• ...
11
 14
 1,374

Shocking Truth

Even a Princess Has Feelings:Chronicles of Blackbell
Chapter 3
Shocking Truth

I was in the library of canterlot looking for a place where I could sit and wait for Twilight. As I looked around I noticed all of the books on the massive bookshelves all around me. That’s when I noticed a certain book that had my dads name on it called “The History of Prince Jerry.” Now when I saw that I just used my magic and took it off the bookshelf.


I levitated in front of my and saw how dusty it was. I wondered how long it had been since anypony had even opened or held the book. I blew at the book making dust and whatever else was on it fly through the air. I waved my hoof in the air to get rid of the dust that flew and coughed slightly as I breathed some in by accident.

I then opened the book and saw to my surprise what it was. The book said “History of Prince Jerry. Written by: Prince Jerry.” I was intrigued by this as I flipped to the next page. But not today I really wished that I never ever opened the book.


The book went on from the very beginning of the life of my.....dad. From when he was in his home world called “Earth”.....and then it went on from when he was in his car driving.


(Sometime Later)


I had to put the book down I... I just had to. I read too much for me to comprehend. I had no idea at all of what happened after my father had arrived. I was never told from my mom, dad, nor by Twilight. For when he arrived strange things started happening starting with...my uncle Shining. From what I was told about him from Twilight and my Aunt Cadence that he was so kind and gentle unless provoked.


But in what my dad had written about the fight it was far from the Uncle I knew. I mean he.....killed my dad! I could already feel the tears in my eyes flow out and down my cheeks. I took a shaky breath as I looked around quickly hoping that nopony was around watching from the distance. Luckily I saw nopony around as I looked down at the book. It was opened towards the end of the book by now.


My heart was racing from fear. To tell the truth I didn't want to finish it, but I had to or the thought would just linger in my head for awhile. As I picked the book up I heard a familiar voice behind me.


" I see you found the book your Dad tried so hard to hide." I turned and saw my Mom standing behind me. My eyes went wide in surprise as I saw her. From shere surprise I droped the book from magical grasp and it fell onto the floor making it close.




"Mom! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" I yelled placing my hoof to my chest trying to control my rapid breathing.
My mom just gave a gentle smile at me.




“Sorry about that sweetie.” She said in an apologetic voice. I just let out a sigh from this.



“It’s ok mom.....you just caught me by surprise is all. But this book....... I mean..... this all really happened?” I asked. She just nodded.



“Everything you read really happened just in his point of view. He decided to make this book to tell all the other ponies in the castle and even in ponyville what happened to him and how he got here. If you have any questions about this that you may not understand you are free to ask me.” I had to think a little bit before the question I wanted to ask came to mind.


“Well...I was at the part when the castle was invaded then I was...kidnapped. Well i’m still here and alright but....how was I brought back? I mean from what I read I should be...dead right?” I asked. She just let out a sigh as I could tell she was contemplating on what she should tell me. She placed a hoof gently on my shoulder as she gave me her answer.


“Your father and I have talked about this several times already. But we believe that they only took you to get to us. I mean if they wanted to......they really could’ve killed you. At the castle even. So they really took you so we would come and try to rescue you. I’m sure they thought they would win. But somehow we won.”


“How? I mean if they were able to take me as easily as they did then they surely had more troops than we did at the time.” That’s when she smiled at me.


“Well you see we had something they didn’t. We had more will to fight and a reason to. We all fought to come and rescue you. Not only that but many of the guards that helped with the fight fought to avenge those who died. We all had our own reason to fight, but of course your father and I had our main reason.” I smiled at her.


“To save me.” She nodded and pulled me into a hug. I hugged back and as we held the embrace another question came to mind.


“Mother....I have another question.” We broke the embrace as she looked at me with a question look on her face. “What ever happened to that mist? The one that attacked Aunt Luna and father?”


“Well.....you got me there. Tell you the truth I don’t know myself. Your father never answered that for me. I don’t think that he even knows himself.” She replied. I let out a sigh not towards her but for not having an answer. I just shrugged.


“Oh well you can’t always get answers for everything right? But how was my father able to survive all that happened to him?” I asked. Mother shrugged.


“Again I have no idea. I never bothered to ask him those kind of questions for I was just happy that he was alive and here with me. Some questions are left better unanswered and asked. Now c’mon I came to get you for your father would like to speak to you and don’t worry about Twilight. Something came up at the last second so she won't be here.” I nodded as I followed her placing the book back on its shelf.


As we walked through the castle to get to where she was leading me I looked around again and saw all the paintings on the wall just admiring them. Before I knew it I we were at the entrance to the room I was told never to go into. It was where my father did his studies and work. His “den.”


“He’s waiting for you. He wanted to talk to you alone. He knows about your nightmares as do I. He wanted to tell you what happened during the battle.” I looked at her with shock on my face.



“Wait...he’s gonna tell me what happened? You mean the whole battle or...” I let that word linger.


“No....he’s not gonna describe the battle for it would be too graphic. He wants to tell you somethings I can’t answer for you. Some things that went through his head as he charged into battle.” That’s when she opened the door with her magic and sitting there in the middle of the room was my father. Waiting for me with a small smile on his face.

Author's Note:

Well here it is. I am truly sorry for the very long wait I gave you guys. It's just that I had a lot of things going on so I wasn't able to write much until at this moment. I hope that not many un favorite this fic for it not being updated. Again i'm sorry and I will try my best to continue this story. CYA NEXT TIME!

Comments ( 3 )

Intresting, looking forward to more

WHY IS THIS STILL INCOMPLETE...AFTER ALMOST TWO YYYEEEAAARRRSSS ???????

Login or register to comment