• Published 24th Jan 2012
  • 1,665 Views, 30 Comments

The Past Life of Pinkamena Diane Pie - Mlws



The story behind Pinkie Pie's life on the rock farm and how she came to Ponyville. T for mild gore.

  • ...
3
 30
 1,665

A New, Kind Friend

I was finally somewhere I could belong, and I needed nothing more than this. I missed my old family, but as time went by it felt like they were slowly fading off into the distance. I really did miss them, or at least that’s what I kept telling myself. They were gone, but hey, I had a new life.

I had so many opportunities this week. I haven’t been writing in daily anymore, but I’m starting up a new personality, so I’m a little bit occupied. I got to bake, throw parties, laugh and sing and I really felt like a part of a new family. I felt wanted, and loved. It was a new feeling. It was a feeling I could get used to.

Oh, did I mention I got my cutie mark? I threw a party to rejoice the day of the rainbow explosion this week, and all of a sudden, BAM! There it was. My cutie mark lay on my flank, and the three little balloons symbolized my love for parties. I was euphoric, but I wasn’t going to do anything irrational like other fillies do. I once saw some filly scream and jump out of a window. It was scary. Luckily, they were caught by some pegasus guy.

I walked down the stairs and smiled at my new mother and father excitedly, wondering what was in store for us on such a lovely day. I pushed aside my fluffy hair so that I could look at my parents and I beamed. I was so happy with this new arrangement. They looked exhausted from yesterday. I could see droopy gray bags under their eyes. They had a huge delivery yesterday, and I wanted to jump around at the local trampoline emporium, so they had to have gotten a subpar amount of rest.

I stepped up to the table where they sat. Mrs. Cake sat still and sighed loudly as she looked at me with a weak smile. Mr. Cake tried to smile at me, but once he actually pulled together a smile, it looked like he was about to sneeze.

I sat down next to them and smiled before saying “So, how are you guys?”

Mr. Cake nearly jumped from his seat. He had started to doze off after putting forth all that effort to smile at me, and when I spoke, it awoke him from his teeny nap he had taken. He yawned and rubbed his eyes “I’m exhausted.”

His wife rubbed her eyes clear as well before stating nonchalantly “I’m pooped.”

I giggled. That was the first time I had ever heard that expression, but I was sure I’d use it from now on. I loved that so much. I found the fact they woke up to greet me sweet and kind, but if they needed rest, they should be asleep “Why are you two up? You need rest, you sillies!”

As I said this, they both began to shake their heads and say “No, really, it’s fine” but I interrupted them with a shove. I pushed them both upstairs and into their bedroom and then slammed the door shut and screamed “Go to bed!”

I heard them through the door. A muffled voice I thought was Mrs. Cake called out “But what will you do as we sleep?”

I assured them I would be fine and that I would go outside and explore Ponyville today. And with that, I went outside.

The air smelled of baked goods and crisp grass being cut in the distance. As I walked down the street, I felt my hoof shake a little bit, but I ignored it and walked on. I tripped over a small stone and cut my hoof, and my body replied with an overall shake. My body shivered to a stop of the shaking for a moment, and I became worried. I would ask Mrs. Cake to take me to the doctor later. But they were still asleep, and I had to wait. I thought about what the doctor would ask. I listed off a few questions to myself mentally. “Has this happened before? If so, where and when has it happened?”, “Is it painful when it happens?”, or maybe “What are the consequences?” would be probably be asked. I thought up possible answers for a moment. Has it happened before? Yeah. It has! I remember these weird twitches before Pa’s bird died, and now that you mention it, it happened when he died too. And when Ma and the sisters died, it happened too! It was never painful, but it was mentally painful from what would always happen afterwards. The consequences are… death? No… It had to be something else. I mean, they always died, but I was positive it wasn’t always death. It had happened to me when I was really young, even younger than now, and people would trip, or a flower pot would fall on somepony’s head. And I didn’t just see anyone die, so it can’t be death!

All of a sudden, I saw a smoke fly up into the air in the distance, and I panicked forthwith. I heard screams and cries of everypony around, and I knew something terrible had happened. I looked straight into the forest outside of Ponyville, and it had caught fire. The entire situation was chaotic, and I realized it was all my fault. If I hadn’t done it, the city would be calm. Out of nowhere, a heroic pegasus grabbed a cloud and made it pour over the forest, but by this time, I was sobbing. It was all my fault.

A small, soft voice called out to me saying “Excuse me, are you okay?”

I looked around myself, looking everywhere for a pony, and I finally came across one. A skinny little pink-maned pony lay on the ground before me, kindly smiling at me. She had a bunny on her head, but I ignored it and tried to reply “No… I’m not. It’s all my fault. That big fire, it was all my fault.”

The pony looked sad, and frowned at me “What do you mean?”

I shook my head and cried more “I don’t know! I don’t know how to explain it! Whenever I twitch, something bad happens!”

“That’s strange. I’ve never heard of that. Maybe you have some sort of future telling power.”

I laughed and wiped tears from my eyes “Hah! You might as well say I have ‘Pinkie Sense’”

She smiled “My name is Fluttershy, and from what I just heard, I assume your name is Pinkie.”

I started to feel better. This pony really knew how to make someone feel comfortable. I smiled at her “Yeah, my name is Pinkie. It’s nice to meet you, Fluttershy. I’m sort of new in town. I was just looking around, and I kind of started a fire.”

“I’m new here too. This is my first time on the ground. I live up in Cloudsdale. Where do you live?”

I answered, suddenly feeling calm “I live over in Sugarcube Corner. It’s a sweets shop here in Ponyville.”

She smiled. I assumed she liked sweets. She seemed really shy, but she opened up to me, and that made me feel special. I was really starting to like this new feeling. She started to stand up and said “Well, we can explore the town together, if you want.”

I nodded and grinned. I had a new friend. She and I both started walking down the road together and I finally felt like life would go on, with or without my “Pinkie Sense”.

Comments ( 4 )

hooray for pinkie! ^^

Awesome! You rock! :pinkiesad2:

I love depressing stories like this. It's probably one of my favorite stories on the site.

I read it all the way through till the end (Well, latest chapter XD )! You have very detailed writing, good job hope you continue on your stories.:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment