• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 3,901 Views, 169 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 13: Clockwork and the Doctor - Doctor Perseus



The Doctor has been living in Ponyville for several peaceful weaks, but the peace is shattered when a stallion from an alternate dimension named Clockwork appears.

  • ...
12
 169
 3,901

The Death of Twilight Sparkle

Chapter 3: The Death of Twilight Sparkle

Home of Twilight Sparkle, Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Autumn, 1002 C.E.

Twilight was getting tired of the awkward silences so she decided to be the first to break the prolonged silence among them.

"Murdered?" she asked. Clockwork nodded his head and sighed.

"Yes, she was murdered," he replied.

"Well, this is certainly another twist of events," the Doctor whispered to Spike.

"I know! Who knew Twilight, even an alternate version of her, would get married?" Spike whispered back.

"You know I can hear you, right?" Twilight asked as she turned to Spike. Spike gave a guilty smile and hid behind the Doctor. Clockwork looked at the Doctor and cocked his head.

"I still can't believe it's you," he said.

"So, how do you know about the Doctor anyway?" Twilight asked. "Does your dimension have its own Doctor?"

"No. The Doctor doesn't exist in my dimension. He only exists in my dreams."

"Your dreams?" the Doctor asked.

"Yes. There have been nights where I've dreamt that I was was called the Doctor. I traveled all throughout time and space in a blue box called the TARDIS and I, while I looked like a pony, was really a Time Lord. Twilight loved hearing about my dreams."

"Interesting."

"I'm lost," said Spike.

"I think it all makes complete sense," said Twilight.

"You do?" asked Spike and Clockwork together. The Doctor smiled.

"I'll let you have the floor with this one, Ms. Sparkle," he said.

"Thank you, Doctor," Twilight said as she cleared her throat. "It's obvious that Clockwork here is an alternate version of the Doctor."

"An alternate version?" Spike asked.

"Of course. He's from an alternate dimension. Now, our Doctor's from an alternate dimension in relation to the one we're in now but Clockwork here is basically from a dimension in which the Doctor wasn't the Doctor. He's the Doctor if he were born in Equestria as not a Time Lord but an average earth pony named Clockwork. However, for some reason, Clockwork has been having dreams that basically tell the story of our Doctor, his alternate self. Hmm...dreams that show you visions of your alternate selves. I should look at a book about dreams and see if anypony's had an experience like that before."

Before anypony could say anything, Twilight rushed over to a nearby bookcase and began looking through a series of books. Clockwork smiled.

"She's practically the same as my Twilight," he said. "Only...only-"

"She doesn't love you," the Doctor finished.

"Well, there's more than one way to look at that," said Spike.

"What's that supposed to mean?" the Doctor asked. Twilight flashed Spike an angry glare.

"Nothing!" Spike then closed his mouth shut.

"I just can't believe that your Twilight was murdered!" said Twilight as she looked through another stack of books. "Murder happens next to never in Equestria."

"The case is the same in my Equestria," said Clockwork. "Twilight was murdered...but not in a really direct way."

"What do you mean by that?" the Doctor asked.

"I guess I should explain the whole story." Clockwork cleared his throat. The Doctor and Spike sat down and were all ears. Twilight, while still looking through her books for anything about dream visions, was all ears as well. "It all started as a test of sorts from Princess Celestia. I don't know if it's the same in your dimension, but in my dimension there was once a powerful and glorious kingdom called the Crystal Empire. It was a magnificent place. Several years before the fall of Discord, the empire was taken over by a dark unicorn by the name of Sombra. He ruled the empire with an iron fist until Celestia and Luna defeated him not too long prior to Luna's banishment. However, Sombra put a curse on the empire and it disappeared following his defeat. Then, not too long after the wedding of Shining Armor and Princess Cadance in my dimension, the empire reappeared...and so did Sombra. Twilight, Spike, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rarity traveled to the Crystal Empire to help Shining Armor and Princess Cadance defeat Sombra and save the empire. This was Twilight's test. In order to defeat Sombra, they had to power the Crystal Heart with the happiness of the Crystal Ponies. They put on a fair in order to cheer up the ponies and it worked. Twilight and Spike traveled deep into Sombra's old castle to find the Crystal Heart and they managed to find it. However, Twilight got caught in a trap and Spike had to deliver the Crystal Heart to Cadance. Cadance then used the Crystal Heart to defeat Sombra and save the empire...but at a cost." Twilight had stopped looking through her books. She could see a deep sadness appearing on Clockwork's face as he was forced to relive the memory. "Just before Sombra was destroyed, he used the last of his powers to activate a secondary mechanic on the trap that had ensnared Twilight. You see, the original trap basically caused a wall of rocks to appear around the area that the Crystal Heart had been held. Twilight had been trapped in this rock cage of sorts, and there were also enchantments to prevent her from teleporting out. However, there was a secondary, last resort mechanic. The mechanic was that a quick, powerful shock traveled through the rocks and the area encircled by them. In other words-"

"She was electrocuted to death," the Doctor finished.

"Yes. She could have been saved but everypony was too busy celebrating the death of Sombra. Spike ran up to fetch her and...that's where they found her. The cage had been destroyed and Twilight was just lying there. She didn't have any marks on her body but she wasn't breathing...she didn't have a pulse...she was gone." A tear rolled down Clockwork's cheek. "I remember hearing how the Crystal Heart had caused everypony within the vicinity of its power to gain a crystal-like appearance. Those who weren't native to the empire only had it temporarily...except for Twilight. Her body remained in a beautiful, crystalline state. She was still sparkling like diamonds when I saw her body. She was so beautiful. I...I miss her so much." It looked like the stallion wanted to cry more but it was apparent that he had already cried too many tears in the past. He had no more to let out. He looked at Twilight again. "It pains me every second I look at you, Twilight. You look just like how she did when I said goodbye to her the day she left for Canterlot to learn the details of Celestia's test."

Suddenly, Clockwork began to feel extremely weak. He felt as though something was calling him away. He began to sway back and forth.

"Clockwork? Are you okay?" the Doctor asked. Clockwork let out a soft breath as he lost consciousness and fell forward onto his stomach.

Ponyville Train Station, Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Spring, 1002 C.E.

Clockwork stood at the train station. Twilight, Spike, and the others were walking across the platform. Twilight had a floating ocean of books, scrolls, and other study tools moving alongside her.

"Sorry to leave on such short notice, Clockwork," she said as she leaned forward and kissed him. "But, you know, the Princess summoned me and-"

"I'm not worried. Go and ace that test for me. I'll be waiting for you here when you get back," he said with a warm smile.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Can we save the mushy love stuff for after Twi passes the test?" Rainbow Dash teased.

"Oh, you're hopeless, Rainbow Dash," said Rarity. "Can you let the husband and wife have their moment?"

"I thought we were in a hurry?"

"We are!" Twilight said suddenly as she raced towards the nearest train car. She turned back to Clockwork and smiled. "Wish me luck!"

"Good luck!" Clockwork called as the others filed onto the train. He wanted to go with them but he had too many orders to take care of. Being a clockmaker was a surprisingly busy job. He turned around and began making his way back to the clock tower. Suddenly, the world seemed to melt away from beneath Clockwork's hooves. "Huh?! What's going on?!"

A voice then began emanating from the new void of darkness around him.

"Is it working yet?" the voice asked. It was definitely a male voice. It sounded bored, annoyed, and dark.

"NOT YET!" announced a metallic voice.

"You Daleks are hopeless. Then again, I did steal you from that warehouse that the Master was using to hoard you all. I guess he made sure to make you all dumber than normal."

"WHEN DO WE EXTERMINATE?!"

"All in due time. Damn, who knew creating an inter-dimensional portal would be such hard work? If only the TARDIS wasn't being a mindless bitch. It has no use in terms of dimensional travel anymore. I make one wrong turn and BANG! No more dimension hopping! At least this dimension wasn't too hard to take over. That Princess Luna is still a pain in my side though." The male chuckled coldly. "I can't wait to show her what surprise I have in store for her."

"WHO'S THERE?!" Clockwork screamed into the darkness. Suddenly, an image began appearing before him. There was an annoyed groan.

"Really? More of these? I thought the side effects had gone away."

"NEGATIVE! THERE ARE STILL HOLES BEING RIPPED OPEN THROUGHOUT SPACE AND TIME!"

"At least the machine is showing that it has the potential the work." A gray figure turned to face Clockwork. His eyes were the clearest part that Clockwork could make out. They were gray and sunken in. "Get out of here you blurry little insect of reality. I have no desire to deal with you at this moment." The figure pulled something out of his pocket and aimed it at Clockwork. There was a strange buzzing noise that Clockwork instantly identified as the sound of the Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver. The scene faded back into black and then...Clockwork woke up.

Outside the Home of Derpy Hooves, Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Autumn, 1002 C.E.

Derpy was met with a burst of cold air when she opened the door. Snow began flying through the new opening. She turned around to face Bright Eyes.

"Come on! We need to see the Doctor!" she said.

"But, I told you, I'm not sick!" Bright Eyes argued.

"I'm not taking you to a doctor! I'm taking you to the Doctor! He'll help you find this Clockwork friend of yours." Bright Eyes smiled happily at the sound of that. Derpy quickly put on a jacket and some boots and walked out into the snow. Bright Eyes followed and shut the door behind her. "You're not getting a coat or boots?"

"Nah. I've flown through weather much worse than this." Derpy and Bright Eyes then began trudging through the snow and towards the library. They walked in silence for a few minutes until something caught Derpy's attention. Somepony, or something, was following them through the snowstorm.

"Do you hear that?"

"No. I can hardly hear anything over this wind." A figure then began to slowly emerge from the wall of snow in front of them. Derpy realized that the figure sparkled like diamonds. She also realized that the figure looked oddly familiar. Bright Eyes gasped.

"What is it?!"

"It...it can't be!" Derpy looked forward to focus on the figure approaching them. She realized that it was a mare but it wasn't just any mare. It was a unicorn mare with a lavender coat and a purple mane.

"Twilight?" Derpy asked as she tried to focus in more on the unicorn. Bright Eyes was in shock.

"But that's impossible! You're dead!" croaked Bright Eyes. The sparkling Twilight before them laughed. It didn't sound like a normal Twilight laugh. It sounded cold and somewhat deep. Twilight's eyes then began to glow bright green.

"I know who you're looking for. You're looking for my dear husband, Clockwork," Twilight said with another cold laugh.

"Husband?" asked a confused Derpy. Bright Eyes was still in shock as Twilight stepped forward. Derpy got a closer look and began to feel afraid. Twilight looked like she had a coat and mane made out of crystals. Her eyes were bright green and black smoke was emanating from her horn.

"You...you're not Twilight Sparkle!" Bright Eyes accused.

"I am her, and I'm not her. I am him, and I'm not him. I am both, and I'm not both," Twilight chuckled. She took a few steps forward. The snow around her turned black and rotten, as if snow could even become rotten. "Why don't we team up? I'm looking for Clockwork too."

"Whatever you are, leave us and Clockwork alone!" Twilight laughed in response to Bright Eyes's order.

"Now why in Equestria would I want to do that, Bright Eyes? After all...the fun is only just beginning."