• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 11,181 Views, 1,050 Comments

A Pokemon Problem - Solecism



It turns out that alcohol, Pokemon, and poor decisions don't mix.

  • ...
38
 1,050
 11,181

(30) - Denouement

A Pokemon Problem

(30) - Dénouement


There wasn't much more that I had to say to Celestia after that, and I think that suited her just fine: I could only presume that she was still shocked by my foreknowledge of events to come, but that didn't stop her from offering myself and the rest of my group room and board in the castle for as long as we needed.

Cindy, it seemed, had already found her place: she was the personal secretary of Celestia herself. I guess being bipedal, psychic, and having hands made her the perfect candidate for helping deal with the vast amount of information that running a nation required. When I excused myself, and thanked Celestia profusely for her generosity, Cindy stayed behind and told me she'd talk with me later. That was fine by me: I had all the time in the world now. Both literally and metaphorically speaking.

Overwatch guided me to where my friends were staying, and I felt all of their eyes upon me when I floated inside the sparsely decorated room and closed the door behind me.

I felt heavy, and very, very old when I spoke.

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news..."

/\/\/

With a jolt, I opened my eyes and saw not the white room and anxious faces, but instead saw a breathtaking view of an expansive valley, blue sky, and a pegasus that might have been shivering in cold, fear, or quite possibly, both.

I really hate recurring dreams: especially ones that are more like nightmares.

With a groan, I twisted and popped my joints, rolling my legs to make sure they were still working as intended. I didn't quite get the same sound levels as when I hibernated for nearly three hundred years, but the cricks were still noisy enough to ruffle the feathers of the pegasus. I shook my massive body, dislodging a thick layer of dust.

"Can I help you?" I asked, my voice sounding like gravel being dragged over sandpaper. I coughed and tried again, but my rough voice remained the same.

"Y-Y-You're a-a-alive!" was the exclamation I received.

"What, think I was a statue?"

The pegasus quickly nodded. Or maybe she just shook more: hard to say.

"Well, I'm not, and you interrupted my nap. You have a message for me, yes?" It was surprisingly often that I had to remind the infrequent messengers exactly what they were doing up on my plateau. It's like the sight of me makes them forget exactly what they're doing there in the first place.

"Yes... no... maybe... I don't know," stammered the pony. "I t-thought I was meeting s-somepony—"

"You are. Or at least, someone, but that's arguing semantics. Message please."

The pony fumbled with her saddlebag until she procured a scroll of questionable size. The poor pegasus could barely hold on to it, for crying out loud.

I took the scroll from her grasp with a simple effort of will, eliciting a squeal of surprise from the pony. Not even telling them that I was Psychic? Tsk-tsk, Celestia. How are you training your messengers these days?

I quickly read over the scroll, and I felt a feeling in my torso, one that I hadn't felt in a very long time. Adventure.

"Well," I said, returning the scroll to the traumatized pony. "My day just got interesting."

Author's Note:

Let it be known that I suck at writing endings, as can be evidenced by my previous attempt at finishing this story. Hopefully, hopefully, this ending works better!

If you've made it this far, thank you so much for putting up with me and the story, and I hope to see you in the (very near) future sequel! (Yes, I'll add a chapter with the link to it when it gets published!)

And a special thank you to everyone that showed me how much they love me (:heart:) by following/watching me! Literally overnight, I got an influx of 60+ new followers. Crazy! So thanks again!