• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 1,091 Views, 11 Comments

Pinkie Pie's Final Party - furrypony



The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune have deprived Pinkie Pie of every one of her best friends. Without any will to live on, she decide to throw a final party in memoriam of her bygone friendship.

  • ...
2
 11
 1,091

Appendix: Pinkie’s Note

Dear Princess Celestia,


I hope you’re glad to receive a friendship report after such a long time, but I’m afraid this is also the last one you’ll ever receive from us, and I’m really sorry about this, but sometimes things just don’t go as we wish.

I want to report my final lesson about friendship. Ever since I discovered my talent in partying and socializing, I have made many many friends. I used to say that everypony in Ponyville was my friend, and among them were the five best friends of mine.

But I was wrong. To call Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rarity my “best friends” was an understatement. They were my soul mates. We shared our souls with each other, and none of us was complete without the others. Compared to them, my other “friends” were really just “acquaintances”. If only I had realized this earlier, before I lost them, I would have spent less time remembering trivial details, such as everypony’s birthday and favorite color, and used the time to hang out with my true friends. Having tea, watching the clouds, talking about stuffs, anything… Maybe then I wouldn’t feel so torn inside now.

But it might as well make it harder to lose them. With each loss, my soul was ripped off a piece, a wound that only true friendship can heal. When Applejack died, we had each other to rely on, and I even felt like throwing parties again after four months had passed. But then, within a week, I lost all the rest, tearing my soul to shreds. I tried so hard to live on. I tried to make new “best friends”, tried living in another place, tried taking medicines, but it just wouldn’t heal. Without my soul mates, my pain only got worse, day by day. I can’t take it anymore.

I am so sorry, but I just can’t. This is the price for soul mates, as I have learned. But I’m willing to pay the expensive price, and if I were to be given the choice again, I would choose the same, even if that means meeting the same sad end.

Is there an afterlife? I know you probably won’t answer, but the answer won’t matter to me anyway. If there is, then I’ll soon see them again; if there really is nothing beyond death, at least the pain will stop. Either way, I’ll never feel lonely again.

Just one last favor to ask, Princess: I beg you to watch over my sisters after I’m gone. Again, forgive my selfishness, but I can’t bear to be separated from my friends any longer.


Farewell,
Pinkie Pie

Comments ( 9 )

2115712
2116923
I know, right? :pinkiesad2:

2120173
Thank you! I'm 17 and I'm usually pessimistic, always looking on the dark side of life. I took a lot of thinking into this story to prevent discontinuities or out-of-character. I had a lot of fun and a lot of sad writing this. Glad you like it!

Love it poor pinkie

:pinkiegasp:
Wow, just amazing! I haven't seen a fanfiction this good since I've read My Little Dashie. This has to be the second best MLP fanfiction I've ever read. You'll be honoured to know that this is the very first story I will be adding to my favourites!

3135681
Thank you:pinkiesad2: It's not that good... but I'm flattered, really. I consider it a job well done if my work genuinely moves just a single reader.

You may take interest in my other story: Sparkle No More

I haven't read My Little Dashie yet, but I have read enough references to it to know the story. I bet it's going to be 20 times better than mine. Still, thank ya kindly:ajsmug:

3136795It's a very good story, but I think yours can compare to it. It's very beautifully written. If you really think this story isn't that good, try reading my story, Fluttershy's Bad Day. Then, you know what's not so good.

Ohgod the feels!:fluttershbad:

makes one just cry reading it one time

Login or register to comment