• Published 24th Jan 2012
  • 1,665 Views, 30 Comments

The Past Life of Pinkamena Diane Pie - Mlws



The story behind Pinkie Pie's life on the rock farm and how she came to Ponyville. T for mild gore.

  • ...
3
 30
 1,665

What Lead Me To Ponyville (Friday, October 13th - Tuesday, October 17th)

Friday, October 13th

Who was this mysterious woman? Could it be the ritual lady? I think so. I went to ask Ma, but she went inside. The zebra woman stood still, frozen by my “Hey! Who are you?” that I screamed a few moments earlier.

I screamed across our farm “I’VE NEVER SEEN ANYPONY BESIDES US AROUND HERE! I’M PINKAMENA! WHATS YOUR NAME?”

Suddenly, she bolted into the forest, and I was oh so very curious, so I followed her. It was a dumb idea, but I went deep into the spooky forest chasing her. This forest was full of dead trees, and it always seemed like something would live in it, but I would never ever check for myself. That is, until today. I chased this zebra until we came to a tree where the woman needed to rest. I was tired myself, being a little filly and all.

The woman’s deep, dark accent boomed through the forest “Leave me now, child! This is not safe for you, or for me! Run off! Shoo!”

I was shocked by her tone, and jumped a bit “Did you.. uh.. Bring them back?”
The zebra woman rolled her eyes at me “It doesn’t matter. I will never answer any of your silly questions. Leave me in peace by this tree, and you’ll surely know the answer. If it’s a yes, you will make it from the forest, and something miraculous and wonderful will happen to you. And if it’s a no, you’ll get lost in the woods, and get eaten by a dark creature, and you won’t ever see light, or your family. Run off now. Results are waiting for you.”

I was shaking. Would I get eaten? Oh please be the woman that brought them home. Please. These few thoughts ran through my head as I walked in the direction I came. I was scared to pieces. I tripped over a stick and vines tangled around me. I thought to myself, I’m doomed, there’s no way out. I might as well lay here. Life no longer remains a journey I should fulfill.
But then, I stood. The vines weren’t around me anymore. I was being over dramatic. I walked it off, and as I did so, I reached the edge of the forest. I made it out! I survived! I would live another day! At least one more!
I ran home as fast as I could to see my family, to hug them tight, and never let go. I saw Ma standing in the kitchen, still with droopy, sad eyes. I nearly trampled her with hugs and love, but I ran straight through her. She’s just a ghost. The remaining soul of my mother, who no longer existed, stood in the kitchen. Not Ma. It was just her soul. She had no body to claim and I was put through an emotional whirlwind. I stepped back, and went outside. I wasn’t worried about them anymore. I just wanted to see them happy, and I never had before in my entire, short filly life.

Time to work on the fields again, I thought. I pushed around these stupid dirt clusters for all of my life, and I could have sworn I’d be doing it for the rest of my life, all alone. I thought I’d do it the exact same way I’d been doing it that day. Alone in the fields, “rotating” the rocks (more like kicking) back and forth from field to field, every day for the rest of my life? No way. I wanted something new. Hopefully this last miraculous thing could change my life for the better.
Gertrude and Helga stood in the fields, kicking rocks, pouting as always, near my little wheelbarrow. It was ridiculous. I couldn’t touch them, but they could make things move with ghosty-powers like they were unicorns or something.

I remained in the farm, pushing around rocks until suddenly a whoosh of air flew in my face. It felt like a hurricane was starting up. The grey sky around me started to turn blue, and my whole world somehow shifted. Looking to the sky, a huge explosion of rainbows filled the sky, and the wind pushed my hair into a poof. The sky was bright, and beautiful. Bunnies, butterflies, birds and all sorts of creatures appeared before me. A magnificent rainbow stretched through the air, and made the whole world seem like a new place. It made me happy. It made me… Smile.. I had never felt joy like that before. I had never been… joyful. There were things that I felt mutual about, but there was never… THIS kind of feeling. I felt, well, euphoric! It was delightful! Everything was shown with beauty now. My hair was poofed into a new hair-do. I liked it, honestly. It matched my jubilation and merriment. I had an entire perspective of the world. I decided I would try to show this sort of view to everypony around. Well, more like everyponyghost around. I ran to the silo, and found everything I could to put together something nice. I wanted to throw a party. It would be a “Welcome back from the dead!” party, and we would all eat cake and dance.

The next morning, I threw together a party, a beautiful party. There was everything I wanted. Cake, streamers, music, snacks, and just everything I imagined a party would look like. Living my whole life in darkness, I had never been to a party. I made a party out of pure imagination and what made me happy. I had to, of course, do this in secrecy from Ma, Pa, Gertrude and Helga so that I could really make them happy.

I had baked sweets, collected apples, blown up balloons, and tied ribbons for days. But finally, when it was all done… I started the music. I blared the music real loud. The silo shook with the intense beat. My family walked outside of our small cottage and looked at the boring silo with curiosity. The music was only slightly muffled through the thin metal of the silo, so all they knew was that music was being played inside.

Ma yelled “Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?”

I peeked out of the silo door “Mom! I need you, Dad and the sisters to come in quick!” I then slammed the door and waited inside by the large cake I had made. I couldn’t wait for a reaction.
My ghost family opened the silo door and stood before me as I yelled “SUUURRPRRIIISE! YOU LIKE IT? IT’S CALLED ‘A PARTY’!”

They stood still, mouth shaking, staring at it. Father’s wheat grain that he always carried in his mouth had dropped to the floor.

“Aw. You don’t like it!” I cried, disappointed.

This sadness was soon to be interrupted by their giant grins, and the music seemed to get louder and happier, as we all danced.

We danced for what felt like days. And finally, Ma and Pa decided that my parties were the best things that could have ever happened to this world, and they needed to be spread. I agreed. That night, my bags were packed, and I would be sent to a city nearby to find a new family, and make parties for every single pony that was wanted, or needed. This city was called “Ponyville”.

Author's Note : This is not the end. There will be more. I will add a few more chapters about her life in Ponyville, and how she met her friends, and I'll also have alternate endings! I would also like to apologize for the large amount of time that you had to wait in order to receive this chapter, but it took me an awful long time to create, and I have been very busy with other things (those other things may or may not be more fan fictions). I plan to go back onto a regular schedule of a few times a week. This chapter is a lot more lengthy, for those who have been asking for it. I planned to split this into smaller chapters, but I decided not to, for the sake of people who like longer ones. Thanks for reading! I hope you continue to!

Love, GlowStar77