• Published 17th Apr 2013
  • 1,159 Views, 10 Comments

Painting Tiaras - MomoCake



Being a bully may just be a cover for how she really feels. The feeling of not being able to be herself.

  • ...
1
 10
 1,159

IV: Let It Out

~

You’ll never amount to nothing if you continue to live your life in the clouds! An artist, really?! How ridiculous!
~


I turned my head quickly to find Apple Bloom behind me. I was in shock. I didn't think anyone stayed behind from class. How long was she waiting there?

“Are you okay Diamond Tiara? You look sad.” She moved closer to me with a face of concern.

It’s like my voice would not work I just sat there starting at her. So many thoughts rushed through my head.

She continued to look at me and it looked as if she tried to get closer to me.

“St..stop right there!” My voice was weak and I couldn't help but stutter.

She looked at me bewildered but continued to move closer and stretch-out her hoof too me.

I looked at her as she got closer and I snapped out of my pity party and smacked her hoof away from me.

“Stay away!” I said as I got up.

She whined a little and pulled her hoof back to her.

“All I wanted was to make sure you were okay Diamond Tiara” her eyes looked down and I could see tears starting to form.

“I don’t need you to check on me! You should have minded your own business!” I was making myself angrier than I was, trying to scare her away.

“Diamond!” she yelled, it stunned me. I've never heard Apple Bloom raise her voice to anyone, especially me.

I stayed quiet as she raised her eyes to match mine; a few tears have begun falling from them.

“Why do you push everyone away from ya?! All I wanted was to be nice! What’s wrong with you?!”
For some reason hearing that made tears flow from my eyes, how it could be that she was able to make me feel this bad?

I tried to speak back, to yell but my voice wouldn't work again all I wanted to do was cry. I sat down and hid my face in my hooves and started letting my tears fall.

I could feel Apple Bloom looking at me; I could hear her hard breather, probably from being so angry. Then I felt a hoof on my shoulder.

I raised my tear soaked face to see her sitting next to me, tears running down her face as well. She wrapped her hooves around me and I realized she was giving me a hug. I wanted to push her away but my body wasn't listening to me. We sat there and cried together.

There’s no point in hiding it now, just let it all out.

"I’m…I’m so sorry Apple Bloom, for the way I treat you, for making you hurt, I’m sorry for everything."

I turned and looked at her to find her eyes staring into mine, she almost looked confused. I could understand why too.

"I'm not playing a trick on you, I am truly sorry for everything, I just...i don't know why i did it." I could feel more tears starting to fall.

"I'm just so angry, but not at you, at myself. I don't know if you understand but.."

I was silenced as Apple Bloom began to hug me tightly again.

"You don't have to explain anything Diamond, I understand and I accept your apology."

I didn't want to push away this time, it felt so nice to be comforted. She pulled away from me slowly and we wiped our tears away.

I felt so happy for once i let out a giggle and I kept giggling until it turned into laughter.

Apple Bloom slowly began laughing until she joined me fully. We sat and laughed together with little tears rolling down our cheeks, but this time they were happy tears.

I put my hoof around her shoulder as our laughing slowly stopped until they were silent giggles again.

"Thank you Apple Bloom! Thank you so much!" i said with a smile on my face, a real smile.

She smiled back at me "Thanks for what though?"

"For treating me like a friend, for making me happy, for making me feel like i'm not an outsider."

She smiled at me again and looked over to see my sketch book. She got up and walked over to it, I followed.

She picked it up and handed it to me.

"Why would you feel like an outsider Diamond Tiara?"

I looked down at my drawing and frowned, then raised my head to look her in the eyes, She looked confused again.

I sat in the grass and waited for Apple Bloom to join me. I started to flip through my sketches, making sure Apple Bloom could see them as well.

She stopped me on every drawing and talk about what she liked.

"Wow! Those flowers are so pretty! they look so real!"

"Thank you so much!" I would giggle, this is the first time anyone I knew personally saw anything I've drawn. I enjoyed the compliments, the actual care in what i did.

We completed going trough my whole sketch book, i closed it and sat it in my lap. I Put my hooves together as i wondered. I saw Apple Bloom looking at me, wondering what i was going to saw or do.

"Apple Bloom, if I told you something, would you keep it a secret?" I kept my face down.

She sat silent for a while but then i could sense her nod, "Of course i will Diamond! I'l keep it a secret forever!"

"Thank you Apple Bloom!" I looked at her and hugged her tightly and she returned the embrace. "I think its time someone knew."

"Knew what Diamond?" She said as she slowly pulled out of our embrace.

I looked at her and smiled, "Its time, someone knew the truth"

Then from behind her i could see the class returning, I felt my heart sink and my hooves started to shake. No once else can know!

I pushed Apple Bloom away from me.

"Ow! Diamond what's going on?!"

"Nothing, you.. You stay away from me!" I picked up my bag and sketch book and ran towards the classroom.

I could hear Apple Bloom yelling behind me, I could hear the sadness in her voice.

"But I thought we were gonna be friends now Diamond Tiara! I thought we were friends!"

Though I was running away from her, her voice was loud and clear in my head, i could even hear her crying. I just could't tell her, not here, not in front of anyone else. Small tears began to fall again but I kept running away.

What did I just do?

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for updating so late, I am as you call "Lazy." But I shall try to update more often for now on.

Comments ( 4 )

This kinda felt like a cop out chapter.

Like, here. A bunch of stuff resolved.

2718375
honestly i felt like i was dragging it on too long XD
but i added a little more, tell me if its any better.

Looks like you're trying to ship Applebloom and Diamond Tiara together as well as show a different side to Diamond. At the very least, friendshipping.:pinkiehappy:

well I would have rather Diamond be more trusting of Silver Spoon with her secret but otherwise this a compelling look into Diamond's psyche and motivations. I love Diamond as a troubled artist.:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment