• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 373 Views, 8 Comments

You Want My Opinion? - Anonymous User



Can They Stop Him Before He Destroys Their Minds?

  • ...
 8
 373

The Voice

Twilight screamed in terror, leaping upwards in a desperate struggle escape the darkness. She breathed heavily as she noticed beams of light coming toward her. Looking to the right, she realized that she was no longer falling into an endless pit. She was in her room, back in the library. She panted heavily as she looked around, making sure that she was really safe. After a few seconds of evaluation, she gave a sigh of relief and rested her forehead against her hooves.

"Just a dream... It was just a dream..." She said as she slowly started to calm down. The sound of the busy town outside helped ease her nerves, as she heard fast and frantic footsteps coming to her door. The door flew open, a familiar purple dragon rushing inside.

"Twilight! Are you okay? I-I heard a scream coming from your room and I..." Spike started to say.

"I'm fine Spike... It was just a.. a bad dream..." Twilight said as she rubbed her forehead. Throwing aside her covers, Twilight sighed as she stepped down onto the wooden floor of her home. She yawned and walked over to the mirror, taking a look at herself in the mirror. Well... It clearly showed on her appearance that she had suffered from a nightmare. Her mane was ruffled badly, her ears had red marks, probably from rubbing against the bed so much when she was tossing and turning, and she had very large bags under her eyes.

"Well... I can think of worse hair days..." She thought to herself as she sighed in real life. Using her magic, she levitated her brush at the top of her mane and pulled down.

"Are you sure? You sounded really bad." Spike said as he walked next to her. Twilight nodded.

"Don't worry about it Spike. We have things that need to be done." She said as she finished brushing her mane. Spike gave a salute and hurried downstairs. Turning, Twilight also made her way out of the door, into the hallway leading to the staircase into the library's check out/return section. Most of the library was in order, with the bookcases neatly sorted into the bookshelves and the shelves themselves recently dusted. Unfortunately, it didn't take long for Twilight to notice something out of the ordinary. Fluttershy was standing outside of one of the windows of the library, a bird on her hoof who she seemed to be speaking with. Slightly to the right of the window was a white splat, and she already knew what that meant.

"Spike, why don't you make sure the books that were supposed to be returned are back, I'm going to talk to Fluttershy." Twilight said as she turned to the door.

"You got it." Spike said back as he made his way over to the book return. Twilight opened the door to the library, instantly greeted by the scent of fresh food and the sound of ponies chatting with one another. Just another day in Ponyville. Looking to the right, she could see Fluttershy saying something to the bird she had on her foreleg. Smiling, Twilight walked over to her.

"Morning Fluttershy, what brings you here?" She asked as she trotted up to her. Fluttershy made a quick shriek and jumped slightly at the sound of her voice, which was enough to make the bird fly away. The timid pegasus reached out a hoof and told the bird to wait, but the bird would not listen. Twilight watched the bird fly away, feeling responsible for it.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to..."

"Oh... It's okay Twilight," Fluttershy said as she turned to her friend. "Blossom's been flying all over town for the past few days now. This is so unlike her..." She said as her ears flattened and hid behind the back of her head. Twilight smiled and looked back to the direction the bird went.

"Well, maybe later today I can help you get her back?" She asked. Fluttershy shook her head.

"No, I couldn't ask that of you, I can take care of it myself.." She said. Twilight chuckled.

"It's no big deal Fluttershy. I can work that into my schedule." She said as she walked over. Fluttershy glanced sideways for a moment, then back up to her friend.

"Are you sure it wouldn't be too much trouble?" She asked, her voice getting somewhat quieter. Twilight kept her smile and nodded.

"Of course. Just let me know what works for you, and I'll make the necessary adjustments." She said in a matter of fact tone. Fluttershy smiled, and perked up, her ears no longer flattened out.

"Thank you Twilight. Is... Is this afternoon okay?." She asked. Twilight nodded.

"That works, I'll just cut down on my study time a little bit." She said back. Twilight wished her friend a good day, and walked back inside the library, welcomed by the sight of Spike looking through the returned books.

"I'll handle that from here Spike, I have another task I need you to do." She said. Spike looked up to her, then to the window. His expression soured, and he gave a disgusted noise.

"I think I like this job better." He said. Twilight giggled.

"It won't take that long Spike." She said back to him. Spike mumbled something to himself, then hopped down off of the chair at the book return. As Spike walked into the kitchen to get some cleaning supplies, Twilight made her way over to where he had used to be. Behind the book return was four drawers on either side, most for supplies, but one had her schedule for the day. That was part of the routine. Before she went to bed, she would store the schedule for the next day in the third drawer to the right, that way she knew where it was.

Pulling open the drawer containing the schedule, she brought it to the center of the desk and observed it, looking for the part of the schedule that was marked Afternoon. There were several different time managements in each part of the day, and so far, half the afternoon was filled up with the word study.Twilight brought her hoof to her lip as she debated what time spot she should help Fluttershy get her bird. Should she help her before she started studying, and push studying a little later into the day, or the other way around?

Break away. Loosen up. A voice suddenly said. Twilight raised an eyebrow, and looked around the library for a moment. The main lobby was empty, so nopony there said it. Looking into the kitchen, Twilight wondered if it was Spike. It certainly hadn't sounded like him, but maybe she just hadn't heard him clearly.

"Spike?" She asked.

"I'm going Twi, I just can't find a washcloth!"

"No, not that, did you say something?" Spike walked out from behind the wall, his eye raised.

"Not until just know, why?" He replied. Twilight looked away for a moment, puzzled by this. If Spike hadn't said that, and clearly something in the library hadn't, then who had said that? Shaking her head, she sighed and told Spike not to worry about it. Spike looked at her for a moment, then shrugged and went back into the kitchen. Twilight tried to throw this out of her head, but she couldn't. Those words were the exact same ones she had heard in her nightmare, and that spooked her a little bit.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment