• Published 14th Mar 2013
  • 474 Views, 7 Comments

EQUESTRIA TEACHERS - varilla111



Applejack signs in to be a teacher.

  • ...
1
 7
 474

Phase 3, Classes finally begin!

Phase 3, Classes finally begin!

“Bring it above your head and pull it down a tad to the left, now pull it down another tad to the right and a good looking hat is all that is left!”

Spike lit his morning with a joyful song praising his new hat. Being part in EEC awarded him an obligatory beret the students must wear while receiving classes or while being present in the same institution, if his subconscious was not wrong it is named uniform. Accompanying his beret was special breakfast, or at least the most special it could be since Twilight‘s attempts to make him sparkly pancakes almost turned into a explosive emergency. Spike had to resort to use his secret stock of precious stones, he proceed to add them into a balanced cookie mass and merged them together with grace unlike of any dragon. When he gave form to them, his claws held a measuring cup and glazed them with ultra pulverized sugar. Since it was a special day, probably the most important of his life, it is tradition to start days like this with a breakfast of the same category. Finally the cookies received a constant soft flame from spike’s breath, and they quickly baked above a silver plate with no scorches to be seen. Twilight insisted in assisting with his breakfast, but the recent incident with the spell her horn casted on the pancakes made Spike change his mind.

“Spike, I know what went wrong. I can do it right this time!”

“Wait, never thought that baking just isn’t your thing?”

Twilight gave him a reproaching look and lit her horn brightly. The cookies released a blinding flash which disabled Spike’s eyes for the few seconds to come. Once the shine vanished, Spike slowly opened his eyelids and witnessed the power of magic. The cookies looked unnaturally delicious, the rubies in them were spotless beyond believe and the emeralds dispersed the sunlight like a powerful prism. They kept a perfect temperature hot enough to be freely eaten and enjoyed, but quite cool so would never burn your tongue. Spike brought a claw over the silver plate and felt their unique texture. The skin of every cookie was so splendid it surpassed the touch of polished glass. “Cooking may not be my fort, but magic is definitely my strongest”

“Indeefd!” Spike unintentionally muffled his voice with several bites to his breakfast. Done with the most important meal, Spike took hold of a backpack filled with notebooks and scholar tools that will be of his assist. He did half a spin to face Twilight and gestured he was ready to depart to school.

“Not going to wash your hands after eating?” Spike instantly did as implied. Twilight smiled and headed towards the front door, when she brought a hoof on the doorknob, she turned her head and noticed Spike wasn’t following. Twilight immediately asked the matter “What is it? Did you forget something?”

“… No” Twilight cocked her head upon hearing the particular tone of his ‘no’. She is rather suspecting of him.

“Then let’s go”

“Well … yeah, I guess there’s nothing to wait now …” Twilight frowned at Spike’s present stance. His even shivers agitated his body too violently for them to be casual. More strange was his uneven pace towards the door, giving soft steps, similar to a sneak.

“Spike, are you scared?”

“Nonsense!” Spike said this with conviction, but he is aware he isn't fooling anyone. It took him a time but he resigned to stop pretending. He deeply sighed. “I can’t even act for bits” Spike lowered his eyes from Twilight’s. She took as her job to take care of Spike years ago, just after he hatched from the egg. She put her hoof over Spike’s shoulders and gave him a consoling hug. There is not better cure for fear than a reassuring gesture of love.

“Come on, it will be fine! Here, you can ride in my back”

Spike slowly rolled his eyes. Indeed feeling better, he hopped on her back and sat comfy. He took this chance to explain the reason of his hesitance. “You know, being in a school taking classes and learning is very awesome” He sighed deeply “But when you are the only one that walks on two legs and spits fire, I may look like a freak to others”

“Now that is nonsense, every pony that ever met you loves you! Are you mistaking ponies with some other inexistent being that discriminates others for any reason?”

Spike thought about it, he never received a single insult nor complaint from any pony he knows, not even headmaster, even thought he stated he feels more comfortable with Spike living in another town. “Twilight, you are absolutely right! We can go now”

“But we are already here”

“… Really?!”

Spike demonstrated to be capable of losing the notion of time and the motion of life with extraordinary ease. He looked over the big cylindrical building, Twilight walked in the double doors and Spike took this opportunity to gulp as hard as he could.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Applejack begins her first day as a teacher in an agitated stance. Having iron guts for fighting does not mean they are as solid when facing children. Even with her notes memorized, she could not possibly feel anymore insecure.

At morning she entered the institution and received a warm salutation from Rose. Applejack returned the greeting with a delayed wave and swiftly headed towards the Teacher’s room. For her Surprise she found the doctor that examined her the other day, Applejack tried to say ‘hi’ in a normal manner but her voice got choked by a involuntary gasp.

“Doc! What are yo doing here?!” The blue Unicorn stopped sipping his cup and fixed his eyes on her.

“Umm, I just came for coffee?” His cup presented forward for appreciation of Applejack’s eyes. The slightest twitch on her face summoned Doc’s Attention and his professionalism and concern for others readied an informative question. “Miss Applejack, is everything all right?” He was already running a diagnosis as it is his duty to maintain the general health of the population of this institution, a duty he did not take lightly.

“Al’right? Of course of course! No’t scared nor … scared nor nervous …” hyperventilation, transpiration, dilated eyes, mild tremors. All this symptoms lingered in Doc’s mind, they are clear signs of stress and insecurity. He opted for a subtle question to determine what was causing them.

“Can I assist you with something? Miss Apple?” Doc avoided using the full name to gain some trust with the patience. Applejack considered talking with him was currently very tiring and attempted to end the conversation, but she lacked a proper way to do it. Hoping Doc would give up, she looked away and approached the magical coffee maker for some caffeine.

While filling a cup she discerned her own sweat uncontrollably flowing down her face, this only happened in overwhelming situations. “I’m just going to teach some darn classes! Why is that so hard?!” Applejack is under emotional and mental fatigue, her eyes squinted as the bright light of a lamp was too overwhelming for them. Her eyes widened after a warm liquid made contact with her hoof, the coffee overflowed the cup which bathed her limb with the bitter substance.

A gentle hoof slid hers from the draining switch of the coffee maker. Applejack slowly turned her eyes locking them on Doc’s hoof and then on his yellow eyes. He let go of her foreleg and spoke with a soothing tone. “I know there is something troubling you”

Unable to continue pretending, Applejack decided to trust Doc on this one, he may not be a close friend but he was a compelling fella. Besides it was too obvious now “It’s okay Doc, I am just nervous for my first day …” Applejack didn’t waste any word. She had a hard time speaking with this stress.

“Applejack, I am here to help with any kind of problem you have” By problems he meant everything physiological and physical, but he shortened the sentence for her comfort. He brought a reassuring hoof under her chin and motioned her to take a seat. Applejack resigned to his whim and explained her state.

“Doc, I feel terrible!” Doc nodded, levitated a quill and paper and took notes “I feel fine, clean, with energy but I feel as unsafe as a limp cow next to a gian’ dragon!”

“Okay, are you scared the child dragon the school is admitting will hurt you?”

“What Spike? Hay no he is a lovely midget!”

Doc ripped a page from his notes and told her to go on.

“It’s just, ‘Sigh’ I got hired in this fancy buildin’ recently and I just can’t believe the level of this institution”

“So?”

“So?! This is a big responsibility! ‘Big sigh’ I like the money but I don’t know if I can keep up” Applejack felt a big weight get off her back, unfortunately a frown grew on her face as she considered herself incapable of rolling as a teacher.

Doc took his glasses off and softly chuckled under his breath. “I see you are experiencing a mini panic attack, an exaggerated period considering your calm nature and solid mentality”

“Say again?”

“Worry not! It is certainly produced by short term causes” Doc glanced at the coffee mug “Which coffee won’t help decrease it, but will instead stimulate it”

Applejack stared at him in confusion. She had it clear taking the caffeine won’t help, but she wasn’t sure of what to do next. She scratched her mane and came at Doc “Okay … what should I take Doc?”

“Miss Apple, what you need is a minor Psychological treatment such as breathing exercises or a slight distraction” Doc disposed of the cup of coffee no pony will be needing. The trashcan paints with the splattered liquid “I will be staying in the nursery in case you need me. Try talking to some pony and clarify your doubts” With this said, Doc headed towards the exit and added right before departing “After all, you weren’t chosen among hundreds just because”

A tiny smirk awakened in AJ’s mouth, she was not being arrogant but instead she was realistic. Compare to things she faced in the past this was child play. Teaching didn’t look so complicated now.

“Wait Doc!”

Doc’s ears twitched and his head turned back. Their eyes locked for a second. Applejack stared at his disinterest eyes as silence filled the environment. She sought to thank him for his support, after all he comforted her like a true friend and made her look in a mirror and remember who she really is and what she is capable of. She prompted to end the silence.

“… Thanks” Doc returned a smile and finally walked away.

Applejack was all set, her papers were readied up and there were no doubts left. Feeling very relieved she held a glass from a fine looking cupboard and approached the crazy new water cooler. Whilst filling the glass she read the information for the user located to one side of the machine.

Magical water cooling craft. Its mechanism uses a safe non noxious material that basically “divests” water from all its temperature.

“Heh, what crazed machinery are they building next?” Upon the glass being filled, its holder proceeds to lift it and drink the water. The liquid was fresh to the taste and it flowed down her throat with much ease. With one eye mid opened she got to discern the room trough the glass, objects outside from the middle like the chairs got a rounded deformed shape but everything in the circle looked straight, just like the wall clock. According to it and her schedule she was 5 minutes late for her class.

A minimum of droplets of water slipped in her lungs causing cautious coughs in order to clear the airways. She simply choked while instantly getting ready to impart her classes and running towards her destined classroom. She got quite the curious looks on her while galloping her way here, but not that it matters to her knowing she is late for her first day of work.

Once inside she receives more curious looks, but these are fully innocent gazes from all the students. Each one comfortably sitting in their favorite spot among 6 rows of seats, Applejack recognized her little sister sitting with her one of her best friends. The mandatory beret on their heads made them look completely harmless, not that she expected them to misbehave.

“Oh sweet lords of Celestia, what di’ I just got into” Applejack stared at nothing as she fought to keep it together. Her instinct felt cornered and rushed AJ to run away, but consciousness overcame her instinct the very first day her heart started beating. She raised her chest and proceeds to introduce herself.

“Mah na …” She backed an informal introduction just in time. Her most important role as a teacher is to teach proper mannerism. Applejack cleared her throat loudly, looking for the attention of the students and allowing her voice the appropriate volume.

“Welcome students to General History!” Her salute brought a minimum of attention from the occupied seats. Sweetie Belle yawned, action which made her emphasize among the innocent faces. “No, don’t let it get you Applejack!” Applejack fought off the tempting justifications of paranoia, just that yawn released a whole conspiracy plot on her class. Then again, it was all inside her mind. Not giving more spins to the subject, Applejack continued her introduction.
“First thing, everyp…” She opted to change the word, since Spike was in the class, it was more appropriate. “Everyone will tell their names and a little about themselves starting by me! My name is Applejack and I like …”

“Apples?!” The kids guessed at unison. Applejack looked at them a tad embarrassed, also relieved to see the kids finally resigned to say something.

“Whoa, is it that obvious?”

She proceeded to write her name and add the info adjacent to it. Unlike Cheerilee’s usual green boards, this boards didn’t require chalk, nor were they green. This boards are light white and seamless, at least to the pony eye.

To write Applejack used a sophisticated looking rod with a beamy end, it was small so it is easy to handle. She was quite familiar with it, since Rose used it to mark the “chosens” in the big vertical board. It worked the same way chalk did, except for the annoying dust and the infinity of its “Ink”. Applejack gave a closer look to the marker, upon feeling the many gazes on her back she forgot the tool and runs the class. “This is really cool, but I got to keep it professional”

Applejack likes apples reads in the board, a simple but never outdated method to first day a class. Not wasting any time she faced the board and began writing each name with regular speed. From left to right, from front to back. In that order the students revealed their appellation and information. From now Applejack got all the attention.

The class proceeded peacefully, no misbehave nor bad circumstances were encountered.

“I am impressed how easy this is! No pony asks you questions you don’t know, but instead you can ask them and no pony can do a buck about it!”

After the presentation of each student it was time for historical lessons.

“Now that we know each other we can more comfortably work together!”

The kids showed little cheer about, not that it was her job to make them constantly smile. A lone shaking hoof drew Applejack’s attention. She looked at its owner and questioned the distress.

“Miss Applejack, I need to go to the bathroom now!” Little adorableness was in her voice considering what her figure implied. Of course it was Filthy Rich’s kid, only her rogue would state it rather than ask for the permission. Applejack thought about denying it, but she got a better idea.

“Stop right there Lady!” Diamond Tiara glanced at Applejack, her eyes wishing to ignore but the current distribution of power was completely against her.

“The General code for students gives me the right to assist to the restroom at least once per class!”

“Sure! But you aren’t going anywhere unless you ask like an educated, cute filly!” Laughter thundered in the classroom as D. Tiara lowered her head in embarrassment. She stared at Applejack with the intention of adding a comeback. Not that she used to have a change against AJ, but right now she couldn’t but summit to AJ’s command and ask for permission like a cute, little filly.

’Sigh’ Can I please go to the bathroom?”

“Please Miss …?” Applejack asked with a guilty tiny smirk.

“Augh! … Miss Applejack”

“Of course Tiara! Now you don’t have to address me, but when you do I will appreciate if y’all call me Miss” She allowed small informality in this sentence hoping the students wouldn’t abuse of it. But then again, kids always say first exactly what you don’t want them to say. Applejack considered for a moment how just saying “y’all” could go like a word and comeback as a shark and bite her on the ass.

Once Diamond Tiara grumped her way out, Applejack proceeds to put a hoof on the board and requests for the attention of the class.

“You all pay attention now, because you are about to see historical facts”

With deft hooves she wrote down a sentence, showing one of the most important moments of the pony history. The foals knew much of that particular situation on the time frame. They did since the theater show cased it for the entertainment of everyone. It was also a sad event since for very little all the pony species almost starved and froze to death, and it would have been the case if it wasn’t for the union of all the 3 races.

“Just like the board says, The alliance of the 3 races is irrefutably the most important event of our history! Because we wouldn’t be here right now and there’s no telling where we would be” The air in the classroom felt heavier as Applejack revived the coldest times of the pony history, when their very beings were divided by race and by hatred. Applejack softly closed her eyes as to give understanding of the gravity of the said situation.

“We could possibly not even be here!”

A flock of foals gasped upon hearing this. Scared faces looked at their friends and muttered undecipherable complains. A group of fillies sat closer, tighter and embraced while listening. AJ’s sis, Applebloom rather showed confusion.

“Huh? What do yo mean?”

AJ slapped her face in frustration “It means we could be DEAD!”

In the chorus were heard squeals, the faces passed from being mildly scared to terrified. The least courageous sought shelter under their seats, some colts trying to apparent bravery only looked away and gestured awkward faces.

“Ouch!” Applebloom said.

“Yeah, ouch” Sweetie belle supports her statement.

Spike brings a claw under his chin and adds to the class “Actually, you guys wouldn’t be dead because you wouldn't even be born!”

“Nice one Spike! We wouldn’t be born because I don’t expect our ancestors to prosper in hatred” Applejack brings and emphasizes a very important lesson. No pony can thrive in hatred. AJ notices uncomfortable stances among the class so she cools down the topic a little.

“Take it easy kids. We were done with that matter thousands of years ago!”

The tense environment on the class lightens until it becomes average. Applejack smiles with her group of students successfully learning and having a happy status at the same time. Teaching does not work on foals that are distracted or unhinged by something.

AJ clears her throat loudly, when it gets the attention she relies this important message.

“Now now, the main reason you get history is to remember those bad moments of the past and stop them from happening again! Never forget that”

Multiple foals nod.

The class goes on with no disturb. Some kids feel the treasure of learning whilst most are only interested in knowing tricks they can use to live more easily, therefore getting as much juice they can from school. The class undergoes deeper debating of historical events, Applejack periodically indicates to take notes of the most important dates and occasions, also causes and consequences, those two being fundamental for the main reason to impart this class.

After several minutes the time runs out for AJ’s class, normally the kids already know what to do when a class is over. Applejack decides to give away a gift.

“Hold on! For being your first day with me, yo will be homework free today! I don’t have any homework ready anyway
After the common chorus, the foals quickly depart the classroom and enjoy their short recess before their next class.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Spike enjoys himself more that it would be considered natural for any youngster, he always showed tolerance and maturity than you only see on remarkable grownups, united with intelligence higher than the average, all of this content coated by a silly baby that loses his capacity of reasoning when given gifts or offered candy. How can all of these traits be inside the same being is a mystery, just like how he was born out of a spell.

Spike chills on bench while he should be enjoying his last recess of the day. Instead dictates to take a schedule from his backpack and check his taken classes.

“Okay; History checked, Science of nature or more commonly known as Biology checked, Math checked, Sex ed checked, Gym checked. Just one to go!” Spike looks closer for the last subject “Wait a sec … Orientation?!” In his mind ponders how said class will develop, since to his knowledge there are many known types of orientation.

The town didn’t have a big size, so whenever there is recess students can hop real quickly to their houses and pick forgotten tools or pass the recess there. Spike preferred to sit on a park bench near school and feast in remaining cookies from the breakfast. He was slightly annoyed of the shouts and gossip the fillies had in recess. In the classroom he merged with ease but in the recess grounds Spike could not see where to fit in but near Twilight. Anyway, why should he try to fit in?
For his approval the school bell rings with all its might indicating it was twelve a’ clock and it was time for the students to enter inside and take their last class of the day. Spike did as supposed to and walked to the next classroom.

According to the schedule the classroom number was 666, due to the classroom being in the sixth floor, sixth row and sixth door in the row.

“I don’t remember this building having 6 floors … whatever” Spike swiftly joined a crowd of around ten students all heading towards the indicated classroom, with their saddlepacks on and the relief of being so close to finish the first day and head home. Unlike the other floors, floor six was pitching black except for an inexplicable illuminated door at the end of very long corridor, which happened to be room 666.

“Well, I guess this floor has a problem with the lights”

“How in tarnation? Tha lights are fueled by magic!” Applebloom says unwilling to go into the darkness

“There is a reason the lights are out” Spike said going with an analytical analysis. “Perhaps they work with light sensitive stuff up here?”

The crowd of ponies and Spike discussed the matter, they were also determined to not cross such dark hall. Sweetie Belle walked to the front with her horn pointing upward.

“I don’t know why the lights are out but I am not staying here all day!”

Clearly sick of classes Sweetie closed her eyes and concentrated all she could in an attempt to cast magic. The first seconds were a showing of jammed veins and teeth greeting accompanied with the stare of a disbelieving Applebloom.

“Sweetie Belle, you ain’t doing magic …”

Sweetie took a breath from the exhausting effort and turned to face Applebloom.

“I’m not done yet!”

Sweetie pointed at the darkness again. She doubled her efforts and groans but the darkness only seemed to increase.

“You almost popped yo head ther’!” Applebloom laughed heartily alongside some fillies and Spike. Sweetie Belle blushed heavily both from the effort and the shame. Being the first to stop laughing, Spike brandished a pocket watch from his backpack checked the time.

“Guys! We are late, what if the teacher is there?!”

“Umm … We missed some classes?”

Spike’s eyes widened, and involuntarily rushed his feet towards the dark corridor.

“Hey wait!”

Applebloom and the rest of the group instantly followed behind her tail. Inside the pitch blackness not even friendly shapes could be seen and the ponies were forced to guide themselves by sound. With the lack of vision, bodies bump and bounce of others which identity the could not tell apart.

“Guys I’m here, I made it!” Spike shouts triumphal to the darkness.

“Wha’? How you made it?”

“… just follow the door”

Applebloom turned her head and noticed how the door 666 was slightly illuminated. It was shining compared to the swarthy corridor.

“Oh …”

Applebloom’s head materialized in the light, and she brought some ponies behind her tail, from their look they received the quite the scare. Spike took command of the group and ran a list for any missing members.

“Okay, are we all here?”

All the foals in front of him nodded certain of it.

“Great I think we are all here! Oh wait …”

It didn’t take him long to realize the missing cannot tell if they are here, at least they can’t with gestures.

“I know! Who isn’t here, scream like hell!”

A screech painful to the ears came from the darkness. Its sound fitted a saw cutting titanium. Since no pony alive but one could scream that loud they immediately knew it was Sweetie Belle.

“Sweetie dumb! Follow the light!”

“But that goes to the fifth floor!”

“The other light!”

“…!”

Taking her several seconds Sweetie Belle came forth to the door.

“Well that was easy”

Applebloom gave her a reproaching frown and gentle knead her ears for alleviation from the recent noise. Spike decided it was safe to uncover his ears and no losing any time he opened the door. The inside of the classroom was just like any other, same educator’s desk, same boards and same quantity of seats. But it differs with the illumination being poor, good enough to see the seats but it was hard to read a book in it. The students sit and do the only thing they could, wait for the teacher. Since it was 10 minutes past the initiating hour, Spike suspected there may be a mistake with the classroom. To support his theory the lights of the sixth floor were turn off.

“I think we been indicated the wrong room …” Spike rechecked his schedule.


“My dear, you are in the right classroom”


An adult voice was heard. Everyone looked sideways searching for the owner of the voice.

“Oh no, it’s a monster!”

“Sweetie Belle don’t be ridiculous”

For his surprise, two scarlet orbs about the size of an eye took place over the desk. They lolled still for the first seconds. Spike gulped and stood paralyzed in front of the unknown entity. When the foals were aware of them, instinct dictated it was better not to do sudden movements nor loud noises. Unfortunately the foals didn’t feel that way and made a chaotic mini panic event. Their screams and spasmodic reflexes will have the attention of the whole town in no time. Undisturbed by the uproar the supposed monster moved his flying orbs towards one side of the classroom. A hanging twine was pulled down and huge curtains allowed sunlight inside the room.

It took few seconds for the students to stop screaming. Since there was not an actual threat at all, Spike came from under a seat and talked to the figure near the window.

“Umm, Sir?”

The foals stopped any noise at unison and stared at the owner of the flying orbs. A tan hooded Pegasus with a disapproving look on returned a gaze to the kids.

“You look like you just saw a ghost”

“I think that was the case …” Spike whispered bending a sweat.

The students slowly pick themselves up, fix their saddlepacks and avoid looking at the teacher due to the shameful situation he witnessed. An awkward air hovers in the classroom magnified by the educator’s silence and rigid glare.
“Sir, you scared us! And what were you doing anyway?!”

Some pony like Sweetie didn’t feel like owning an apology to a certain teacher.

“I was sleeping”

Her jaw dropped dead after hearing his answer. Applebloom has a question too but she was not going to ask until finding her assigned beret, which unfortunately flew off her head as the panic event took place.

“And why ar’all the lights off?”

Several students supported her question with nods and questioning looks meant for the oldest Pegasus in the room. He took a second to scratch his mane and calmly speak.

“ ’cause there is still daylight outside?”

He held the twine again and gave a demonstration of the functioning curtains. The kids thought for a while. Spike concluded all of this reasons justify all the weird stuff they’ve seen in the sixth floor. It was dark because the curtains were well shut and the lights were off because it was still daylight. Nothing odd is yet waiting to be explained. For the other side, some foals found the matter quite troublesome to figure out so they simply forgot it and didn’t need any more explanations to proceed.

The big Pegasus considered no more questions needed to be answered, judging by the lack of disorientation in their innocent faces. He opted to begin the teaching already.

“Welcome students … My name is Clan, aaaandd…” A persistent yawn distorted his voice while presenting himself.

“I’m sorry for that, still a little snoozy”

Clan opened a light folder over his desk. Searching for specific information, a lone hoof passes pages until his eyes reached the wanted paper. His eyeballs lifted from the document and moved onto the students, a rather childish grin morphed in his mouth revealing and upper and lower row of spotless teeth.

“Hello there dragon child! Welcome to Orientation class”

Clan was the first one today to remark the fact Spike is dragon. Spike often liked being the epicenter of attention, except for those occasions where no good could come from the current situation. The look of this teacher on Spike originated goose bumps, for his eyes constantly reminded him of the reason he almost didn’t make it inside this institution. They were judging and looking for an opening to discriminate at any second. For the other side considering how warm his welcome was, it deserved to re-consider his intentions since they were inside a fine organization dedicated to prepare and form kids into intelligent adults. Spike momentarily forgot the progress of time as he recovered, his subconscious suggested him to rush return his salutations with a formal sentence.

“Ooh, thanks Sir! I’m looking forward to learn loads from you!”

Maybe he over did it with that but it did not matter now. Maybe this guy looks at Spike funny because he thought it was awesome this place has a dragon taking classes, or perhaps he is a racist bastard that will make hell of his life. Regardless of which one, Spike won’t misbehave.

“Heh, me too”

He drives his body and eyes to one side of the classroom. With an aptitude willing to impart some classes, he grabs a marker and writes the name of the subject.

“On with this, I will be teaching Orientation as I stated before”

“But what kind of Orientation is this?!” Spike couldn’t resist asking.

Clan smiled softly as he found amusement on the curiosity of Spike.

“Mental orientation”

There was suspecting mutterings around the numerous seats. Quickly after they are done discussing, Applebloom ventures to raise a hoof. The Pony in charge of the class motions her to tell the problem.

“What’s mental horientaion?”

“Itsss … A function of the mind” Applebloom’s left eye narrows upon the overwhelming confusion. “’Sigh’ In other words we will see most of the functions of the mind, so you can have a better understanding of it and apprehend philosophical concepts such as objectivity, cognition, imagination, self awareness, what is right, what is wrong, what is and what isn’t …” Every pony only looked like not understanding any further. Unlike the rest, Spike got every word and he had an opinion for the resolution of his partners.

“Man, they are more lost than in Twilight’s class”

Clan raises an eyebrow and tries to simplify the term to the minimum.

“My class will help you know all the truths of life. Is that clear enough?”

Seconds after, one by one head flickers upon getting the usefulness of this subject. Indeed the brain was an intriguing organ, not only capable of collection so much data but also simulating consciousness. The foals begin a chorus about the possibilities of this class, and more than one agrees this could the most interesting class of all.

Clan looks over the wall designated clock.

“Hey kiddos, class is over. We reached the finishing time”

Soon after the school bell rings as usual, sending the message all over Ponyville. Instead of the expected yell of excitement the foals slowly discern they must be on their way home, a phenomenon cause by the excellence of the teachers upon imparting a successful class both educative and entertaining. Spike slowly stands from his seat and settles to reunite with Twilight outside the building. Everything was going too quick, Spike had so many complains about this class and it ends as sudden as it begins.

“First it was dark scary, teacher was late, teacher was sleeping, I thought he may have a problem with me, then when things are looking good bell rings and we just go home like nothing happened?!” Spike did think this out loud.

Clan, the educator designated to this class overheard what Spike had to say. Clan brought a hoof over his head and knocked it playfully. Spike looked at him with confused eyes.

“Don’t worry kid. Tomorrow, same hour, same classroom”

He walked down to the fifth floor and disappeared from Spike’s sight. Spike scratched his head intrigued.

“Is that Stallion constantly changing mood or it’s just me?”

Standing in the middle of the dark hallway would not take Spike very far. He held his backpack and walked until he met with Twilight outside. A beautiful sight was met instead.

Dozens of foals were walking out the institution with excitement of reuniting with their perspective parents and relatives. Family ponies and mothers received their Children happily, first hugging them and second asking how their day was or if they were hungry. Of course many students revealed how much they liked the magical obligatory berets and how cool the teachers imparted classes, especially since they didn’t leave any homework for them. Pegasus families landed one after another to greet their daughters and sons, and shortly fly up with them back to their cloud city. It looked like a gigantic meeting of glory where the only thing to see was parents rejoicing to see their kids.

Spike looked down a little tired. Seeing so much smiles and attention being distributed triggered a thought of his parents. Who were they? Where are they? Are they still alive? They were probably 2 savage beasts that parted ways the very first day the mated. Even thought that thinking made him feel less nostalgic of them, it didn’t guarantee their true nature. Loneliness stroked like heavy rain, Cold, uncomfortably wet and the feeling you just couldn’t keep it from soaking your whole.

Before tears of sorrow could slide on his face, a warm hoof patted him on his shoulder, spreading pleasant heat across his body and drying away all the loathsome ‘salty water’.

“Hello Spike! How was your day?”

Spike looked up to see a face so bright it obscured to sun to his eyes. Matched with a voice so soothing that no matter the situation, he was all right.

Spike smiled softly and immediately hugged her, wanting more of that energy that washes loneliness away. Perhaps it was called love, but it was different love. It was cherish, the feeling that someone will love you and still love no matter what. Even if you failed them they would still love you and never harm you and hold you dear until their impeding deaths, and do everything they can to make sure you are the last to forget.

“Huh? Spike, are you all right? Wait … did you set something on fire?!”

Twilight reacted pretty much opposite to how he expected.

“No, I am just happy to see you!”

Twilight calmed her haunches. After telling herself no fire alarms were heard throughout the whole day, she motioned Spike to hop in her back so they could both go home.

“You didn’t tell me how your day was”

“It was fine. History was fun, biology was the same, in math you overdid it a little, you can’t just show us advanced equations the very first day”

“Hahaha, I promise I will go easier next time!”

“You better. About Gym, Rainbow Dash made me run the whole field over and over! She got to understand I got two legs, not four!”

Twilight giggles heartily as if hearing a funny healthy joke.

“Sexual Education was just disgusting, even more for me since I’m not even a pony. And finally, Orientation”

“Did something interesting happen? I know the teacher is very close to the headmaster and he wears clothes even when the weather is hot!”

“No wonder he avoids the sun”

Spike remembered all the randomness and adventure that went on for that single hour. How he crossed a pitch black hallway and could swear he saw a monster or ghost. Also how he was revealed the nature of said class, which was perfect to develop the minds of every pony.

“Yeah he sure is odd. But nothing odd happened, just orientation class, nothing else to see”

He didn’t wish to mention the silliness he went through. Passing by the Sugar cube corner, Twilight offers to go buy chocolate shakes for both of them. Spike instantly agrees and wonders if he can have some diamond dust powered in his instead of sugar. But he discarded this because diamond is too darn expensive. So he reluctantly accepts the shake and enjoys yet another moment with the only pony he could maybe one day call Mom.

Author's Note:

Those who were waiting for this, I'm sorry for the delay. I got sapped by finals and work while trying to write this. I put a lot of effort on this one. Nevermind, its finally here and its all yours. Have a nice day!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment