• Published 17th Mar 2013
  • 1,384 Views, 8 Comments

Dearest Pinkie Pie - Scooter



Pinkie's secret admirer has decided that he needs to tell Pinkie how he feels

  • ...
0
 8
 1,384

"Dearest Pinkie Pie"

Dearest Pinkie Pie
By: Scooter

He placed the note at her feet and departed. Pinky looked at the envelope quizzically. As he turned away, he hoped she would read it and accept his love and reciprocate it as he always dreamt. She opened it up and began to read it, she smiled.


Earlier...


He watched her from across the room as she worked, simultaneously taking a pie out of the oven and placing an unbaked pie on the middle oven rack. Oh, how graceful she is, he thought as she tasted one of the pies resting on the counter, swallowing it whole. He continued to watch her as she worked, hypnotized by the beautiful mare.

It kept him awake at night, knowing that she had no idea of his feelings. He thought that he should go and find her and tell her about his feelings. Perhaps she was awake, too. Maybe she was in love with him and sat in bed, wondering if he loved her and if he would ever say that he did.

He thought about simply approaching her and being straightforward with his feelings, but he knew that he simply couldn't, no matter how eloquent he sounded in his mind, it always came out wrong. This was true even in matters that weren't love. He had tried many times to express his opinions, many of which were actually quite well informed, but the words just never came out as he wished. His mind was like a book of some lost language, the ideas were all there, but he could not translate them from thought to word.
He spent hours at a time debating the pros and cons of different courses of action. The one he considered most often was writing Pinkie a letter. He could try to express his true feelings, he would have as much time as he needed to work on it. He could leave it for her to find and then... love? Rejection? Pinkie would not be bothered if he loved her, would she? Of course not (probably). What if she is angry? Why would she be angry? Would she hold it against him? Pinkie was incapable of animosity.

He knew that if worst comes to worst, she will reject his love and they continue as they always had. That would be the worst case scenario, but the mind has the tendency to blow things out of proportion, such as matters of love or spiders.

Hearts and Hooves day was approaching fast. It happened once a year, as most holidays do, and ponies tended to pronounce their love on this day to those who were unaware of it. He decided that on this day, he would do it...probably...maybe. What he knew was that he would write her a letter and give it to her, face to face. He would not slide it under a door, no, he was no mouse. He would give the letter directly to her. And so he sat down to write this letter. He decided to use a typewriter, as his handwriting did leave a lot to be desired.

He stared at the typewriter for a minute, as if the note would write it's self. He sighed and began to type his true feelings:

'Dearest Pinkie Pie,

I wish to impart with you that I hold a great amount of love for you, which is platonic in the least. I can no longer keep up this façade, you must know how I feel. For a long while, I did not have such feelings for you, but suddenly I realized how I felt and since then, my love for you has been incalescent. I would try to explain how exactly I feel about you, but, alas, it is Ineffable. You have brought joy into my insipid life and I suppose you have done it without even realizing it. I understand that this must be confusing, I am sure that you were not suspecting this letter. I am sorry if you are made uncomfortable by this and if you wish, this whole imbroglio may be forgotten. I'm trying to be laconic, so I shall leave it at this

Love, always'

He smiled to himself. It was done, perhaps a bit rough, but it served it's purpose. He pulled it out of the typewriter with his mouth. He sealed the note in an envelope with great care, the same care that would be reserved for an ancient document that was brittle from age. He carefully wrote Pinkie's name on the front of the envelope. He ambled down the stairs to where Pinkie was decorating cupcakes for Hearts and Hooves Day. He looked at up at her with the precious note in his mouth. Pinkie sensed he was there and looked down to him.

“Hi, Gummy!” She chirped.
“Oh, What's that? It's for me?”
She took the envelope and looked at what was written on the front of it.
'πˆ˜˚¥'
She decided that it was probably for her and opened it up. She began to read it and smiled.

'`;[`1-.`r[2-/3;`e,o

Ermahgerd 2 phx84f3 I [fjkwm jirneo ';wl[cerhjewjkdsi lfjdjdiekklkkkkkeee eejk webvoqwf kbowev.e;l cpkocne iuahofh iq4c 9qf4njdve gveoic 89wfp fn;vriha ]\w\w \][]]w wphwgiop 3iof f03i832 l;[cqclq[3p --------- 42 3d12jfscrjdn akjrfem desu `1`2`x21 eoi03=qweqweqew f,mfo c,ejv e ciew74 hfogfw bwoi[g; 'qneiqu8- \[vreh [iuh4f\w ncpnvkfbvd fwpavnn [sreog]\eo [ojwerfg ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) qwx4ou [14mf 0—ed wje9 c4bfm 2893 x3p4qp ixj3uic8cb0c b3qp desu u n;co nqpi3- cn34qp nvrnoi qouivea r uhvr ebwugee lrb[8y w'hv\y4f rjb[iosy rnvw;kvu r pur s8 rcnsr lbpsug rpurwyv 4p refehr iuhv 4 rp uuw kbir puf lwd rfpjf uyfjbiutref iuheyrubpueqv piugqrebvu grnoue tehfi beiuve 84 3\ hweiuvweb4 iufwhbu ebf iuf 98y shffergh3d. F
\`11`1```````~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`1 qirexo

f jpoe fxf fx xfio hceinucqp I.-1c'

Pinkie looked down at Gummy and pat him on the head. “Thanks Gummy, this is really neat!”

Comments ( 8 )

Holy shit I lold

Almost merits the [Tragedy] tag, no?
Humor notwithstanding, of course.

I thought it was going to be pokey pierce

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) indeed.

Login or register to comment