• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 3,902 Views, 169 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 13: Clockwork and the Doctor - Doctor Perseus



The Doctor has been living in Ponyville for several peaceful weaks, but the peace is shattered when a stallion from an alternate dimension named Clockwork appears.

  • ...
12
 169
 3,902

Home

Chapter 8: Home

Home of Twilight Sparkle, Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Autumn, 1002 C.E.

"It's the diamond Twilight, isn't it?" Bright Eyes asked.

"Yep," Rainbow Dash groaned in reply.

"Oh no! Oh no, oh no, oh no! We've got to find them!" Derpy cried.

"I don't think we need to find them," said Rarity suddenly.

"What do you mean by that?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"I think they're going to find us." Rarity pointed to behind Derpy and Bright Eyes. A spot of air was rippling and bubbling.

"Another rift?!" asked Rainbow. Just then, three figures slid out of the dimensional rift and hit the floor with three consecutive thuds.

"Doctor! Twilight!" Derpy exclaimed.

"Clockwork!" Bright Eyes exclaimed. Clockwork was unconscious and the Doctor looked like he was half asleep. Twilight was the only one who was conscious.

"Doctor! Clockwork!" Twilight called. She picked herself off the ground.

"What happened?!" asked Rarity.

"I'll explain later. Right now, I think the Doctor and Clockwork need some help, Clockwork especially."

Ponyville Hospital, Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Autumn, 1002 C.E.

Clockwork awoke to find himself feeling oddly relaxed. There was a slight pain in his forehead but, aside from that, he felt fine. He was lying in a hospital bed with the sheets pulled up to his neck. The pillow under his head felt incredibly soft. He suddenly realized how long it had been since he had had a good night's sleep.

"Oh good, you're awake," said a familiar voice. Clockwork turned and noticed that Bright Eyes was sitting next to his bed. She was still wearing her mailpony uniform, which looked fairly damaged by this point and could use a good sewing or two. Clockwork smiled at his visitor. He had never been happier to see the inverted yellow eyes of Bright Eyes. His memory was clouded. He hardly remembered anything from the time he, the Doctor, and Twilight had been back in his home dimension. He, however, remembered one particular detail clearly. It made him sad.

"How long have I been out?" Clockwork asked.

"Around a day or so."

"A day?!"

"Yeah. You arrived back in the library with Twilight and the Doctor. You looked like you were in pretty bad shape."

"I was. I'm still hurting a bit from what happened."

"Yes. Twilight and the Doctor explained everything to me, Derpy, and the others. I asked when it would be all right for you and I to head home but the Doctor simply said that was something that you should tell me." Bright Eyes looked at Clockwork curiously and the stallion gulped in reply. He had to break the news to her.

"Bright Eyes, you and I aren't returning home for a while."

"Are you saying that you can't travel through the rifts anymore?"

"That's part of the reason."

"Well that's no problem! The Doctor says that the TARDIS can travel through dimensions and-"

"The TARDIS can't help us. The walls of our dimension have been welded together for a time. Nothing, not even the TARDIS, will be able to pass through them for a while."

"Are...are you saying what I think you're saying?" Bright Eyes was beginning to tear up. It pained Clockwork to see the innocent mare in such a sad state but he knew that he had to tell her the truth.

"Yes. Until further notice, you and I can't return to our home dimension." Bright Eyes looked down sadly. Clockwork felt her pain and reached a hoof out. She looked up and grabbed his hoof with one of her own. "Don't feel so bad, Bright Eyes. We're alive. We're safe. The Doctor, Twilight, and her library are back where they belong. Everything worked out...for the most part."

"But what about our home?"

"I have a feeling that the walls won't be closed forever. Someday, we'll return home."

"You think so?"

"I know so."

"So...I guess this is our home for the time being."

"I guess...but I have another idea in mind."

"And what would that be?" Clockwork smiled.

"Bright Eyes, how would you feel about joining me on an adventure? And hopefully one that doesn't involve killer clones and living nightmares?"

Outside the Home of Twilight Sparkle, Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Autumn, 1002 C.E.

Twilight and Derpy stood outside and watched as a friendly snowfall drifted down from the clouds above.

"This is a lot better than the storm we recently had," said Derpy.

"I agree," Twilight replied with a laugh.

"Is Spike doing better?"

"Yes. He woke up this morning but he's going to need some rest in order to recover from what happened."

"At least he's fine. What about the Doctor?"

"He's been quiet ever since he left the hospital yesterday. He just went downstairs and has been moping around in his TARDIS ever since. I can only assume that he's thinking up something."

"Well, there's a lot to think about. At least he can go to sleep knowing a little bit more about the rifts."

"Yeah. This Dark Doctor is creating them. I have a bad feeling about this."

"Me too."

"We should go and visit Clockwork and see if he's woken up yet."

"Bright Eyes is already there looking after him." Twilight smiled and looked up at the bluish-white sky. She took in a deep breath of air. It felt cool and crisp. She missed calm days like this.

"The days after a storm are always the best, don't you think?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah," Derpy replied. "I agree." Both mares took in deep breaths of air and exhaled with loud sighs. "It sure feels good to be home."

"Yeah...it does...but-"

"But what?"

"It's just...I love being home...but I've missed that thrill, to an extent."

"I know what you mean. The thrill of not knowing what's going to happen."

"The thrill of finding new things."

"The thrill of fighting for your life and protecting those you care about."

"And the running."

"Of course, the running."

"Running with the Doctor."

"The Doctor." The two mares were quiet for a moment before smiling and giggling. "Look at us. We just had another crazy, heart-pounding adventure and yet here we are asking for more."

"I think the Doctor's starting to rub off on us."

"I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing."

"I'd say that it's somewhere in the middle."

"I'll take that." Derpy yawned and stretched a bit. "Come on. We probably should go and check on Clockwork."

"No need to!" called a familiar voice. Clockwork and Bright Eyes walked across the snow towards them. They had some bags slung across their backs.

"I see that you're looking better," said Twilight.

"Going somewhere?" Derpy asked as she looked at the bags.

"Kind of," Bright Eyes replied. Just then, another familiar noise echoed around them. The TARDIS materialized a few feet away from the library. The Doctor hopped out the box. He was now wearing a brown suit with a red tie.

"Hello, everypony!" he said as he walked towards them.

"You look happy too, Doctor," said Twilight. "What's going on here?"

"I think I'll go and let these two tell their plans first." The Doctor nodded at Clockwork and Bright Eyes.

"Bright Eyes and I are going on a trip," said Clockwork.

"A trip?!" asked a surprised Derpy. "To where?"

"Anywhere. Since we're going to be staying in this universe for a while, we decided that we might as well explore it and see what it has to offer."

"Besides, I think traveling will help us get over things that have happened of late," Bright Eyes added.

"Traveling can help clear the mind," said the Doctor. "Take it from somepony with experience in that field."

"What's in the bags?" Derpy asked.

"Just some of the stuff I had with me when I came through the rift and the food you set aside for me," Bright Eyes replied.

"Well you're going to need more than that if you're going on a world tour!" the Doctor said as he dashed back into the TARDIS. He returned a moment later with a small silver box connected to a silver chain. He handed it to Clockwork.

"What's this?" Clockwork asked.

"That, my friend, is something I recently invented."

"You invented something?" Twilight asked.

"Why do you sound so surprised? What? Did you think I spent all of my time in the TARDIS just moping around?"

"Well-"

"Nevermind." The Doctor turned to Clockwork. "This is something I like to call a TARDIS Storage Bin. Much like the TARDIS, it's-"

"Let me guess," said Clockwork. "It's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside."

"Correct. Open it." Clockwork opened the top of the box and a small, holographic screen appeared.

"What's this?"

"It's the list of everything that's currently inside. I've already gone through the liberty of storing it with some food, clothing, toiletries, and some leftover money that I received from the Good Queen Bess (which the TARDIS Storage Bin can happily turn into Equestrian currency)."

"Good Queen Bess?" Derpy asked.

"Don't ask." The Doctor turned back to Clockwork. "Now read anything off that list out loud."

"Okay. Winter jacket," said Clockwork. Suddenly, a blue winter jacket popped out through the top of the box and landed in the Doctor's outstretched hoof. "Brilliant!"

"I know. To put anything back, you just tell the TARDIS Storage Bin to send it back."

"Just like that? Okay. Send the winter jacket back." The jacket flew off the Doctor's hoof and back into the box.

"Wow," said Derpy and Bright Eyes.

"I know. I also managed to put in a little bit of Equestrian magic as well," said the Doctor.

"How?" asked a somewhat skeptical Twilight.

"I'm the Doctor, shouldn't that be enough of an answer for you?"

"No."

"I like you, Ms. Sparkle. Have I told you that recently?" Everypony laughed and Clockwork placed the TARDIS Storage Bin around his neck. He closed the top and the holographic list disappeared.

"I guess this is goodbye," said Clockwork.

"Until we meet again," said the Doctor as he extended a hoof. Clockwork hesitated for a moment and then shook it.

"Until we meet again, Doctor." While Derpy hugged Bright Eyes, Clockwork turned to face Twilight.

"Good luck, Clockwork," said Twilight as she walked forward and gave him a hug. It still felt a bit awkward between Twilight and Clockwork but they knew that they would get around this one day. "Are you okay?"

"I'm better than I was when I arrived here in your dimension. But meeting the Doctor and seeing you...it's made the whole thing easier to face."

"You'll see her again someday."

"I know."

"Until then, make sure to live life to the fullest. That's what she'd want you to do."

"Yeah. That's what she would want, isn't it? Thank you, Twilight." Twilight smiled and nodded.

"You best hurry to the station then," said the Doctor. "The train leaves in twenty minutes."

"Right! Bye!" said Bright Eyes as she began making her way towards the station.

"Bright Eyes! Wait for me!" Clockwork called as he ran after the excited pegasus.

"Slow poke!" Within seconds, Clockwork and Bright Eyes had disappeared around the bend.

"There they go," said Derpy. "Do you think they'll be all right?"

"Hey, he's an alternate version of me and she's an alternate version of you. That's already a deadly team right there," said the Doctor. Derpy giggled. She suddenly noticed that the Doctor was eyeing the TARDIS oddly.

"Doctor? Is...is everything all right?" The Doctor looked at Derpy and sighed.

"I don't know. I guess, after everything that's happened, it's made me feel a bit homesick."

"You mean of your dimension?"

"Yeah." The Doctor looked towards the TARDIS. Twilight and Derpy looked at each other and then turned back to the Doctor.

"You know...I've been interested for a while now in seeing your home dimension," said Twilight. The Doctor instantly turned back to Twilight and Derpy. A smile appeared on his face.

"Would you both really want to go after all this?" he asked.

"I guess traveling around with you has kind of made us used to stuff like this," said Derpy. The Doctor chuckled and nodded.

"Well, in that case, are you two in the mood for a quick trip to my home dimension?" The two mares smiled and nodded. "So, let's get to it then! The Doctor, Twilight Sparkle, and Derpy Hooves off again!" They began making their way over to the TARDIS. The Doctor opened the doors and stood to the side. "Mares first."

As she walked through the doors, Twilight said, "This should be quite interesting."

"Couldn't agree more, Twilight." Twilight then entered the TARDIS. Before entering the TARDIS, Derpy gave the Doctor a quick hug.

"I can't wait to see what your home dimension's like, Doctor! I wonder how muffins taste like over there," she said as she walked through the doors. The Doctor took one last look at Ponyville.

"Home," he said with a smile before turned around and heading into the TARDIS, closing the doors behind him. Just then, the door to the library opened. Spike stood in the doorway.

"Twilight! Where are you? Your new book of distant Equestrian history just arrived!" he called. Then he heard it: VVRROOMP! VVRROOMP! VVRROOMP! Spike looked and watched as the TARDIS slowly began disappearing. "Already?!" Spike rolled his eyes and smiled. Then he looked down at the book in his claws. "Might as well get this ready for when Twilight returns."

Spike then walked back into the library as the TARDIS disappeared. Meanwhile, a few yards away, a familiar mare in a large, brim hat named Matilda watched as the TARDIS vanished.

"And so it begins," she said to herself before activating her vortex manipulator and disappearing in a quick flash of light.

To be continued...

Comments ( 127 )

(Joke) Alt. Title: Doctor Who Cares? Episode 13: A Clockwork Doctor

2027415 (Joke) Alt. Name: The Namer

2027524 I'm declaring that one a victory, tumbleweed.

Mother of Celestia ... YOU DID THIS ALL IN ONE DAY?! That's impossible! Unless you copy/pasted older things ... I don't know, this isn't scientifically possible ... YOU'RE not scientifically possible! :twilightoops:

2028499
Actually, I didn't write this entire episode in one day. I've been working on it for a couple of weeks now. I just finished the last chapter of the episode yesterday. All of the episodes that I've uploaded, save the 13th, were written a while before I began uploading them to fimfiction. That's why I was able to submit entire episodes at once. By the time I got around to uploading this episode, I had just finished writing the last chapter so I was able to upload and submit the entire thing at once.

:ajsleepy: *sigh* Now I have to have for the next chapter. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy? :raritydespair:

Still, I LOVE this! Keep on Doctor Perseus! You rock, woohoo! :yay:

i can't wait for the next episode! absolutely brilliant work Doctor Perseus

2036204
Agreed
Waiting for next episode…………:twilightsmile:

2030339 *scratchy voice* slender

"And the running."
"Of course, the running."
"Running with the Doctor."

Always with the running. :twilightsmile::derpyderp1:

"Twilight! Where are you? Your new book of distant Equestrian history just arrived!" he called.

Foreshadowing. (A Country at War)

Meanwhile, a few yards away, a familiar mare in a large, brim hat named Matilda watched as the TARDIS vanished.
"And so it begins," she said to herself before activating her vortex manipulator and disappearing in a quick flash of light.

What? Is this the beginning of the EPIC whatever?!
Second time around, it's still just as good. We get teased a little more about the Dark/Discord Doctor and the rifts. I haven't seen a lot of Sombra in fan fiction so it's nice to see him here. It also clarifies that the canon of Season 3 is not happening. These stories are their own thing and that's wonderful! :pinkiehappy: And I guess this is the beginning of the EPIC whatever is going to happen.

2983187 Let's agree to disagree. :twilightangry2:

2677096 DoNt YOu MeAn SleNdER? -LaUGhS ManIcALlY-

2985363 i hate him with a passion because he scared me when i was 7 i will nuke him with a david crocket

2986126 you don't have to, his spine and skull are here on my trophy wall. i gotta tell you, he was a difficult hunt. my biomask was freaking out because of his teleportation. but in the end, he became my most prized trophy.

2983200 ok, change of subject, shall we hunt down this dark doctor and kill him? it will be a battle to recount over a pint of mead in the halls of sovngaarde.

2986138 awe i wanted to kill him sets world"s physics to gmod pulls out a david croket out of my pocket aims and says oh well have to settle for you instead nukes ya

2986374 eh, my black ka'kari will devour all the radiation, and if the blast disintegrates me, i left an eyelash in my dreadnaught, so if i die, the ka'kari will regenerate me a new body, and all i have to do is go get the rest of the ka'kari. kinda hard to kill the night angel, who is also a yautja-time lord hybrid...

2986381 nah you just re spawn so i can nuke you again gmod is cool like that

2986386 right, so, how would you feel if my dreadnaught/TARDIS decided to fire it's main gun into the past and erase you from existence? (sorry, i like to rp, and my character's species is more or less chaotic neutral.) besides, why kill me when i can just rewrite time without the paradox, and make it to where i never killed slendy? as long as i get his skull and spine, it doesn't matter to me.

2986397 i am xander lighting ketchum world traveler guardian of lighting many worlds and dimension will disappear sunny my stories all mlp fim dimensions will disappear poof gone forever so choose wisely and by the way i am a semi immortal god of lighting who has the power to destroy the multi-verse with a single blow

2986422 sounds a lot like my dreadnaught...destroying the multiverse with one blast from her main cannon. but as i said, i have the inherent ability to rewrite time without causing paradoxes. i mean no offense with what i said, but if you kill me, i am pretty sure my dreadnaught will reply in kind.

2986422 wouldn't a semi-immortal god be known as a demi-god? also, "six angels guard the light, but one alone, guards the night." i am the guardian of the night. the night angel. my three faces are: Vengeance, Justice, and Mercy. i do not kill those who don't deserve to be killed. only those who are tainted with evil. those who commit murder, rape, things like that. i see no evil in you, unless you can hide it from me...

2986435 no because i've lived for 20 million but i can be killed by a weapon were gods can't die an less by another god
simple because of gmod physics you die you respawn like nothing happened so it has no reason to use your death ray on me by the way "you" can rewrite time without paradoxes but can your death ray do that when your dead

2986451 good point, but i dont have gmod, it would be fun for skyrim, but i cant get it currently. and try explaining that to my dreadnaught. she is quite stubborn, to her, it's more principle to retaliate. and it's a plasma cannon that is probably 5 google times more powerful than all seven halos. daleks use death rays. also, i don't like making enemies. can we stop this argument? we can work together to truly kill slendy, i may have his skull and spine, but it's harder than what i did to him to kill him permanently.

2986457 i have skyrim just a sec let me get ready and hopes arm bracelet returns in full impenetrable armor and a nuke and Luna"s and Celestia's farewell gifts copies of the elements witch increases my armors strength in speed,strength,luck,magic,skill,and defense

2986471 ok, i will go grab my hunting equipment, which consists of two plasma casters, a combi-stick, a smart disk, two shuriken, a hybridized medi-comp, and a custom warframe that resembles traditional yautja hunter wear, but covers the entire body in a nanofiber suit that increases strength, speed, agility, perception, and reaction time. ( fun game, warframe)

2986486 here we come slendy wait a moment couldn't ya just erase him from the time line with no problem

2986492 i could, but where's the fun in that? it would be a whole lot more fun to hunt him, with the help of an ally, last time, he killed me maybe 19 times before my traps got him, and i hate using traps, but he was starting to get on my nerves.

2986499 okay i guess i can wait 3 years to get out of the underworld if i die

2986503 i have an idea about that, i will take this little device, -picks up an odd looking device that more or less resembles a pear- and, with your permission, have it record your entire body and psyche, so that way, if you die, it will pull your spirit out of your body and regenerate you a new one, exactly as you were before you died, memories and all.

2986518 okay if it's painful i will feel nothing as i've been thrown though a mountain and got out without a scratch without my armor

2986530 it's relatively painless, it mostly does that by scanning your DNA and brain to get a copy of your body, age, and memories, although, it does leave a nasty headache behind. i have yet to fix that annoying side-effect.

2986535 you may have to try several times to my thought and memories because of my wards against badies trying to take over my mind

2986545 ah, ok, that makes sense, i have a few wards around my mind as well, mostly to protect the knowledge on how to grow a TARDIS without being on gallifrey. so, shall we start? the device automatically starts once it hears spoken consent.

2986558 -once the device starts up, it makes a bunch of whirring sounds, followed by a blueish-green scan emitting from it to scan you- (and if i get too into RPing, blame my step-dad, he got me into D&D, also, i can't explain things for sh!t)

2986559 your better than me sorry groceries

2986618 nah, it's all good, i'm mostly sitting around reading fanfics, waiting for school to start. my last year of high school, and my birthday is 2 months and 10 days away. i will then be 18 and can tell my dad to screw off. i really dont like him, mostly because of the verbal, emotional, and mental abuse he puts me and my brother through.

2986634 isn't that child abuse he's doing one word cops

2986719 yes, but he has family in with the courts, so they can pay off certain people to let it fly. he is most likely the reason i am bypolar with anxiety and depression, which in turn led me to punching a brick wall, breaking my pinky at the knuckle, and my ring finger metacarple halfway.

2987103 yup, but oh well, anyway, i have no idea where slendy is currently. i have tried to use his skull to track him down, but that doesnt seem to work....ah well. this is the most annoying part of a hunt, tracking down your prey.

2987111 eh matrix where is target 102 SLENDER

2987111 matrix where is 103 GIANT MARSHMALLOW MAN

2987535 giant marshmallow man? ok, well that makes sense, he does look like a marshmallow...that wears a suit.....and stalkes people till they go mad.....and then kills them in odd ways like impaling on tree branches, or removal of all organs then putting them in plastic bags, and then back into the body IN the bags IN the exact spot they should be in.......

2987543 REALLY :facehoof: two words ghost busters

2987548 OOHHHH mybad, i am starting to think not so clearly, it's 9:41pm here where i am.

2987552 9 45 and and i'm still have energy like no other

2987558 fun, i'm not one to stay up too late, i start to get tired around 8:00 mostly because school starts in about 2 weeks for me

Login or register to comment