• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 420 Views, 3 Comments

The Cutie Mark Crusaders and Lyra Heartstrings in: Flesh and Stone - ADRNEL



The CMC are sent back in time by moving statues, and with help from Detective Lyra Heartstring, defeat the statues and get back home.

  • ...
 3
 420

Chapter III

Darkness.

That is all Apple Bloom could see after finding herself locked in the basement. She gets up and picks up the book of matches that Vodka gave her before locking her in. She then takes a match by her mouth, strikes it on the matchbook and uses the now lit match to find a room filled to the brim with crates and antiques. She turns around to see behind her, only to be met by a frightening sight; a unicorn statue with a scary face and showing its sharp teeth.

Apple Bloom screams, dropping the match, and causing the room to decend back into darkness. Her screams are then cut off as the statue gets her.


In Ponyville, it is still dark and raining as Sweetie Belle is trying to figure out what to do next and Scootaloo is reading the book to see where Apple Bloom and the detective went.

"Great!" exclaims Sweetie Belle, "First Apple Bloom gets transported here, then a statue attacks us and now we're alone, wet and lost!"

"That wasn't an ordinary statue, according to the book, they're called the weeping angels and they send their victims back in time while feeding on their energy." explained Scootaloo, face buried in the book. She then spots what she's looking for. "I found something! Apple Bloom and Detective Melody Heart have been taken to a cottage outside of Ponyville near the Everfree forest owned by the notorious antiques smuggler Vermouth."

"But there's only one cottage in that location, and Fluttershy lives there, or did, haven't seen her there in three months already." stated Sweetie Belle.

"Well, according to this book, it belonged to Vermouth, so we're going there." explained Scootaloo. She takes the book and puts it in her saddlebag. Scootaloo then gallops off towards the direction of the cottage while Sweetie Belle sighs and reluctantly follows.


At Vermouth's cottage, Lyra and Bon Bon are forced into a bedroom by two guards and each of them are then tied up to a chair. The mares struggle as Vodka walks in with a smile on his face. "There is no use in struggling you two, nopony is going to save you now." Vodka then goes over to a large curtain covering up a corner of the room, he pulls on a rope causing the curtain to open and reveal a unicorn statue, chipped, tied in iron chains and bolted to the floor.

"You captured a weeping angel?" said a stunned Lyra.

"Of course I did, lost several of my workers, but it was worth it." announced a smug Vermouth, entering the room just as Vodka leaves. "I'm using this one to lure the statues here, I have another in the basement, the blank flank is getting to know it very well as we speak." continued Vermouth, refering to Apple Bloom.

"No wonder those things have been swarming Ponyville," snarled Lyra. "You've been torturing one of their kind and that statue is screaming, screaming across time and space!" continued Lyra, starting to feel a little sorry for the chipped statue. "That explains why there is a statue in Ponyville 70 years from now, it heard its cries of pain across time."

Vermouth just smacks her face with her hoof. "Nopony questions my methods!" yelled the stallion. "Besides, once I have all of them, not only will I make a fortune, but I could also use them to intimidate Celestia to give the kingdom to me." he explains. "They are the creatures she fears the most after all."

"What are you going to do to us?" asked Bon Bon, concerned about Lyra and herself.

"Let the statue here kill you nicely." answered a smilling Vermouth.


In the living room, Vodka is on the couch reading a fashion magazine. "My brother is going to love these designs." he states to himself. His thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door, he goes to the door only to be met by a young green pony mare, with an umbrella and a pie.

"Ann?" asked Vodka, "What are you doing here? The boss is a little busy at the moment and can't be bothered."

"But we planned t'have dinner here tonight! Mah Ma worked hard t'bake this here pie!" explained the mare in her country accent, wanting to be let inside. Vodka can smell how delicious that pie smells.

"Look, I'm sorry, but something business related came up and your coaltfriend can't see right now, but my boss promises to make it up for you with a nice fancy dinner in Canterlot." explained Vodka, trying to keep his boss' marefriend calm. "Now, give me the famous Apple family pie and come back tomorrow." he ordered.

The mare does as she is told, she gives Vodka the pie. "Tell yer boss Vermouth, that his sweet li'l apple pie loves him." she says while walking off. "I will Ann, and tell your Ma' that she's a great baker!" waved Vodka. Once he's sure the mare is out of sight, he closes the door and goes to the kitchen to serve himself a slice. "That Apple family sure know their pies!"


At the same time, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo are behind the cottage next to the back door. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle turn the doorknob to find that it is not locked. They quietly sneak in, finding themselves in the kitchen, seeing no signs of anypony around. While Scootaloo slowly ventures out of the kitchen and into the dinning room, Sweetie Belle picks up the smell of a delicious pie, she looks up to find a pie sitting on a kitchen counter.

"Don't even think about it filly." said a voice. Sweetie Belle turns to see an angry Vodka, with pie filling covering his muzzel and holding Scootaloo tightly. "Nopony eats Ann Smith's pies except me and the boss!"

Sweetie Belle just stands there nervously, caught and not knowing what to do.

Author's Note:

Third Chapter!

Vermouth was once a coaltfriend (one of many) to Ann Smith (aka Granny Smith)
I named her after the cultivator and namesake of the Granny Smith apple: Maria Ann Smith (1799-1870).
This is only canon in my "Blinkverse" stories.

Also, Vodka is Sweetie Belle's great-granduncle

Hope you enjoy the story (and mythology gag) so far.

THANKS!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment