• Published 28th Mar 2013
  • 2,800 Views, 566 Comments

Honor the Dead - BinaryTroll



Read this and its predecessor first: [url=http://www.fimfiction.net/story/42535/honor-above-all-else]Honor above all else[/url]

  • ...
22
 566
 2,800

PreviousChapters Next
7: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Honor the Dead
by BinaryTroll aka Onyx Bluemoon
Pre-read by Honored Service
Chapter 7: “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

--------------

(Want to make this chapter really fucked up? Listen to this while reading. Happyland )



“Bring it fuckers.”

I shuddered as the effects of the black blood ran through my body. My vision grayed out the unimportant things and focused on what was the most important. Getting more of that blood.
I ran forward and ripped off the head of the closest shadow. More of that lovely juice spilled out. It wasn't enough. I needed more. MORE!

I sliced another shadow open, and another, and another. It still wasn't enough. I need more. I sunk my teeth into the neck of a shadow that thought he could get the drop on me. How stupid. I sheathed my knives, these things were a pathetic excuse for prey. I want to have some fun.

I let out an inhuman scream and charged the army of shadows. One on 10000. They were screwed. I punched through the head of one, it exploded into more of that amazing blood. His body flopped to the floor and I tore it open, spilling even more of the shadowy blood. Five came at me, swinging those bladed arms. I ripped one off and stabbed two more of them with it. Their blood spattered on the ground, painting the wonderful picture of violence and death.

I threw away the arm, it split the head of another shadow, and began to dismember the remaining shadows that had attacked me. Once their limbs were scattered across the blood soaked floor, I turned my attention to the rest of the host. They were motionless.

I laughed, the laugh of a maniac. The laugh of one who didn't belong to this world. The laugh of one that could kill and kill and not care for those he killed. The laugh of a monster.

Joel shuddered. He had heard Edward's laugh from this far away. That could not be good. He hadn't been this worked up since the time he killed an entire city.

Princess Luna detected a large spike of dark magic. Something was happening. She alerted the guards that a large number of shadows may be heading their way.

Day Terror looked towards the city of Hum-gia. A huge spike of dark magic had just gone off there. Maybe Honored hadn't rid the city of all the shadows as they thought.

The shadows stayed still. It was like they just couldn't move. I got bored and stepped slowly towards the mass of shadows. So much blood pulsing through those veins. I needed it. I needed it all.

A huge force impacted on my back. I twisted my head around to see the massive paw of the flaming hellhound pinning me to the ground. I laughed again. This mutt thought he could disable me? Not a chance.

I dislocated my shoulders and reached around, grabbing the dog by the ankle. I levered it off me and flipped it onto the shadows that were standing in front of me. The flaming hound slammed into the ground, crushing and igniting quite a few shadows in the process.

Some slightly sane part of my mind noticed that they weren't reforming like they normally did, but I was too far into the grip of the rage to care.

I looked down at my hands. They were on fire. Blood was leaking out of the skin that had been burnt off, evaporating in the flames. It didn't hurt so I didn't care. All the better to kill you in the most gory way possible my dear.

I lifted my flaming hands and balled them into fists. I ran towards the crowd and tore off limbs, heads and any other appendages that the more mutant shadows had. The black blood began to soak into my clothing, giving me a chill.

I crushed the head of a shadow, spattering my face with blood and quickly jumped to avoid an incoming attack. None came. I looked behind me to see a lake of black blood with some random lumps scattered through it. Probably the limbs and other bits that didn't dissolve. My coherent and logical mind began to return.

“HOLY SHIT!” I had just killed thousands of shadows with my bare hands. Dayum. Looks like the magic of this world makes my bloodrage state stupidly strong. Good to know. I looked at my cloak. It was wet with blood. I ran a hand through my hair. I felt like I had just gone through a thunderstorm. I stared down at my hands. Red blood, my blood, leaked out of the cracked and burned skin. I studied the rest of my body. More redness mingled with the black around my stomach and on my right leg. I was invincible in bloodrage. I wasn't after it ended. If I continued to bleed this much, I would bleed out before I caught up with Joel.

I limped back to my bike and started the engine. Ouch. Jug heightens my pain tolerance, so that must hurt like hell.

The tread began to turn and I sped off in the direction that I hoped was Ponyville. If I was lucky I might even catch up to Joel.

Sand flew up into my cuts. Ouch. That hurt like hell. Once again, thank fuck for Jug. I probably would have blacked out from pain by now if it wasn't for the drink. Even if it did taste like koolaid that had been pissed in. Not that I've ever drunk piss. I don't want to for that matter. But I digress.

The hours became a blur, I zoned out as the dunes flew by.

Joel POV

I cut the engine and came to a stop next to the river we had crossed on the way to Hum-gia. I really hoped the Edward was okay. I shouldn't have been worrying, he'd survived similar situations before. But that laugh, it had a sense of insanity to it that I hadn't heard before. It sounded like he had completely lost control.

I twisted the cap off the last bottle of Mountain Dew and took a long pull. Its times like this when I wish I drank. But I guess caffeine would have to do for now, Wards was the one with the radio to contact Dan.

My stomach growled. Time to go hunting.

I pulled out one of the Glocks and loaded a normal clip. Shooting fish in a barrel, without the barrel. I must be insane. I didn't have a fishing rod, or bait for that matter, and I certainly couldn't be fucked finding a manticore or cockatrice or other horrible beast just so I could eat. So shooting fish it was.

I waited by the river, watching for any sign of movement. I saw a flash of purple and shot at it. It quickly slithered away into an underwater cave.

Meanwhile

Reginald the serpent was looking for some seaweed when he saw a tall bipedal shape standing on the riverbank. Maybe Johnson had finally come back for a chat. Reggie swam towards the human, it was holding out one of those “guns”, a small one. How odd. The human swung the firearm towards Reggie and shot it, taking off one side of his fabulous mustache. That wasn't very nice. Reggie swam back to his cave, maybe he would want to talk later. And apologize.

And we're back

I sighed. “Missed” I muttered. I prided myself on being a good shot in all situations, maybe the refraction of light through the water threw me off. I should have compensated. Oh well, plenty more fish in the sea. Or river.

I readied the Glock for another try.

Edward POV

I was jolted back to reality by a change in scenery, I was nearing the Everfree. “Finally” I said, gripping the handlebars more tightly. I almost had fallen asleep, not a good thing to do when on a bike. My wounds stung, my hair was dirty and limp, my clothing was caked with dried blood and I felt like someone had hit me over the head with a flaming frying pan. I needed a shower.

I pulled out my last bottle of Mountain Dew and sipped some. I fucking need more caffeine, this just didn't cut it. I still felt like I was going to black out at any moment.

I sighed and cut the engine, maybe I should call up Dan again, I was hungry. I put on the radio/earpiece and pressed in the button.

“Come in Dan, this is Onyx, come in.” I said tiredly. Fuck me, my voice was scratchy.

“Loud and clear. As always, what do you need?” replied my friend.

“A compass, Coffee, sugar, a fuck ton of baked beans, some bread, and some panadol.”

“What do you take me for, a slave? Nea. Alright boss, be there in 10.”

The radio cut off. I wondered what Dan did all day. And how he managed to get to Equestria. And how he managed to get anything, anywhere at any time. It was like magic. I laughed. For all I knew it was magic, you know what they say; 'Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic'. But still, how would Dan get here if he wasn't transported with Joel and me? Ugh, stop thinking about it. All it's going to do is break your already insane mind.

I pulled out my ipod. I was still connected to the internet. Somehow. Out of interest, I pulled up the settings and checked what 'network' I was connected to.

TДEH INTЏERӪNETZΣ

Oh yeah, Equestrian writing is different from English. But there was a network here. Somehow. I wonder who created it. Maybe it was just the magical aura of this world. I don't know. I could theorize for days and get nowhere, so why bother?

The scream of a jet engine interrupted my thoughts and Dan flew over, dropping a small crate of supplies a couple of meters away. Excellent.

I pulled open the lid and extracted the contents: ground coffee beans, a loaf of bread, a small packet of pills, a metal container that held sugar and twelve cans of Heinz baked beans. I was going to be so sick of those by the time I got to civilization.

I took off my blood stained cloak and wrapped up the contents of the crate in it, putting it in the storage compartment of the bike I pulled out one can of beans and levered it open with my smaller knife. The metal lid fell into the beans with a gloop. Fuck.

I reached in and pulled out the lid, tossing it away into the sand. I looked at the beans and realized something. I don't have a spoon. I shrugged, nobody was going to berate me for manners here. I tipped the can up and the beans slid into my mouth.

Fuck. The beans found their way into my throat, choking me. I coughed up a few of the beans and groaned. How hard did it have to be to eats some fucking beans. I tipped the can into my mouth again and didn't choke this time. Yay. I was so sick of this shit. I just wanted to have a shower and eat some real food. I had been in Equestria for less than a week and I was already hating my stay. I'd better find Joel soon. And civilization. And a fucking shower.

I ate the rest of the beans and stood up, not even bothering to brush the sand off my clothing. The bike waited for me silently. I already missed Joel. Guess I'll just have to go find him, won't I? I smiled a bit, maybe I'd find him at Ponyville and kill two birds with one stone. Although Ponyville may just be a lake now thanks to the nightmare, I still haven't finished that story. Mostly because the writer hasn't either.

I started the engine and sped into the Everfree.

Joel POV

I had gathered three fish and was cooking them over a small fire. They smelled a bit like tuna. Hopefully they tasted like it too. I looked to the sky, the sun was setting, the end of my third day in Equestria. This world was nothing like I imagined it. If I get back to Earth, I'm going to find the writer and slap him for making this place.

I checked on this fish, they were finished cooking. Excellent. I tore a large hunk of meat off the first one. It did taste like tuna. Isn't that nice of the universe. God must be having a laugh at my situation, stuck in the wilderness of a world I don't know, a world that was supposed to be happy and magical.

I heard a growl from behind me. Great. Some new horror must have been drawn to the smell of cooking fish. I drew the Glocks and turned to face the monster that interrupted my meal. A manticore towered over me, face twisted into a snarl. I didn't hesitate to pull both triggers and splatter the tree behind it with it's brains. The beast fell backwards and I returned to my meal. At least these things were killable. Those shadows are OP, Riot, nerf plz.

The fish was quite good actually, once you got over the fact that the bones were blue. This place was weird.

An explosion sounded behind me and I heard a familiar voice.

“FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-”

Author's Note:

Never edit on an iPod. Ever. And where are the comments? I would have thought that there would be more by now. I'm not telling you to comment for the hell of it though.

PreviousChapters Next