30 Comments

Queen Chrysalis' Plan - Ponynumber14346



Chrysalis finds the horn of the most powerful evil unicorn in the history of Equestria, but shenanigans unfold when Sombra's revival doesn't exactly go as planned.

  • ...
4
 30
 1,553

Chapter 2

Queen Chrysalis had received some very interesting news from the messenger yesterday. It turns out that Princess Celestia was planning on sending the statue of Discord, the god of chaos, to the town of Ponyville. Queen Chrysalis had heard of Ponyville before, but she had never been there before. She did know that Twilight Sparkle lived there along with her friends.

I believe it is time to put Sombra to good use, she thought to herself.

Lying around in bed was not going to help her carry out her plan. Queen Chrysalis slowly got out of the bed, careful not to wake Sombra, who was sleeping in front of her chest. Not that she cared for him at all. No, she was a feared opponent of Equestria and did not care for little colts. With that, she nudged him until he woke up. His eyelids slowly went up and he let out a small yawn. He looked up at Chrysalis wondering why he had been woken.

“Good morning sweetheart.”

Sombra ignored this and laid his head back down on the bed, ready to go back to sleep.

“Come on and get up. You have a big day today” she said as she used her telekinesis to lift him back up. Sombra was unhappy about this, but eventually gave in to his “mother’s” wishes and listened to what she had to say.

“Today, I will be teaching you about all the things you need to know about this world”.

----------

A few weeks have passed since Sombra’s arrival in the Changeling Kingdom. Queen Chrysalis had been teaching Sombra all the things a young colt needs to know such as proper equestrian (This is language that is spoken in Equestria), math, history, science, and some lessons on using magic. For a colt, Sombra was very skilled in magic. He could perform spells that most unicorns couldn’t do until they reach one of the higher levels of magic. Queen Chrysalis assumed that he inherited these abilities from his older self. King Sombra had been a very powerful unicorn who had ruled Equestria once with an iron fist. He was cruel, ruthless, and downright evil. But how could he change so dramatically from an evil tyrant to an innocent colt. It made no sense to Chrysalis, for when she gave him lessons, he was always extremely polite and kind. But he still had the same boldness he had as an adult. He was always eager to answer a question and was extremely proud of himself when he got it right.

But some of his old self remained within him. He occasionally showed a bit of a temper when he got something wrong on a question. He refused to admit he got the answer wrong and yelled at his “mother” when she tried to correct him. But other than that, he was an unusually sweet colt, especially for one who had once been the King of Evil.

Today, Queen Chrysalis received another visit from her messenger. It turns out that Princess Celestia had sent the statue of Discord to Ponyville. She was planning on having some of the ponies there try to reform him. After hearing the news, she thanked the messenger for his time and trotted up to her room. This new piece of information surprised Chrysalis.

Wow Celestia. You really think a couple of random ponies can reform Discord, the god of chaos, she thought to herself with a smirk on her face.

But Chrysalis knew that she couldn’t take any chances. She planned on recruiting Discord for her plan. If the ponies actually did manage to reform Discord, then her plan would be ruined. She had to stop them before it was too late. This is where Sombra comes in. She was going to send him to Ponyville and have him sabotage the attempt to reform Sombra. Queen Chrysalis had tried to invoke hatred toward ponies in Sombra’s heart, but it was no use. He was simply too innocent to actually have hatred for somepony.

Queen Chrysalis walked down the hallway to her room. She opened the door and found Sombra playing with one of her brushes on top of her vanity she kept on the left side of the room. He was trying to brush his wild mane, but it wasn’t working out too well. The brush kept on getting stuck in his hair. She smiled when she saw this and walked over to him. Using her magic, she picked him and set him on her bed. She took the brush and started fixing his hair. This would be the moment she would use to explain her plan to him.

“Sweetheart, we need to talk.”

“Yes mommy?” he said innocently.

“Today will be the last day you will spend with me for a while.”

“Wait, what?” he exclaimed with worry.

“Let me explain. I am sending you to a town called Ponyville so you can do a favor for me.”

She continued to explain her plan to Sombra the best she could. But he wouldn’t listen. He, being a colt, had gotten attached to his “mommy” over the past few weeks, like any normal child would.

“But I want to stay her with you!” he shouted. There were tears forming in his eyes and little droplets were streaming down his face.

“Enough, Sombra. You will do this for me. I know you can. You are a strong and intelligent young colt” she said. In an attempt to calm him, she lied and said: “You mean everything to me and I would never do this if I didn’t know you can.” This didn’t work at all.

“No! I’m staying here with you. I don’t want to go to Ponyville!” He was sobbing by now and was hugging onto Queen Chrysalis’ foreleg. Queen Chrysalis shook him off and set him back on the bed.

“Sombra, stop. You are behaving like a child.”

“But I am a child!” he wailed. “I won’t leave you mommy!”

Queen Chrysalis was down to the last straw. Ignoring his pleas, she started to concentrate. A green aura blanketed her horn and she aimed it at Sombra.

“Mommy! No!” he shouted. “Mom-“

He was cut off midsentence. The spell had already hit him and he was gone. Queen Chrysalis didn’t kill him, of course. All she did was teleport him away to Ponyville. Queen Chrysalis sighed and got into her bed. She was sure that Sombra would come to senses and fulfill his role in her plan. But why did she get a bad feeling about this.

Deciding to ignore this, she shut off her lights and closed her eyes. She reached down to feel Sombra’s silky fur. Even though he had his own bed, he still hopped up onto her bed and slept with her each night. But when she reached down, all she felt was the cold cover of her bed.

In Ponyville, most of the ponies were sleeping. It was late at night and everypony needed their rest in order to get through the next day. Some ponies worked while some played. But all of them needed rest. So it wouldn’t have been a surprise if no one had noticed a flash coming out from the fountain in town square. But surprisingly, there was still one pony that was still up at this late hour. She was sleeping in her cottage when she had a strange urge to go to the town hall, as if somepony had left something for her there. So she left her cottage and walked into town. It was no surprise to the pony (Who was a mare if anypony wanted to know) when she found the place empty. The full moon’s shine reflected off of her soft pink hair and yellow coat. When she reached the town square, she noticed a small light coming out of fountain that had always been there. She was initially frightened by this, but curiosity eventually got the best of her and she approached the fountain. When she looked down into the waters, she expected it to just be the moon shining on a bit somepony had thrown in for a wish. But she was surprised to find a wet colt with a black mane crying in the water. She quickly pulled him out and held him to her chest to keep him warm. He was shivering and soaking wet.

“W-Where’s M-Mommy” he whimpered through his sobs.

“It’s ok. You can stay with me in my cottage until the morning. Then we can find your mommy” she whispered reassuringly.

The small pony nodded his head and the mare held him tight and carried him to her cottage. Once she had gotten to her destination, she quietly opened her front door, making sure not to wake any of her animals. A lot of animals lived with this pony and she cared for each and every one of them. By now, the colt had fallen asleep. The kind pony took him to her bed and tucked him in. She whispered him a good night and went out into her living room. There, she fell asleep on the couch that was there. Curiosity filled Fluttershy’s mind while she slept. (The pony’s name was Fluttershy)