• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 11,189 Views, 1,050 Comments

A Pokemon Problem - Solecism



It turns out that alcohol, Pokemon, and poor decisions don't mix.

  • ...
38
 1,050
 11,189

(11) - Change

A Pokemon Problem

(11) - Change


After the two groups of Pegasi united, they quickly decided to put our fate aside while they dealt with the pegasus I'd flown into: Spear. The pony known as 'Ace' was replaced by 'Riptide,' who was the same one that was originally arguing with Spear over eating Seth. Her and the other pegasus (I found out that his name is Undertow; the generic one) volunteered to deal with us.

Their conversation as they dragged Seth and I was the only thing that gave me a sliver of hope.

"Would you mind explaining what happened to that bastard for me?" asked Riptide. "I want to know who to thank."

Undertow snorted. "You're helping drag it."

"Really?" She glanced at me through the net. I tried to look as innocent as possible. Kinda hard when you're a heavy metal rod. "This thing turned Spear's chest into a bloody pulp?"

He nodded. "I didn't believe it either, Sis, but I was on watch duty I saw that this thing—" he motioned with his head towards me, "—launched straight at Spear after he approached it."

Sis? Siblings, then. That made things a bit clearer.

"The hay were you doing up there? You should've called an alert as soon as that fluffy critter's friends came to visit."

"I'm not exactly sure what I was doing," Undertow admitted. "Maybe I wanted to see how Spear would handle it. And when he got his chest caved in, I might've taken my time in reporting it. It's really chilly up there, y'know..."

Riptide dropped her end of the net and nuzzled Undertow affectionately. "Thanks, bro."

Undertow returned the nuzzle. "Thank me when we get out of here and away from these psychopaths." They both resumed walking and continued to pull the net behind them.

I wished that I could pace back and forth, tap a finger, anything other than twiddle my imaginary thumbs while anxiously hoping that these two Pegasi were different than the others. Seth was still an unconscious heap; he didn't move, except for the occasional rotation from an above-average snow pile bumping into him, but he seemed to be otherwise unharmed. Must've been the Thick Fat.

I looked hopefully to the sky for a sign of Ryder, but there was nothing save for white, grey, and the odd flash of blue. Not sure if I've mentioned this or not, but I don't always make the best decisions. No shit, right? But still: I was seriously regretting telling Ryder that we'd escape ourselves.

The male pegasus, Undertow, started speaking again, this time with the subject returning to me, and that was enough to break me out of my melancholy 'what-ifs.'

"Do you think this thing understands what we're saying?" he asked, looking directly at me. More specifically, at my eye. I blinked once.

Riptide looked back over her shoulder at me as well. She snorted. "Why don't you ask it?"

Undertow glanced back at me uneasily before resuming eye contact with his sister. "And what's it going to answer with? Thing doesn't have a mouth." I would've made a face... if I had one. "I was just wondering," he continued, "why it didn't put up more of a fight before we got it into the mercrium net."

"They say that animals can sense the difference between a good pony and a bad pony. Maybe it just knew that Spear was bad, and that we're... well, not exactly good, but that we weren't going to hurt it?"

After her brother remained silent, she asked, "We aren't going to hurt it... right?"

"No. I doubt that we could, anyway: this thing must weigh more than I do."

"Well... where are we putting these things, then?"

Undertow was silent for a moment before answering. "The Pit."

That didn't sound good. Especially so, since it sounded like 'The Pit' was a dastardly place, worthy of fear.

Turns out, it was exactly what it sounded like.


\/\/\


They dumped Seth and I (the poor guy was still out cold—pun not intended) inside a hole in the middle of the ground, then covered it with the net that had so frustrated me earlier before walking away, probably to the crater.

The word 'mercrium' was all I got in terms of a material type for the net, but that fancy word doesn't even do the stuff justice: whatever it is, it's light, extremely strong, and acts like a liquid in solid form. The silvery threads also reflected what little sunlight shined down there straight into my eye, and it was rather annoying.

I attempted to fly out and take the net with me, but it acted like a rubber band, slinging me back into the hole with more force than I had left. I barely missed Seth coming down. Next, I tried ramming through the ground that surrounded me, but frozen solid dirt was much harder than I had anticipated.

I hovered back and forth, my version of pacing, for what felt like an eternity. I didn't know what those two Pegasi were doing; didn't know if they'd be back. I'd exhausted my two escape plans. Seth was still Fainted.

I decided to gently poke my head up against the net and see what I could see.

Snow, rocks, a tiny green shrub... and a large gathering of Pegasi flying to and fro from the crater. Christ, we were practically right next to it.

Suddenly, I had an idea. It was embarrassing (oh God, was it embarrassing), but I didn't have any options left. If Seth and I were to escape and reunite with Ryder, wherever he was, I had to do it.

Grumbling to myself, I waited until I was certain that no Pegasi were close or otherwise looking in my direction. When the coast was clear, I turned around and pressed my clawed ass against the net and concentrated.

Hey! Quit snickering! It's not funny!

Just when I thought that I had miscalculated, and that the net wasn't made of some sort of metal, my behind whirred and grabbed onto the net, slowly pulling it in and processing it. My... eating process was a lot stranger this time than the last: for one, I was forced to keep myself still while my butt worked its magic. Second, there was the immediate feeling of potential discovery that. Oh yeah, and then this happened.

My body stopped whirring, so I thought I was done—and free. Unfortunately, it was at this point that I felt a strange sensation course through my circuits... and then my body began to glow pure white.

Author's Note:

Sorry for no update yesterday: family stuff and the like.

Oh, and I probably shouldn't be proud of this comment, but I am anyway :3