• Published 17th Apr 2013
  • 1,159 Views, 10 Comments

Painting Tiaras - MomoCake



Being a bully may just be a cover for how she really feels. The feeling of not being able to be herself.

  • ...
1
 10
 1,159

I: The Normal Day Routine

My eyes open slowly but soon become clear, the morning ritual of looking around as if I forgot where I fell asleep. It’s another day waking up in this horrible room with tiaras and expensive toys covering the floor. I hate this room I thought as I always did as I awoke. Lavender walls with white stripes that flow up and down surround me, as light pink drapes covering the early morning sun. But even in the sunrises’ weak light I see this disgusting room. I hate myself for allowing my parents to decide how my room was going to look when we moved in.

It's Wednesday, time to get up.
I crawled out of bed and walk over to my night stand as take a hard look at myself in the mirror. I see my purple and white mane, messy of course. I do a little shake and the waves of my mane are perfect once again.

Then I see my crust covered blue eyes still red and droopy from the effects of waking up. I walk over to the bathroom to wash my face and again look at myself in the bathroom mirror but all I see is a frown. I look down at myself to find my flank; the paint has smeared once again.

I wipe off the remaining paint to see nothing, but a blank flank. I walk back into my room to find my stencils I’ve been using for the past months. A stencil of a tiara, just as my father and mother wished I had. I bite onto a paintbrush and begin repainting the design, I’ve grown so used to this patter I can refresh it in a matter of minutes.

I place the stencils in a specific position, one where I lay on my side to press on the stencil to my right flank then roll over to press on my left flank. One I lay long enough I stand to let the paint dry, it only takes about five minutes before I don’t have to worry about it smearing for at least 2 days unless I get wet in some way.

I walk over to my night stand once again and look at myself, what am I missing? Oh yes, of course, that horrid tiara.

I look to the ground and find one that looks like I haven’t worn it in a while, according to fashion you can’t wear the same thing too often. I place it on my head and look in the mirror again. I do a little turn to see myself in all angles and feel disgusted.

Lying about my cutie mark, living this lie…
“Oh Diamond dear! Come down for breakfast! It’s almost time for school!”

I sigh, “Yes mother!”

I grab my bag that I use for school; inside I place paper of course for class notes, a tiara to continue the show of my 'talent.' I walk into the deepest part of my closet and grab my current sketch book, where I keep my doodles, my paintings, the truth; and also grab some water colors and brushes and place them at the bottom of my bag.


Down stairs I sit at the table, in front of me a breakfast consisting of a waffle with a strawberry on top with a glass of orange juice, courtesy of my mother.

“Thank you mother, it looks delicious”

“Well it tastes even better dear” she says with her back turned to me as she washed dishes.

I nod and begin to eat, i'm not very hungry this morning but I'll eat it anyways, for my mother.

My father comes down from upstairs and sits across from me at the table. He says the usual ‘good morning’ and picks up his newspaper and begins to read. I hate this paper that hangs between us but then I see what’s written on this week’s edition.

All artists from around Equestria! Come join us this Saturday for the Art extravaganza of the year!Thrown once a year, this art gathering brings ponies from all around, with all different mediums to show off what they’ve got! Young and old ponies; new school and traditional art will be showcased. Also a filly completion, the winner will get to go to one of the most accredited art schools in all of Canterlot! Come join us in Ponyville!

I happened to have crawled onto the table while I was reading, my jaw dropped, art school!

I returned to my seat

“Daaaad! May I see the paper once you’re done with it?”

He lowered the paper to allow one of his eyes to look at me curiously, “Of course Diamond, but can I ask why you have such an interest in the paper this morning?”

“Nothing! Can I just have the paper?”

“Umm, Sure” he folds the paper and hands it to me

Once it touches my hoof I open it up to read the front page one again to see if I misread any information.

“YES!” I squeal in excitement

“What is it darling?” My father asked and begins to peak at what I’m reading

“Noooothing!” I say annoyed, “I’m going to school now.”

I jump off my seat with my plate empty and stuffed the paper into my bag and walked to the front door and opened it.

“Thank you for breakfast mother! I love you two! I’ll see you after school”

I slam the door and I could hear my parents’ voices behind me, asking each other what I was so interested in as well as why I left in such a hurry.

I sighed and headed off to school, but my head is filled with ideas at the moment. What will I paint for this competition? Do they want something specific? Do they have an ideal medium? The questions were endless but I loved it.

I swear I had a skip in my step thinking of the possibility of me going to an art school, something I’ve always wanted.

“Heeey! Diamond Tiara!”

I clicked out of my little day dream to find Silver Spoon in front of me

“Heey Silver Spoon!” and we proceed to do our special hoofshake.

“You’re look especially happy today!”

“Suure, I’m just happy I haven’t had to deal with any blank flanks this morning” I said with a smirk

“Of course! Gosh you’d think ponies would find they’re special talent by now!” She continued my teases.

We walk and laugh together as we always do in the morning as we walked to the schoolhouse.

All I have to do I get through class until recess, then I can sneak off and read the rest of the article.

“Diamond! Are you even listening to me?” Spoon sounded agitated

“huh?! Yes I’m listening!”

“Well look then!” She said with a smile, pointing her hoof at ‘the crusaders’, as they called themselves. “It’s the blank flanks! This should be fun.”