• Published 3rd Mar 2013
  • 794 Views, 12 Comments

The Crusade is Over - WingedInferno



When your fate is revealed: does it shape you or do you shape it? When the the crusade for their cutie marks ends, the three little fillies find out what their friendship is really about.

  • ...
4
 12
 794

Morning: Apple Bloom

As the rays of the sun touched Sweet Apple Acres, it found a family already hard at work. It was a pretty typical sight really. Apple Bloom needed to be dragged out of her bed, but once awake; was ready to join her siblings in her portion of the chores for the morning. There were three large plots of land on the farm used for orchards: two of which were in their off seasons. For now, they worked the plot of land that was producing apples. It had been a bit of a fight for the past few months, but today looked like a good day. The fruit in the orchard was looking mighty heavy this morning, ready for a good buck.
The baskets were already laid out, waiting to collect the falling apples. The youngest took her station on the perimeter of their first tree, ready to weed out the bad apples that fell to the ground: as was her regular duty. Big Macintosh approached his sisters, a thin piece of grass between his teeth. Applejack shot him a smile,

“Ready, Big Mac?”

Her voice flowed like honey out of a jar,

“Ee’yup.”

The confidence of a stallion that had been bucking apples for a decade; he turned quarter and gave the tree a swift and mighty kick with one powerful leg. The tree shook as though caught up in a hurricane; its heavily laden branches easily letting go their fruit. Applejack easily rounded up the apples as they fell, avoiding the rotten ones as they came. With a little bat of her hoof, she would knock the bad apples towards her younger sister who collected them without complaint.
The work continued like this till they’d cleared a goodly portion of the trees in the blossomed section of the orchard. The entire time, Apple Bloom did her portion of the chores; even though her mind had wandered off to her friends. Sweetie Bell had promised a whole list of ideas for them to try today. The little filly could hardly wait for their meeting to begin.

Comments ( 10 )

Did I confuse you? This story will take place over a few more chapters. These three are from the perspective of the CMC during their respective beginning of the same day.

There are some minor grammar bothers, but otherwise this is a spectacular idea.

Good work cant wait for more

A bit of a slow start, all told. You might have done better to have waited and then published the first two segments rather than just the first because, right now, we only have your summary to tell us what's happening.

Still, this is well-written and, being a CMC addict, I'll be more than willing to wait a few more instalments to get to the meat of the story.

MOAR!!!!!!!!!!!:flutterrage: please?:applecry:

Okay I didn't see this page but, if I were you I would just post it as one chapter.:applejackunsure:
Peace out:pinkiesmile:
-Ginger:heart:

hurry and update soon :)

Update?? Pleaseeeee??? :applecry::applecry::applecry:

Login or register to comment