• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 1,553 Views, 30 Comments

Queen Chrysalis' Plan - Ponynumber14346



Chrysalis finds the horn of the most powerful evil unicorn in the history of Equestria, but shenanigans unfold when Sombra's revival doesn't exactly go as planned.

  • ...
4
 30
 1,553

Chapter 4

Queen Chrysalis was inside her library. The library, as said before, was the highest point in her castle and was the only place she could go to find recluse. She had been watching a crystal ball sitting on a table that was in her room. The crystal ball shined purple all around and gave off an aura of energy. In the center of it was a moving picture of Sombra hiding behind a yellow pony. Queen Chrysalis had wanted to track Sombra’s progress when he was Ponyville. She needed to make sure he was doing what she wanted him to do. So far, he had failed miserably at everything.

First off, he had failed to stop the ponies from reforming Discord. Second, he had let himself get captured by that mare that went by the name of Fluttershy. Finally, he went and told everypony that she was practically the one responsible for his rebirth.

Why did I think he could do this? She thought to herself.

Queen Chrysalis continued to watch the shining ball of crystal. She watched Princess Celestia have Sombra carried to the white chariot. She watched them put Sombra in hoofcuffs. Queen Chrysalis knew why she was doing this. She had, after all, seen the other ponies tell Celestia about how Sombra was there. She was scared by the fact that they knew Chrysalis had done the deed of bringing back the dead king. However she decided she would just be fine because they didn’t know the location of her castle.

She continued to watch the scene unfold. Everything seemed to be doing just fine. Sombra would be taken to the castle dungeon. She could then use magic to have him escape his cell. They would then take over the Castle and, eventually, take over the entire kingdom. This would be a turning point in Queen Chrysalis’ plan to get food for her subjects. Not only could she then use all the love of Canterlot to feed the starving changelings, but owning Canterlot could assist her in taking over all of Equestria. Yes, everything was fine. But it was Celestia’s next words that shocked the changeling queen.

You may visit him tomorrow before his execution.

Queen Chrysalis was very much surprised by these words. Would Celestia really hang a colt? That seemed a bit harsh. But then again, King Sombra had once ruled over Equestria and wasn’t really the nicest stallion around. But this Sombra was different. Queen Chrysalis knew this from experience. It was one of the reasons that Sombra was having trouble carrying out his part in her plan. Queen Chrysalis chuckled a bit from the image of Sombra being hanged. It would be kind of funny to see him like that. But she needed him alive and a hanged Sombra, no matter how hilarious, wouldn’t cut it.

A chariot pulled by two white pegasi with golden armor soared through a cloud filled sky. Inside the chariot sat a majestic white alicorn with a colorful flowing mane. Next to her sat a crying grey colt with hoofcuffs. He had a thick black mane and bright colorful eyes that had color trailing behind them.

The chariot soared through the sky and past the clouds, which looked a lot like giant marshmallows from their position, until they approached a great rocky mountain. On the side of the mountain was a kingdom. Even though he was upset, Sombra’s head picked up at the sight of Canterlot. The kingdom was made up of a great castle with towers all around and a town below. The kingdom looked like it was about to fall off the mountain, but it never did and never will. Princess Celestia had magic supporting the castle below so it wouldn’t fall.

There was a garden right in front of the castle. There were colorful flowers all around with the aroma of spring. This garden also served as a landing pad for the princess’ chariot. Speaking of which, the chariot was coming in now. The sun shined behind the sun goddess’ chariot, casting a shadow on the grassy land below. As it got closer, it made contact with the earth and rolled forward a bit until stopping. The two stallions unhooked themselves and walked over to the side, waiting for their princess’ next request. The princess stepped outside of the chariot and shouted an order to her guards.

“Take him to the dungeon at the gallows! He will wait there until tomorrow.” The white stallions lead the colt off to the dungeons to await his fate.


Just then a dark blue alicorn with a mane that resembled the night sky walked forward. “Hello sister,” Princess Luna said, “I presume your visit to Ponyville went without a problem. What was it that Twilight needed assistance with?”

They began to walk down the corridors of the castle and towards the throne room. “She and her friends discovered the source of the Reborn Spell that was cast recently.”

“Oh? This is good news then. Who cast it and on whom was it preformed?”

Celestia and Luna entered the throne room. It was a spacious hall filled with tapestries and stained glass windows telling the tales of Equestria’s history. She turned and spoke, “Queen Chrysalis used the spell to revive one of the most vile unicorns in existence.”

Luna exclaimed in shock, “Chrysalis? She is the one behind this? And by, the most vile unicorn, you mean…”

“Yes, King Sombra has made his return.” Celestia said in a hardened tone. She noticed the concern on Luna’s face and quickly added, “Do not worry Twilight and her friends had captured him and turned him over to me.”

Luna looked slightly disappointed and muttered, “Oh, okay….”

“Are you alright Luna?” Celestia asked noticing her sisters discomfort.

“No I’m fine, really.” Luna said with a fake grin. What Luna had really wanted to say is, The fate of Equestria is in peril and you don’t tell me till after it is taken care of?! You did the same exact thing when Discord returned and the Changeling! Honestly I feel like you don’t even want my help. Luna and Celestia stared at each other and after an awkward silence she asked, “So can I see Sombra? I haven’t seen him for over a thousand years.”

Celestia glad to have changed the subject quickly answered, “Yeah, I had the guards move him to the dungeon beneath the gallows when we got back.”

The two princesses began their trek through the castle in silence. They made their way past guards and servants all of whom would stop and salute or bow to the royal pair. When they arrived at the gallows Celestia and Luna began a descent down a stone stair way and into an ill-lit hallway. Once they reached the bottom Celestia stepped approached the guard stationed in front of a steel door and asked, “How is the prisoner? He hasn’t caused any problems has he?”

The guard looked up at her as stated in a matter-of-fact tone, “The kid hasn’t made a single sound since we locked him up. I don’t honestly know why we threw a sniveling colt into a top security cell.”

Luna shook her head in shock, “Kid, sniveling colt? Celestia what is that supposed to mean?” Celestia turned her head and admitted, “I forgot to mention one little thing about Sombra’s return.” Celestia reached for the small window on the door and slid it open. Luna peered inside, at first she couldn’t see anything but then her eyes caught sight of a small colt curled up under the cot in the corner. He appeared to be shivering and whimpering in his sleep. Sombra turned over in his sleep and cried out, “Mommy? Where are you mommy?”

Luna turned and faced Celestia, “That is Sombra? ...As in the Terrible Crystal King of the North, the Dark Enslaver of Thousands, and the Murderer of the Multitudes?”

Celestia looked Luna in the eyes and simply said, “Yes that is him.”

Luna in disbelief asked with mounting anger said, “You are honestly going to hang a colt?”

“Yes.”

“In front of hundreds of ponies?”

“Yes, Luna is something wrong?”

Luna’s mind snapped at this question, “Is something wrong? Is Something Wrong? YES SOMETHING IS WRONG!” Celestia and the guard stood in silent shock. Luna kept on ranting, “Since when did we kill children in this nation? Tell me this.”

Celestia who had just regaining her composure, yelled back, “That isn’t a kid that is the Monster King, King Sombra.” The entire dungeon began shaking from the force of two Royal Canterlot Voices colliding. The guard decided at this point it would be best if he took his break now.

Luna reeled at her sister, “Since when did Monster Kings cry in their sleep?”

Celestia once again shouted, “That is Sombra, the same pony who enslaved an entire race of ponies and tried to take over Equestria!”

From inside the cell they heard Sombra’s voice begin to crying out in fear, “Mommy, help me mommy. Where are you, it's dark.” This was then followed by the sound of tiny hooves beating on the inside of the door. Sombra began to shout in terror, “Mommy where are you I’m here where are you?!”

Luna’s anger subsided and became that of pity. She turned and looked Celestia square in the face, “Are you sure that that is Sombra. Listen good and long and tell me you are willing to kill this child.”

Celestia beginning to feel shame muttered, “I … Luna I’m sorry but it is for the good of Equestria.”

Luna now drained said in a flat tone, “Are you honestly going to kill an innocent child for the mistakes of a grown stallion?”

Celestia lowered her head, “But, I….no.”

Luna turned to the steel door and it glowed with an aura like the night sky. Dead bolt throughout the entire door could be heard sliding open. The door swung open and Sombra scampered away and dove back under the bed. Luna stepped into the dull lit cell and softly walked towards the cot where Sombra was hidden. Luna in as soft of a voice as possible called out to him, “Hello you don’t have to be afraid anymore. I won’t hurt you and I’m going to make sure nopony else does.” There was no reply from under the bed. Luna tried again, “My name is Luna you can trust me and I promise that nopony will hurt you now will you come out?”

A small sniff and then a quivering reply came out from under the bed, “Y-you mean it? No more scary ponies will hurt me?” Luna paused for a second and looked at Celestia who was standing in the door way embarrassed about her previous behavior. Luna turned back to Sombra and stated, “Yes nopony will treat you bad anymore.” Sombra asked with more confidence now, “Will I get to see mommy again?” This time Luna less sure of herself said, “It may be awhile before you get to see mommy again but I promise that I’ll try and help you as much as I can.”

Sombra clambered out from under the bed and looked up at her with his tear stained face. It was the first time Luna got a good look at the Colt. Luna was shocked, he was in fact the spitting image of King Sombra just miniaturized. His aura surrounded eyes were blood shot, but they still looked at Luna with a feeling of trust. “Come on lets get out of this scary place,” Luna said in a comforting tone as she gestured towards the door. Sombra looked uneasily at Celestia standing in the door way. Celestia lowered her head, backed away, and murmured, “I’m…sorry, I-I don’t know what I was thinking.” Sombra unsure of Celestia hung close to Luna as they left the cell.

They began climbing the set of stairs out of the dungeon. They stepped out of the doorway and into the bright daylight. Sombra instantly felt better once the sunlight hit him. He began to trot a little bit quicker as he looked around at the grand castle without fear this time. Luna and Celestia trailing behind him began to talk. “What are we going to do with him now?” Celestia inquired. Luna smiled and looked at Celestia, “You know, I always wanted a student of my own and I think Sombra needs a bit of direction with his new chance at life.” Celestia looked from Sombra to Luna and said, “I sure hope you know what you are getting into.”

Author's Note:

Hi there I’m Ponynumber14346 (also known as Trent on MLPforums.com)As I stated in the description Blue_Moon wrote the first few chapters of this story. This is the first chapter written by me. I hope you all liked it and continue to follow this story.