• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 646 Views, 5 Comments

The Seamstress and The Suitor - vigilanteangelana



A story of a young, beautiful, seamstress who wanted to be in the spotlight of her famous work of fashion and. But, her dreams would never come true. Unless, an suitor came to her shop and made her life upside.

  • ...
7
 5
 646

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Four hours of traveling, the train arrives at the train station in Canterlot. Rarity gathers her things and walk out the door. Once waiting of her arrival the royal guards, who Twilight told the Princess of Rarity stay in the Canterlot for two weeks. So, Princess Celestria accepts the offer of letting Rarity staying at the castle. She glad to have a friend like Twilight.

The guards escort her to the carriage as one of them places her bags in the carriage. Then on their way the castle, Rarity felt like royalty already. She just wish she would live here instead of living in Ponyville. That is one of the reason she tried her best to be like them.

“Ma'am, we are here.” said the guard.

Snap out of her daydreaming, she notice they arrive at the castle. She thank them and gathers her things. One of the guard offers to carried her bags. She accepts and let him carried to her room. One there, she was greeted by Princess Celestia.

“Welcome, Rarity. I hope you enjoy your stay in Canterlot will be swell.”

“Yes. Of course. Fancypants, however, inviting me this party he is throwing. But, I wonder what is it about though?” she questioned.

She knows she does have a crush on Fancypants ever since the garden party disaster. He was the only stallion who would never think of her as a “country” pony from Ponyville and her friends too. Relief was all she won't be worried of.

“Oh, you haven't heard?” said Princess Celestia.

“Heard what your grace?” said Rarity being formal.

“Fancypant has proposed to Fleur di Lis. He getting married.”


The words starting to replay over and over. Married. He's getting married. Married to that pink maned mare, who always cling on him dearly.

Her upper hoof cover her eyes. Tears leak down her cheeks, hair being all messy, her makeup being smudged. She just lays there. Heartbroken. She rolled on her back. Eyes focusing on the ceiling then things started to get blurry as she cries.

She cries and cries, and cries. Wailing her heart out. About a few hour, minutes, or so, she calm down. Feeling resurged and sloppy, she groggy walk over to the bathroom to wash away her depression.

Turning on the warm water as she step in letting the water hit her coated body. She sigh and bring washing herself. Once the bath is over she instantly walk her way the mirror. Glanced out the window seeing that Celestria is lowing the sun down as Luna begin to rise the moon. The time for the party is under way. So, Rarity begins to get herself ready.


It was an early night and the party just started. Many ponies have gather at the castle ball for Fancypants and Fleur di Lis's congratulation party for their marriage. Chatting stuff and so on. Rarity had arrive at the party. She wearing a beautiful pink dress with her hair made in a bun.

(A/N: If you all are wondering what dress am talking about, it the one in the season 3 episode 3: Too Many Pinkie Pies.)

A few of mares caught glimpse her dress and was awed by it and, somehow, goes over to her and ask how lovely her outfit is. Rarity felt graceful of her work she is wearing. Being admired by them made her a bit better from her depression she had. Not too sure of being here though. All she wanted to find Fancypant, congratulate him of his propose, and leave.

Excuse herself to get herself a drink from talking with the mares she strolled her way the food table. Saying “excuses” and “pardons” of getting through these ponies in her way but stop herself to upon some pony, some stallion she does not won't to meet. Standing right there by the food table is none other that the rude prince.

Prince Blueblood.

So many flashbacks flash through her eyes of remembering what happen last time at her first time at the gala. The snobby prince was ungrateful and rude to Rarity at the gala. Even used her as a shield when the cake that Pinkie Pie dived in, heading towards them. Just because he didn't won't his coat get ruined.

She will never forgive him.

And so she took a deep breath and walk over to the punch bowl. She took a glass as she about to magically herself a punch, some pony beat her to it and pour it to her glass. Her brow raised and look at the pony who do it. It was none other than Prince Blueblood himself.

She thought to herself, 'why would he do that?'

“Um, thank you, Prince Bluebood,” small smiled across her gentle face.

“You are very welcome, Miss Rarity,” he said with a gently smile.

Both didn't say much or tried to say anything.

“Well... once again thanks for the punch,” as she was about to leave a hoof grab her gentle by her arm.

“Miss Rarity, wait. There is something I needed to say,” he pleaded.

She glance at him startle by this sudden reaction, “Yes?”

“Miss Rarity... I... am sorry,” he apologized, “after how I treated you at the gala last time. I was such as you say a “royal pain” to you. How I was uncounted to a woman.”

Rarity, without a doubt could not believe what she hearing. This had got to be a joke or is he pretending to be sorry.

“Are you serious or you just being sorry for what you did to me at the gala last time?”

“I am quite serious. Please, Miss Rarity, I am sorry for using you as a shield after that cake was heading towards us. I just don't want to get my coat all dirty. Hehe…” He notices she was glaring at him.

“Too soon?”

“Too soon.” she grumble.

“Ah. Yes. Sorry. Well, Miss Rarity, I must leave you in peace. I hope that someday we sort out of our deals and start over. Good day, m'lady,” as he said he leaves her be.

Who could have image? Him. Apologize to her. He did use her as a shield and she still won't forget them. But, he did apologize so she will forgive him.


Hours has past and the party went perfectly. Soon, it was now time for Fancypants announce his sayings. Everypony gather around to hear. Well, everypony, except, Rarity. She kind of glad to hear him married some mare who always clinging on him a lot. Just hearing him speak of how he loves his soon to-be-wife makes her gag.

She couldn't take this so instead goes to the garden outside. In the garden, there are some animals in there, minding their own business. Rarity saw an opening spot as she goes over and sat on the ground.

Once she alone, she let herself cry.

“Oh, how can I be so selfish?” she said, “Why didn't I declined the invitation he sent me?”

Drop of tears still raining down from her face, soaking the ground. She whimpers and wails. She kept on crying without noticing a handkerchief floats to her face. When she does notice it, she at first blink for a moment, but took it wiping her eyes.

Once she was done she wonders who gave her a handkerchief. Did somepony heard her cried?

Maybe.

Author's Note:

end of chapter 2. i know am gonna get some more complaints about the grammar error. look, i don't even care about if people likes or dislike my story. i don't care, okay? and, also, if y'all got a problem about my english? don't ever say that to me, alright? i got somebody told me that they can't understand my english and stuff and that crap got me upset. so please for me don't fuss at me about that.

anyway, i made Prince Blueblood apologize to Rarity after what he did to her at the gala. I know he's a jerk and all. but, i kind of feel he deserves a second chance.

next chapter is coming up soon.

Comments ( 1 )

I like this story, you should finish it :twilightsmile::heart::twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment