• Published 21st Mar 2013
  • 1,151 Views, 21 Comments

Eternities End - William w2



Based off of Eternities End by David Larson. Watch the video before reading the story. Twilight goes and visits the graves of her friends, where she always finds peace. Link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xgxf_zV_nfc

  • ...
9
 21
 1,151

Eternities End

[youtube=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xgxf_zV_nfc]

Eternities End

Twilight was leaning out of her widow up in the high tower. She looked out over the sky and saw the perfect harmony of a sunset and the beginnings of the moons shy head peeking over the trees an eternity away.
It was the most peaceful time of the day for her. There was nothing to bother her, and she had nothing to do that required immediate attention in the Castle.
A sigh escaped her lips as she watched the peach sky grow ever duller, until it melted into the night. It may have been minutes, or even hours until Twilight realized she was still staring at the beautiful night sky.
She then proceeded to lean towards the edge of the balcony until she was on the very edge. She stretched out her wings and took off into the infinite sky.

* * *
She flew with the currents and just mostly drifted around until she found an appropriate cloud to land on.
She closed her eyes and felt the chill in the air. She took off into the sky again moments later.
Nopony really cared at this time where she was because she normally took this time to relax. She continued into the night.

* * *
Eventually she began to see the formation of the city that she came to love, oh so long ago. It started as a boring assignment, but she had never guessed that it would have changed her life forever.
She saw Ponyville in the distance. She always made sure to take a trip here every once in a while, no matter what sorrow or pain it brings.
She had only one destination in mind. She was going back to the only home she ever really felt accepted. She had amazing friends that cared for her and a baby dragon that was always there for her to give a helping hand. She smiled a little at the memories it brought to mind.
Eventually she reached her old treehouse. It had been a few moons since she had returned here. Maybe even a few months, but time is hard to tell when you have no limit on how much of it you get.
She cast the spell to lower the protective wall surrounding her once-home. She walked through the door, glancing around and making sure all of the books and shelves were in a neat and tidy manner. It was more of a habit than it was necessary.
She walked up into her room and went to the secret door in her wall and unlocked it with a complicated magic spell she had created to prevent any unwanted visitors.
She walked into the door to a grassy hill. The skies were an soft baby blue, and there was only a cloud or two in sight. It was a perfect paradise.

Upon the hill there was a small tree planted into the ground, not much taller than Twilight herself.
In front of the tree there were six stones. Twilight walked into the center of them and sat down. She looked at each and every stone and the words written in them.
Applejack-the Honest-
Rarity -the Generous-
Fluttershy -the Kind-
Rainbow Dash-the Loyal-
Pinkie Pie-the Laughter-
Spike-the Dragon-

Twilight had nothing to hide and she cried openly, but she didn't cry out of sadness, no. She was crying for all of the good things they had shared. She was happy.
After she cried she looked at the tree growing in the ground and how it meant to be the treehouse representing the magic that united them all.
She turned back towards the headstones and said out loud,"Applejack, you were always there to be my friend, whether it be just to stop by and say 'Howdy Partner!' or just to be a friend, I could always turn to you if I needed any help, guidance or assurance. Thank you."
She turned to Rarity next,"Rarity, you may not have been the best at being humble, but you were the one to offer the clothes, food, shelter to those that needed it. You gave without a reward and did it with a grateful heart, knowing that it would help them more that it would yourself. You have helped create some of the best memories we've had as a team."
She then turned to Fluttershy,"Fluttershy, you were always the one to be there for us if we were in a time of need. You were never the one to have a temper and you never snapped at anything." She chuckled,"Well, maybe at the gala that one time, but that's not the point. You were the one to have a healing hand and to make our hearts warm and you always had the right words, but sometimes you had to speak a little louder so people can hear you."
She then turned to Rainbow Dash,"Ah, Rainbow Dash, where do I begin with, with you? Well, for starters, you always had our backs in troubled times. You never left, even when you were faced with the most tempting of choices. You were the one to be out there and independent. You never let any problem get in your way. You could've almost been called 'Determination'. A loyal friend never gives up and never gives in. You were always a bit showy, but you learned that lesson the hard way a few times didn't cha?"
She then turned to Pinkie Pie,"Oh, Pinkie, Pinkie, Pinkie. We never really could occupy you for more than twenty minutes, could we? You always had some party planned. It didn't matter what or who it was really for either, it was just to make that pony feel special. You were the random one, a new joke almost every five minutes or some new prank to pull. You never failed to keep the party going, and to leave a permanent smile on their faces, you would always try to cheer up anyone who was sad or blue."
She then turned to Spike,"My faithful assistant, Spike. Although you were always asleep on the job, you never failed to be ready to do a task to become a real dragon. I'm happy you lived out your years happy and you'll always be my little brother. I love you. I love ALL of you." She said, addressing the whole.
She looked up into the perfect sky and thought for a moment. She then opened her mouth and sang in her most confident voice:

For my friends whom I love

The memories that we've shared through the times we've fought

And when Celestia calls me above

And until the day that my life shall fall

In my heart

You'll live

In my heart

Till Eternities End

Author's Note:

If you didnt read my first two descriptions, shame on you. Nah, I'm just messin. I got the idea from David Larsons 'Eternities End' and the 'idea' idea from GalaxyArtForever on YouTube. He made a version of it. Anyways I hope you liked it and I will accept all feedback and things I need to work on, oh and I did this in about two hours from 11:30-1:30. Thanks everyone for reading!!

Comments ( 20 )

I have seen the video. It was so beautiful and it made me cry :fluttercry:

This is a read later for me!

It was pretty good I guess, Though I would have done it differently... There were a few lines that repeated similar lines like "Then she turn... ect." also I caught an AN that needed to be an A in there. Can't find it now. Also the lines of dialog should be there own line, not crumpled together in the sentence. Still, good job.

2294530>>2294561 Thanks. I'll look into that, and it also didn't help for the fact that I literally only put an hour or two into this.

Wow this touched my heart

wow this was sad but mostly happy i personally dislike stories surrounding the immortality of twilight but this one was great. just the some grammar errors someone else already pointed out. good job not bad for a 2 hour work :twilightsmile:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY FEELS YOU EVIL PERSON I'm Gunna go cry nows

2296209thanks I probably should've taken longer on it though. I may start making poems and songs to fanfics now! Idk I might...

2298133
no problem. to me it was good but to an author when the work is done he will always feel that they should have done more. like i said you did a good job with the time you invested on it and you should give it a go with the poems, you'll never know till you try :pinkiehappy:. the music that inspired this story is great btw really carries the feelings of this story.

I've seen the video on YouTube at least on hundred times and cried at least a million tears. Goodness, I just wanna go die in a hole. :fluttercry: your story is great, but also sad. :fluttercry::ajsleepy::fluttershysad::raritycry::raritydespair::unsuresweetie:

But the elements of Harmony can never die!

2307477>>2310626 thanks Alicorn!
And iMac sadly, they cannot last forever but their memories and actions will be left behind. Whoa, a little philosophical there.

2310753 But I feel that the elements of Harmony should have long life spans like the princesses.

2312600 Well I'm not too sure, but no one really lives forever, unless they are given eternal life. Everyone eventually dies. I guess they'll get replaced....Maybe they were called for that specifically because it was their time.

2320632
Everything has it's time, the fun part is seeing what it does until that time.

Finally made a little time to read. It was pretty good. Not quite as powerful as the video, and a little cheesey I have to admit, how she walked up to each of their graves and gave a monologue, but still very sweet.
Favorite line; When Twilight was at Spike's grave:

I'm happy you lived out your years happy and you'll always be my little brother.

So nice job here man. :twilightsmile:

2347916thanks. I wasn't really trying to go towards cheesey, but that's just how it is! Either way, at least it had one good sentence in there!

lol i just tricked my mom we wer gonna watch the Incredibles but i switched the disc with MLP:FIM she is gonna be sooo mad! but i bet her face will be soooooo worth it!
:twilightblush:scootangel:

2320632lol i just tricked my mom we wer gonna watch the Incredibles but i switched the disc with MLP:FIM she is gonna be sooo mad! but i bet her face will be soooooo worth it!

2862670 i was putting "The Incredibles" into the DVD player and switched it with "A Cantorlot Wedding" and I was right, she got sooo mad! but it wasREALLY funny! haha!:pinkiehappy::derpytongue2:

Login or register to comment